Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice (25862 Views)

Joro Olumofin: 20 Things A Guy Shouldn't Do Or Ask When He Meets A Lady / "Your Boyfriend Deserves To Know Your Body Count" - Joro Olumofin To Ladies / Joro Olumofin: Things Ladies Shouldn’t Do, When They Meet A New Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 06, 2018
Seal33:

Let's not stop at calling him out here alone, let's all mobilize & send a petition to Twitter & any other social media platform he is to ban him from spreading damaging & perverted relationship advice to people. We the people have the power to do this. Joro Olumofin must be stopped so that real and genuine relationship counselors can be given chance to advice people in a decent way.
Only dumbos take that fool seriously. Those who listen to him without using their God given thinking faculties do so at their own peril.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by osuofia2(m): 9:42pm On Aug 06, 2018
Seal33:
I was really shocked to read an advice on Nairaland front page by one Joro Olumofin who calls himself a relationship counsellor where he advised women to have back up boyfriends in case of disappointment by their boyfriends. But in the first place who even gave this guy the appellation of a relationship doctor?

Is this the type of person Nigerians who want genuine & lasting relationships should listen to? This guy called Joro is simply evil and a scam & anybody who listens to him will have themselves to blame. He is fond of giving wrong & evil relationship advice, yet people go to his social media handle to copy the trash advice he gives, even when there are better and godly relationship counsellors in Nigeria whose advice should be taken instead of this scam artist called Joro Olumofin.

And I wonder why Nairaland Moderators will keep pushing topics of this type of negative relationship advice by fake relationship counselors like Joro to the front page. It's surprising.

Women u will have yourself to blame if u follow this guy & his plan with men for u to have 2 or 3 boyfriends & turn to olosho/prostitute ur body for men just because ure looking for marriage. Will Joro advise his sisters to do so?

Don't think by having 2 or 3 boyfriends, it will make it easier for u to get a partner. That's a lie from d pit of hell. The same men u think u are just friends with & keeping them as just friends will one day plot & find a way to ur heart because we women are fragile in heart & can easily be manipulated by men, & sooner or later u might end up with sleeping with them. & u now become public property sharing urself to different men. By the time u want to settle down for marriage all those men will tell each other they have slept with u & will spoil ur name even those ure just friends with will still claim they slept wit u because men have ego & like to feel they've conquered a woman even when it's not so.

If u follow Joro's advice u will only end up with heart break & heart attack with time & later in life. Mark my word. We should call this evil guy Joro Olumofin out before he spoils ur daughters & our daughters & before he damages relationships & causes heartbreaks.

This guy is never a relationship counselor, he is simply fake & evil. Pls don't listen to him.

And for bloggers that constantly go to this guy's page to copy & distribute these trash relationship advice, u're not doing people any good u're only helping to ruin more relationships & mind u as u continue to share these evil advice all over the country it will come back to haunt u in future in one way or the other.

Pls share your views, let's hear from u.

Moderators pls kindly move to the front page asap!

See the mumu face like thief. Stupid joro

1 Like

Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 06, 2018
vuc1:
My ex had a backup boyfriend that I never knew. We had a minor issue then, next thing she jumped over to the guy after he brainwashed her.Now she has a baby boy for the guy, no marriage, no career and now everything is falling apart for her.She told me the other day how sorry & regretful she was & wish she never made that mistake. I feel for her though but then I remembered karma is Biatch cheesy
grin grin grin na so you go dey laugh now. I am very sure..
Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 06, 2018
Seal33:

Let's not stop at calling him out here alone, let's all mobilize & send a petition to Twitter & any other social media platform he is to ban him from spreading damaging & perverted relationship advice to people. We the people have the power to do this. Joro Olumofin must be stopped so that real and genuine relationship counselors can be given chance to advice people in a decent way.

Relax madame, It's beginning to seem like you have a personal agenda against the Joro Guy. It is also good to note that there is no perfect relationship counselors, they would just tell you their perception of things.

