Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Nigerains Reacts After Lady Alleges Police Refused To Save Her From Robbers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerains Reacts After Lady Alleges Police Refused To Save Her From Robbers (300 Views)

Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered / Offa Robbery: Policemen Took N400,000 Bribe From Robbers Before Robbery-Vanguard / Man Recovers His Stolen Vehicle From Robbers. See The Condition He Found It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerains Reacts After Lady Alleges Police Refused To Save Her From Robbers by EmagNig(m): 2:29pm On Aug 08, 2018
Angry Nigerians have taken to twitter to narrate their bitter experiences with the Nigeria police officers.

This was coming after a lady alleged that policemen refused to help her, even though they were present when her bag was stolen in front of Panti Police Station.

The Twitter user, Eniola Toluwalase, @T_oluwalase, said about ten armed policemen witnessed her bag being stolen in front of the station.

“My bag was hijacked this morning by 6am directly in front of the Panti police station. About 10 armed policemen witnessed it. I begged them to chase the guy since their truck was there. They said they are going somewhere and I need to go lodge a complaint inside the station,” Toluwalase revealed.

According to a report gathered by The Punch, other Nigerians especially Lagos residents on Twitter have been sharing their own experience;

Chronicle@ristoflex revealed that rather than get help from police, when his phone was stolen at Ikeja, he said the policemen present told him,”welcome to Lagos.”

“Not surprised. A guy once snatched my phone at Ikeja under bridge in front of two policemen. They were laughing at me and said welcome to Lagos. I was more pained by the acts of the officers than the phone stolen.”

Another Twitter user, Deji Bankole @IamDejiBankole added his experience, he said, “About to 3 years ago my phone was snatched in Oshodi right in front of some policemen. They just looked the other way. Immediately I went after the guy. He didn’t believe I was could catch up. He dropped my phone only to pass by the same policemen & they asked “you get am”. Crazy folks!”

Laure @lorelle92 was laughed at by policemen when she went into their station to report a matter; “Like the time I went to report a very serious issue and they laughed at me saying ‘leave am, e be like say she fight with her boyfriend.'”

Elliot the photographer @Ovadje_El, said his bag was stolen too, “Exactly what happened to me last year during the local govt election. I was robbed. The police carried me cross the Carter bridge, instead of going after the thief, they ask me to go to Iponri police station to lay complain and they drove off.”

https://lailasnews.com/nigerians-share-experiences-as-lady-alleges-police-refused-to-save-her-from-robbers/

lalasticlala

Re: Nigerains Reacts After Lady Alleges Police Refused To Save Her From Robbers by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 08, 2018
When i went to lodge a complaint at the police station at akinpelu oshodi some years ago over a fraud case against me the police officer asked for #2k mobilisation fee.He told me that the police station was not a market place where i should just come and price goods without buying them.
Re: Nigerains Reacts After Lady Alleges Police Refused To Save Her From Robbers by troublemakea(m): 2:41pm On Aug 08, 2018
React as much as you wan
Nigerian police will forever remain useless

(1) (Reply)

Farmer Punches Lover’s Mother To Death In Ondo / Coalition Besieges Police Hq, Demands Premiumtimes Reporter, Ogundipe’s Release / Photos Of A Baby Girl Abandoned In The Bush By Mother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.