Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,481 members, 7,770,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:42 AM

Top Nigeria Tribes That Are Very Fashionable - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Top Nigeria Tribes That Are Very Fashionable (2938 Views)

Meet The African Tribes That Offers Wife To Guests / Nigeria Tribes By Developmental Ranking / History Of All Tribes That Make Up Biafra And Their Connection To One Ancestor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Nigeria Tribes That Are Very Fashionable by Notchtrend(m): 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2018
TOP NIGERIA TRIBES THAT ARE VERY FASHIONABLE

Nigeria is a country blessed with both human and mineral resources, talking about the human resources we have over 300 tribes in Nigeria and each tribe have their own uniqueness in displaying their culture, dialect, abilities in doing this and more, but in this article we will be pointing at the top five (5) tribes that will be ranked when it comes to fashion. Although all tribes in Nigeria are highly unique and presentable but they are some tribes that will display their own way of fashion in a stylish way.

1. YORUBA

Yoruba people are the ethnic group that dominate the south-west of the country, they are highly known for been fashionable especially when the have any occasion to attend, they are one of the major three tribes in Nigeria. The way their men rock their “agbada” and the native cap (abeti aja and gobi) and their present generation women tailored their native materials in different styles like gown, Iro and buba (wrapper and blouse) stylish it up with some nice set of beard can never be underestimated, they are mostly known for how they dress when going for their weekend parties.

2. IGBOS

This tribe also is one of the major three tribe in Nigeria, Igbo are the set of people that dominate the south-east part of the country and some are also in south-south. Their fashion style is also unique among the 371 tribes in Nigeria, they look extremely beautiful and handsome when they rock their native attires, they are unique and easily recognized when their men put on Isiagu (it looks like dansiki with stylish patterns) top with black trousers or sometimes wrapper styling it up with their hat (okpu agu), fashioned walking stick and nice pair of shoes and their women look gorgeous when blouse which is sewn of lace or Ankara fabrics combines with properly settled Ichafu headtie whose colour/pattern matched with the wrapper fabrics and traditional bead necklace or gold chain rounded up with modern hand bags.

3. ISOKO

Isoko tribe is located in Delta State and its one of the richest tribe in Nigeria, they are sometimes classified as Urobo but they are different, they are also one of the most fashionable tribe in Nigeria. Their dressing style is like that of the Igbos but with little differences. Their men mostly put on shirts and hat with wrappers or trousers, holding fashion walking stick styling their dressing with beads which makes that look royal every time while their women put on expensive blouse, wrapper, double head-tie and beads.

4. EDO

Edo is also a famous tribe in Nigeria. They are located in the southern part of the country. They also make up the list of the top fashionable tribes in Nigeria. They mostly use bead more than other tribes in Nigeria, their men’s caps are made of beads with big beaded bangles on their wrists with a very long necklace make of bead, same thing goes with the women of the tribes, their crown are made of beads also and they hardly use headtie, they tie long wrapper from their armpit to their legs using bead like craft to cover their shoulder in a fashioned manner.

5. IJAW

Ijaw tribe is the 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria and they occupy two or three states in Nigeria, their dressing style is not different from that of Isoko tribe, Their men mostly put on shirts also and hat with wrappers or trousers, holding customized walking stick styling their dressing with beads while their women put on blouse, wrapper, head-tie and beads.

read more: http://notchtrend.com/top-nigeria-tribes-that-are-very-fashionable/

©Notchtrend culture.

You, guys can add more tribe to the list

Hello, I'm new here, I'm I welcome?
Re: Top Nigeria Tribes That Are Very Fashionable by BeingFrank(m): 5:42pm On Aug 07, 2018
And how many tribes do you even know in Nigeria?
Re: Top Nigeria Tribes That Are Very Fashionable by amaniro: 5:46pm On Aug 07, 2018
The guy above is clearly pained his tribe is not therecheesy..... Op I don't trust your philosophy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Nigeria Tribes That Are Very Fashionable by scholes0(m): 7:25pm On Aug 07, 2018
The entire writeup is giving me brain cramps.

