Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out (61482 Views)

My Bestie Is Under Spiritual Attack After Bedding A Strange Girl. Please Advise. / My Bestie Is In Love With Me But I Don’t Want To Lose Him / My Male Bestie Is Sleeping With His Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by neoobinna(m): 7:13am On Aug 10, 2018
rman:
Do not date such a guy!

Do not let people mislead you.

Yes, the guy actually loved you all these years , however you made a serious blunder thinking he just wants to be friends. Some guys do not know how to ask ladies out and him getting close at the initial stage and doing all sorts is his own way of asking you out.

The problem is you have told him so much and you are now to exposed. Especailly, the fact that he probably knows your body count amd other guys that have slept with you.

Believe me, when you give in. relaity will also set in for him. Sometimes, sex clears guys head more on how they feel about a lady.

He loves you? Yes, but no guy wants to know other guys that have slept with a lady while he stuck around being the good guy.

He is introverted and most introverts are very calculative and can be manipulative too. I guess he just do not want to leave school without having sex with you. He came out because his time is almost over at school.

Believe me, he has figured out you do not love him after the first year on his own. Because, if you were aa close as you claimed, you must have slept with guys that did not do 5% of what he has done for you.

Move on dear. This is life and it is not perfect.

He will not like that much after the rejection but that is normal.
You talk like a lady
She can give him a try without sex
Even if sex will be involved, is it not what she have been giving other guys that didn't do nothing

I don't know how people think
Ask married couples, dating someone you really know is the greatest dating of all

4 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by DanielPop(m): 7:15am On Aug 10, 2018
God's gift comes in mysterious ways. Watch and pray!
ritylove:
I am a very gregarious or rather should i say a social individual,i keep alot of company but my actual real friends circle is pretty small,i actually never bought this male bestie of a thing from the onset because i felt it was thrash and irrelevant to me, i was satisfied with my girlfriends around,but during my 100 level in the university there was this particular guy i met then i was still a fresher i never knew much about the school he helped me alot with my clearance,getting a place to stay,showing me around school with alot of stuffs too numerous to mention here.

As time goes on suprisingly we started getting very close much more closer than i ever expected he was very nice and caring to me,sometimes he acts like my dad he is the only male friend i have who dares scold me in my wrong doings as time goes on before i could even realize it he was the closest to me among all my friends he was always there for me when i needed someone even when i dont he was there. We became so close i started confiding in him alot,i even told him stuffs i cant tell my mum we got so close he knows almost everything about me,everyone av dated,whom am dating,my breakups,my sex life,my kind of guy,my attitude towards dating,how i reason, even before saying something he has an idea of what am about to say,this guy knows my girlcode to the freaking core there is hardly anything i can hide from him,he has being of great assistance to me always forcing me to read my books and forget social medias,the truth is that he is the major reason for my drastic improvement academically, i was always at the receiving end,there is hardly anything i do for him yet he stayed i realized i needed him more than he needed me.

it all started few days ago as usual we just left from an eatery store heading back home he decided to drop by my place to charge his pc which he was using for his finals project work since there area had light issues,fast forward to when we got home there it goes we were talking as usual then all of a sudden he started saying stuffs how he feels about me all this while but only kept it to himself after hearing him speak for almost 3hours i was totally confused i didnt say anything i just starred at him the whole time till he finished ,noticing my silience he then asked me what i had to say about what i just heared,i had no idea on what to say i was totally confused i have never seen him this serious my entire life,in an attempt to escape the moment and look on his face i told him to give me sometime to dissolve all what i have heard after which he left.

Now am put in one of the most difficult situations i have ever being he is a very nice person,one of the nicest guys i have met yet he treats me better than anyone else, he treats me better than anyone am dating words can hardly explain i like him alot but i dont think i love or have any feelings or so for him this a guy who waited almost 4yrs to ask me out,a guy who knows me better than all my friends,i feel this guy knows too much and am scared he might use that against me one way or the other after all he has done for me i feel i owe him more, i cant look him in the eyes and tell him that i dont love him,i dont want to hurt his feelings and i dont want to loose him either cux he is my bestfriend i dont want to look like the bad person in front of everyone else but pleasing him here means displeasing myself i dont know what to do anymore cux i dont want to hurt anyones feeling, have being avoiding his calls and text cux i dont know what to say please i need a sincere and modest advice here what can i do in this situation i dont want anyones feelings getting hurt.

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 10, 2018
OP, go and see FLASH
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Lightwands(m): 7:29am On Aug 10, 2018
Don't date him out of pity... If it doesn't feel right, tell him the truth. Like someone said "release him". If he wants to stay as a friend? fine. And if he doesn't, you'd have to live with that.