2 Likes

Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 06, 2018
That Ojoro's counsel is actually meant for ladies whose biological clock is ticking. Not for those ones who have the time to do trial and errors. It's about keeping your options open since you can't really tell what goes on in the minds of men these days. You have a choice to either take his counsel, or reject it- he didn't point a gun to your head. Most of the guys supporting you on this thread can't even boasts of keeping one partner, so what are we talking about? And why do I think op is a guy hiding behind a female moniker to diss Ojoro?

4 Likes

Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by Ngokafor(f): 9:47pm On Aug 06, 2018
This thread is so scanty embarassed..looks like lots of people do not agree with op's 'outcry' lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by Seal33: 9:54pm On Aug 06, 2018
cruchenutii:

Relax madame, It's beginning to seem like you have a personal agenda against the Joro Guy. It is also good to note that there is no perfect relationship counselors, they would just tell you their perception of things.

No sir, I don't hav any personal agenda against Joro. I don't know him & hav never met him b4, i just happen to have come across a lot of his strange, wrong & perverted relationship advice online over a long period of time & when i stumbled on this one today on Nairaland front page, i felt I should voice out & draw people's attention to his wrong advice which can lead people astray
Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by Elliot2(m): 9:55pm On Aug 06, 2018
look,joro is right! a gud percent of guys in relationships know that they will not marry their partners,never! so,why don't such guys say it from the onset that they want an open relationship? truth is, they r scums!

2 Likes

Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by Seal33: 9:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
dumo1:

Only dumbos take that fool seriously. Those who listen to him without using their God given thinking faculties do so at their own peril.

Correct

1 Like

Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by chronique(m): 9:59pm On Aug 06, 2018
QuietHammer:

It seems you suffer cognitive dissonance. Read the said article again, but this time, slowly. He explicitly stated that the girls who keep these 'backup boyfriends' shouldn't be involved with them sexually, that yhe relationship should be platonic but these guys should be men they can eventually marry in case their current relationships go south.
Not that I support his opinion but I won't just watch you mislead people to believing he said what he clearly didn't just because you couldn't comprehend what he said.
Bye

how very easy is it to keep platonic relationships with these men and guarantee yourself that nothing will happen? along the line,feelings would start to evolve,a little flirting here and there,couple of outings,one lone moment alone at home and boom,sex is happening. it's not as easy as you make it sound.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by Seal33: 10:02pm On Aug 06, 2018
sanpipita:

Isn't about being sincere or not, but advising people to see relationship as a game and brazenly keep many partners is wrong, if he is talking about open relationship I will understand but his advice is wrong and unhealthy.

That's it, his advice is really unhealthy & might even end up causing more heart breaks & depression for us women. For those who follow his funny advice
Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by Elliot2(m): 10:04pm On Aug 06, 2018
U can insult joro as much as u want,but some of u r products of contigency. just a five minute confession time with your parents will avail u d truth. it is not a new thing!

3 Likes

Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by missimelda01(f): 10:04pm On Aug 06, 2018
Dear ladies, you don't need any man to feel fulfilled and it's also not a crime to be inlove. There's obviously nothing like a perfect relationship but it's very possible to find a partner who is ready to learn from their previous mistakes and make things right in the future. I know it's not easy but sharing your body up and down all in the name of plan B isn't a better option.
Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by vuc1(m): 10:05pm On Aug 06, 2018
dumo1:
grin grin grin na so you go dey laugh now. I am very sure..
I dey tell you brother. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by malificent(f): 10:06pm On Aug 06, 2018
Males are so bitter about this why? Some are even of the mindset that joro talks too much, Just because of this article. See una life, if it's the other way round you guys will Hail and even dash him money. Joro or no joro anybody that has sense should know and do what's right. Leave the poor guy alone Abeg.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by Odunharry(m): 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2018
InvertedHammer:
/
Advice ke?

Online? From Nigerians?

grin grin grin

Linda Ikeji, Tonto Dike, Toke Makinwa give some advice
to ladies everyday online. Remarkably, they always end up doing the opposite of everything they advised these young girls.

Nigerians and hypocrisy are inseparable. They should come with warning labels. Adhere at your own peril.

