Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us (21611 Views)

Top 10 Video Games Based On Myths And Traditions / Video Games That Killed People In Real Life (Photos, Video) / 10 Video Games "Villains" Who Were The "Good" Guys (2) (3) (4)

Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by HyDef(m): 8:49pm On Aug 06, 2018
Sims was and still is the shizznat.
The amount of hours adolescent me put into Sims House Party is uncountable.

Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by RexTramadol1: 8:49pm On Aug 06, 2018
Who still dey play game?

Only Omo butty fit

For this kind country.
Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by Babysho(m): 8:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
Topshow4real:
I wonder why topics about Sowore and his presidential ambition are not making front page, just wondering. . .

It wasn't until I saw people, YOUTHS, young vibrant thinking men actually talk down Sowore's presidential aspirations that I knew that Nigerians don't know what they want and most of them just came to dance to the music of Election Games.
The number one problem in Nigeria is not even corruption, it's the absence of Check and Balance due to the unnecessary size of the government. Atiku and Buhari don't even talk about it at all, whereas Sowore's campaign clearly mentioned this but no. They keep looking for foolish excuses to not support him. I don't even understand Nigerians o.

Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by Thavik(m): 8:54pm On Aug 06, 2018
Vasaratti16:
#10: Spec Ops: The Line
In an industry where current military shooters are normally observed as a bunch of straight activity set pieces, with an objective to stop psychological oppressors cause they're not American, Spec Ops at first glance appeared as yet another non specific shooter endeavoring to capitalize on Call of Duty's fame.

More terrible still, the game's dispatch trailer and past sections that took after a similar equation just fortified that affiliation. But when the game turned out goodness how wrong we were, what we go rather was an aggravating top to bottom investigate madness when the line to unmistakable great and terrible was distorted to the point, that in your craving to be a legend, you wind up turning into a beast.
OMG i absolutely enjoyed this game, it started as a generic 3rd person shooter, but soon developed into a very immersive story driven action packed game...i really didn'nt expect the ending tho cheesy
Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by lexy2014: 9:02pm On Aug 06, 2018
abiodunalasa:
A gamer who has not played Batman: Arkham Asylum... Is that one a gamer ? undecided
it depends
Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by Leopantro: 9:07pm On Aug 06, 2018
Vasaratti16:
#2: Metroid Prime
Gamers may recognize what they need, but they don't generally comprehend what's best for them.

A valid example: "Metroid Prime." After the enormity of "Super Metroid" and different titles in the acclaimed side-looking over arrangement, fans were horrified to take in this new enterprise would be a first-individual shooter.

The way that a then obscure Amercian engineer was helming the game didn't look good either. How wrong we were. Environmental, chilling, and disconnecting, "Metroid Prime" separated itself as one of the establishment's most including sections and put Retro Studios on the guide. Perhaps history may rehash itself with Metroid Prime Federation Force? It wouldn't amaze us that is without a doubt.

DUDE. I'm currently playing Metroids on Wii right now.
i downloaded Metroids 1, Metroids 2 , Metroids 3 and Metroids: the other M.
i swear this game is awesome
Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by BOLDSTEP00(m): 9:10pm On Aug 06, 2018
D batman!! grin grin dis game eeeh!
Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by Leopantro: 9:15pm On Aug 06, 2018
Vasaratti16:
#5: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Discuss judging a game in light of appearance alone. There was a gigantic clamor when individuals saw that "Zelda" would go the cel-shaded course.

The way that prior tech demos proposed a darker, more practical approach just made this turnaround all the more baffling. When gamers really popped "Wind Waker" into their GameCube, however, they understood regardless it encapsulated all that we adore about "Zelda" with unparalleled enterprise, areas, and legend.

In addition, in the wake of moving beyond the expressive change, you'll see this is really a standout amongst the most delightful looking games and still looks obviously better than some other 3D Zelda game to date.

I'm not so sure about the Wind Waker.
i have got legend of Zelda: Ocania of time, Majora's Mask, twilight Princess, Wind Waker and Skyward Sword. hope to get the one on switch soon.
Wind Waker is good even with the cartoon-ish look but far better than Majora's Mask. forcing myself to finish it.
Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by lexy2014: 9:17pm On Aug 06, 2018
Babysho:

It wasn't until I saw people, YOUTHS, young vibrant thinking men actually talk down Sowore's presidential aspirations that I knew that Nigerians don't know what they want and most of them just came to dance to the music of Election Games.
The number one problem in Nigeria is not even corruption, it's the absence of Check and Balance due to the unnecessary size of the government. Atiku and Buhari don't even talk about it at all, whereas Sowore's campaign clearly mentioned this but no. They keep looking for foolish excuses to not support him. I don't even understand Nigerians o.
thats because we prefer d political drama not d political principles

Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by ElPhoche(m): 9:21pm On Aug 06, 2018
Uglymugg:

What is this nonsense you've written? Am I high or does this look like it was rephrased to death.
I had to come down and check to be sure I am not the only one who ended up being confused.

Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 06, 2018
lexy2014:
it depends
Oga if you never play that game u ain't no shiit undecided
Next!
Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by lexy2014: 9:26pm On Aug 06, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Oga if you never play that game u ain't no shiit undecided
Next!
how did u come 2 that conclusion? Are u an authority on games?

Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by Leopantro: 9:32pm On Aug 06, 2018
Vasaratti16:
#10: Spec Ops: The Line
In an industry where current military shooters are normally observed as a bunch of straight activity set pieces, with an objective to stop psychological oppressors cause they're not American, Spec Ops at first glance appeared as yet another non specific shooter endeavoring to capitalize on Call of Duty's fame.

