Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

BMW E36 Converted To Pick Up - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BMW E36 Converted To Pick Up (1433 Views)

NEED BMW E36 Engine Four Plugs,at Ilorin / Someone Converted A Private Jet Into A Luxurious $5m Street-legal Party Limo / Recommended Engine Oil For M52 Engine Of BMW E36 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BMW E36 Converted To Pick Up by Nobody: 5:14am On Aug 06, 2018
Just sharing a nicely done conversion job.

There's nothing wrong with these types of jobs as long as it's done properly.

Re: BMW E36 Converted To Pick Up by Jakumo(m): 5:53am On Aug 06, 2018
This type of pickup conversion is very common in Nigeria. I have seen numerous old Mercedes cars, and Range Rovers, all converted in this way by very talented body shop artists.

1 Like

Re: BMW E36 Converted To Pick Up by Nobody: 5:58am On Aug 06, 2018
Jakumo:
This type of pickup conversion is very common in Nigeria. I have seen numerous old Mercedes cars, and Range Rovers, all converted in this way by very talented body shop artists.

And they all look like shyte.

A job worth doing is worth doing well.

When you finish with a conversion it should look like it came form the factory.

PS: Ibadan is littered with poorly converted Volvo sedans into pickups.
Re: BMW E36 Converted To Pick Up by Jakumo(m): 6:22am On Aug 06, 2018
EgunMogaji:

These mods when carried out in Africa, are more functional than aesthetic in purpose, given the lack of equipment for the job, but hey, those owners who use Mercedes pickup conversions to haul farm harvest along bad roads are not in the least concerned about the finish and visual appeal of the job.

In summary, such conversions done in the West are likely to be intended for car shows and the such, whilst the same conversion is generally performed in Africa as a basic survival strategy by someone who simply cannot afford to buy a stock pickup truck. Despite the unpolished nature of the job done, I still doff my hat to Nigeria's Kazeem auto mechanics and body shops, for the ingenuity and creativity they display in this sort of conversion, and other similar endeavors.

2 Likes

Re: BMW E36 Converted To Pick Up by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 06, 2018
Jakumo:

These mods when carried out in Africa, are more functional than aesthetic in purpose, given the lack of equipment for the job, but hey, those owners who use Mercedes pickup conversions to haul farm harvest along bad roads are not in the least concerned about the finish and visual appeal of the job.

In summary, such conversions done in the West are likely to be intended for car shows and the such, whilst the same conversion is generally performed in Africa as a basic survival strategy by someone who simply cannot afford to buy a stock pickup truck. Despite the unpolished nature of the job done, I still doff my hat to Nigeria's Kazeem auto mechanics and body shops, for the ingenuity and creativity they display in this sort of conversion, and other similar endeavors.

I see your points.

My focus is not on folks doing shoddy jobs.

My focus is on great Nigerians going the extra steps for perfection.

Nigerians have been doing vehicle modifications for a long time.

Many should remember the agbegilodo, bolekaja, molue and shalake.

How many years is it going to take to upgrade skills and tools?
Re: BMW E36 Converted To Pick Up by Jakumo(m): 11:48am On Aug 06, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I see your points.

My focus is not on folks doing shoddy jobs.

My focus is on great Nigerians going the extra steps for perfection.

Nigerians have been doing vehicle modifications for a long time.

Many should remember the agbegilodo, bolekaja, molue and shalake.

How many years is it going to take to upgrade skills and tools?

Nobody can spend as many years living in The City of Angels, as you have done, without evolving significantly higher standards of craftsmanship, when it comes to anything on wheels, so your disdain for the work done by Nigerian auto-body shops is perfectly understandable. In this light, accept my apology for making mention of "Engineer" Kazeem and his boys, who hold court in Ogunpa mechanics' village, not far from your top-secret Embassy and Regional HQ in Ibadan.

Given their equipment limitations, Third-World mechanics will never be a match for their counterparts working in The South-land of California, or anywhere else that high-tech body shops operate, but, given the basic and primitive tools at their disposal, African mechanics and auto-body shops do perform wonders that would amaze mechanics working in the industrialized West. I could tell some stories of such car repair work, but that might tread close to boring our Exalted Egun Agba, which is a serious offense I will not venture to commit this fine day.

'TShun sah ! Na ya eye we dey look.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BMW E36 Converted To Pick Up by daamazing(m): 1:58pm On Aug 06, 2018
This thread is strong shocked
Re: BMW E36 Converted To Pick Up by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
Jakumo:

Nobody can spend as many years living in The City of Angels, as you have done, without evolving significantly higher standards of craftsmanship, when it comes to anything on wheels, so your disdain for the work done by Nigerian auto-body shops is perfectly understandable. In this light, accept my apology for making mention of "Engineer" Kazeem and his boys, who hold court in Ogunpa mechanics' village, not far from your top-secret Embassy and Regional HQ in Ibadan.

Given their equipment limitations, Third-World mechanics will never be a match for their counterparts working in The South-land of California, or anywhere else that high-tech body shops operate, but, given the basic and primitive tools at their disposal, African mechanics and auto-body shops do perform wonders that would amaze mechanics working in the industrialized West. I could tell some stories of such car repair work, but that might tread close to boring our Exalted Egun Agba, which is a serious offense I will not venture to commit this fine day.

'TShun sah ! Na ya eye we dey look.

I’ve not always lived in the US.

I aim to hold artisans feet to the flame. We should never accept nor salute less than stellar work.

I won’t and be will always show good examples on here and ridicule them until they improve.

The work above wasn’t done by a pro shop but by some guys in a garage.
Re: BMW E36 Converted To Pick Up by AutoElectNG: 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2018
EgunMogaji:

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Much Would You Buy A Ford Transit Van 2006 Model? / Uber And Taxify Business / God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.