Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,480 members, 7,801,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After (52378 Views)

Shocking- Kwara Lady Committed Suicide 3 Months After Her Boyfriend Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by Victor930(m): 4:03pm On Aug 06, 2018
Yes it's true that he who wears the shoe knows where it pains but to be realistic na she find trouble by her dressing haba e too much na... May her soul rest in peace
Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by shegssosplendid(m): 4:08pm On Aug 06, 2018
Babyforever:
Thanks
You're welcome.
Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by Ngokafor(f): 4:12pm On Aug 06, 2018
rapmike:
@Dami12345, Dude, I understand your point but rape is emotionally scarring. You can't know how terrible it is for ladies to have their legs yanked away and forcefully taken, especially with the beatings and threats that they also receive with the rape. Its true that laws againsst rape can be abused by ladies, but it does not make a real case of rape to be normal. Just pray that someone close to you does not face it.

P.S. Also pray against gay/anal rape.... That's the worst

What point do you actually understand from that sick bastardd called Dami12345?? angry....My skin is literally crawling knowing that i share same space with people like Dami12345 and you who 'understands' their point..

Gosh!

1 Like

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by Ngokafor(f): 4:18pm On Aug 06, 2018
wisdomIspeace:
this is exactly what rape does, it makes you mad, this guy has clearly lost all respect for woman because he was raped... u need help bro.. go and see a psychologist or something...

He is simply a rapist making up stories to justify why he is a psychopath...Read his narratives again and see if he honestly makes sense.....'just because i have a huge dickkk from hormonal imbalance' blablabla,

That dude is a freaking nut case!
Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by BlackManta(m): 4:24pm On Aug 06, 2018
poik:

if i can actually control my thoughts and actions and the next man cant, its still not safe for her. that is my point. But it is possible for her to be safe completely, by dressing well. once a person is raped, the damage is done. the injuries are inflicted. the downward spiral begins. but it can be prevented to a very reasonable extent.

so dressing conservatively will keep women completely safe from rape

You are wrong bro...

I support conservative dressing but there is more that goes on in the mind of rapist than just dressing.

Ever been to India
Over 90% of their women dress conservatively and yet the same women that dress conservatively gets raped everytime.

Rape in India is so high even though most women cover up.

Why is this so

I'm telling you bro...dressing conservatively wont reduce the rate of rape by any more than 10%.

Trust me on that.

Over here in Nigeria.
Little children gets raped, even little babies.

I see the news every week on nairaland.

Are the little children and babies not dressing conservatively

They dress well but rapist still target them.

If we want to reduce the rate of rape drastically, then we must broaden our mindset and have a bigger and better perspective of the picture.

That said....

A lot needs to be done...
A lot needs to be done than just dressing well.

The words are.....A LOT !

3 Likes

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by OliveCynosure(f): 4:24pm On Aug 06, 2018
Nobody deserves this.
If you think she deserves to be raped cos of the way she's dressed, You're a STUPID PERSON and your STUPIDITY knows no end

1 Like

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by Rubyventures: 4:27pm On Aug 06, 2018
OliveCynosure:
Nobody deserves this.
If you think she deserves to be raped cos of the way she's dressed, You're a STUPID PERSON and your STUPIDITY knows no end

You and me both. I cant believe the kind of comments I'm reading on this thread? Imagine how can anyone justify rape?

1 Like

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by Ngokafor(f): 4:28pm On Aug 06, 2018
[quote author=drlateef post=70028566][/quote]

Dude its not your fault,its this lawless jungle country called Nigeria i blame..

One thing i know about you Nigerian males is that most of you talking rubbish about skimpy wears and all,have enough sense to behave yourselves when you are in saner climes and i wonder why?...do your manhoods shrivel when you travel out of this country or what? lipsrsealed

Go to America or Europe and jump on ladies you see wearing bikinis and other 'skimpy' wears..When you are arrested,you can tell the court it was the ladies fault..lets see what will be left of you by the time the authorities there are through with you

Like i said,its not your fault.
Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by BlackManta(m): 4:32pm On Aug 06, 2018
poik:

if i can actually control my thoughts and actions and the next man cant, its still not safe for her. that is my point. But it is possible for her to be safe completely, by dressing well. once a person is raped, the damage is done. the injuries are inflicted. the downward spiral begins. but it can be prevented to a very reasonable extent.

so dressing conservatively will keep women completely safe from rape

You are wrong bro...

I support conservative dressing but there is more that goes on in the mind of rapist than just dressing.

Ever been to India
Over 90% of their women dress conservatively and yet the same women that dress conservatively gets raped everytime.

Rape in India is so high even though most women cover up.

Why is this so

I'm telling you bro...dressing conservatively wont reduce the rate of rape by any more than 10%.

