Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,768 members, 7,802,352 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out (61449 Views)

My Bestie Is Under Spiritual Attack After Bedding A Strange Girl. Please Advise. / My Bestie Is In Love With Me But I Don’t Want To Lose Him / My Male Bestie Is Sleeping With His Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by DonroxyII: 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2018
IamPlato:

Can You Please Shut Up With The "Nice Guy" shiit?

If I Love A Girl, I Can Never Make Her A Close Friend I Will be Advicing like I'm Her Father. Am I Mad?

The Guy Made A Big Mistake because When It Comes To Ladies this Is How It Ends When You Make Yourself a Brother And Father bullshiit...

Too Much Of Everything Is Bad. He Has Given His All To You. You Don See Am Finish... No Mystery About Him, he Has Been The Nicest fvck up Nigga...

Dont Waste His Time, tell Him You Dont Love and Dont Forget To Add "I See You As My Elder Brother". He Can Go And Kill Himself If thats The Solution
This is sense .... The dude knows too much and if you fall for him , you will fall yakata and if he should betray you, you will be irrecoverable for long !!!

I don't like relationship starting from friendship , Four years friendship .....

Ritylove, I will advice you give him a try and watch out if he is the same as a friend "as as" a boyfriend .... Nonetheless, there is different scrutiny for a Friend and a Boyfriend ..... Don't just ignore him, make him pass through your tests , and tell him "No sex" grin

2 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by DonroxyII: 4:48pm On Aug 09, 2018
ritylove:
the only thing i feel here is pity i feel he wasted his time and resources on me but still i dont want loose a good friend
It could be over already. The truth is that, you guys can never be normal again .... it already began !!

If there ain't a better offer now, u can try him out and as I have stated, let him pass the scrutiny of a boyfriend and don't bang him at any time .....

I tell people Marry your friend , that person who has emotional feelings for you but four years is too long ... Imagine with someone that even know all your hustle and sexcapades ...... hmmmm
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by DonroxyII: 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2018
Holymann:
You don't love him but you don't want to loose him
Ayam not understanding o
U don't understand , I have four sisters ... so I understand ... Now, make I explain to you ...

She love him as a friend but do not want him as a Boyfriend because she is scared of him betraying every iota of trust (100%) she had in him !!

If another guy should hurt @ ritylove, she will come n cry to this pvssy nigga but if this nigga should hurt her as per romantic relationship issues, who will she cry to

She doesn't want to lose this guy as a friend ...... This is fear of the unknown !!!

The fact that he is a nice friend doesn't mean he will be a nice boyfriend !!

4 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by tunize(m): 5:02pm On Aug 09, 2018
Mrtitanic:
she doesnt even know what she wants confused set of beings
na so most girls jst be now bros...

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:12pm On Aug 09, 2018
DonroxyII:
U don't understand , I have four sisters ... so I understand ... Now, make I explain to you ...

She love him as a friend but do not want him as a Boyfriend because she is scared of him betraying every iota of trust (100%) she had in him !!

If another guy should hurt @ ritylove, she will come n cry to this pvssy nigga but if this nigga should hurt her as per romantic relationship issues, who will she cry to

She doesn't want to lose this guy as a friend ...... This is fear of the unknown !!!

The fact that he is a nice friend doesn't mean he will be a nice boyfriend !!
..Please stop this. I don't understand why most of you that grew up with a lot of girls in the family tends to reason and behave like them. The truth is she is not ready to settle down due to her life style,she doesn't want to be under any kind of watch,she wants to be free as a bird but still yet enjoy all the benefits from the said guy.If the guy is good to be her bestie why can't he be good as a boyfriend? For she to tell you us that she is not into any serous relationship,yet can't date the said guy should tell you something. Don't be deceived.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by DonroxyII: 5:14pm On Aug 09, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
..Please stop this. I don't understand why most of you that grew up with a lot of girls in the family tends to reason and behave like them. The truth is she is not ready to settle down due to her life style,she doesn't want to be under any kind of watch,she wants to be free as a bird but yet still enjoy all the benefits from the said guy.If the guy is good to be her bestie why can't he be good as a boyfriend? For she to tell you us that she is not into any serous relationship,yet can't date the said guy should tell you something. Don't be deceived.
we are over protective no doubt but bro, the fact that he is a good fwend no mean he would be a good lover ....

