Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,886 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:39 AM

Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed (6025 Views)

MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval / Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show / Seven DANGER You Must Know About Maggi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 06, 2018
Sexism:Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed
With Maggi - every woman is a star. (THIS IS MAGGI'S COVER TEXT /ADVERT)

Despite all attempts to erase sexism from every part of the world, some people are still bent on clinging to or promoting their archaic & sexist ideologies.
Maggi's cover text is absolutely a sexist one and I believe the producers of Maggi seasoning know so.
WHAT DO THEY MEAN BY WITH MAGGI EVERY WOMAN IS A STAR?
they're simply reemphasing the belief that only women should cook, cooking is meant for women only if not the cover advert should've been WITH MAGGI EVERYBODY IS A STAR.
it should be gender neutral. If you must tag WOMEN then tag men also, or else they're simply a sexist and useless brand.
Maggi cannot try this nonsense in civilized countries like the US else they get their sexist ass sued for a couple of $$$.

I'm calling on women to boycott Maggi until they change /remove that sexist advert-cover.

LETS SAY NO TO SEXISM, PATRIARCHY AND MISOGYNISM!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 06, 2018
op e be like say you Don dey high on gutter water, monkey, forming feminist movement but still asking boys for money. them tell you say Maggi no dey abroad, ignorant fool

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by tintingz(m): 6:21pm On Aug 06, 2018
The OP article is kinda right, what's wrong with "everyone is a star", we men that cook with Maggi we're not stars?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 06, 2018
tintingz:
The OP article is kinda right, what's wrong with "everyone is a star", we men that cook with Maggi we're not stars?

Exactly.. any straight individual would know that the cover is sexist.

Which one is with Maggi every woman is a star? are women the only ones who make use of Maggi?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 06, 2018
Lalasticlala move this thread to front page so that more women can boycott Maggi until they address their sexist cover.
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Baawaa(m): 6:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
OP,this is Africa,you can ask your mummy that who use kitchen most between her and your daddy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Goddyss(m): 6:40pm On Aug 06, 2018
@OP, if maggi issue is the only issue you can think of in this buhari administration, then you are of all Nigerians,most miserable

3 Likes

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 06, 2018
Baawaa:
OP,this is Africa,you can ask your mummy that who use kitchen most between her and your daddy

Words of a typical misogynist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 06, 2018
Goddyss:
@OP, if maggi issue is the only issue you can think of in this buhari administration, then you are of all Nigerians,most miserable

Common sense isn't common. I didn't tell you to vote for buhari so I can't turn Nigeria's problems into my problems.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by hisgrace090: 6:43pm On Aug 06, 2018
Another lazy youth spotted ordinary to cook food you can't, let wait and see.
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 06, 2018
hisgrace090:
Another lazy youth spotted ordinary to cook food you can't, let wait and see.

Illiteracy is bad .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by hisgrace090: 6:46pm On Aug 06, 2018
Elder001:

Illiteracy is bad .

Keep on fooling around.

1 Like

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Goddyss(m): 6:46pm On Aug 06, 2018
Elder001:

Common sense isn't common. I didn't tell you to vote for buhari so I can't turn Nigeria's problems into my problems.

Just as common sense is found wanting in your head by tagging a sentence in a maggi label as sexism.

2 Likes

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 06, 2018
Goddyss:

Just as common sense is found wanting in your head by tagging a sentence in a maggi label as sexism.

Rotfl... do you know how many brands changed their logos this year alone in the US because the logos were tagged sexist?

ignorance is bad... the fact that sexist and misogynistic brands don't get sued in Africa shouldn't call for joy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 06, 2018
hisgrace090:

Keep on fooling around.
Kids.
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by hisgrace090: 6:52pm On Aug 06, 2018
Elder001:

Kids.

Adult dancing nacked, parade yourself the more you deserve it.

1 Like

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Goddyss(m): 6:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
Elder001:

Rotfl... do you know how many brands changed their logos this year alone in the US because the logos were tagged sexist?

ignorance is bad... the fact that sexist and misogynistic brands don't get sued in Africa shouldn't call for joy.

Wisdom is apparently lacking in you. A wise man understands that different region on earth has their cultures and worldviews. Why forcing me and others to behave like Americans? Are u maad? If e pain you, renounce your citizenship and go to US.

Fake things always claiming they know when they dont

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by chiommy123(f): 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
they are saying we are stars and you want us to boycott their product op why

6 Likes

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Headlesschicken(m): 6:59pm On Aug 06, 2018
undecided I wonder what they now teach in schools,how can dix sh!t help elevate d situation of tinx in our country,u deserve to b dragged around town by d balls...

1 Like

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 06, 2018
Goddyss:

Wisdom is apparently lacking in you. A wise man understands that different region on earth has their cultures and worldviews. Why forcing me and others to behave like Americans? Are u maad? If e pain you, renounce your citizenship and go to US.

Fake things always claiming they know when they dont

Is this sarcasm?

any sane human will see that the cover is plainly sexist.

Well, most Nigerian males are sexist and misogynistic so it'll amount to a waste of time trying to talk sense into you.

4 Likes

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 06, 2018
Headlesschicken:
undecided I wonder what they now teach in schools,how can dix sh!t help elevate d situation of tinx in our country,u deserve to b dragged around town by d balls...

Weytin concern me with things in your country?

I'm only in Nigeria for a while.. will leave in October
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by highqueen(f): 7:10pm On Aug 06, 2018
undecided

1 Like

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Goddyss(m): 7:11pm On Aug 06, 2018
Elder001:

Is this sarcasm?

any sane human will see that the cover is plainly sexist.

Well, most Nigerian males are sexist and misogynistic so it'll amount to a waste of time trying to talk sense into you.
When only one person is claiming sane and seeing other million persons as insane, then such person must be truly insane. He must be suffering from psychological disorder

1 Like

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Goddyss(m): 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2018
Elder001:

Weytin concern me with things in your country?

I'm only in Nigeria for a while.. will leave in October

Don't ever come back unless you are a stinking coward.

Go and enjoy the dirty Womanliness of western ladies since that's what you enjoy most...that's if you are not a gay
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 06, 2018
Goddyss:

When only one person is claiming sane and seeing other million persons as insane, then such person must be truly insane. He must be suffering from psychological disorder

If you can't see the sexism behind that cover then I have no business with you.

For you to even defend the sexist brand it's clear the kind of person you are.
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 06, 2018
Goddyss:

Don't ever come back unless you are a stinking coward.

Go and enjoy the dirty Womanliness of western ladies since that's what you enjoy most...that's if you are not a gay

Later you'll be the one to shout racism at first..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by makydebbie(f): 7:20pm On Aug 06, 2018
I thought there are better things to worry about in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by tintingz(m): 7:21pm On Aug 06, 2018
Elder001:

Exactly.. any straight individual would know that the cover is sexist.

Which is with Maggi every woman is a star? are women the only ones who make use of Maggi?
I think the adverts is mostly targeting the female folks, since African women belong to the kitchen and in the other room. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by OneCorner: 7:22pm On Aug 06, 2018
True talk

I support you elder chidebere

Sexism, just like racism and tribalism should be fought against
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 06, 2018
tintingz:
I think the adverts is mostly targeting the female folks, since African women belong to the kitchen and in the other room. grin

I find this comment very offensive.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Nairalander Gets World Most Expensive Wine / Where Do You Buy Snails In London? / Narrate How A Tough Meat Has Embarrassed You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.