Trust me on that.

Over here in Nigeria.
Little children gets raped, even little babies.

I see the news every week on nairaland.

Are the little children and babies not dressing conservatively

They dress well but rapist still target them.

If we want to reduce the rate of rape drastically, then we must broaden our mindset and have a bigger and better perspective of the picture.

That said....

A lot needs to be done...
A lot needs to be done than just dressing well.

The words are.....A LOT !

I saw the comment of a guy who claims that dressing well will reduce the rate of rape DRASTICALLY !

He used the word drastically.

How wrong was he !!!

We are yet to see the picture from a better perspective and that is part of the problem.

Issa PITY...
Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 06, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Your comments are based on a stupid assumptions that girls will always want sex.
It also doesn't consider the right of girls to choose who to have it with and where and even how.

Now if she gets pregnant how will she locate the man responsible for the pregnancy?

In addition to all these, it was stated clearly that she was brutally raped.

If girls always enjoy sex and she actually enjoyed it why commit suicide?

Using an analogy, if a secret admirer of yours sends you a huge amount of money without your consent and you enjoyed the money getting and spending experience, can that possibly lead to depression and suicide on your own part?

You are clearly a ret@rded attention seeking personality.

If you are a rapist, better ask God for forgiveness and healing of the psychological wounds to your victims because hell fire is real.

When guys get raped ladies usually comment with laughing smiley and asking stupid questions like did his dick rise? now that a lady got raped I want to ask did she cum? didn't she enjoy it?

2 Likes

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by fhorlar(f): 7:54pm On Aug 06, 2018
Lucid1:

Cowardice in what way? Suicide is the highest level of bravery; taking a giant step into the unknown isn’t cowardice young man.

She must have gone through hell, I hope she’s found peace.

Some humans are so heartless.

Hmmm...I never thought it like this.suicide is indeed bravery.chai..to actually end your life by yourself no be beans. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by LeanonGOD(m): 10:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
May God Bless you.
CodeTemplar:
Your comments are based on a stupid assumptions that girls will always want sex.
It also doesn't consider the right of girls to choose who to have it with and where and even how.

Now if she gets pregnant how will she locate the man responsible for the pregnancy?

In addition to all these, it was stated clearly that she was brutally raped.

If girls always enjoy sex and she actually enjoyed it why commit suicide?

Using an analogy, if a secret admirer of yours sends you a huge amount of money without your consent and you enjoyed the money getting and spending experience, can that possibly lead to depression and suicide on your own part?

You are clearly a ret@rded attention seeking personality.

If you are a rapist, better ask God for forgiveness and healing of the psychological wounds to your victims because hell fire is real.
Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by ozento: 12:43am On Aug 07, 2018
just look at dat clivage picture. wen u tell young ladies these days not to open their bodies they will see it as insult. wel, rip!

1 Like

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by princfred(m): 7:35am On Aug 07, 2018
Any man who in any way attempts to justify or play down rape is an animal. I've seen the mind of rapists and the biggest fault there starts with subtle justification of it then inability to know there is a way to escape the act.

Ladies beware this is why its important to know the psychological make-up more than the height, finances, skin colour, nose shape and social status of a man before dating him. Imagine some of the animal guys yarning dust on this matter are somebodies boyfriend, potential boyfriend and husband.

#BewareofPotentialRapists

1 Like

Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by gees101(m): 2:58pm On Aug 07, 2018
DEATH PENALTY TO RAPIST
Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by rapmike(m): 7:18am On Aug 08, 2018
Ngokafor:

What point do you actually understand from that sick bastardd called Dami12345?? angry....My skin is literally crawling knowing that i share same space with people like Dami12345 and you who 'understands' their point..

Gosh!
Hey, hey, don't quote me if you understand nothing. The dude was making a point about the rape issue and the fact that if stiff laws are passed, some ladies will abuse it. Besides if the only thing you could read on my post is the first line, then read it again and understand what am trying to say.
Re: Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 08, 2018
pocohantas:

We already know their true nature, we don't need them to reinforce it with their comments here. We already know rape victims get more blames. We know they rarely speak out. We know why they rarely speak out. We would also be delusional to think a forum like NL doesn't have actual rape victims and RAPISTS too. The victims see these comments, they get depressed. The RAPISTS see them and become more brazen.

Nairaland is Nigeria's largest online forum, most Google search will lead you back to NL. Yet we allow such comments litter our frontpage.

Do you know that a NLDER committed suicide recently? He was duped by a travel agent. He even created a thread to share his experience. Less than a week later, he killed himself.
We need some sanity on this forum.

SEUN

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me / My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her / Woman Stabs Her Hungry Maid With Knife In Calabar For Taking Food From Pot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.