RityLove, give this guy a try but watch out if he is gonna change !!
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by LordsApostle: 8:30pm On Aug 09, 2018
That girl is a small demon... She's the demon TB Joshua cast from synagogue, I have recognized her..
JONNYSPUTE:
.. You re evil.You don't love him yet you allowed him waste all his time and resources on you.Stop all this you don't want to loose a gud friend,you re only scared that if he leaves you,all the goodies you get from him will be over. My advice,don't date him,wait until a woman beater handles you.

5 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Catsmith: 10:04pm On Aug 09, 2018
Ok
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by pawesome(m): 10:06pm On Aug 09, 2018
Bestie bestie till pant shif
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Radiant1020(f): 10:12pm On Aug 09, 2018
I thought we are always told to marry our friend?
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by MarijuanaLORD: 10:14pm On Aug 09, 2018
i pity nice guys

They are jonsing men

This hoes deserve to be bleeped and ditched wink

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 09, 2018
ritylove:
I am a very gregarious or rather should i say a social individual,i keep alot of company but my actual real friends circle is pretty small,i actually never bought this male bestie of a thing from the onset because i felt it was thrash and irrelevant to me, i was satisfied with my girlfriends around,but during my 100 level in the university there was this particular guy i met then i was still a fresher i never knew much about the school he helped me alot with my clearance,getting a place to stay,showing me around school with alot of stuffs too numerous to mention here.

As time goes on suprisingly we started getting very close much more closer than i ever expected he was very nice and caring to me,sometimes he acts like my dad he is the only male friend i have who dares scold me in my wrong doings as time goes on before i could even realize it he was the closest to me among all my friends he was always there for me when i needed someone even when i dont he was there. We became so close i started confiding in him alot,i even told him stuffs i cant tell my mum we got so close he knows almost everything about me,everyone av dated,whom am dating,my breakups,my sex life,my kind of guy,my attitude towards dating,how i reason, even before saying something he has an idea of what am about to say,this guy knows my girlcode to the freaking core there is hardly anything i can hide from him,he has being of great assistance to me always forcing me to read my books and forget social medias,the truth is that he is the major reason for my drastic improvement academically, i was always at the receiving end,there is hardly anything i do for him yet he stayed i realized i needed him more than he needed me.

it all started few days ago as usual we just left from an eatery store heading back home he decided to drop by my place to charge his pc which he was using for his finals project work since there area had light issues,fast forward to when we got home there it goes we were talking as usual then all of a sudden he started saying stuffs how he feels about me all this while but only kept it to himself after hearing him speak for almost 3hours i was totally confused i didnt say anything i just starred at him the whole time till he finished ,noticing my silience he then asked me what i had to say about what i just heared,i had no idea on what to say i was totally confused i have never seen him this serious my entire life,in an attempt to escape the moment and look on his face i told him to give me sometime to dissolve all what i have heard after which he left.

Now am put in one of the most difficult situations i have ever being he is a very nice person,one of the nicest guys i have met yet he treats me better than anyone else, he treats me better than anyone am dating words can hardly explain i like him alot but i dont think i love or have any feelings or so for him this a guy who waited almost 4yrs to ask me out,a guy who knows me better than all my friends,i feel this guy knows too much and am scared he might use that against me one way or the other after all he has done for me i feel i owe him more, i cant look him in the eyes and tell him that i dont love him,i dont want to hurt his feelings and i dont want to loose him either cux he is my bestfriend i dont want to look like the bad person in front of everyone else but pleasing him here means displeasing myself i dont know what to do anymore cux i dont want to hurt anyones feeling, have being avoiding his calls and text cux i dont know what to say please i need a sincere and modest advice here what can i do in this situation i dont want anyones feelings getting hurt.

This is the reason I really don't want to be the so-called good guy any more. This guy is just suffering what i am suffering right now. Good guys don't always get the best of relationship. The only thing you hear ladies say about them is that you are very nice but I don't know if i love you.

5 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 09, 2018
xpac01:

Wrong.

From the tone of your message I can easily decipher that you actually love (having strong affection for) the guy, just that you don't have any romantic feelings towards him. This is actually natural just that some nice guys never still get this.

Please don't just look him in the eyes and spill those I don't love you words to him. It will break him badly. He must be a nice guy who simply thought that by the what the boh of you have been together you'll simply say yes to his proposals.

Try explaining your own feelings to him.
Ask him what exactly he wants. And tell him how difficult it is for the both of you to go across the other side of the river in your relationship with him. Tell him calmly, with love and with all sincerity. Don't even try telling him you're thinking about it. Be firm, gentle and definite with your response. IT IS NOT JUST GOING TO WORK.

I have actually been in your shoes as a guy.

