Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed (6063 Views)

MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval / Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show / Seven DANGER You Must Know About Maggi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 06, 2018
omohz:

and you an adult without brain behaving like a kindergarten kid, that's why you were even called a kiddo .fool

all these insults because I said women should boycott Maggi over it's sexist cover?
I don't know why men are taking this thread personal, this thread is directed at women not men.

It is clear that most Nigerian men don't feel safe when they hear matters related to sexism and feminism.

Well, I'll just endeavor to ignore you.

Holiday will be over soon and nairaland will be free from kids.

2 Likes

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by realmindz: 9:10pm On Aug 06, 2018
Elder001:

Christianity, Islam and Hinduism.. even other traditional religions don't mean well for women.

I still wonder why the Catholic Church hasn't produced a female pope? because they're all sexist bastards.

Lol, and Jesus the defender of the galaxy is a man.

Little credit was given to women I'm the Bible, in fact women were object of ridicule except some very few occasions like Ruth who submitted to her husband till death, Esther who married a king to become useful lol. grin. The rest were traitors, cowards, Jezebels, and the disobedient lots wife whose name we never knew who turned to pillar of salt..

Even Abrahams wife was unbelieving for doubting she would conceive
Isaac's wife was a traitor who deceived her husband to bless a wrong person and so on and so on
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 06, 2018
realmindz:

Lol, and Jesus the defender of the galaxy is a man.

Little credit was given to women I'm the Bible, in fact women were object of ridicule except some very few occasions like Ruth who submitted to her husband till death, Esther who married a king to become useful lol. grin. The rest were traitors, cowards, Jezebels, and the disobedient lots wife whose name we never knew who turned to pillar of salt..

Even Abrahams wife was unbelieving for doubting she would conceive
Isaac's wife was a traitor who deceived her husband to bless a wrong person and so on and so on

It's only dumb people that believe the Bible was actually from God.

There's no way a God will create two things and favour one over the other. The Bible was clearly made up by sexist and misogynistic men to glorify themselves.

I pity women who quote bible as a means of justifying nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
Elder001:

all these insults because I said women should boycott Maggi over it's sexist cover?
I don't know why men are taking this thread personal, this thread is directed at women not men.

It is clear that most Nigerian men don't feel safe when they hear matters related to sexism and feminism.

Well, I'll just endeavor to ignore you.

Holiday will be over soon and nairaland will be free from kids.

like seriously are you an adult with this kinda brain, wow if this is how adult are I'll prefer to remain a kid than to be an adult like you , the Maggi your calling for a boycott has been there even before your parent gave birth to you ,but it's a pity because they gave birth to you prematurely that's why you have this baby brain, 50 Naira gold circle would have prevented all this nonsense from happening.
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Babyforever(f): 9:44pm On Aug 06, 2018
omohz:

like seriously are you an adult with this kinda brain, wow if this is how adult are I'll prefer to remain a kid than to be an adult like you , the Maggi your calling for a boycott has been there even before your parent gave birth to you ,but it's a pity because they gave birth to you prematurely that's why you have this baby brain, 50 Naira gold circle would have prevented all this nonsense from happening.
Don't waste your time on that young man he's currently squatting in the house of his sugar mummy's in delta state a commissioner's daughter he's jobless as of now
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by BecaciaBarbie(f): 9:45pm On Aug 06, 2018
Elder001:

Rotfl... do you know how many brands changed their logos this year alone in the US because the logos were tagged sexist?

ignorance is bad... the fact that sexist and misogynistic brands don't get sued in Africa shouldn't call for joy.
But you can also buy Maggi in the U.S and in Europe....so why haven't they sued them yet?
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by gcof(m): 10:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
Did that stop the men from cooking or has anyone refused to cook because Maggi said every woman is a star? For those citing the US, please know that US is US and Africa especially Nigeria is Nigeria and the utmost need of an average Nigerian is to get food in his table
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 06, 2018
BecaciaBarbie:

But you can also buy Maggi in the U.S and in Europe....so why haven't they sued them yet?

Lol... they don't use that advert in the US.

1 Like

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by ebig21(m): 10:50pm On Aug 06, 2018
The USA you are using as case study, have they ever had a female president.

1 Like

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by foolbuster: 12:00am On Aug 07, 2018
Elder001:
[s]Sexism:Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed
With Maggi - every woman is a star. (THIS IS MAGGI'S COVER TEXT /ADVERT)

Despite all attempts to erase sexism from every part of the world, some people are still bent on clinging to or promoting their archaic & sexist ideologies.
Maggi's cover text is absolutely a sexist one and I believe the producers of Maggi seasoning know so.
WHAT DO THEY MEAN BY WITH MAGGI EVERY WOMAN IS A STAR?
they're simply reemphasing the belief that only women should cook, cooking is meant for women only if not the cover advert should've been WITH MAGGI EVERYBODY IS A STAR.
it should be gender neutral. If you must tag WOMEN then tag men also, or else they're simply a sexist and useless brand.
Maggi cannot try this nonsense in civilized countries like the US else they get their sexist ass sued for a couple of $$$.