/
Lmao. Nigerians, we are funny honestly.
There are some things that doesn't even need to be spelt out. This is the computer age that claims to be highly sophisticated yet majority dont think.
Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by chronique(m): 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2018
Seal33:

That's it, his advice is really unhealthy & might even end up causing more heart breaks & depression for us women. For those who follow his funny advice

someone like me that my body knows how to give signal when a lady is about misbehaving,wouldn't hesitate to exit a relationship once i see someone has a plan b somewhere. and if i want to punish the person,i could just decide to keep her as a sex tool till i'm ready to move on.
Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by victorian(f): 10:12pm On Aug 06, 2018
coleon:

While I share a bit of your thoughts, I want u to know that there are no clear cut rules to life and as a matter of fact life has never been fair to anyone. A good girl with just a boyfriend might keep getting jilted and may not be married till 36 years while an olosho with numerous boyfriends may marry one of his boyfriends at 25. My point is keeping just a boyfriend or having two or more does not guarantee anything but gods grace.

Don't mind her, in reality. Ladies who have different boyfriends, end up marrying one of them early sef. Way back in school, all my mates that were fucking different guys even lesbians tendecies got married and had kids earlier than we wey be one woman one man kind of girls.
The ones who are doing faithful and loyal upandan ends up been jilted after many years of staying loyal. Some even few days to wedding the guy may even call it off! Some few days after a loud engagement. Abeggi.

It's all by God's grace and wisdom jare.
There is no clear cut rule to getting married. It simply happens.
I bet she should be in her early 20s, like 21 or 22.

When she clocks 36 with two wonderful heartwreching heartbreaks in her life history cheesy
Her brain go reset well! cheesy

She will start calling men scums of the earth cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

I no fit laugh Biko.. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by bukatyne(f): 10:17pm On Aug 06, 2018
Seal33:
I was really shocked to read an advice on Nairaland front page by one Joro Olumofin who calls himself a relationship counsellor where he advised women to have back up boyfriends in case of disappointment by their boyfriends. But in the first place who even gave this guy the appellation of a relationship doctor?

Is this the type of person Nigerians who want genuine & lasting relationships should listen to? This guy called Joro is simply evil and a scam & anybody who listens to him will have themselves to blame. He is fond of giving wrong & evil relationship advice, yet people go to his social media handle to copy the trash advice he gives, even when there are better and godly relationship counsellors in Nigeria whose advice should be taken instead of this scam artist called Joro Olumofin.

And I wonder why Nairaland Moderators will keep pushing topics of this type of negative relationship advice by fake relationship counselors like Joro to the front page. It's surprising.

Women u will have yourself to blame if u follow this guy & his plan with men for u to have 2 or 3 boyfriends & turn to olosho/prostitute ur body for men just because ure looking for marriage. Will Joro advise his sisters to do so?

Don't think by having 2 or 3 boyfriends, it will make it easier for u to get a partner. That's a lie from d pit of hell. The same men u think u are just friends with & keeping them as just friends will one day plot & find a way to ur heart because we women are fragile in heart & can easily be manipulated by men, & sooner or later u might end up with sleeping with them. & u now become public property sharing urself to different men. By the time u want to settle down for marriage all those men will tell each other they have slept with u & will spoil ur name even those ure just friends with will still claim they slept wit u because men have ego & like to feel they've conquered a woman even when it's not so.

If u follow Joro's advice u will only end up with heart break & heart attack with time & later in life. Mark my word. We should call this evil guy Joro Olumofin out before he spoils ur daughters & our daughters & before he damages relationships & causes heartbreaks.

This guy is never a relationship counselor, he is simply fake & evil. Pls don't listen to him.

And for bloggers that constantly go to this guy's page to copy & distribute these trash relationship advice, u're not doing people any good u're only helping to ruin more relationships & mind u as u continue to share these evil advice all over the country it will come back to haunt u in future in one way or the other.

Pls share your views, let's hear from u.

Moderators pls kindly move to the front page asap!

When I saw this topic, I laughed that a guy interestingly thinks Joro is evil because he said ladies should keep their options open.

