Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? (9758 Views)

Itel’s 108MP Camera Phone With Mediatek G91 Chip Is Worth The Hype? / Iphone 14: New Camera, Chip Set, Performance, Features, Pricing –full Review / The Difference Between Snapdragon And Mediatek. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by Nobody: 3:49am On Aug 06, 2018
Well, Inorder to find out which chipset is better among the three chipsets, first of all we need to know how these chipsets are different from each other.
1.) Mediatek: It is a Taiwanese company. It uses more cores in it's processors(like octa core,hexa core,deca core). (Battery Life): The mediatek chipsets are known to be more power draining and results in less battery life.Now they are optimizing their processors to be more power efficient but still lags behind their competetion in terms of battery life. Performance: Performance wise their processors are very good.Due the availability of extra cores,mediatek processors can handle intensive and heavy tasks and they are very good at multi-tasking.But we can see all this practically if we have sufficient Ram.Yes more cores demand more Ram to give best performance. (Heating Problem)
Now coming to the heating problem. All the processors deliver heat while performing tasks. Mediatek processors deliver more heat(more cores=more heat) than the others. Graphics: Coming to graphics,Mediatek employs Mali graphics which is a third party graphics vendor(So graphics architectue is different from cpu and its performance may not match with cpu). It is really important to match the performances of cpu and gpu(graphics) so that the whole chipset performs efficiently and effectively.
2.)Snapdragon: Snapdragon chipsets are manufactured by Qualcomm (American) company. Snapdragon chipsets are not only just CPU's they incorporate other many processors in their chipsets.This is the main difference between Snapdragon and other chipsets. Snapdragon chipsets are named as SoC's (System on chip) which means their chipsets(SoC's) have a CPU,GPU(Adreno Graphics),Image processor,Media processor,DSP(Digital Signal Processor),Cellular Modem unit,Wifi Modue,Radio Module,GPS Module,...etc. All these modules and Processors are inside of a snapdragon chip.Yes they incorporated all these things inside their chips.Hence their chips are costly. Battery Life: Snapdragon chipsets are best in terms of power efficiency compared to all other chipsets. Performance: Performance wise they perform really well. In multi-tasking,gaming,handling heavy and intensive tasks they are very good. Heating Problem: Snapdragon Processors generally deliver less heat compared to Mediatek and Intel Atom(Except the Snapdragon 810 Chipset-that faced many heating issues.) Graphics: Coming to graphics, they manufacture their own graphics called Adreno Graphics and incorporate into their chips. So here the performance of cpu and gpu are matched.
3.)Intel Atom: Every one is familiar with Intel processors because they are dominant in the PC market. Intel Atom processors are the initiative taken by the company to enter into mobile segment.Intel processors are best in PC's but when it comes to mobile they have faced one problem...! (Battery Life): Yes, the problem they faced is Battery life. Intel company has experience in manufactuting processors for PC's which consume power in watts(say 40 watts and above) but when it comes to mobile platform where the processors should run on power less than 5 watts, they had a problem in optimizing their processors to work on low power. Don't worry that is all in the initial stage when they entered into mobile market. But recently in Q3 of 2015 they have announced their Mobile processors called core M-processors for mobile platform like tablets and smartphones. These processors are very power efficient and they consume power of 5 watts and below.But we may only see them in Smartphones or Tablets in 2016. Performance: Performance wise, i think i don't need to tell you how Intel Processors do. They are very good both at PC's and on Mobile. (Heating Problem): Intel Atom Processors also deliver more heat when running heavy and CPU intensive tasks or while using for long duration.Let us see how their core M- Processors perform. Graphics: Intel, till now used third party graphic vendors like Power VGR and Mali graphics in their CPU's. Intel also have their own graphics called Intel Iris Graphics which they introduced in their 4th generation core i-series processors for PC's. I am not sure but i have read somewhere that core M-Processors have Intel Graphics built in. Let us see them in 2016. After briefing all these things, Now tell me which chipset is better..? My answer: Till now, Snapdragon is the clear winner here. I have practically used Smartphones which have all these three processors and telling you my answer.The Smartphones that i have used are Micromax Unite 2 (Mediatek Processor) , HTC Desire X (Snapdragon Processor) , Asus Zenphone C (Intel Atom Processor).

5 Likes

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by Nobody: 3:52am On Aug 06, 2018
that's why i prefer redmi note 5 pro over infinix note 5

11 Likes

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by Nobody: 3:54am On Aug 06, 2018
like for redmi note 5 pro share for infinix note 5

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by Krak(m): 5:12am On Aug 06, 2018
You forget to mention Samsung Exynos Processor.