2 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Sirmi24: 7:31am On Aug 10, 2018
eph12:
The poor guy probably hasn't been able to date others because you have occupied all the space. He is the victim here. Release him abeg so he can focus on better girls elsewhere.
Confirm talk...

2 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by steefi07: 7:33am On Aug 10, 2018
Just say yes and tell you prefer celibacy for now with time your love for him will grow. Don't loose him you might pay for it in future.
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Sirmi24: 7:33am On Aug 10, 2018
This girl wicked sha
Selfish Girl I tell ya
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by ElGood: 7:36am On Aug 10, 2018
If I were u, I will finally confirm his niceness and care he has for me by saying NO, then I will observe and watch his reactions.

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by kazyhm(m): 7:42am On Aug 10, 2018
ritylove:

Your IQ tho

Just for clerification purpose

I bet she doesn't like that guy because she feels he doesn't have enough cash, and maybe a car and good house , so. He can carry her foolish smelly prostituting ass around school

The dude in question doesnt come from an average nor poor family talkless of not having enough cash or being broke in person, not everygirl you see is after the little change you feel you have in your pocket, besides he drives not one but two cars he may not have a home of his own but atleast his rented apartment is far from what you can ever dream of having if you continue with this mentality of yours

what am trying to say is that i grew up in an environment where am hardly move by all this trash you mentioned here if you like own an entire estate or garage of cars with all the money in the world if a girl doesnt love you she doesnt love you except you want the one called fake love please dont be decieved.

This is funny.........justifying your stupidity to what end ?

3 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by phyl50(m): 7:47am On Aug 10, 2018
Chascop:
Having a Female as a Best friend is like having Chicken for a pet, You will eat it some day- Pete Edochie.

Dear OP, he's not a bestie but a long time admirer who's set to unleash his desires and make it official

True saying....

2 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Spidermon: 7:48am On Aug 10, 2018
Girls dont like nice guys.

That is why once you begin to come close to me, I go let you know sharperly say I get prick and e dey quick hard.

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by IAmTobore(m): 7:51am On Aug 10, 2018
@ ritylove
You can't date him, and he can't date you. Just bleep him once or twice and tell him you prefer to be friends with him.

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by erimmy(m): 7:53am On Aug 10, 2018
ritylove:
i feel so guilty after hearing everyword he said
What I can see from this story here is that the guy doesn't have money. End of story.

3 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by patricknz(m): 7:59am On Aug 10, 2018
ritylove:
I am a very gregarious or rather should i say a social individual,i keep alot of company but my actual real friends circle is pretty small,i actually never bought this male bestie of a thing from the onset because i felt it was thrash and irrelevant to me, i was satisfied with my girlfriends around,but during my 100 level in the university there was this particular guy i met then i was still a fresher i never knew much about the school he helped me alot with my clearance,getting a place to stay,showing me around school with alot of stuffs too numerous to mention here.

As time goes on suprisingly we started getting very close much more closer than i ever expected he was very nice and caring to me,sometimes he acts like my dad he is the only male friend i have who dares scold me in my wrong doings as time goes on before i could even realize it he was the closest to me among all my friends he was always there for me when i needed someone even when i dont he was there. We became so close i started confiding in him alot,i even told him stuffs i cant tell my mum we got so close he knows almost everything about me,everyone av dated,whom am dating,my breakups,my sex life,my kind of guy,my attitude towards dating,how i reason, even before saying something he has an idea of what am about to say,this guy knows my girlcode to the freaking core there is hardly anything i can hide from him,he has being of great assistance to me always forcing me to read my books and forget social medias,the truth is that he is the major reason for my drastic improvement academically, i was always at the receiving end,there is hardly anything i do for him yet he stayed i realized i needed him more than he needed me.

it all started few days ago as usual we just left from an eatery store heading back home he decided to drop by my place to charge his pc which he was using for his finals project work since there area had light issues,fast forward to when we got home there it goes we were talking as usual then all of a sudden he started saying stuffs how he feels about me all this while but only kept it to himself after hearing him speak for almost 3hours i was totally confused i didnt say anything i just starred at him the whole time till he finished ,noticing my silience he then asked me what i had to say about what i just heared,i had no idea on what to say i was totally confused i have never seen him this serious my entire life,in an attempt to escape the moment and look on his face i told him to give me sometime to dissolve all what i have heard after which he left.