I'm calling on women to boycott Maggi until they change /remove that sexist advert-cover.

LETS SAY NO TO SEXISM, PATRIARCHY AND MISOGYNISM[/s]!

Oh just shut it!!
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nebes: 12:23am On Aug 07, 2018
Elder001:
Sexism:Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed

Despite all attempts to erase sexism from every part of the world, some people are still bent on clinging to or promoting their archaic & sexist ideologies.
Maggi's cover text is absolutely a sexist one and I believe the producers of Maggi seasoning know so.
they're simply reemphasing the belief that only women should cook, cooking is meant for women only if not the cover advert should've been WITH MAGGI EVERYBODY IS A STAR.
it should be gender neutral. If you must tag WOMEN then tag men also, or else they're simply a sexist and useless brand.
Maggi cannot try this nonsense in civilized countries like the US else they get their sexist ass sued for a couple of $$$.

I'm calling on women to boycott Maggi until they change /remove that sexist advert-cover.

LETS SAY NO TO SEXISM, PATRIARCHY AND MISOGYNISM!

This is my view. Men should be the ones revolting against this advert. A lot of men use Maggi too. Why should only women become stars with their use of the product?

This is marginalisation against the male folk. We should be labelled stars too as we use Maggi. Till they change their slogan, all men should boycott Maggi.

2 Likes

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by GeniusDavid(m): 12:40am On Aug 07, 2018
Elder001:

First of all, I don't ask for money from men.

Secondly, I'm a man.

I'm not the cause of your frustration in life.

I'm not surprised a Misogynistic pig is angry at my thread.

Beta male with no sex life hoping being a feminist brings him closer to girls throwing the word "Misogynistic" around without context? Can't say I am surprised.
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by uchennamani(m): 5:40am On Aug 07, 2018
Elder001:

Anu
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Demogorgon(m): 7:51am On Aug 07, 2018
Although i don't do this but op ehn, you're such an id.iot... So this is your problem? I won't be suprised if you're such a low-life in reality hiding behind a keyboard looking for cheap popularity. Go get a life kid.
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 07, 2018
GeniusDavid:

Beta male with no sex life hoping being a feminist brings him closer to girls throwing the word "Misogynistic" around without context? Can't say I am surprised.

Your stupidity ehn..

Brings me closer to which girls? how many Nigerian girls even know if there's something called feminism?

I don't know why misogynists are saying bullshît on this thread, I directed my post at women not men.

PS, I'm married.

1 Like

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 07, 2018
Demogorgon:
Although i don't do this but op ehn, you're such an id.iot... So this is your problem? I won't be suprised if you're such a low-life in reality hiding behind a keyboard looking for cheap popularity. Go get a life kid.

Are you a woman? why are you as a man angry with my post?

All these anonymity that nairaland has bestowed on you people now allow you guys to login and start typing all sorts of nonsense.
Even kids that can't fend for themselves will be on nairaland 24/7 looking for people to insult.

I don't blame you boy, I blame seun for making this forum too anonymous to an extent.

1 Like

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 07, 2018
Nebes:

This is my view. Men should be the ones revolting against this advert. A lot of men use Maggi too. Why should only women become stars with their use of the product?

This is marginalisation against the male folk. We should be labelled stars too as we use Maggi. Till they change their slogan, all men should boycott Maggi.

Sensible..

1 Like

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Demogorgon(m): 9:25am On Aug 07, 2018
Elder001:

All these anonymity that nairaland has bestowed on you people now allow you guys to login and start typing all sorts of nonsense.
Even kids that can't fend for themselves will be on nairaland 24/7 looking for people to insult.

I don't blame you boy, I blame seun for making this forum too anonymous to an extent.
Don't mention me again. Bye
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by newjosboy: 9:58am On Aug 07, 2018
Elder001:

You don't cook??

No ne oy Maggi dwy markwt na? There's Royco, Mr. Chef, Onga cubes.
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by marvinsync(m): 12:08pm On Aug 07, 2018
Elder001:

I find this comment very offensive.

r u straight?
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by marvinsync(m): 12:24pm On Aug 07, 2018
Elder001:

OP I feel like ur making noise over ntn
there are much more important things to think about now
the truth is Nigeria and Africa in general is not ready to accept the whole women equality thing because the truth is in our society women aren't equal to men and even a lot of women think and act so too
because of culture and religion a lot of people think so too

and Ps stop all this activist sh!t
I myself don't like women oppression but the way u coming out to speak even with ur signature is kinda offensive,
and understand something what works in America does not work here ,
this is not America stop comparing us to them,
we have our own belief system
there is no right and wrong, homosexuality and transgenderism is okay there but not here and hopefully never will be

so please go and rest ,
come back in 100 years time
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by GeniusDavid(m): 5:04pm On Aug 07, 2018
Elder001:

Your stupidity ehn..

