Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles (11010 Views)

Ikenna Igwe Shares Horror Experiences In A Face-me-i-face-you Building / Chronicles Of Tracy / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by Ayoxander: 5:01pm On Aug 09, 2018
Beware indeed. For it might make you choke on air while laughing. wink
MrHighSea:
Caveat Emptor
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by willexyaho(m): 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2018
Nice one
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by Juniorangel(m): 5:26pm On Aug 09, 2018
Nice one op, I don enter ur bus... This journey go sweet die... Abeg mention me
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by Ayoxander: 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2018
Why did you say that slimwize?
Slimwize:
OP am not sure dat u did IT
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by Ayoxander: 5:43pm On Aug 09, 2018
thanks juniorangel. u would surely get a mention in the next update.
Juniorangel:
Nice one op, I don enter ur bus... This journey go sweet die... Abeg mention me
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by Ayoxander: 5:44pm On Aug 09, 2018
THANKS
willexyaho:
Nice one
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by Ayoxander: 5:49pm On Aug 09, 2018
AremoOG:
Who Day Serve Perxon Here
BARMAN!!!!!!!!! where my gulder
WHY GULDER? NO PROB. BABA. BEER NA BEER. ONE CHILLED BEER COMING YOUR WAY. KUNLE O O.. COME DO YOUR WORK O
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by Ayoxander: 5:51pm On Aug 09, 2018
2ru9jaman:
make i carry my chair com front, dis na another sweet tori. ayoxander updates, wey dis popcorn boy?
ON THE WAY.
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by ibro2much(m): 6:08pm On Aug 09, 2018
@OP Ayoxander,
I dey follow your writeup bumper to fender
Oya continue o,I dey wait for update.
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by Bluefish7(m): 7:36pm On Aug 09, 2018
BARMAN!!! 2 bottles of cold orijin for OP with kpomo to ti ka bi taya, laced with fried ata and sliced alubasa... oya kwantinew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by seuncyber(m): 11:18pm On Aug 09, 2018
Am still awake waiting for your update oh
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by Peterpanny: 9:33am On Aug 10, 2018
come update na watin happen,is too early for did kind delay.
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by Ayoxander: 10:57pm On Aug 10, 2018
Please maam and sir in the auz. i don't know what i did o. since yesterday, av been banned and all attempt to post has not been possible. i just typed a whole new update and when i submitted it kept bringing this error page...i had to type that update 2ce and it would'nt post. i was even suprised that i was able to post this. help o...
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by Bluefish7(m): 11:56am On Aug 11, 2018
Dia shu b a way out, lemmie kurmunik8 wit dem iya
eyin iya o!!!
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by YINKS89(m): 12:01pm On Aug 11, 2018
@ayoxander snd the post to my mail...Ill help you post it
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by tommyopera: 11:07pm On Aug 11, 2018
Ayoxander:
Please maam and sir in the auz. i don't know what i did o. since yesterday, av been banned and all attempt to post has not been possible. i just typed a whole new update and when i submitted it kept bringing this error page...i had to type that update 2ce and it would'nt post. i was even suprised that i was able to post this. help o...

it's because you just beating around the bush in the story, just go straight to the point and purpose of the story and stop parabulating. Nice story though
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by Ayoxander: 1:43pm On Aug 13, 2018
Hello world!

Am terribly sorry for my long absence which I can't begin to justify right now. I can only plead for your forgiveness especially from those that had so much faith in me, and promise not to let that happen again.
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by seuncyber(m): 2:10pm On Aug 13, 2018
More update oh
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by Ayoxander: 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2018
your observation is noted @ tommyopera
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by Ayoxander: 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2018
Tolu

Toh sleek was her appelation, and she looked every inch her name. This fair in complexon paragon of beauty epitomises a combination of character, beauty, humbleness of spirit, resilence and patience. She is the kind of girl any guy would want to walk down the isle, although, the man should be prepared to eat only noodles, salad and the likes and be ready to forgo foods like pounded yam, amala, fufu and all the efo ririo them.

By these, I don't in any way suggest thatshe does not know how to cook o, but instead, she is not the regular kitchen material assest but a princess to be preserved in a fridge out of the scrouching and degrading hands of the fiery sun.

Have you watched jenifer's diary, If no, abeg go ad watch it, anuyonw who has not watched it deserves three resounding knocks on the head. But if you have watched it, it only go on to show you no get work, yelz kee. If you have watched it o jare, sebi you know Kiki, yes the same kiki, If you do, then analyse kiki and you have toh sleek except that Kiki is dark and toh sleek is fair as a ripened pumpkin.

She looks and acts mush is a not so mushy kind of way. if yes, then you are a genius, if no, I don't know how else to describe am o. Anyway, She got me wondering if she be ajebo, Because she has a cool, reserved demour like I said but i was later to find out that her prim nature is only as a result of the kind of life she was used to. Although, to someone meeting her for the first time and does not really know her, it might be concluded that she is a snob.

Despite all this olympain, abi na mercurian standards of hers, She's got a cheeky side and a somewhat naughty and childlike playful side to her too. A real price for the man that eventually wins over the heart of hers.

