Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,899 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:34 AM

Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) (31804 Views)

Bayelsa To Include Chinese Language In School Curriculum / The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) / Meet Anthony Ekwensi. How He Became Africa's Best In Chinese Language Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 06, 2018
A Nigerian student Anthony Ekwensi who took part in the 17th Chinese Bridge Chinese Language Proficiency Competition for Foreign College Students, has been crowned the African champion.

Though a Russian student Ruslan was the overall winner at the event which paraded 152 students from 118 countries, the 21-year old Anambra-born Nigerian, who came fourth in the final competition, made it to the last round of the championship with four other contestants who were also crowned champion of their respective continents.

The other winners were Theodore Joseph from Australia who came second, Guan Huimin from Indonesia, who took the third position and John Gardner from the United States, who placed fifth.

NAN reported that the grand finale of the competition took place on August 4 in Changsha, Hunan Province. In an interview with the News platform correspondent, the Nigerian student who is a final year student of Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK), Awka, Anambra State, said he looked forward to returning to China to pursue a post-graduate programme.

‘‘I went into the competition because I knew there was an opportunity to do something great, and also I wanted an opportunity to visit the country I’ve always dreamed of going.

‘‘My next plan now is to graduate successfully from UNIZIK and then come back to China for masters. I dedicate my award to God,’’ the final year student of Education Management and Policy said.

Before the competition, Ekwensi learnt Chinese language in Nigeria for two years at the Confucius Institute, UNIZIK, Awka. According to the organisers, the final competition consisted of three parts and tested the finalists’ language skills and all-around abilities, including their knowledge of Chinese culture, history, traditions and communication, as well as their singing and acting skills. All five winners of the language competition, have been offered full scholarships by the Confucius Institute.

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-student-wins-chinese-language-contest/

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by Pvin: 10:30pm On Aug 06, 2018
Igbo Amaka

157 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 06, 2018
cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by Enoch07: 10:31pm On Aug 06, 2018
Nix one bro

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by diebuhari1: 10:31pm On Aug 06, 2018
Igbo Amaka
Afonja Ajoka

135 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by Danma(m): 10:31pm On Aug 06, 2018
Ok
FlirtyKaren:
A Nigerian student Anthony Ekwensi who took part in the 17th Chinese Bridge Chinese Language Proficiency Competition for Foreign College Students, has been crowned the African champion.

Though a Russian student Ruslan was the overall winner at the event which paraded 152 students from 118 countries, the 21-year old Anambra-born Nigerian, who came fourth in the final competition, made it to the last round of the championship with four other contestants who were also crowned champion of their respective continents.

The other winners were Theodore Joseph from Australia who came second, Guan Huimin from Indonesia, who took the third position and John Gardner from the United States, who placed fifth.

NAN reported that the grand finale of the competition took place on August 4 in Changsha, Hunan Province. In an interview with the News platform correspondent, the Nigerian student who is a final year student of Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK), Awka, Anambra State, said he looked forward to returning to China to pursue a post-graduate programme.

‘‘I went into the competition because I knew there was an opportunity to do something great, and also I wanted an opportunity to visit the country I’ve always dreamed of going.

‘‘My next plan now is to graduate successfully from UNIZIK and then come back to China for masters. I dedicate my award to God,’’ the final year student of Education Management and Policy said.

Before the competition, Ekwensi learnt Chinese language in Nigeria for two years at the Confucius Institute, UNIZIK, Awka. According to the organisers, the final competition consisted of three parts and tested the finalists’ language skills and all-around abilities, including their knowledge of Chinese culture, history, traditions and communication, as well as their singing and acting skills. All five winners of the language competition, have been offered full scholarships by the Confucius Institute.

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-student-wins-chinese-language-contest/

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:31pm On Aug 06, 2018
Congrat. You make us proud. cool cool

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 06, 2018
Zaoshin han

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by Lagosbynature: 10:31pm On Aug 06, 2018
This is very nice, applause to the guy. Meanwhile there's another Nigerian boy who's making wave in the comedy Industry with the Chinese language. His name is Ibrahim aka Ibrolee. He made a parody of the popular "This is America" and he tagged it "This is China". Watch below

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 06, 2018
How was he able to do it?
And he is not even from Akwa-Ibom/Calabar?!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 06, 2018
grin

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by Enoch07: 10:33pm On Aug 06, 2018
Nix one

1 Like

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by omenziate(m): 10:33pm On Aug 06, 2018
Okwa Dat Igbo boy .��������

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 06, 2018
Power of DEDICATION!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by pyxon(m): 10:34pm On Aug 06, 2018
Igbo know how to accept a different culture whole heartedly. That is why there is an Igbo man who is an Italian senator today. Yoruba think there is something special about Lagos drawing Igbo there and it makes me laugh. Give us another economic hub in the south south or south east and watch Igbo people leave Lagos en masse

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by tishbite41(m): 10:35pm On Aug 06, 2018
Biafra

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by dkronicle(m): 10:35pm On Aug 06, 2018
omenziate:
Okwa Dat Igbo boy .��������
Nwanem

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by iRepMyCity(m): 10:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
Nicely done! Congrats and keep it up. cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by vioment: 10:39pm On Aug 06, 2018
One thing about naijans, is that when determined above the sky is the limit. We are too intelligent to be okay with running the country too foolishly. I wished we were at the levels of the countries that came 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by Oluwaseyi456(m): 10:39pm On Aug 06, 2018
Torigi torgai meaning good product good thinking
Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by Gabflex: 10:42pm On Aug 06, 2018
lin bou zhin gauo sueng goung doul.

he cannot know daat one jare

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by cucuzee247(m): 10:44pm On Aug 06, 2018
Nigerians everywhere like MTN grin
Congrats man! Happy for you!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 10:46pm On Aug 06, 2018
IGBO AMAKA

AFONJA AJOKA

AREWA ANAEZUZUKA

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by SarakiBukola: 10:47pm On Aug 06, 2018
pyxon:
Igbo know how to accept a different culture whole heartedly. That is why there is an Igbo man who is an Italian senator today. Yoruba think there is something special about Lagos drawing Igbo there and it makes me laugh. Give us another economic hub in the south south or south east and watch Igbo people leave Lagos en masse

"Give us another economic hub" grin grin grin grin

Just a matter of time before this one strips naked in the market.

Just a matter of time...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by Blessed200016: 10:48pm On Aug 06, 2018
pyxon:
why not create one for urself

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by Gr8tasign: 10:49pm On Aug 06, 2018
Wow
Up u my man
Up u my fellow Anambrarian

Up u the Great Igbo nation

All hail Biafra

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by pyxon(m): 10:49pm On Aug 06, 2018
Blessed200016:
why not create one for urself

Did Yoruba create Lagos? Did Hausa create Abuja? Federal govt created them

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by pyxon(m): 10:50pm On Aug 06, 2018
SarakiBukola:

[s]
Give us another economic hub

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by Blessed200016: 10:52pm On Aug 06, 2018
pyxon:

Did Yoruba create Lagos? Did Hausa create Abuja? Federal govt created them
to d glory of God Yoruba's created an enabling environment.

Y not create such first

10 Likes

Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 06, 2018
ti shan shan means what

Indomie kids fit get where I hear this one.
Re: Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured) by Rekyz(m): 10:58pm On Aug 06, 2018
Great achievement man. NCAN, over to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada / Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d / What A Phd Is And What It Is Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.