7 Likes

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by phemmyfour: 5:39am On Aug 06, 2018
America over chinko.....snapdragon all the way though mediatek come handy for imei tweaking

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by bravesoul247(m): 5:51am On Aug 06, 2018
MTK.... TECNO Spark2 comes to mind cool

4 Likes

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by princemillla(m): 6:10am On Aug 06, 2018
Each of these processors av their flaws too.

Without mediatek, millions of people including the Op could possibly can't afford smartphone.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by shinzuraven: 6:25am On Aug 06, 2018
Snapdragon are the most efficient processor,apart from Apple's bionic chipset,they are premium quality processors followed closely behind by Kirin and exynos

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by Fundango: 7:25am On Aug 06, 2018
princemillla:
Each of this processors av their flaws too.

Without mediatek, millions of people including the Op could possibly can't afford smartphone.

Yes you re right grin

3 Likes

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by nony43(m): 7:35am On Aug 06, 2018
N
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by Anthony0094(m): 7:36am On Aug 06, 2018
Avalon ship
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 06, 2018
Flexing my Xiaomi Redmi note 5a prime. Thunder scatter infinix and techno

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by beejayvince(m): 7:38am On Aug 06, 2018
Considering you listed three options, I believe you meant "Which is the best?"

9 Likes

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by kurt09(m): 7:39am On Aug 06, 2018
Xiaomi phone rocks. Get one today and thank me later.

20 Likes

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by TechCapon(m): 7:39am On Aug 06, 2018
Huawei's Kirin processors are just as powerful as Snapdragon

1 Like

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 06, 2018
Whizkidjay7:
Well, Inorder to find out which chipset is
better among the three chipsets, first of
all we need to know how these chipsets
are different from each other.

1.) Mediatek:
It is a Taiwanese company. It uses more
cores in it's processors(like octa
core,hexa core,deca core).
(Battery Life):
The mediatek chipsets are known to be
more power draining and results in less
battery life.Now they are optimizing their
processors to be more power efficient
but still lags behind their competetion in
terms of battery life.
Performance:
Performance wise their processors are
very good.Due the availability of extra
cores,mediatek processors can handle
intensive and heavy tasks and they are
very good at multi-tasking.But we can
see all this practically if we have
sufficient Ram.Yes more cores demand
more Ram to give best performance.
(Heating Problem)

Now coming to the heating problem. All
the processors deliver heat while
performing tasks. Mediatek processors
deliver more heat(more cores=more
heat) than the others.
Graphics:
Coming to graphics,Mediatek employs
Mali graphics which is a third party
graphics vendor(So graphics architectue
is different from cpu and its
performance may not match with cpu). It
is really important to match the
performances of cpu and gpu(graphics)
so that the whole chipset performs
efficiently and effectively.

2.)Snapdragon:
Snapdragon chipsets are manufactured
by Qualcomm (American) company.
Snapdragon chipsets are not only just
CPU's they incorporate other many
processors in their chipsets.This is the
main difference between Snapdragon
and other chipsets.
Snapdragon chipsets are named as SoC's
(System on chip) which means their
chipsets(SoC's) have a CPU,GPU(Adreno
Graphics),Image processor,Media
processor,DSP(Digital Signal
Processor),Cellular Modem unit,Wifi
Modue,Radio Module,GPS Module,...etc. All
these modules and Processors are inside
of a snapdragon chip.Yes they
incorporated all these things inside their
chips.Hence their chips are costly.
Battery Life:
Snapdragon chipsets are best in terms of
power efficiency compared to all other
chipsets.
Performance:
Performance wise they perform really
well. In multi-tasking,gaming,handling
heavy and intensive tasks they are very
good.
Heating Problem:
Snapdragon Processors generally deliver
less heat compared to Mediatek and Intel
Atom(Except the Snapdragon 810
Chipset-that faced many heating issues.)
Graphics:
Coming to graphics, they manufacture
their own graphics called Adreno
Graphics and incorporate into their
chips. So here the performance of cpu
and gpu are matched.