Imagine my surprise when I realised you are female (Your moniker says so).

Now, I am not a fan of Joro, however, he has made several posts in the past that a lot of guys agree with and suddenly because he told women to keep their options open, he is suddenly evil.

Personally, I do not subscribe to his school of thought and that is because I do not believe in 'Nigeria's' version of marriage or relationship. In this same post you brought here, same Joro advised ladies to keep their options open because guys do so too.

And to be honest, Joro's only crime in this post is to voice out what millions of young Nigerians do.

Have you ever wondered how a guy breaks up his engagement and two months later he is married ditto a girl? I know guys asking girls out months to their wedding. I know ladies who til they are married are seemingly juggling men so they don't lose.

It is not new so let's free Joro, he is not saying anything strange.

4 Likes

Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by gurutobiano: 10:18pm On Aug 06, 2018
I strongly believe that everybody is entitled to their opinion, he would definitely have the audience of who wants be promiscuous, SENSE IS A REAR COMMODITY
Believe in what you think is best for you.
Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 06, 2018
Seal33:

How would his advice cause you heartbreak and depression? Let me guess; you felt threatened reading his post since that's how the average guy would feel and that you're a guy, not a lady, I perfectly understand your rants, but it's cowardice using a female moniker, and then quoting him out of context. grin

A simple reversed psychology gives you up sef! You don't need the embolden if you were a lady, you want them to think you are one. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by bukatyne(f): 10:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
chronique:

someone like me that my body knows how to give signal when a lady is about misbehaving,wouldn't hesitate to exit a relationship once i see someone has a plan b somewhere. and if i want to punish the person,i could just decide to keep her as a sex tool till i'm ready to move on.

@Bold:

Isn't ironic you think you have the moral right to punish someone you are fornicating with? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by itsmeurLady(f): 10:21pm On Aug 06, 2018
OP I think you took it out of context. To an extent, he was wrong to use the term, back up boyfriends but I think he was referring to male friends. It happens to us sometimes, we get too carried away with our partners that we forget to make friends, both male and female, the good girls are guilty of this. When their partner misbehaves, it's as though their entire world should crash because they build their entire life around such person. So I think he was suggesting you make male friends but draw the line, let your male friends know you are in a serious relationship and build your friendship from there. Yes we have had cases where the guy will be forming shoulder to cry on but u as a lady, u should be smart enough to identify those signs and retreat. If you retreat, you won't tell me he will come to your house and force you to sleep with him, would he? Emotional blackmail happens to those that allows themselves to be blackmailed.

I personally do not advise ladies to double date because truth is, no sane man will leave a faithful woman for anything. Guys know when u are 100percent down for them and they know when u are 50 percent as well. So the best thing is to give your best in a relationship, if the relationship fails, it should not be your fault. Men Respect Loyalty, they hardly compromise for it except the daft ones.

I support his claims although he was wrong to have used the word back up boyfriend grin

1 Like

Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by sanpipita(m): 10:23pm On Aug 06, 2018
kimbraa:
How would his advice cause you heartbreak and depression? Let me guess; you felt threatened reading his post since that's how the average guy would feel and that you're a guy, not a lady, I perfectly understand your rants, but it's cowardice using a female moniker, and then quoting him out of context. grin

A simple reversed psychology gives you up sef! You don't need the embolden if you were a lady, you want them to think you are one. grin

Are you really supporting having contingency plans for a relationship thing? which ever context you see is wrong, I'm a guy I could be most uncommitted person yet but I know my limits, joro's advice is wrong, unless we are saying its okay to keep relationships without full commitments cos tomorrow you will hear married people can keep contingency plans too, having your heart at two places will even more destroy you.
Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by Toks2008(m): 10:24pm On Aug 06, 2018
Seal33:

Abi ooh, should this type of senseless advice be given by a supposed relationship counselor? He is simply fake to say the least & i pity those following this guy's advice

When I give my own advise una go abuse me now una don see the one wey pass una

Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by chronique(m): 10:27pm On Aug 06, 2018
bukatyne:

@Bold:

Isn't ironic you think you have the moral right to punish someone you are fornicating with? undecided

can't remember this being about religious beliefs.
Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by Seal33: 10:30pm On Aug 06, 2018
sanpipita:

Are you really supporting having contingency plans for a relationship thing? which ever context you see is wrong, I'm a guy I could be most uncommitted person yet but I know my limits, joro's advice is wrong, unless we are saying its okay to keep relationships without full commitments cos tomorrow you will hear married people can keep contingency plans too, having your heart at two places will even more destroy you.

