Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates (36906 Views)

Atiku Abubakar World Press Conference (Live Update) / Live Broadcast: Nnamdi Kanu's World Press Broadcast From Jerusalem / Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by TempleChinedum(m): 12:44pm On Aug 08, 2018
@LadiesGistOfficial

Distinguished Senators, Honorable members of the @HouseNGR and gentlemen of the Press are seated in anticipation of the Press Conference by the Senate President, @bukolasaraki.
#WorldPressConference

This Live Update is brought to you by LadiesGist.com

Watch Video Below:

https://www.facebook.com/bukola.saraki/videos/10156630883819962/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by TempleChinedum(m): 12:45pm On Aug 08, 2018
Senate President, @bukolasaraki and Speaker, @YakubDogara leads the Principal Officers for the #WorldPressConference.

Tread is brought to you, courtesy of : www.ladiesgist.com

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by TempleChinedum(m): 12:45pm On Aug 08, 2018
Senate President, @bukolasaraki welcomes Distinguished Senators, members of the @HouseNGR and gentlemen of the Press for honoring the invitation.
#WorldPressConference

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by TempleChinedum(m): 12:46pm On Aug 08, 2018
"It is a matter of record that yesterday, lawmakers and staff of the National Assembly were prevented from entering the @nassnigeria Complex by heavily armed security agents of the Department of State Services (DSS). All entries to the Complex were blocked."- SP, @bukolasaraki

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by TempleChinedum(m): 12:46pm On Aug 08, 2018
"The National Assembly, the seat of democracy in Nigeria, was under lockdown. Senators and Members of the House of Representatives were prevented from gaining access."- Senate President, @bukolasaraki
#WorldPressConference

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2018
omo babaoloye playing his politics well with wisdom.the fg keep making him popular. pdp power. omo babaoloye is still the senate president till 2019 general election. he has even said that the executive should sign Inec amendment bill.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Ndonu101: 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2018
why did Channels TV go off air?

Nigeria is a very backward country I tell you

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by bedspread: 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2018
Following
INDEED it was a Show a Shame

4 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by TempleChinedum(m): 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2018
"The ensuing standoff was a show of shame that played itself out over several hours in full view of the country. In no circumstances should this have happened. And we as a nation reaped the bitter fruits instantaneously..."-SP, @bukolasaraki
#WorldPressConference

"...as evident in media images relayed around the world, images that shame us as a democratic nation. The siege was also an act of cowardice by those seeking to carry out an illegal impeachment of the leadership of the Senate in flagrant disregard of the law."- SP, @bukolasaraki

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by NobleView(m): 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2018
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by TempleChinedum(m): 12:48pm On Aug 08, 2018
"People who seek control at all costs, by whatever means, never minding the injury to democratic norms. I have to say that this is not about me – Abubakar Bukola Saraki as an individual. It is not about Ike Ekweremadu, nor is it about Yakubu Dogara." - SP, @bukolasaraki

"I am speaking for my colleagues when I say that this is about the soul of Nigeria, what we represent as a country, and our standing in the comity of nations. This is a country where so much is expected of us..."- Senate President, @bukolasaraki
#WorldPressConference

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 12:48pm On Aug 08, 2018
the executive arm of government should quickly sign the Inec amendment election sequence bill to law.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by TempleChinedum(m): 12:49pm On Aug 08, 2018
"...so many rungs of the ladder that we are supposed to have ascended as a nation. Instead we are wallowing in impunity and illegal show of force, all of which retard our progress. This is most disheartening. I don’t get any joy in saying: I said so. I don’t."- SP, @bukolasaraki

"However, some of you may recall that about two years ago, I stated that there was a government within this government, to a purpose that was not in the interest of what the people voted for. I said it then, and now we are beginning..."-SP, @bukolasaraki
#WorldPressConference
"...to see the manifestations of that government within a government. It beats one’s imagination how the head of an agency could have authorized the brazen assault on the legislature that we saw yesterday."-SP, @bukolasaraki #WorldPressConference

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Racoon(m): 12:49pm On Aug 08, 2018
"...so many rungs of the ladder that we are supposed to have ascended as a nation. Instead we are wallowing in impunity and illegal show of force, all of which slowpoke our progress. This is most disheartening. I don’t get any joy in saying: I said so. I don’t."

"However, some of you may recall that about two years ago, I stated that there was a government within this government, to a purpose that was not in the interest of what the people voted for. I said it then, and now we are beginning to see the manifestations of that government within a government.
It beats one’s imagination how the head of an agency could have authorized the brazen assault on the legislature that we saw yesterday."-SP, @bukolasaraki

Words spoken! undecided undecided undecided

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:49pm On Aug 08, 2018
Omo Baba Oloye showing them how politics ius played.I hope Tinubu is watching and taking lesson notes cool cool cool

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by TempleChinedum(m): 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2018
"Despite the threat to our lives, we shall continue to fight impunity and injustice in this country. Happily, by the actions that Nigerians took yesterday, they demonstrated our strong resolve as a nation not to give ground to oppression."-SP, @bukolasaraki #WorldPressConference

"The legislature, more than any other institution in this country, more than any other arm of govt. represents the will of the people. We are elected by the people, & an assault on the legislature is an assault on the people of Nigeria." - SP, @bukolasaraki
#WorldPressConference

"The forcible shutdown of the legislature was an unconscionable assault on a national institution, and thanks to all your efforts, the aggressors have been put to shame. The resistance mounted by staff of the National Assembly..."-SP, @bukolasaraki
#WorldPressConference

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by chriskosherbal(m): 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2018
Following ......
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by gentlegenius(m): 12:51pm On Aug 08, 2018
I lost every hope in buhari's administration when I begin to notice his desperation to perpetuate himself in office. #powerdrunkleaders.

