Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,838 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. (84126 Views)

Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic / Corpers Taking Selfie At Taraba River Before Drowning (Photos) / Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by apeiron24(m): 12:38am On Aug 07, 2018
so sad
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 07, 2018
PrettyCrystal:
It was reported that seven members of the National Youth Service Corps drowned in a river southeast of Taraba State, with two others feared dead, according to police reports.. Pictured is the moment three of the corps members at the riverside picnic before the mishap. 

The corps members were on a swimming expedition in River Mayo-Selbe, a major tributary of the Benue River, when a water surge from a nearby mountain collapsed on them and swept them into the massive river.

The incident occurred in Gashaka Local Government Area, where all the corps members affected were posted to serve.

It was reported that the corps members were initially blown away by the heavy gush, but five of them were rescued before it was too late.

Seven bodies, comprising two females and five males, were recovered between Saturday and Sunday. Search and rescue efforts are still underway for the remaining two as at Monday morning, but the police feared they were already dead.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/08/picture-of-3-corpers-at-the-riverside-picnic-before-drowning-moments-later.html

Swimming in streams or river is very risky n must be avoided
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by davillian(m): 12:59am On Aug 07, 2018
I don't know if I'm being stone hearted but you have control of your actions but you have no control of the consequences of your actions.
If you don't know how to swim don't go to a river.
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by blackgold2018(m): 1:02am On Aug 07, 2018
wiseone28:
That's the price when you think you are on top of the world because you're a Corper
yEvil mind
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by ameh99: 1:22am On Aug 07, 2018
i always tell people'' if cant swim stay away from water....

R.I.P
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by Mafulul(m): 1:23am On Aug 07, 2018
Agadsman:
I don't know how to swim and there's no amount of temptations or teasing that will make me jump into any form of water body just to clear some points, to impress people or to feed my ego until I learn how to swim.

Rest in peace!
Best swimmers are usually wary of strange waters. To be on the safe side, avoid the temptation to swim in water bodies in a town that you are a stranger to even if you can swim.
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by lamlek22: 1:37am On Aug 07, 2018
tuslakoncept:
All these cursed rivers, maybe strangers aren't allowed there. Africa sef.
Some African rivers are predatory. Imagine a sudden surge of water from the mountain!

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by Nobody: 2:33am On Aug 07, 2018
Agadsman:
I don't know how to swim and there's no amount of temptations or teasing that will make me jump into any form of water body just to clear some points, to impress people or to feed my ego until I learn how to swim.

Rest in peace!

people like you're reasons why Africa will never grow. we are too afraid to explore. just because we don't wanna die. but that's certain.

if Christopher Columbus never attempted at exploring new world, he may never discover america.

go out and explore.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by Wireproductivit(m): 2:50am On Aug 07, 2018
France facebook account for sale
Check my signature
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by notoriousbabe: 2:54am On Aug 07, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
Even if I go beach I prefer riding hourse than to go to the water area. Fear water.. Rip to the dead
see as you spell horse. I shame for your English teacher
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by yazach: 3:33am On Aug 07, 2018
Sharpshooota:
Buhari sef

He's tenure really brought badluck and bloodshed sad

You need a dirty slap from SARS after that, you need two more from Nigeria or Cameron army

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by popsyleo1: 3:44am On Aug 07, 2018
Rip
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by akilo1: 3:46am On Aug 07, 2018
Use your brain Nigerians ,I serve in benue in girls grammar school and was force to take the student for a jogging with 2other corper while I know that I cant run very well like others ,as a warri boy I don't want to fall my hand,after like 2mile when I don tired, I put my phone in my ear and started shouting as if boko Haram don enter my home ,all the student stop ad start showing mercy ,diff prayer group emerge ,na so the running take end and we walk back to the school ,when they take u to water and u nor Sabi to swim then use your brain
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by BOLDSTEP00(m): 4:11am On Aug 07, 2018
They made the greatest mistake by swimming in that river, they surpose to ask question b4 swimming because there are rivers that strangers dont surpose to swim.
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by alenwup(m): 4:15am On Aug 07, 2018
This warning has always been sounded by NYSC in all riverine areas. During my time in Akwa Ibom, we were seriously warned to keep of rivers and beaches but people won't listen, behaving like NYSC is the beginning and end of life. So sad
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by MrErudite(m): 4:18am On Aug 07, 2018
Buhari is a murderer undecided