Sisi Tito

She was from a private university in Ibadan and not to boast about it, near my primary school, Yelz ke, I attended a poshy posh school, in the leagues of the Loyola, Coronas, abeg he yaf do before I remve teeth, how many I get before sef.

So how do I describe this Alahja for you. Well she is not so tall, fair, cute, awesme, infact she is so put together for a mother of one, Yes she has a boy. Well, let me stop there before you guys start to think something else, but see as me sef dey describe married woman.

She calls me darkie, unlike the cholate, fresh, ebony and some other old adjecives I was used to hearing. I loved it though. How do I describe my amazingly dark complexion, ok, easy, If you have watched Jenefer's diary for the uptenth time, My darkie is like Kiki's darkie type, muah, you gotta love it, less maintainace, optimum advantage. She also calls me pumpkin, please can anyone tell me what she means.

Temitope

I personally nicknamed her Nora because ahe was always with a Nora Roberts novel anytime I saw her, even when she wasn't reading one , any book she held was always interpreted by my brain subconciously as a Nora Robert book. it got to a stage that whenever I see Temitope, or hear her speak, Temitope's image is what I see.

If you hear,"I cannot come and kee myself", then you know her aleady. She no like stress at all and she dresses to kill, comports herself nice but don't be decieved, behind all that facade lies a not so prim side,

I noticed she built a kind of barrier like a firewall to shield her heart, I have not known any guy who has sucessfully broken down that shield she put up. God go punish the stupid guy wey break her heart come turn her to monster she has no mission other than making the menfolk suffer, makind her "beauty de terrible".

I no dey pass my boundary near her make I no go chop kissing, sorry yabbing. Little womder she can cope with her namesake Temilade. Both of them have this uncanny ability to shade and at the right time too. I remember on one occassion when someone brought ladies panties for sale at the lab and Nora had helped the person advertise. I moved near and asked her how much they were worth, in a seducing voice she had replied "N1000", out of suprise I exclaimed and asked "for what". Calmly and with scorn she merely hissed and said "for pop-corn, miser". Everyone had laughed me to death that day even pastor.

I had a hard time distinguishing between both her and her namesake and had to chant a mantra to myself before i actually had it figure out. More like, Temitope - tall, temilade - less tall ( so as not to use short for the fear of Lade signifies that you are startint to be wise.

Prince
A.k.a world famous. LIke they will say "if you sabi person, you be sabi person, if you no sabi person, you no be sabi person". Prince was actually a sabi person. Whoever didn't know this fellow at the hospital we did our SIWES ought to go for a lie detector test, and am ready to swear by my left ball that He or she was certain t fail.
The ever erudite fellow was known for his exhaustic epistle which do not fail to neutralize and emulsify the strongest and harsest of comments.

Let me tell you an open secret about this tall, fair and bold comrade, He is related to the present ooni of ife by blood and well versed in customs and traditions of yoruba land too. Ever since I met him, I have satarted to realise the reason why people say you would know a potential leader or future politicain right from their school days.

Joshua
The bet9ja guy, He was always anticipating a win, this tall lanky fellow looked prim but on closer acquintance, you'd realise that under that demour. He really is outspoken, stubborn, proud, cocky and would always want to do things his way.

Don't get me wrong, , I am not his enemy o but the first time we talked, we fought. By anb by He was the one that made me know that boxing can also be bet on bet9ja.

Gift
She tall, slim, and cholate skined lady would always mind her own business and keep quiet but when when when provoked like a snake, she'd strike back with a much greater venom. She sees every enemy as a snake and in her own opinion, the only good snake is a dead snake.

She can yab anybody when in the mood, I mean anybody and she never passes over any opportunity whenever it presents itself. An episode stands out, this happened when we were at the old lab. before moving to a more renovated one. Something had led to another, I am not in a position to tell what happened before I was not present when it started.

Jenifer and Gift got at it and between you and I, it turned out to be a one way thing. Ah! she really yab bisola, Bisola was quiet the whole of that day, which we all knew was in an effort not to shed tears. I did not say she wanted to cry o, haba, una get yeye mind sha.

Bintu

If you keep a meat with a cat, it is safer than keeping a bowl of well cooked food with bintu a.k.a Adaku the name is courtesy Jenifer. even if she eats five times a day, she will still claim not to have eaten much. In other words, she is a foodie. She will say she does not like food, whereas she go bring cooler come school , finish the food, come buy join.

peter

He was the one with all the connections, the P.A to Oga, personal assistant to Bro. Samuel. I was in awe initially because he knew almost everyone at the hospital. Quiet easy going but can talk enh. Amazing also is the fact that he can seem to morph from spirit coco to a down to earth personality.

