Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Breaking! INEC: Protesters Warned INEC To Extend PVC Registration Date. (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking! INEC: Protesters Warned INEC To Extend PVC Registration Date. (photos) (801 Views)

See Nigeria Naira Note With 2026 As Production Date (photos). / Former Militant Egberipapa Warned INEC And Wike Over Rivers Election / 2019 Polls: I Have Warned INEC To Be Free And Fair — Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking! INEC: Protesters Warned INEC To Extend PVC Registration Date. (photos) by whizpet: 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
By Ogunsona Peter.

Nigerians took to street of Abuja on Wednesday, 8th of August 2018 demanding The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to shelve the registration date that has been presumed to close on August 17. The protesters which are majorly youths turned out largely and on their hands were a big banner with an harsh-tag #LetNigeriansVote.

Reacting to to the deadline of the voters registration deadline, Mr. Ariyo Dare described the action as “unimpressive, uncivilized and uncultured", adding that INEC is not following the constitution and the law"

He said, "We have come here to express our concerns and also disagree with the INEC chairman to stop the continuous voters registration. According to constitution, Nigerians should have to continue doing their registration until sixty days to election"

"If INEC has any problem of printing PVC or has faulty and damaged machine, the earliest they can stop is October 16, 2018. What we are saying is that the registration should continue until that date. There are people who will turn Eighteen years after May 29 and they should not be deprived of getting their PVCs. He concluded.

On his part, Mr. Omoyele Sowore the young and vibrant presidential candidate who had single handedly done over sixty town hall meetings in the country with huge crowds present in the hall including Zamfara state, the second most deadly killing state in Nigeria after Borno state said

"We are here today to make a very strong statement. We are here to disorganized the system that have been holding us to ransom and the only way we can do it is to register massively and vote the corrupt politicians out in 2019.

"If we are denied to get our voters card, we will be denied to get the opportunity to vote comes 2019 general election and we have come to INEC not to beg but to serve them the notice to do this according to the law. We must vote the enemies of democracy out of power and the only way we can do this is to get this PVC.

The publisher of the renowned Sahara Reporters whom had stir the atmosphere in the last few weeks by pulling massive crowds to him just because some youths believes he is young, visionary and credible to be the next President of Nigeria concluded that,

"I want to urge INEC to be creative and be commonsensical because they can see that Nigerians are turning Eighteen everyday. So, registration should be everyday for Nigerians.

We must also start making preparations for Nigerians in any part of the world to register and vote anywhere they are, I strongly believe it's the only way we can flush out the dead woods in our democratic system."

Present at the rally were Kingsly Moghalu, the convener of "OurMumuDonDo" Mr Charles Oputa among others.

1 Like

Re: Breaking! INEC: Protesters Warned INEC To Extend PVC Registration Date. (photos) by amamahdaniel(m): 4:15pm On Aug 08, 2018
It does not take 5 minutes to get your voters card. Any individual that has not collect his or her voters card. They are the lazy youths in this country.

1 Like

Re: Breaking! INEC: Protesters Warned INEC To Extend PVC Registration Date. (photos) by Mrmoore14(m): 5:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
amamahdaniel:
It does not take 5 minutes to get your voters card. Any individual that has not collect his or her voters card. They are the lazy youths in this country.
dont be so sure... many things can possibly result to it like distance

4 Likes

Re: Breaking! INEC: Protesters Warned INEC To Extend PVC Registration Date. (photos) by earnvest: 12:10am On Aug 09, 2018
amamahdaniel:

What happens to people who turn 18 after August 18th? Shouldn't they be given the chance to exercise their franchise?

2 Likes

Re: Breaking! INEC: Protesters Warned INEC To Extend PVC Registration Date. (photos) by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 09, 2018

Apart from those people that are just clocking 18, No sensible Nigerian will be waiting for this last minute before registering for PVC.

Sowore, the internet presidential aspirant is also there with his puppet, Charley Boy the area nuisance. I can't see the jobless and failed politician bearing Deji Adeyanju among them, maybe that one is on leave from public display of idiocy.

See how they are so engrossed with the selfie they are taking as if that is more important than the message they are trying to pass. There is nothing Joblessness and Laziness won't cause in this country undecided undecided

Re: Breaking! INEC: Protesters Warned INEC To Extend PVC Registration Date. (photos) by StillX10(m): 3:51am On Aug 09, 2018
second, INEC should extend the date

1 Like

Re: Breaking! INEC: Protesters Warned INEC To Extend PVC Registration Date. (photos) by whizpet: 11:26am On Aug 09, 2018
amamahdaniel:
they are lazy because INEC don't release their PVCs? They are lazy because they casued INEC machine not to function well? we are the problem in this country.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking! INEC: Protesters Warned INEC To Extend PVC Registration Date. (photos) by whizpet: 11:29am On Aug 09, 2018
Mrmoore14:
dont be so sure... many things can possibly result to it like distance
Don't mind him. INEC staffs that will resume office by 11am and close by 2pm. they will tell the poeple if they eventually met them ate the office that the machine is not working.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking! INEC: Protesters Warned INEC To Extend PVC Registration Date. (photos) by whizpet: 11:31am On Aug 09, 2018
earnvest:

What happens to people who turn 18 after August 18th? Shouldn't they be given the chance to exercise their franchise?
Thank you for this post. INEC should do the needful. It's the right of every Nigerians that has clocked 18 years to vote for the candidate of their choice in this country.
Re: Breaking! INEC: Protesters Warned INEC To Extend PVC Registration Date. (photos) by Bluezy13(m): 12:06pm On Aug 09, 2018
StillX10:
second, INEC should extend the date

Go get your PVC!!!
Re: Breaking! INEC: Protesters Warned INEC To Extend PVC Registration Date. (photos) by StillX10(m): 12:07pm On Aug 09, 2018
Bluezy13:

Go get your PVC!!!
OK sir
Re: Breaking! INEC: Protesters Warned INEC To Extend PVC Registration Date. (photos) by whizpet: 10:44am On Aug 10, 2018
Bluezy13:

Go get your PVC!!!

Hurry up!
Re: Breaking! INEC: Protesters Warned INEC To Extend PVC Registration Date. (photos) by Mrmoore14(m): 5:33am On Aug 11, 2018
whizpet:
Don't mind him. INEC staffs that will resume office by 11am and close by 2pm. they will tell the poeple if they eventually met them ate the office that the machine is not working.
I even misplaced my own recently and hoping to get one in this sallah break before INEC reassured the fraudulent stoppage of the registration and don't knw if I can register anywhere and use it in my state as per transfer of card.
Re: Breaking! INEC: Protesters Warned INEC To Extend PVC Registration Date. (photos) by Dumdumfashion(f): 5:59am On Aug 11, 2018
Here in Anambra you have to bribe your way around to get registered. I am not understanding undecided
Re: Breaking! INEC: Protesters Warned INEC To Extend PVC Registration Date. (photos) by alex81(m): 6:13am On Aug 11, 2018
Any inec center around Ikeja where I can change my polling center I stay at Ikeja GRA.
Re: Breaking! INEC: Protesters Warned INEC To Extend PVC Registration Date. (photos) by alex81(m): 6:15am On Aug 11, 2018
Mrmoore14:
I even misplaced my own recently and hoping to get one in this sallah break before INEC reassured the fraudulent stoppage of the registration and don't knw if I can register anywhere and use it in my state as per transfer of card.
No u can't.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We Were All Forced To Defect To ADC — Lawmakers / Buhari Is So Lifeless, I Regret Meeting Him – Trump / Happening Now: Governor Dankwambo In A Meeting With PDP National Chairman & NWC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.