He will understand I am sure.
One bottle of chilled Kunu for you
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by 400billionman: 10:23pm On Aug 09, 2018
ritylove:
I am a very gregarious or rather should i say a social individual,i keep alot of company but my actual real friends circle is pretty small,i actually never bought this male bestie of a thing from the onset because i felt it was thrash and irrelevant to me, i was satisfied with my girlfriends around,but during my 100 level in the university there was this particular guy i met then i was still a fresher i never knew much about the school he helped me alot with my clearance,getting a place to stay,showing me around school with alot of stuffs too numerous to mention here.

As time goes on suprisingly we started getting very close much more closer than i ever expected he was very nice and caring to me,sometimes he acts like my dad he is the only male friend i have who dares scold me in my wrong doings as time goes on before i could even realize it he was the closest to me among all my friends he was always there for me when i needed someone even when i dont he was there. We became so close i started confiding in him alot,i even told him stuffs i cant tell my mum we got so close he knows almost everything about me,everyone av dated,whom am dating,my breakups,my sex life,my kind of guy,my attitude towards dating,how i reason, even before saying something he has an idea of what am about to say,this guy knows my girlcode to the freaking core there is hardly anything i can hide from him,he has being of great assistance to me always forcing me to read my books and forget social medias,the truth is that he is the major reason for my drastic improvement academically, i was always at the receiving end,there is hardly anything i do for him yet he stayed i realized i needed him more than he needed me.

it all started few days ago as usual we just left from an eatery store heading back home he decided to drop by my place to charge his pc which he was using for his finals project work since there area had light issues,fast forward to when we got home there it goes we were talking as usual then all of a sudden he started saying stuffs how he feels about me all this while but only kept it to himself after hearing him speak for almost 3hours i was totally confused i didnt say anything i just starred at him the whole time till he finished ,noticing my silience he then asked me what i had to say about what i just heared,i had no idea on what to say i was totally confused i have never seen him this serious my entire life,in an attempt to escape the moment and look on his face i told him to give me sometime to dissolve all what i have heard after which he left.

Now am put in one of the most difficult situations i have ever being he is a very nice person,one of the nicest guys i have met yet he treats me better than anyone else, he treats me better than anyone am dating words can hardly explain i like him alot but i dont think i love or have any feelings or so for him this a guy who waited almost 4yrs to ask me out,a guy who knows me better than all my friends,i feel this guy knows too much and am scared he might use that against me one way or the other after all he has done for me i feel i owe him more, i cant look him in the eyes and tell him that i dont love him,i dont want to hurt his feelings and i dont want to loose him either cux he is my bestfriend i dont want to look like the bad person in front of everyone else but pleasing him here means displeasing myself i dont know what to do anymore cux i dont want to hurt anyones feeling, have being avoiding his calls and text cux i dont know what to say please i need a sincere and modest advice here what can i do in this situation i dont want anyones feelings getting hurt.
you mean you want to use him and dump him kai

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Tamarapetty(f): 10:23pm On Aug 09, 2018
ritylove:
i wish it was as easy as you said it then i wont be sharing it here
I don't know whether the guys on this thread wants u to date the guy out of pity With the way they are reacting upandan. Love shouldn't be forced. He has a great personality and good qualities. But don-t tell him 'i don't love u ' oh. I-m already heart broken for the guy sef

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by HENRY940: 10:32pm On Aug 09, 2018
Stoopid guy

Reminds me of my wasted years of nice_guy_stoopidity

Till I wisened up. Now I have many babes, even the ones I don't need.

And they love me grin

5 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by cocolacec(m): 10:32pm On Aug 09, 2018
ritylove:
you just said my mind even if i agree am afraid i might still end up hurting his feelings more after all his kindness but still you cant force love on someone

Your friend might be shy guy,you can try to matchmake him with a friend or relative who has similar features as you.
Hope this helps.
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Gkemz: 10:38pm On Aug 09, 2018
Follow your heart but if I'm to suggest i will say give him a chance to prove if his love is genuine or he's just trying to take advantage of your openness. Try to know him. If you're the only person in his life, then he's really sincere.

Any guy who's concerned about your academics or career and places it above the pleasure of having sex with you truly loves you and you shouldn't let him go.