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by Chinny024(f): 4:28am On Aug 07, 2018
Too excruciating after yrs of hardwork....
That guy is an only son of the family from umunko Enugu State... May God grant them eternal rest..
Village people,I jump and pass..
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by fortune1968: 5:06am On Aug 07, 2018
akeentech:
I don't understand, did they jump into the river at the same time?
You. don't understand anything .
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by fortune1968: 5:07am On Aug 07, 2018
BOLDSTEP00:
They made the greatest mistake by swimming in that river, they surpose to ask question b4 swimming because there are rivers that strangers dont surpose to swim.
You should be less superstitious .
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by Reference(m): 5:51am On Aug 07, 2018
Every year, corpers put themselves in harms way doing things at ill opportuned periods of their lives and pay the ultimate price. When will someone wake up and realise what life is all about.

When you labour so long to develop an asset. If you truly value it you keep it in the straight and narrow. That is why a wise man once said, if you shared the wealth of the world equally amongst all inhabitants, it is just a matter of time before it returns to where it was.

Some will just throw theirs all away....

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by godliman: 6:02am On Aug 07, 2018
who said water has no enemy? I wish they died doing something more meaningful with their lives than picnic, this thing called fun is not far from funeral. sad youths will not learn.
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by kerry57: 6:05am On Aug 07, 2018
May their souls rest in peace. So many years back we buried my eldest bro as a result of drowning from his school. Since then, I automatically developed phobia for water bodies and swimming.
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by mathy2p2: 6:11am On Aug 07, 2018
Just died like that out of ignorant

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 6:20am On Aug 07, 2018
uuzba:

Are you aware that animals in the bush can all swim?
why human can't ?
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by Venici: 6:43am On Aug 07, 2018
Owaincouncil:

Oga, I have phobia for water and I don't go near it at all. That guy with two girls around may not know how to swim but all because he want to tap current, he will encourage them to follow him.
That's not cool bro. You don't make baseless assertions just because you want to feel right. What killed these guys is way beyond their control and only a few expert swimmers may have survived it. It's not cool to blame them for swimming just because you don't like it.
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by lascopes(m): 6:45am On Aug 07, 2018
wiseone28:
That's the price when you think you are on top of the world because you're a Corper

Be like say this person no get secondary school cert. See what you are posting, receive sense in buharis name
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by Senorprinz(m): 6:58am On Aug 07, 2018
Benstatesman:
WHAT A PITY.
AFTER ALL THE HARDSHIP, THEY STILL DIED DURING SERVICE.
I PRAY NYSC WILL COMPENSATE THEM.WHAT A PITY.
I PRAY NYSC WILL COMPENSATE THEM.
WHAT A PITY.
I PRAY NYSC WILL COMPENSATE THEM.

Compensate them with what, their lives are gone and anything anyone does that doesn't bring them back, is useless.
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by gotzy(m): 6:58am On Aug 07, 2018
SUPERPACK:
the first nysc law is to avoid swimming activities during the service year. especially during the raining season.
most times i wonder how you guys reason its just an accident this aint the first call member goes picnicking, so bcuz people has motor accident, corpers shouldnt travel by road too?

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by Kaycee9242(m): 7:24am On Aug 07, 2018
Shebi na dis same national youth grave yard dem dy query adeosun say she no go, what's good with nysc?
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by Sharpshooota: 7:43am On Aug 07, 2018
Pataricatering:
your school fees were a terrible waste ! Your parent s should have used it to eat suya !

Go toilet
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by Greyworld: 7:53am On Aug 07, 2018
lonelydora:
I always tell people, if you can't swim...don't try to prove anything to anybody. Stay off pools and Rivers.

Nigerians no dey hear word
and yu learn in a glass cup?
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by JimD(m): 8:00am On Aug 07, 2018
NYSC should be scraped.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Primary place of assignment vacancies thread / Married Female Corper Caught Having Sex By Soldiers In Plateau State NYSC Camp / Official NYSC 2017 Batch B Stream II Mobilization Time Table Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.