Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,446,775 members, 5,511,328 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 April 2020 at 03:17 PM

Burned - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Burned (134758 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burned by kimoyo: 6:01pm On Sep 03, 2018
Felicity felicity felicity

1 Like

Re: Burned by Leesah(f): 6:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
IT'S not Valentino, neither is it Victoria. Who could it be?? More data Gianaaaaaa and more updates too

2 Likes

Re: Burned by Pearl05(f): 7:02pm On Sep 03, 2018
I won't say anything yet but am not cool with velentino.

What kind of business does he has in ph? It might be that he has another family that is aware of Halal's profile and they making sure she doesn't have a baby.

Ginaaaaaa come unveil this mystery.

1 Like

Re: Burned by Giannaaaaaa: 7:41pm On Sep 03, 2018
Available only on Okada books

14 Likes

Re: Burned by skubido(m): 8:04pm On Sep 03, 2018
OP tanks a lot for the update ooooooo
Re: Burned by aytuns(m): 8:31pm On Sep 03, 2018
Please respect good writers.. Now you've delved into medicine and pharmacology... Respect for you Giana

2 Likes

Re: Burned by WHOcarex: 8:59pm On Sep 03, 2018
Op, the age you use is unrealistic smiley

1 Like

Re: Burned by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 03, 2018
Gianaaaaaa! Nwa baby with the freshest updates!
I heart you joor ❤❤❤

1 Like

Re: Burned by oyinella(f): 10:31pm On Sep 03, 2018
Halal has a cousin that hates her, that girl might just be up to something

1 Like

Re: Burned by Omarizworld: 10:52pm On Sep 03, 2018
I feel the lady who bought her wedding dress and her wedding band has a hand in this.

1 Like

Re: Burned by Opeade939(f): 12:07am On Sep 04, 2018
Hmmmm.......Eva comes to mind,Ion trust her. Gianaaaaaa,Thumbs up dear....The sky is ya starting point.

1 Like

Re: Burned by Giannaaaaaa: 11:21am On Sep 04, 2018

3 Likes

Re: Burned by kaypap93: 12:58pm On Sep 04, 2018
who's Eva please? where was she mentioned?

1 Like

Re: Burned by Chumzypinky(f): 2:18pm On Sep 04, 2018
kaypap93:
who's Eva please? where was she mentioned?
Evangeline.. Halal's cousin who called to ask for d wristwatch her aunt, Evangeline's mother gave to her
Re: Burned by PraisesG(f): 3:43pm On Sep 04, 2018
Boring day,please Gianaa update more.

1 Like

Re: Burned by VeeAbuede(f): 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2018
Giannaaaaaa how you dey? This one that you decided to give us ONLY ONE post all day, i'm sure you're gonna compensate us with plenty back-to-back updates later ooo grin
Re: Burned by MrsEvakinqz(m): 6:28pm On Sep 04, 2018
Leesah:
IT'S not Valentino, neither is it Victoria. Who could it be?? More data Gianaaaaaa and more updates too
More data indeed, the suspense is just worth it.... Gianaaaaaaa you are f*cking good..

1 Like

Re: Burned by iamochyglows: 10:33pm On Sep 04, 2018
It's my first time commenting on any of your stories. And I can say I'm in love with your works. The way you drop your updates alone, is enough to make me fall in love with the story. Well done dear. Please people, let's vote her this month. She deserves it

1 Like

Re: Burned by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 05, 2018
Hello

I didn't can't make any updates today with my other account because Nairaland is dishing me some Restrictions I guess. So I can't make posts, comments or anything and I don't know for how long this will go on. So if there are no posts again today, or tomorrow, or the next, It means it has not been sorted out. Thanks for understanding.

Gianna

2 Likes

Re: Burned by Fijumokesayo(f): 8:14am On Sep 05, 2018
Sorry about that, i pray it will be sorted out soon. Can you pls update with this acct?

1 Like

Re: Burned by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 05, 2018
Yes, If it's not sorted out today, I'll have to update with that tomorrow.
Fijumokesayo:
Sorry about that, i pray it will be sorted out soon. Can you pls update with this acct?
Re: Burned by yewande1234(f): 9:19am On Sep 05, 2018
Cc: Obinnau
Pls unban Giannaaaaaa and unhide the post
Re: Burned by skubido(m): 9:26am On Sep 05, 2018
OP tanks for that, u too much.. Admin sha, God will touch their heart, to do what they need to do in time..
Re: Burned by oyinella(f): 10:46am On Sep 05, 2018
Divepen1 please come and help us out here
Re: Burned by Divepen1(m): 11:26am On Sep 05, 2018
oyinella:
Divepen1 please come and help us out here
Done ma
Re: Burned by Giannaaaaaa: 11:35am On Sep 05, 2018
smiley Thank you so much!!!!!
Divepen1:
Done ma
Re: Burned by VeeAbuede(f): 11:57am On Sep 05, 2018
Giannaaaaaa:
IV

Halal called Darrell twice the next morning but he still didn't pick up, he didn't even text her back when she sent him a text.

