Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

1500 Migrants Die Crossing Mediterranean Sea - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 1500 Migrants Die Crossing Mediterranean Sea (282 Views)

60 Migrants Feared Drowned Crossing Mediterranean From Libya / Nigerian Men Rejoice After Crossing The Mediterranean Sea Into Europe (video) / Burial Of The 26 Nigerian Girls Killed In Mediterranean Sea (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

1500 Migrants Die Crossing Mediterranean Sea by Iamgeecee: 4:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
No fewer than 1,500 refugees and migrants have lost their lives Crossing the Mediterranean sea in the first seven months of 2018, the UN High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) said.

The refugee agency said the bleak milestone was confirmed after more than 850 lives were lost in June and July alone, marking the Mediterranean crossing as the deadliest sea route in the world.

UNHCR said it was particularly concerned, as the rate of deaths was increasing

In spite of the fact that total number of people arriving on European shores is significantly reduced compared to previous years.

Around 60,000 people have crossed the Mediterranean so far this year, about half as many as in 2017 and a return to pre-2014 levels.

Continue Reading Here: http://naijacorrect.com/migrants-die-crossing-mediterranean-sea
Re: 1500 Migrants Die Crossing Mediterranean Sea by amaniro: 4:24pm On Aug 06, 2018
B
u

H
A
R

I
I
s
A
M
I
s
t
a
k
e
t
O
b
e
c
O
r
r
e
c
t
e
d
angry

(1) (Reply)

6 Feared Dead In Maiduguri Boat Mishap / 18 Fathers Die In Gombe Accident / Travel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.