More terrible still, the game's dispatch trailer and past sections that took after a similar equation just fortified that affiliation. But when the game turned out goodness how wrong we were, what we go rather was an aggravating top to bottom investigate madness when the line to unmistakable great and terrible was distorted to the point, that in your craving to be a legend, you wind up turning into a beast.

i know when an article has passed through an article spinner.
poor try.
Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by olatade(m): 9:34pm On Aug 06, 2018
Vasaratti16:
#6: GoldenEye 007
Another Video Game on the list that was based on a movie, Golden eye astounding situation where each on occasion, we get a movie game that triumphs against the chances.

"GoldenEye" wound up being one of these uncommon exemptions, which is particularly astonishing thinking of it as turned out two years late. However, gamers stay enraptured by this present game's magnificent interest to this date, as it advanced the FPS genre with idealize gameplay, rich level plan and a multiplayer part that was shockingly included at last. That is the reason you clutched your old N64 and still play in your apartment today.

ohh!i miss the days of goldeneye. my brother will invite his friends while i also invited mine to duel on the four player battle mode.hmmm, those days...
Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by darqly(m): 9:34pm On Aug 06, 2018
Vasaratti16:
Another Video Game on the list that was based on a movie, Golden eye astounding situation where each on occasion, we get a movie game that triumphs against the chances.

"GoldenEye" wound up being one of these uncommon exemptions, which is particularly astonishing thinking of it as turned out two years late. However, gamers stay enraptured by this present game's magnificent interest to this date, as it advanced the FPS genre with idealize gameplay, rich level plan and a multiplayer part that was shockingly included at last. That is the reason you clutched your old N64 and still play in your apartment today.

This was legendary FPS back then. This and Perfect Dark.
Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by KingSlayer1(m): 9:45pm On Aug 06, 2018
Vasaratti16:
#4: The Sims
It isn't surprising that people raised brows in the wake of finding out about "The Sims."

Although everybody was arguing for another "SimCity," we rather got a game where you basically simply play house.

Going from building an entire city to living in a rural area seemed like the greatest advance in reverse one could take. "The Sims" was relatively revolutionary, in any case, as gamers ended up immersed by their virtual second lives. It exhibited exactly how put we can move toward becoming in a video game world, regardless of whether that world is a basic family unit.
Here is the best game ever.
The Game I'll never trade for anything...
From Sims 1(2000), Sims 2(2004), Sims 3(2009), Sims 4 (2014) to every other Sims Game (Sims Freeplay, Sims Mobile) every single one has been a Hit.
This is a game everyone should play.
Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 06, 2018
Brother in arms
I got stuck in their sniper section.its almos5 impossible to steady d gun to shoot once
The game just tire me.I would really have loved to finish the level
Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 10:51pm On Aug 06, 2018
Fortnite

Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by LZAA: 11:51pm On Aug 06, 2018
Vasaratti16:
Vasaratti16

Just like you can't judge a book by it cover, you also can't judge a video game by it box arts and trailers.Today we'll be checking down the picks for the Top 10 Video Games that Surprised Us.

For this rundown, we will be looking at video games that before their release had low desires, be it due to a ludicrous idea, earlier games or fan kickback. But rather wound up being momentous titles despite seemingly insurmountable opposition.
I call bul on goldeneye,sims and bats
Are u for real?
Note u used the keyword "DOOMED"
Those games were anticipated like mad and goldeneye practically opened a new vista for adventure games
Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by Dollabiz: 11:59pm On Aug 06, 2018
How many people love adventures games
Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by zinizta: 1:02am On Aug 07, 2018
Vasaratti16:

OMG.... bringing back nostalgic memories
Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by justtoodark: 1:50am On Aug 07, 2018
fergieboy:
Candy crush

candy crush is not my thing....i would be bored quickly....

but everbody like and dislike things..... wink wink
Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by bastien: 6:54am On Aug 07, 2018
OK
Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by franklingud(m): 9:50am On Aug 07, 2018
Please can anyone tell me where killSwitch can be located?

I need to play that game again.
Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by Requiem18(m): 10:34am On Aug 07, 2018
Sad to see the majority of replies are just mobile gamers.....

Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by Blamtom(f): 1:06pm On Aug 07, 2018
I love those games cool cool

Cheek signature
Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by stormtrooper: 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2019
Isn't the Super Metroid one of them? I was a little child when this game dropped and of course it didn't seem a fail to me, but for a lot of other people which were older than me seemed to not like this game from the beginning. Then it became a very popular game. There are people which are playing it even now. I downloaded it also a few weeks ago as a friend of mine sent me the ROM to it. It amazed me that this game is alive even today. He was like: "Do you want to travel back in time?". And I was like: "Yeah! Sure", thinking that he's joking. And then he sent me the Super Metroid ROM. He was damn right, I am time-traveling every evening when I play it.
Re: 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us by larrydan: 9:53pm On Dec 11, 2019
stormtrooper:
Isn't the Super Metroid one of them? I was a little child when this game dropped and of course it didn't seem a fail to me, but for a lot of other people which were older than me seemed to not like this game from the beginning. Then it became a very popular game. There are people which are playing it even now. I downloaded it also a few weeks ago as a friend of mine sent me the ROM to it. It amazed me that this game is alive even today. He was like: "Do you want to travel back in time?". And I was like: "Yeah! Sure", thinking that he's joking. And then he sent me the Super Metroid ROM. He was damn right, I am time-traveling every evening when I play it.

in fact Super Metroid is one of the best games that I remembered from the first sight...

Romantic Games for Lovers / Lotto Games Forcasting Forum / Brand New And UK Used Ps4 Consoles And Accessories Available

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55