Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,395 members, 7,781,135 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:33 AM

Important Things Guys Should Understand About Ladies - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Important Things Guys Should Understand About Ladies (647 Views)

What Are 10 Things Guys Wish Girls Knew? / All The Things Guys Do To Delay Orgasm - Meme Collection / Things Guys Say When They Want To Get Down With A Babe: See Hilarious Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Important Things Guys Should Understand About Ladies by Nobody: 5:31am On Aug 06, 2018
If a woman has a viscerally bad reaction to you hitting on her, then either your approach was crass (maybe a backhanded compliment or too sexual) or she believes she is way out of your league to the point where you forced her to question her self-image or she feels you ought to have known better. I’m not saying she is out of your league. I’m saying that’s what she probably thinks. Do what you will with this information.

If you hint to your woman friend that you are interested in her romantically and she dodges the subject, or she makes a joke, or she makes ANY excuses about why you wouldn’t work, then you must believe that she is not interested. She is trying to help you save face.

If you call yourself her friend, then she will accept favors from you, even if she suspects you are hoping for more. In our mind this is fair because we are allowed to take you at your word that you are just being a good friend. A woman probably won’t flat-out tell you “This will never happen” if she enjoys you as a friend.

If I consider you a platonic friend, and you want “more,” then your best strategy (which still may not work) is to stop being available. Don’t be rude or make a formal announcement—just don’t be at my beck and call. Don’t listen to me cry about the jerk I’m dating. In order to re-envision our relationship, I have to miss you and not take you for granted.

If you do any of the following too soon (before you have established a relationship), she may be repelled: Buy her an extravagant gift. Tell her you’ve never felt this way. Tell her you can see the two of you having kids. Adopt her hobbies. Kiss up to her family. Why? By trying so hard, you inadvertently are signaling that she can do better. She also sees her ability to make a choice being threatened, because you can throw the “After all I did for you” card.

Re: Important Things Guys Should Understand About Ladies by Chicagoesontop: 5:51am On Aug 06, 2018
Re: Important Things Guys Should Understand About Ladies by youngds: 7:34am On Aug 06, 2018
wink words
Re: Important Things Guys Should Understand About Ladies by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 06, 2018
Amakavula:
If a woman has a viscerally bad reaction to you hitting on her, then either your approach was crass (maybe a backhanded compliment or too sexual) or she believes she is way out of your league to the point where you forced her to question her self-image or she feels you ought to have known better. I’m not saying she is out of your league. I’m saying that’s what she probably thinks. Do what you will with this information.

If you hint to your woman friend that you are interested in her romantically and she dodges the subject, or she makes a joke, or she makes ANY excuses about why you wouldn’t work, then you must believe that she is not interested. She is trying to help you save face.

If you call yourself her friend, then she will accept favors from you, even if she suspects you are hoping for more. In our mind this is fair because we are allowed to take you at your word that you are just being a good friend. A woman probably won’t flat-out tell you “This will never happen” if she enjoys you as a friend.

If I consider you a platonic friend, and you want “more,” then your best strategy (which still may not work) is to stop being available. Don’t be rude or make a formal announcement—just don’t be at my beck and call. Don’t listen to me cry about the jerk I’m dating. In order to re-envision our relationship, I have to miss you and not take you for granted.

If you do any of the following too soon (before you have established a relationship), she may be repelled: Buy her an extravagant gift. Tell her you’ve never felt this way. Tell her you can see the two of you having kids. Adopt her hobbies. Kiss up to her family. Why? By trying so hard, you inadvertently are signaling that she can do better. She also sees her ability to make a choice being threatened, because you can throw the “After all I did for you” card.

what I don't really understand is what that picture that goes with your post depicts...

(1) (Reply)

7-year-old Boy Marries His Mom In A Lavish Disney-themed Wedding. Photos & video / Challenge to all Feminists: What Are you really Fighting For? / Things That Cause Insecurities In A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.