How can anyone say Edo state is in the East?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Nigeria Tribes That Are Very Fashionable by Notchtrend(m): 8:03pm On Aug 07, 2018
Not by force to know them all...
BeingFrank:
And how many tribes do you even know in Nigeria?
Re: Top Nigeria Tribes That Are Very Fashionable by Notchtrend(m): 8:07pm On Aug 07, 2018
Error corrected... I don't think you need to insult, this is just my on thought, you can re-write urs too.. Thanks
scholes0:

2 Likes

Re: Top Nigeria Tribes That Are Very Fashionable by scholes0(m): 8:35pm On Aug 07, 2018
Notchtrend:
Error corrected... I don't think you need to insult, this is just my on thought, you can re-write urs too.. Thanks

One would expect that anyone writing such things would at least proof check his assertions before posting. If your post had been pushed to frontpage, your article would have been irreversible.
Besides, that was just One example of what is wrong with your writings, not all.

How is "Edo mode of dressing not really that different from that of Igbos" like you postulated? Anyone can tell Edo and Igbo ceremonial dressing apart on any given day. Even casually they don't really dress alike either.

1 Like

Re: Top Nigeria Tribes That Are Very Fashionable by BeingFrank(m): 8:46pm On Aug 07, 2018
Notchtrend:
Not by force to know them all...
Then desist from churning out half baked information.
Re: Top Nigeria Tribes That Are Very Fashionable by scholes0(m): 8:48pm On Aug 07, 2018
my List.

1- Yorubas (Fashion trend setters, becoming more and more the skeleton of modern Nigerian recognizeable fashion)
2- Itsekiris (Extremely fashionable, so much so that a good chunk of recognizable Niger-Delta dressing etiquettes of today actually originated there )
3 - Igbos (Can be Fashionable when they really need to be, although there isn't really a very distinct signature stamp yet, but the isi-Agu is coming up)
4 - Edos - (Astounding Royalty when they actually DO dress in pure Edo costumes)
5 - Ijaws - (Mostly an Adaptation of medieval, victorian and exploration/discovery age Western clothing (for the men), otherwise they would have been number 4... seriously Ijaw clothes/dress sense doesn't even look that "Native" to West Africa, but they are indeed fashionable... after all, fashion has no borders)
6 - Fulanis / Fulbe - when they wear pure Fulani attires like their legendary conical hats, baggy pants, extremely slim pants, and their female attires.... are just heavenly with all the decorated embroidery and numerous accessories)
7 - Hausas and other Northerners -

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Nigeria Tribes That Are Very Fashionable by Notchtrend(m): 3:30am On Aug 08, 2018
I was mixing Edo with isoko, I never re read before posting, m so sorry guys cry
scholes0:

One would expect that anyone writing such things would at least proof check his assertions before posting. If your post had been pushed to frontpage, your article would have been irreversible.
Besides, that was just One example of what is wrong with your writings, not all.

How is "Edo mode of dressing not really that different from that of Igbos" like you postulated? Anyone can tell Edo and Igbo ceremonial dressing apart on any given day. Even casually they don't really dress alike either.
Re: Top Nigeria Tribes That Are Very Fashionable by Notchtrend(m): 3:50am On Aug 08, 2018
Like I said below this is my first post here... I'm still new on nairaland but i think have already know how nairalanders helps in detecting serious errors to make one avoid errors next time, thanks
Re: Top Nigeria Tribes That Are Very Fashionable by ariesbull: 3:56am On Aug 08, 2018
scholes0:

It's you that is giving yourself ....the OP said in southern part not the Eastern part

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Nigeria Tribes That Are Very Fashionable by Notchtrend(m): 3:58am On Aug 08, 2018
I actually modified it, he should have done that too wink
ariesbull:

It's you that is giving yourself ....the OP said in southern part not the Eastern part
Re: Top Nigeria Tribes That Are Very Fashionable by scholes0(m): 5:42am On Aug 08, 2018
Edited....
Re: Top Nigeria Tribes That Are Very Fashionable by FisifunKododada: 1:33am On Aug 09, 2018
When it comes to fashion, Yorubas are known. The rest can hustle for 2nd place. tongue

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Brief History Of Dunukofia Clan / Was Hausa Language Extracted From Arabic ? / "Satan Deceived Kuwait Prince To Convert To Christianity"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.