Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) (38735 Views)

Suspected Drunk Driver Seen Driving Dangerously In Lekki, Lagos (Photo, Video) / White Couple Sitting Dangerously On A Bike In Ikeja / A Dangerously Unattached Container On A Trailer Spotted On The Road (see PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by AutoJoshNG: 1:52pm On Aug 06, 2018
In Nigeria, commercial motorcycles popularly referred to as “Okada” are a necessary evil.

Patronizing them are often necessary due to the ease that they provide in order to get commuters to their destination speedily.

Okada-rides are often dangerous. However the need to patronize them is not particularly helped by the fact that so many of our bad road are only accessible by Okada.

Nonetheless, Okadas have become an essential part of the daily commute of many Nigerians.

Okadas are designed to accomodate 2 people at a time – the driver and one passenger.

However, sometimes, we come across some sights that seem to take the danger of using an Okada a bit to the extreme. It is the sight of “over-passengered” Okadas. These are sights of some Okadas who exceed capacity of passengers that they were designed to carry at a time. Some times, they exceed the passenger capacity by an extreme number. thereby putting the passenger at great risk.

See photos for some instances.

https://autojosh.com/see-some-overloaded-okadas-spotted-on-the-road-photos/

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by AutoJoshNG: 1:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
More

3 Likes

Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by AutoJoshNG: 1:53pm On Aug 06, 2018

6 Likes

Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by KendrickAyomide: 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2018
grin

3 Likes

Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by Treasure17(m): 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
Really weird. And they will shift the blame on devil if there's crash.

1 Like

Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by oloriooko(m): 2:28pm On Aug 06, 2018
the accident scene is photograph taken at the nick of time, spot on! grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by pocohantas(f): 2:36pm On Aug 06, 2018
www.nairaland.com/attachments/7526025_overloadedokada13_jpeg9baca3bb6dba83b6e5811c6f13404c8e

This one is a normal formation for kids from average Naija homes. Those ones that can't afford school bus, their parents will get them a personal okada man that'll take them to school and back.

Very dangerous ride[s], but look at us now, we made it.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
My states commissioner for local government affairs would say Nigerian children are endangered species.

pocohantas:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/7526025_overloadedokada13_jpeg9baca3bb6dba83b6e5811c6f13404c8e

This one is a normal formation for kids from average Naija homes. Those ones that can't afford school bus, their parents will get them a personal okada man that'll take them to school and back.

Very dangerous rides.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by pocohantas(f): 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2018
DonPiiko:
My states commissioner for local government affairs would say Nigerian children are endangered species.

There is a portfolio like that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by Imustreturn(m): 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2018
pocohantas:

every state has it

5 Likes

Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 06, 2018
Yes now even boundary and dispute resolution, I think that's his correct portfolio, he used to head water resources before the Governor reshuffled them.
pocohantas:

Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by pocohantas(f): 4:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
Imustreturn:
every state has it

Wow, what are his duties? cheesy
Don't mind me, I can imagine his duties.

There's probably a Special Adviser to the Commissioner of Local Government Affairs and a P.A too.

1 Like

Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by pocohantas(f): 4:21pm On Aug 06, 2018
DonPiiko:
Yes now even boundary and dispute resolution, I think that's his correct portfolio, he used to head water resources before the Governor reshuffled them.

Ina nukwa!!
Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
Come closer, I want to tell you something.
pocohantas:

Ina nukwa!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by Teaser4(m): 4:48pm On Aug 06, 2018
The hustle is real shocked
Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by spycee1: 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2018
ALSO SEE VIRAL PIC grin grin grin

Male Twitter user caught sending sexually explicit messages to a random lady grin grin

http://trendinghelm..com/2018/08/male-twitter-user-caught-sending.html
Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by TalkTalkTwins(m): 5:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
Okada gone wrong
Hausa Demons

Meanwhile
All bloggers must see this amazing tips on how you can increase your DA
Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2018
Poverty.
Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by TalkTalkTwins(m): 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2018
e
Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by TalkTalkTwins(m): 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2018
www.nairaland.com/attachments/7526015_overloadedokada16_jpegfd4ce04b6b36299ca01d68d2ce9d0b39

this can only happen in the North

Meanwhile
There is a massive youth empowerment by UNESCO now, please apply here.

1 Like

Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by ikorodureporta: 5:21pm On Aug 06, 2018
cheesy lala's sibling spotted...

7 Likes

Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by TalkTalkTwins(m): 5:21pm On Aug 06, 2018
w
Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by OsuMustGo: 5:21pm On Aug 06, 2018
ONLY IN ENUGU

grin
Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by wristbangle: 5:22pm On Aug 06, 2018
Autojoshng no go kill person grin grin
Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by FundmengREP: 5:25pm On Aug 06, 2018
Photoshop dominated the pics grin

2 Likes

Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by nonjebose(m): 5:27pm On Aug 06, 2018
The third pics having the rider with smiling nine passengers exemplifies the suffering and smiling syndrom

1 Like

Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by FaceThem: 5:28pm On Aug 06, 2018
pocohantas:

Wow, what are his duties? cheesy
Don't mind me, I can imagine his duties.

There's probably a Special Adviser to the Commissioner of Local Government Affairs and a P.A too.
Shebe you have ladies Okada
Re: Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) by Fierce11: 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2018
I saw this at nasarawa state as I had to lodge before continuing my journey the next day... I was trying to pity the hausa boys who were about 6 on the bike.. But it wasnt possible.. They joy on their faces was immense.. And they were driving like animals.. I swear, i was just waiting for them to drop dead so i would have a good laugh.. Some people propagate their own death.. me7dpdI

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Easiest Way To Travel Abroad / Uber Driver Attacks Woman; Uber Deletes Her Account After She Reported To Them / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.