She wondered if she was trying too hard and decided to call Daria. Daria picked up almost immediately. "Hey D, are you busy?" Halal asked.
"No, but I'm not supposed to talk to your or anyone else today.  Femi decided we should have Femi and Daria time today, he even took the kids to his sister. I've got to go now, he insisted we put all our phones away. He's downstairs now, he went to get a bottle of wine" Daria whispered.

"Oh... I'm sorry" Halal muttered feeling bereft. "Got to go now, I think I hear him coming" Daria dropped immediately.

i'm guessing this is the post that was hidden cos it just popped up after i refreshed my browser a while back. Anyways, Giannaaaaaa sha wan show us sey she sabi French. Now i'll be forced to use Google Translate in other to understand this post... sad sad sad
Re: Burned by Giannaaaaaa: 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2018

1 Like

Re: Burned by Pearl05(f): 1:01pm On Sep 05, 2018
Please am lost. All those stuff you posted in French, is giving me headache already.

Let me assume she went for the interview and got the job.

Please always give us the English translation

2 Likes

Re: Burned by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 05, 2018
Hi, just being curious. Does Nairaland have some restriction about posting things in non Nigerian language? Cause it seems like everytime I post something in French it automatically stops me from posting any other thing again.
Divepen1:
Done ma
Re: Burned by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 05, 2018
smiley Alright I'll drop the translation now.
Pearl05:
Please am lost. All those stuff you posted in French, is giving me headache already.

Let me assume she went for the interview and got the job.

Please always give us the English translation
Re: Burned by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 05, 2018
IV

TRANSLATION

The secretary was wearing a sophisticated black jumpsuit and a black blazer,  she had a tight smile on her face. "Monsieur Jacques will see you now" she said to Halal who smiled brightly in return.

She stood up, straightened her cream linen skirt and walked over to the black double doors, she wondered if there was a beast behind the doors.  Every staff she'd seen had been putting on black, that only scared her. 

She walked confidently in to the office with a cool smile on her face. There was no beast there, just a grey haired man sitting behind a mahogany desk, holding a cup of coffee with a huge grin on his face .

"So, you're the angel who applied to help this big idiot" he said a teasing smile on his face. Halal flushed at his compliment "Good afternoon Monsieur Jacques" she said confidently.

"Sit, sit" The man gestured to the chair in front of him and Halal nodded before sitting.

"So, why did you apply for this boring job,  don't you have any thing else to do with your life, don't you want to go clubbing, date fancy rich men like all other pretty girls your age?" The man smiled.

Halal shook her head "No sir,  I'm married. I applied for this job because it's exactly what I need.  Besides I've always liked French, I took summer French classes while I was in high school and in the University" Halal said easily.  Well this was going well,  not as bad as she thought. She wasn't even nervous anymore, she felt at ease with this man.

"Married, interesting. Do you have any children?" He asked really interested now.

Halal shook her head and said nothing more. Monsieur Jacques smiled "I have none myself, due to some mistakes I made early in life" Monsieur Jacques said wistfully.

The man squinted eyeing her face "You know, you look like a girl I used to date back when I was still a playboy. She was Nigerian too, what's your own name?" He asked smiling.

"My name is Halal Abraham" She answered, she could have said Amity but the purpose of her separation from Valentino was to find herself again and not the weakling Valentino had turned her into.

"Halal,  doesn't that have something to do with meat?  I've dated a few Arabs and it has popped up quite a lot" Monsieur Jacques stated.

"Halal means a lot of things, mine means 'to shine' it's Hebrew" Halal said smiling.

Monsieur Jacques smiled back "And you shine so brightly. You know there is something really familiar about you, something I'm used to seeing a lot" he said tapping his fingers on his forehead.

Oh.... "Any way you're hired.  I'm sure you know the job description, I'm a fashion designer and I have a modelling agency here in Nigeria, I also run a magazine. You see my love, this idiot doesn't speak English. As a matter of fact I don't like English, which is why I need a translator. Your job description is simple, you need to be with me at every social function whenever I'm in the country so I don't make a fool out of myself. I don't have any appointments on my schedule today so you resume tomorrow. Whenever I'm not in Nigeria, you're free to do whatever you please till I get back. I'll have my secretary forward my home address to your email, you have to be there by ten o'clock every morning. Every staff wears black because you Nigerians know how to ruin colors, can you imagine someone applied for a job here wearing an orange blouse and a lemon skirt?" He scoffed in disgust.

Halal didn't know how to respond to that so she said nothing. "You my shinning star, will be allowed to wear only white or cream like this lovely skirt you're wearing. I want you to shine always" Monsieur Jacques said causing her to smile.

"We will now discuss your salary, I'll pay you a hundred thousand every month when I'm in the country and the minute I leave Nigeria, you'll be getting fifty instead of a hundred. Any objections?" He asked.

That was very generous, she had no objections at all.  "Thank you very much sir,  you won't regret hiring me" Halal promised.

"I don't doubt that Shiny" he said and waved her away,  saying he had charts to go over.

Halal thanked him again and got up to leave. "You know that husband of yours is a lucky man" Monsieur Jacques remarked before she walked away.

"Thank you sir" she muttered, too bad her husband didn't know just how lucky he was.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (37) (Reply)

WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) / Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi / Delayed Diagnosis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.