Bro. Samuel

while we were doing our I.T, He was running his masters degree. And if I can remember, on a part time basis but in all honesty, He was such a brillant dude (If I acn call him a dude), and an humble chap too (see as i dey call my egbon anyhow). well, that shows how much He took everyone to be his equal among us then but this did nothing to diminish the level of respect we had for him.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by Ayoxander: 4:47pm On Aug 13, 2018
Update is here oooo.
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by Ayoxander: 8:40pm On Aug 13, 2018
pls. o, seems u guys are still angry. just forgive and let bygones be bygones. pls. show some love now. like, comment, share and correct where necessary. promise regular updates.
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by kovic7(m): 10:48pm On Aug 13, 2018
how are we supposed to keep all this descriptions and names by heart when the updates are few and far between?
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by Ayoxander: 6:50am On Aug 14, 2018
@ kovic7, i'll try to bring a kind of regular reminders. And abt the updates, expect regular updates unlike be4. an update coming up soon.
kovic7:
how are we supposed to keep all this descriptions and names by heart when the updates are few and far between?
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by Ayoxander: 2:40pm On Aug 14, 2018
chapter 2 (Choosing a place of assignment)

I have come to realize that in this life, if something is easy, then it might not be worth it, if it is worth it, then it might not be easy. So I say when faced with a difficult decision, just close your eyes, take stock of the situation and make a choice, you'd rarely be wrong, but when you have taken the decision, burn all bridges behind you and focus 101%, for that way you'd not look left or right or even fall back, for the only way will be forward.

Even before we finished the first semester of our 300 level, the main focus was our industrial training program. our lecturers and predecessors gave us different ideas and opinions on what to do, where to go and how to behave. By the second month of resumption, we were handed our industrial training forms, letter of introduction and told to submit our bank details that we were going to be given certain amount of money as stipends to compensate us for the work we were to do. Till today, over a year and a half, I never see money o. That only shows the kind of fate that awaits graduates at the end of their sojourn in the university, if they can be owing us money now while in school, what about after we finish. maybe entrepreneurship is really the way, but as for me o.I just dey pity the person wey hang my own money for hand, dem no dey chop ijebu man money o, the thunder that will use the person to dance shaku shaku is somewhere receiving tutorials from sango.

3 weeks before the programme was to commence, the focus shifted away from academics, everyone started asking their friends the popular question; "have you secured an I.T placement?". "Where are you doing your I.T?". Most of them will reply "I don't have an anywhere yet o, can you help me get one?". The same people that told you they have nowhere to do their I.T, might have already gotten 3 different slots somewhere o, human beings and lying is like two sided coin, don't even ask me what it means, even me sef no sabi am.

There was this particular girl that got accepted at cadbury through her dad's influence but declined because company said she was to follow due process like everyone else. That is, she has to write the a kind of test and interview. The dad was pissed off and promptly took her to Dangote where she was accepted through the back door. I just dey one corner dey pity myself, chai, person wey get head no get cap, person wey get cap no get head.

On my own, I was having a hard time making up my mind, the thing about microbiology as a course is that you can work virtually anywhere and with that it becomes harder to make up your mind. I was at a crossroad, which do I choose, there was a common knowledge that most of those reading microbiology did not set out to study microbiology, that the Nigeria palaver and the course the school gave to them made them choose study it, and since they could not afford to pay the exorbitant fees to bribe their way for medicine and surgery or afford to stay at home longer they promptly accept it. I was in this class of students, and since I still had a passion for medicine, medical microbiology was the way. But the downside was that, if you are after money and not really passionate about it, you are bound to be frustrated by the meager incentives paid to junior worker and the continual feud going on between the doctors and medical microbiologist and even the medical laboratory scientists. So best avoid this area for the money at least the naija factor.

Industrial microbiology if you are after money and you love a routinized work. Food microbiology if you are the smart type that want to use one stone to kill two birds, that is you love food and at the same time you love money. Environmental microbiology if you love expolaration and adventure.

If your papa na farmer and you get small experience in agric or you were made the labour prefect in secondary school, then agricultural microbiology is an option. If your head is heavy and you can cram big words; mycology all the way. Back then in school, this course can confuse the lecturer in charge of it. if you want to make innovations and have no fear of what HIV, lassa fever and ebola can do, then virology is the way forward. But to me, why trouble go sleep im own jeje, wey you go dey use stick poke am. it is only if they agree pay me 1 million naira , I mean 1 million dollars before I can do it. Reason be say naija never mature reach to dey follow virus drag matter, biko, my life dey important to me.

But like I said if better money is involved, am ready for anything, iyalaya virus, one thing will surely kill a man. iyalaya mycology, i will cram the english terminologies, the greek ones, the latin ones, the french ones and if he get arabic one, that one no be issue, no be person write those terms before, wetin I dey take my head do.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by Ayoxander: 2:41pm On Aug 14, 2018
More update coming..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by YINKS89(m): 5:21am On Aug 15, 2018
Weldone boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by Ayoxander: 6:30am On Aug 15, 2018
Thanks boss. u are mouthed.
YINKS89:
Weldone boss
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by seuncyber(m): 12:06am On Aug 19, 2018
More update oh please
Re: Face Me I Face You: A 6-Month I.T Chronicles by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2018
Ayoxander if you know what's good for you "u" beta mention me when u drop update or u will slow down a......

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Heart Full Of Thorns (a Short Story) / My Monster / Sokodobo Wins October 5K Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.