3.)Intel Atom:
Every one is familiar with Intel
processors because they are dominant
in the PC market. Intel Atom processors
are the initiative taken by the company
to enter into mobile segment.Intel
processors are best in PC's but when it
comes to mobile they have faced one
problem...!
(Battery Life):
Yes, the problem they faced is Battery
life. Intel company has experience in
manufactuting processors for PC's which
consume power in watts(say 40 watts
and above) but when it comes to mobile
platform where the processors should
run on power less than 5 watts, they had
a problem in optimizing their processors
to work on low power.
Don't worry that is all in the initial stage
when they entered into mobile market.
But recently in Q3 of 2015 they have
announced their Mobile processors
called core M-processors for mobile
platform like tablets and smartphones.
These processors are very power
efficient and they consume power of 5
watts and below.But we may only see
them in Smartphones or Tablets in 2016.
Performance:
Performance wise, i think i don't need to
tell you how Intel Processors do. They
are very good both at PC's and on Mobile.
(Heating Problem):
Intel Atom Processors also deliver more
heat when running heavy and CPU
intensive tasks or while using for long
duration.Let us see how their core M-
Processors perform.
Graphics:
Intel, till now used third party graphic
vendors like Power VGR and Mali
graphics in their CPU's. Intel also have
their own graphics called Intel Iris
Graphics which they introduced in their
4th generation core i-series processors
for PC's. I am not sure but i have read
somewhere that core M-Processors have
Intel Graphics built in. Let us see them in
After briefing all these things, Now tell
me which chipset is better..?
My answer: Till now, Snapdragon is the
clear winner here. I have practically used
Smartphones which have all these three
processors and telling you my
answer.The Smartphones that i have
used are Micromax Unite 2 (Mediatek
Processor) , HTC Desire X (Snapdragon
Processor) , Asus Zenphone C (Intel Atom
Processor).

I really appreciate this thread, most times its hard to break stuff like this down. Nice work bro Snapdragon always even game benchmarking I can tell Adreno kill it

1 Like

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by Shollay20(m): 7:42am On Aug 06, 2018
Good job
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by johnmattew: 7:42am On Aug 06, 2018
these are the best and most powerful RISC chips in the world

1) apple's A series
2)Samsung Exynos
3)huawei's Kirin
4) Qualcomm Snapdragon
5)mediatek chips

note that AMD and INTEL aren't on my list cos they are x86/CISC chips

3 Likes

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by Ifedith(m): 7:43am On Aug 06, 2018
Brand new Xiaomi
Redmi 5a 2gb 16gb.... 31k(gold)
Redmi 5 plus 3gb 32gb.... 55800(black) 55200(gold)
Redmi note 5 4gb 64gb.... 70k(gold)
Xiaomi mi max 2 4gb 64gb... 83k(gold)
Payment on delivery available
Next day free delivery within Lagos.
070three1080two87
Check my signature.

3 Likes

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by Just2endowed2(m): 7:43am On Aug 06, 2018
shinzuraven:
Snapdragon are the most efficient processor,apart from Apple's bionic chipset,they are premium quality processors followed closely behind by Kirin and exynos

Kirin used by Huawei high end smart phone. It doesn't overheat and battery last longer
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by Adeyeancah(m): 7:45am On Aug 06, 2018
Ladies no even comment, Wetin concern ladies with chipsets abi snap dragon ? Them na just to sha use phone grin

20 Likes

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by scarr: 7:47am On Aug 06, 2018
Really?
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by dangoteinlaw: 7:47am On Aug 06, 2018
Specifically why I got a Xiaomi instead of infinix.i have used mediatek phones and their overheating ehh, I don't care if they have improved.it can never take away their heating issues because of too many cores in it

2 Likes

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by henrixx(m): 7:48am On Aug 06, 2018
Lol what about Samsung's exynos?
And huawei's kirin?

Both are very worthy mentions. Especially that kirin.

Meanwhile snapdragon is truely the best

Lastly Samsung s7 for sale at 60k

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by Topmaike007(m): 7:49am On Aug 06, 2018
that is nice, DAT does not stop the fact that mediatek really help pple like us

#team gionee

3 Likes

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by Lordaweezy: 7:50am On Aug 06, 2018
Snapdragon is obviously ahead of the others. It's even ahead of Huawei's Kiren and Samsung's exynos. It's the most efficient chip and it offers the best gpu.

2 Likes

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by opyzy(m): 7:50am On Aug 06, 2018
Snapdragon is king, the name of the processor alone killed it
#beast cool

5 Likes

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by mosesjida(m): 7:52am On Aug 06, 2018
Yea we all know snapdragon is the boss but like you said earlier it is very expensive . but thanks to mediatek despite their flaws cause without them only the rich would be able to buy smart phones

2 Likes

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by dermmy(m): 7:55am On Aug 06, 2018
Innotek by innoson
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by stano2(m): 7:55am On Aug 06, 2018
I have heard so much about Snapdragon, i want to try it next

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Think Tecno, Infinix And Co. Are Pocket Friendly? Check This Out / Om 4.2 Multi Handler Official Thread / Please What Are/is The Safest Way To Send Phone To Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.