Now am put in one of the most difficult situations i have ever being he is a very nice person,one of the nicest guys i have met yet he treats me better than anyone else, he treats me better than anyone am dating words can hardly explain i like him alot but i dont think i love or have any feelings or so for him this a guy who waited almost 4yrs to ask me out,a guy who knows me better than all my friends,i feel this guy knows too much and am scared he might use that against me one way or the other after all he has done for me i feel i owe him more, i cant look him in the eyes and tell him that i dont love him,i dont want to hurt his feelings and i dont want to loose him either cux he is my bestfriend i dont want to look like the bad person in front of everyone else but pleasing him here means displeasing myself i dont know what to do anymore cux i dont want to hurt anyones feeling, have being avoiding his calls and text cux i dont know what to say please i need a sincere and modest advice here what can i do in this situation i dont want anyones feelings getting hurt.
This situation isn't really a simple 1 cos sm1 must get hurt, but regardless, u should understand that trying to love sm1 out of pitty wud be a very big mistake(It's like a time bomb)...He has done a lot for u and u feel indebted; UNDERSTOOD! but since wen did love become a mean of settling debts? Cud be dat he'z hernessed this feeling ryt from d very first day, and den cud be something he developed over time(which isn't a nice thing).....once u become very close friends with d opposite sex(besties), forget it cos it is finished. If he truely is ur friend, den call him, mk him understand dat he might just be 1 of d good things dat hv happened to u but dat U r not in love with him....It is not easy but u owe dat to him and urself. But 1 thing is sure...D friendship might still be there but will never be dsame again...it went sour d moment he asked u out. PS: U don't gv out wat u dnt hv. U don't love him and dats simple......just save urselves time and energy cos if u guys go through with dis, my bet is dat it won't last.(I'm telling from experience...I've seen a lot of these).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by engrMikemd(m): 8:03am On Aug 10, 2018
Nnaabros:
You don't love him with all his nice qualities and the way he treats you but you love all those other guys who treat you far less than he does. ?

What do you women really want?

Is love all about romantic feelings and emotions, rather than qualities and personality?

Most people never appreciate what they have until they lose it.

I still blame the guy for not laying his cards clearly on the table from the beginning, instead of acting BROTHER and FATHER to a girl for four years before telling her what he really wants.
hmmm
girls can be confused at times
well said though

2 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 10, 2018
ritylove:
the only thing i feel here is pity i feel he wasted his time and resources on me but still i dont want loose a good friend

Babe, you're such a nice girl and at thesame time a dumbass!

well, I've been in this shoes, the only lady I loved genuinely, left me to get married to one yeye guy like that, I call that guy a pussyy! I was also so dumb, played bestie for a whole of 3years, but I was still not too dumb to always make my intentions known everytime, but she always won't say yes.

what I can see in this situation of yours is that, the guy is too good for you, never would a lady marry a man who would cage her like her 'dad'. they won't, I won't say you don't love him, you actually do, but you can't marry such person who couldn't appeal to you like a 'bad guy'. every lady would marry a bad guy she admires so much. say it again in another way, I will still decipher what you have in your heart.

tell me if your current boyfriend isn't a guy whom you won't let go, even with all the bad characters he has?

lol.

my dear, I have an advice for you, that advice is so helpful that if you could use it one this MR nice guy, you won't have to date him and he won't still go. he would even be more 'useful' to you than ever before. but advice comes at a price. the price is that you would have to reply my mention and ask 'what is the advice sir'

anyways...

Drabeey was HERE

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by brainhgeek(m): 8:04am On Aug 10, 2018
How sure are you that he is not reading this post even with your picture staring back at the world in your profile. Viola! You might have been BURSTED!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Dimex03(m): 8:05am On Aug 10, 2018
Well, I'm tired liking every comment on this issue but before i park my keke here lemme tell u something.
God has place in your hand a guy with a heart of Gold... Someone you can lean on... Someone who understand what you've been through and still stay with you... Like one of your verse said "He's been there for you even when you aren't there for him" hmm that love you seem not to have for him is there within u... Biko don't fight it.

On a final note, we can only air our opinion but i don't want to dive into my own story of similar issue, don't miss a lifetime opportunity o

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by majormofor(m): 8:09am On Aug 10, 2018
ritylove:

Aunty PM his number, n give him 2yrs minimum...The luv ur not seeing nw,u will see it by that time...nonsense
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by slap1(m): 8:21am On Aug 10, 2018
ritylove:
the only thing i feel here is pity i feel he wasted his time and resources on me but still i dont want loose a good friend

Damn!
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by rman: 8:33am On Aug 10, 2018
neoobinna:

You talk like a lady
She can give him a try without sex
Even if sex will be involved, is it not what she have been giving other guys that didn't do nothing

I don't know how people think
Ask married couples, dating someone you really know is the greatest dating of all

This is reality. Take it or leave it
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Peacefulgold(m): 8:51am On Aug 10, 2018
ritylove:
I can't believe u are actually saying this ...wasting resources on u...where is DAT saying DAT I want to get married to my best friend coming from..it means I want to b with someone who understands me to d core and who knows how to handle my feelings,which from ur story d guy is over qualified,I believe for him to have pop up d question now after 4yrs,since he knows u too well,I believe u are not in a serious luv relationship,though u didn't specify DAT,my dear if I were u,I will start seeing him with luv and accept his proposal..d devil u know is beta Dan d angel u don't know..don't loss dat guy ,u will forever regret it,and don't luv him cos u pity him,luv him cos he has all u want in a man,unless u are d materialistic type and maybe cos u know him in and out also u feel he is not buoyant enough to take care of u...
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by freshair46: 8:51am On Aug 10, 2018
You don't love him with all his nice qualities and the way he treats you but you love all those other guys who treat you far less than he does. ?