Brings me closer to which girls? how many Nigerian girls even know if there's something called feminism?

I don't know why misogynists are saying bullshît on this thread, I directed my post at women not men.

PS, I'm married.

I want to insult you but it'd be a waste of time so let me compartmentalize my thoughts.

1). You are a beta male.
2). You have no idea what Feminism is all about
3). You are your wife's bitch.
4). My condolence to your wife for picking a soy like you.
5). You learnt the word "Misogynist" recently.
6). You sound like a sex offender with latent homosexual feelings.

1 Like

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by marvinsync(m): 8:02pm On Aug 07, 2018
GeniusDavid:

I want to insult you but it'd be a waste of time so let me compartmentalize my thoughts.

1). You are a beta male.

iono why but u made me so happy

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by marvinsync(m): 8:10pm On Aug 07, 2018
Elder001:

It's only dumb people that believe the Bible was actually from God.

There's no way a God will create two things and favour one over the other. The Bible was clearly made up by sexist and misogynistic men to glorify themselves.

I pity women who quote bible as a means of justifying nonsense.

so now ur God?
u can comprehend God's mind?

and please define nonsense
and pity
and sexist
and men
and dumb
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 07, 2018
GeniusDavid:

1). You are a beta male.

Lol... Kid want to teach me what is feminism.

I've no idea what feminism is about but I've organized more than 4 female empowerment seminars in delta state of Nigeria between 2013-2016.

Nigerian women have stood up in my seminars and insulted me openly saying they're not equal to men and will continue to be submissive -something I classify as Stockhomsyndrome. The inability to free yourself from your tormentors (men).

If I'm a bitch then what is your father? I respect my wife and treat her just like a woman should be treated. I see as a co-head and not as a subservient unlike typical African misogynist pigs who see their wives as subservient fellows.

Off course, Nigerian men have a record of accusing feminists and people who support the ideology of being lesbians and Gays.

And once again, I don't want you to wallow in ignorance therefore I'll talk sense into your dumb head.

Most Nigerian ladies don't know if there's something called feminism in existence , the few that know are less than 8% of the Nigerian female population. The few that know, many of them don't support feminism because they depend on men for survival hence they can't stop being slaves to men.

Consider yourself lucky that I honoured your dumb self with a response.

1 Like

Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by freddoc: 10:39pm On Aug 07, 2018
The writer of this post is very sexist. In instigating that all women should quit using maggi.
Since as he claims everyone is a star, then men should be the more offended. Maggi is limiting men's potential to be stars.
Well the truth remains that the female folk for now remain the largest users of maggi by far. Any wise company would key into that in advertising. It is business it isn't personal.
Lesson; as long as nairaland remains, people go find fault.
Or maybe the guy is just calling for attention. It that, he made it big.
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by freddoc: 10:48pm On Aug 07, 2018
Elder001:

Guy chill, when you post on social media expect reation. Not everyone most go with your way of thinking.
Nairaland has created a platform where you can express yourself to millions but you don't want them to respond? Guy be democratic
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 07, 2018
freddoc:
The writer of this post is very sexist. In instigating that all women should quit using maggi.
Since as he claims everyone is a star, then men should be the more offended. Maggi is limiting men's potential to be stars.
Well the truth remains that the female folk for now remain the largest users of maggi by far. Any wise company would key into that in advertising. It is business it isn't personal.
Lesson; as long as nairaland remains, people go find fault.
Or maybe the guy is just calling for attention. It that, he made it big.

Attention from who?

When people type this stuff I find it very funny. which people am I seeking attention from? faceless nairalanders or which people exactly?

Secondly, is your attention going to feed me?
Business indeed.. if only they can use this same advert in the US only then will they show if they mean business.
Re: Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed by freddoc: 9:16am On Aug 08, 2018
Elder001:

Attention from who?

When people type this stuff I find it very funny. which people am I seeking attention from? faceless nairalanders or which people exactly?

Secondly, is your attention going to feed me?
Business indeed.. if only they can use this same advert in the US only then will they show if they mean business.
If you are not seeking attention why did you write this. Even in the USA ad agencies advertise to reach their bigger buying demographic. Eg a product used mainly by blacks would create ads that reach the black community. A product used mainly by women would not advertise using men. I would like to depict women using make up in my ad even though some men make up. It's all about reaching your audience

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hw Much Is A Bag Of Garri, Beans, Semo, Elubo, Rice & Veg Oil(25kg) In 9ja Now? / Madagascar Vanillabean Paste, Vanilla Extract And Vanilla Beans Available / Teach Me How To Prepare Okpa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.