Pls tell her oo, I'm surprised a woman is saying such, would she encourage her own sisters to keep 2 or 3 boyfriends? And for saying I'm a man, that's simply weird of her, that's simply wrong of her to think so. She's trying to twist the truth upside down & trying to find faults where there are simply none, mtchew
Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by babyfaceafrica: 10:31pm On Aug 06, 2018
itsmeurLady:
OP I think you took it out of context. To an extent, he was wrong to use the term, back up boyfriends but I think he was referring to male friends. It happens to us sometimes, we get too carried away with our partners that we forget to make friends, both male and female, the good girls are guilty of this. When their partner misbehaves, it's as though their entire world should crash because they build their entire life around such person. So I think he was suggesting you make male friends but draw the line, let your male friends know you are in a serious relationship and build your friendship from there. Yes we have had cases where the guy will be forming shoulder to cry on but u as a lady, u should be smart enough to identify those signs and retreat. If you retreat, you won't tell me he will come to your house and force you to sleep with him, would he? Emotional blackmail happens to those that allows themselves to be blackmailed.

I personally do not advise ladies to double date because truth is, no sane man will leave a faithful woman for anything. Guys know when u are 100percent down for them and they know when u are 50 percent as well. So the best thing is to give your best in a relationship, if the relationship fails, it should not be your fault. Men Respect Loyalty, they hardly compromise for it except the daft ones.

I support his claims although he was wrong to have used the word back up boyfriend grin
lolz....male friends that you can cry on their shoulders.. he he he?.. so a lady cannot cry on a ladies shoulder?.... joro is a blogger who thrives on controversial topic.. reasonable people will not take relationship advice from a blogger who is single.. the guy is scum....if one is in a relationship.. be there fully.. if it works out fine..if not.. you move on.....having backups or power banks.. is a no for me..what is worth doing at all is worth doing well!

2 Likes

Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by sanpipita(m): 10:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
Seal33:

Pls tell her oo, I'm surprised a woman is saying such, would she encourage her own sisters to keep 2 or 3 boyfriends? And for saying I'm a man, that's simply weird of her, that's simply wrong of her to think so. She's trying to twist the truth upside down & trying to find faults where there are simply none, mtchew

Lol seems most are cool with multiple partners but let's not hide under contingency plan to do it, I can't even wrap my head around that, its even better for me to cheat than to be deceiving myself with so called contingency plan
Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 06, 2018
Una never hear say plan B dey fail. Why enter a relationship with a failure expectation. You will definitely not put in your best.
Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by Seal33: 10:41pm On Aug 06, 2018
kimbraa:

Well u are wrong 4ur information, & ur guess is wrong too.

Did u say d average guy? Are u in the mind of an average guy? This statement by claiming u know what an average guy thinks even gives u away as probably a guy. So u see ur self?? So first remove the log from ur own eyes b4 looking for the sand in an innocent person's face, lol!
Re: Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice by sanpipita(m): 10:41pm On Aug 06, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
lolz....male friends that you can cry on their shoulders.. he he he?.. so a lady cannot cry on a ladies shoulder?.... joro is a blogger who thrives on controversial topic.. reasonable people will not take relationship advice from a blogger who is single.. the guy is scum....if one is in a relationship.. be there fully.. if it works out fine..if not.. you move on.....having backups or power banks.. is a no for me..what is worth doing at all is worth doing well!

Its scary some people are finding context into this, relationship is now a game you go in with back up plan, I'm tired

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? / My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married / Do You Know A Playboy? For The Sake Of Sisters Put Down His Name Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.