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by soles21(m): 10:43pm On Aug 09, 2018
ritylove:

there are two ways this is going to play out if you say yes at first you might feel like you made the wrong decision but with time you'll love him and it might end up being the best decision you've ever made and maybe in 2-3yrs time you might even be inviting us for your wedding.
If you say no at first you might think you made the right decision and if the guy is as nice as you've stated he'll stick around as normal making you feel even more guilty and trust me karma will show up in form of another lady that is going to take up most of if not all his attention. Then you'll realise how careless you were by then it will be late and before you know it you'll drown in depression and regret. your health will deteriorate and you'll become less social you might even consider sucide. My point is you love this guy but don't know it yet so be wise guys like that are not more than 10 in this country.

5 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by carloz685(m): 10:46pm On Aug 09, 2018
First of all the comments i read was funny few encouraging some annoying. Babe make i tell you something 4yrs no b beans this guy is serious ooo. But all the same try him for a month see where it goes if you still feel the same tell him am sure he would understand
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by alizma: 10:46pm On Aug 09, 2018
ritylove:

Op, on a normal day I would just comment and move on but I really want you to read this hence, my quoting you.
in all these yrs, he knows your were into one relationship or the order but he kept calm, he must have asked himself several questions such as why should I be foolish to be waiting for someone I know is in a relationship but he probably told himself that whatever happened all that matters is that he wants the woman he sees as best for him. this conviction is what two lovers need to cross over all obstacles. give it a chance if you can, chances are that you will not regret it.
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by ponti93(m): 10:48pm On Aug 09, 2018
Until you realize that love is overated

3 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by pinkyruledworld(m): 10:50pm On Aug 09, 2018
Heartbender:
Don't date him. How can he wait for 4 years (a full political tenure) to tell you his feelings. Baba can plot your skull mining and you will escort him to the babalawo innocently

In other news, date me. I like woman, I dey straightforward. grin
DLawwww

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by dankol: 10:51pm On Aug 09, 2018
Nairalanders are savages.. You guys want to kiii me with laughter.. Eeehmmm op.. I don't know what to advise you but you just help validate what one of my female bestie told he sometime ago.. She said.. WD ladies have fish brain.. Its now I believe.

2 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Heartbender: 10:52pm On Aug 09, 2018
Hehehe...amicus
pinkyruledworld:
DLawwww
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Tomtoxic: 10:55pm On Aug 09, 2018
just do whatever u wanna do follow your heart and brain but i dont understand how you girls say dating your friend will complicate issues and incase of any issue the friendship wont be the same anymore because if u say no to him dnt bother u have already lost the friendship he might try to just still talk to you for a while but he will drift away slowly
And pls when breaking the niggas heart dnt talk for 3 hours abeg whatever u want to explain make it brief ...... more explanations go cause more anger.
dnt let people deceive you that a REAL friend will understand cuz dating someone is a yes or no thing there is nothing to understand there no one takes rejection happily.
when them tell una say there is nothing like bestie una nur dey here i even know female bestie both of dem have boyfriends yet dem be lesbians

4 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Acidosis(m): 10:58pm On Aug 09, 2018
You don't love him bla bla bla. The dream man you're imagining in your head (probably a married footballer or a married actor) is nothing but a mirage. It is called "dream man" for a reason - it exists only in the dream.

The uncle too should respect himself. Haba, I will even lose interest (technically) in a woman if, after 4 days, I don't get green light.

3 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by bennymark(m): 10:59pm On Aug 09, 2018
I used to screw my bestie real hard that year, be glad this dude is slow / dull

ritylove:

3 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by itsmeurLady(f): 11:05pm On Aug 09, 2018
U don't love him or it's because he haff nor blow? Conman tell me in my ear grin grin

5 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by levisglory: 11:05pm On Aug 09, 2018
my advice is that don't do something that u will regret tomorrow o, u have found u missing rib but now u wnt to let him go by saying, u don't love him and u don't have feelings for him. well, na u sabi.
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by marvinsync(m): 11:06pm On Aug 09, 2018
Nnaabros:
You don't love him with all his nice qualities and the way he treats you but you love all those other guys who treat you far less than he does. ?

What do you women really want?

Is love all about romantic feelings and emotions, rather than qualities and personality?

Most people never appreciate what they have until they lose it.

I still blame the guy for not laying his cards clearly on the table from the beginning, instead of acting BROTHER and FATHER to a girl for four years before telling her what he really wants.

the guy was a nice guy

he didn't know the nice guy act would get him friend zoned

trust me women don't want a guy thats caring , loving , emotional , basically all that sh!t u mentioned , they say they do but they don't !

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

9 Simple Steps To Satisfy Your Woman’s Breasts By Dr. Phreedah / When You Tell Her To Send You A Picture Of Herself In The Shower / TEN Types Of Men Who Will Cheat On You No Matter What [must Read For Ladies]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.