How can buhari budget 242 billion Naira for election??. When we know too well that his desperation to remain in power will override the fairness of the election.

Nigeria population is approximately 180 million.

Abeg We don't want election in 2019 again. Buhari pls Just share the money, 1.344m for each person, and continue your second tenure...

If you are with me pls Share...�

39 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by TempleChinedum(m): 12:51pm On Aug 08, 2018
"...my colleagues in both chambers and Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) who refused to leave the entrance of this Complex until the siege was broken, strengthens my faith in the people of this country."-Senate President, @bukolasaraki
#WorldPressConference

"The rain fell, the sun rose, but Nigerians stood their ground in defence of democracy. With the strength of will demonstrated by everyone against unwarranted and unconstitutional militaristic might, the siege could not stand."-Senate President @bukolasaraki #WorldPressConference

"By this, we have shown that Nigerians can resist government within government in whatever guise, and this is humbling for me. Those who sought to attack the National Assembly under my leadership..."-Senate President, @bukolasaraki
#WorldPressConference

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Ezenwammadu(m): 12:51pm On Aug 08, 2018
God bless saraki the defender of democracy

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by TempleChinedum(m): 12:52pm On Aug 08, 2018
"...for their selfish ends have only affirmed my belief in this country. They attempted to execute an illegal impeachment of the leadership of the Senate without the backing of the law, but they faltered."-Senate President, @bukolasaraki #WorldPressConference

"I am confident that, together, we shall always defeat acts of unconstitutionality. The rule of law shall always prevail."- Senate President, @bukolasaraki #WorldPressConference

"I thank the thousands who monitored the situation on radio, television & social media, voicing their outrage at the siege, thereby sending a clear message to those that hatched the plot that the Nigerian public would not buy this..."-SP, @bukolasaraki
#WorldPressConference

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Issakendrick: 12:52pm On Aug 08, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Uchenaija: 12:54pm On Aug 08, 2018
Nigeria, My Nigeria cry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by abokibuhari: 12:54pm On Aug 08, 2018
God bless saraki

God bless the PDP

Tears rolling down from my eyes, had is been he wasn't on that seat, Nigerians would have all gone to exile

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by IllegalMoney: 12:55pm On Aug 08, 2018
Saraki baba nla

3 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by famology(m): 12:58pm On Aug 08, 2018
Johnnyessence:
the executive arm of government should quickly sign the Inec amendment election sequence bill to law.

I'm sure you're not informed enough to know that the election sequence part of the bill was removed in the new version sent to the president for assent.

2 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2018
APC with failure are just same. Ordinary coup against NASS they could not execute. What a failed presidency. ... and they want to be re-elected to continue this stupidity .. mtcheeeew! .

Bunch of failures!!!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by fallout87: 1:07pm On Aug 08, 2018
Well said by Saraki.

They planned this coup and planned to have all the troubles fall on Osinbajo.

What a wicked and evil party with a wicked and evil ruler Buhari.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Iamgrey5(m): 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2018
There was no foreign press present

Saraki was dumbfounded when asked about Apkabio grin

A very partisan press conference

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 1:11pm On Aug 08, 2018
famology:

I'm sure you're not informed enough to know that the election sequence part of the bill was removed in the new version sent to the president for assent.
it wasn't remove at all. it was passed to the executive arm of government to assent the bill.

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by TempleChinedum(m): 1:12pm On Aug 08, 2018
"...act of gangsterism using instruments of state such as the DSS. I also thank the international community-particularly the European Union-& the international press, for their prompt reactions to the invasion of the National Assembly."-SP, @bukolasaraki
#WorldPressConference

"CSOs and Socio-cultural groups were emphatic in their statements during the crisis, and we very much appreciate their vigilance. Among the many that come up for special mention..."-Senate President, @bukolasaraki
#WorldPressConference

"...I believe that Honourable Boma Goodhead, a member of the House of Representatives, stands out. She looked a masked security operative in the eye and dared him to shoot. She let it be known that Nigerians would not stand for..."-SP, @bukolasaraki #WorldPressConference

"...the barricade at the National Assembly, that we would not be cowed. It was another pointer to what is possible in this country when women take their place in leadership. I applaud all who kicked against the atrocity & who stood firm until sanity prevailed."-SP, @bukolasaraki

"I am proud of how everyone conducted themselves in what was no doubt a tense standoff. The principled stance and defiant reactions to the ugly incident, proved crucial to the failure of the plot."-Senate President, @bukolasaraki #WorldPressConference

"This is what we have been saying about the power of the people. The role of the people in defending democracy is paramount. I thank the Acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, for his handling of the situation we were all confronted..."-SP, @bukolasaraki #WorldPressConference

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo: Mass Defection From APC is End-of-the-Road Signpost For Ize-Iyamu – PDP / Governor Ganduje Suspends Salihu Yakasai For Criticising Buhari Over #EndSARS / How Kaduna APC Delegates Reacted To Tinubu Vs Amaechi (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.