What do you women really want?

Is love all about romantic feelings and emotions, rather than qualities and personality?

Most people never appreciate what they have until they lose it.

I still blame the guy for not laying his cards clearly on the table from the beginning, instead of acting BROTHER and FATHER to a girl for four years before telling her what he really wants. am also in that shoes too,hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by chrisb2r200: 8:52am On Aug 10, 2018
That guy has sacrificed so much for you,...if u can't date him, then at least appease him with some friendly rounds of sex...please ride him for me. Please am begging u cry
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by frozen70(f): 8:52am On Aug 10, 2018
ritylove:

All this I don't want, I don't want as an excuse is a childish thinking

Your picture of this guy according to your explanation is a wonderful person

If you were a virgin then keep to it but if you are not a virgin, why acting as if he is about to break a vow you made

From the look of things, he deserves you more than any other man you have dated at least he impacted your life and improve your education while others just came and left you without any tangible benefit to you

If you give love a chance it will develop with time
Try not to loose because you might regret and by then he would have been with a lady that knows his worth
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Dalighieri: 8:56am On Aug 10, 2018
This is the problem some of you girls have.You complain about dating douchebags who are unfaithful, violent not caring etc yet when a nice guy shows up you don't want him.It is perfectly understandable for you to be shocked and confused at first, but if you are single or don't have a solid relationship give this guy a trial because after the beauty has faded, after several years of marriage only real friendship continues to sustain the marriage.Dont allow immaturity dictate wrong actions, think of your future and the kind of man that will be loyal and honest in the long term dont throw away a good thing o.Me that I am talking I had this opportunity In 2006 and I stupidly allowed friends to mislead me, since 2006 to now I have not met anyone else like this girl a man who knows her value quickly grabbed her and they are married now.Dont make a decision you would regret
ritylove:

2 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by pryme(m): 8:56am On Aug 10, 2018
frozen70:

All this I don't want, I don't want as an excuse is a childish thinking

Your picture of this guy according to your explanation is a wonderful person

If you were a virgin then keep to it but if you are not a virgin, why acting as if he is about to break a vow you made

From the look of things, he deserves you more than any other man you have dated at least he impacted your life and improve your education while others just came and left you without any tangible benefit to you

If you give love a chance it will develop with time
Try not to loose because you might regret and by then he would have been with a lady that knows his worth

What do you expect from a girl in her early 20s
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Abillsable: 9:06am On Aug 10, 2018
Dear sister,think and pray about it.That might be the one.Its scarce to find such one that knows you and never made any sexual advance towards you the whole 4 years.The person has fallen in love with you and decided to take a risk.He knows he would be risking if anything atleast the friendship and took his shot.And for you too somewhere in your heart, you know he is the one eventhough you are confused.
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by mapet: 9:09am On Aug 10, 2018
Sheuns:
This has happened to most guys. It's the truth. That's why it's advisable to never ask a lady for friendship first if you wish to have a romantic relationship later on. Just tell her from the onset so she knows where you're driving at. Not forming one nice and caring friend shit.

My MO from teenage........
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Heartbender: 9:13am On Aug 10, 2018
Hehehe...something must kill a man cool
TwentyOnePilots:

With this your moniker... Heartbender! I hear you oh. You go just bend the girl heart go one corner! grin
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by tuoyoojo(m): 9:17am On Aug 10, 2018
I really feel for the guy but he gat what he deserved

well for the babe, if the guy goes am sure u would always wished u said yes to him

but then it would be too late
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Boomboost(m): 9:20am On Aug 10, 2018
Homeboiy:
Foolish girl, He was even talking for 3 hrs without your response .

I don't blame you, I blame the useless guy that's forming Mr nice guy

Girls like you should be used for yahoo rituals

Ewu Cotonou

onye iberibe

I will never be 'nice' to girls, good or bad. I think every guy has been a nice guy before, na girls like this de clear eye.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

When You Tell Her To Send You A Picture Of Herself In The Shower / TEN Types Of Men Who Will Cheat On You No Matter What [must Read For Ladies] / Lady Cries Out As She Remains Single 10 Years After Cancelling Her Wedding Becau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.