Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Prisoner Of Love: The Story - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Prisoner Of Love: The Story (67229 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Why I Love The Color Black *a Short Story Of Sexual Abuse* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 7:05pm On Sep 29, 2018
afolabiwunmi:
Mr James please sir can you give us one more episode. I know it's not easy to type, thanks for the love.

bigkuba:
this is getting more interesting, can't wait for the next update

Ann2012:

Good to hear dear
Oga James oya samma us update, ejor Sir

izaray:
I'm fine dear, we need the update jhor wink

Ann2012:

Good to hear dear
Oga James oya samma us update, ejor Sir

excelmerry:
Abeg no leave am for here oo. The suspense too much.

Mtbail:
Mr James the suspense is killing o!!! At least one more episode plsssss.....

toyhin123:
Thanks for d update sir, bt please o don't end today's update here or else u re going to kill me with suspense.

afolabiwunmi:
Mr James please sir can you give us one more episode. I know it's not easy to type, thanks for the love.

Sorry I couldn't oblige yesterday, guys.

But you have it now!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 7:07pm On Sep 29, 2018
Fresh Episode Loading...
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by izaray(f): 7:18pm On Sep 29, 2018
JamesKudooski:

Sorry I couldn't oblige yesterday, guys.

But you hav
Op this was too risky na shocked you need to see how I rushed down here almost hitting my phone on the wall thinking it was an updatey cheesy

More grace and wisdom Sha!

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 7:26pm On Sep 29, 2018
Episode 37 (Chapter 30)

THROUGH THE GLASS DOOR, both Tomiwa and Blessing saw a man ran out frantically of the building on the other side of the road. He was screaming, “Fire! Fire!! Fire!!!” as the building went up in flames! The building was a factory where mattresses and other foam materials were produced. It was situated next to a car shop and few buildings away from a filling station. The mattresses and the foams fuelled the fire aggressively, and within a split second, the fire raged fiercely, letting out a deafening roar and releasing thick, dark clouds of smoke into the atmosphere. In no time, the fire caught the car shop and two of the brand new vehicles exploded in flames. The fire raced menacingly towards the filling station, consuming everything in its path.

The whole place was in commotion and confusion as people ran about helter-skelter. Their fear was well-founded. If the fire got to the filling station before it could be stopped, then an apocalypse was imminent for the area! Tomiwa quickly got up, held Blessing by the hand and they quickly ran out of the eatery. In the midst of the brouhaha, he dialled 112, the emergency number of the state and reported the incident. He was told that they had already received a call about the incident and that fire fighters were on their way.

Tomiwa and Blessing got to a safe place where they continued with their almost-ruined date. They later found out that the fire fighters got to the scene before the fire got to the filling station and were able to put it out but not before it consumed a couple of cars from the car shop and some houses.

The incident that almost put an abrupt end to their date eventually made it one of their most memorable dates ever—really, it would be difficult to forget such a date in a hurry with that terrifying incident.

Meanwhile, two months had passed since Tomiwa broke up with Rachael and she had started becoming very worried because she had not heard from him ever since. After the breakup, she had probably thought it wasn’t going to be different from the previous occasions whereby Tomiwa came back to her after a little persuasion from her mum. However, she was mistaken this time for Tomiwa had not for once looked back; not even a single message or call from him and that was getting her worked up. This sudden complete disappearance of Tomiwa from her life left a void she never realised existed before now.

She rued deeply over the events of the past six months and beyond. She came to the realisation that Bayo could never compare with Tomiwa in all ramifications, especially now that Bayo had started misbehaving. She knew Tomiwa well. She knew Tomiwa loved her beyond limits and could do anything for her. That was why he found it difficult to leave despite all the bad treatment. And that explained why he tried so much to reconcile with her. Now, for Tomiwa to have ignored her for a whole two months said volumes—he must have made up his mind and that would mean she was either losing or had perhaps lost her leverage. Bayo was not and would never be a worthy replacement for Tomiwa. All that was glaring now. He was nothing more than a cunning opportunist who made use of the opportunity to the fullest. Rachael now realised that what she felt for Bayo was only lust and infatuation. As for her real love, it definitely lied with Tomiwa! She knew it now and she was crystal sure.

What was she thinking? How could she have treated the guy that loved her so much like that? How could she have been so naive to throw away her diamond for copper; Tomiwa for Bayo despite all the warnings from her mum, Jerry, Eniola amongst others? Why must she allow the situation to cloud her judgment to this extent? Tomiwa was perfect for her. He had all the attributes she wanted in a husband. His only flaw was that he had the AS genotype which was no fault of his.

Tomiwa, in a bid to safe the relationship, had brought different suggestions. He suggested they visited the National Sickle Cell Centre for counselling after he registered with foundation but she wasn’t forthcoming. At another time, he suggested they went for an adoption but she dismissed the idea the moment the words left his lips. She was too lustfully attached to Bayo to think straight. How could she have shut off all efforts from Tomiwa to make the relationship work? Recently, she met a lady who told her that a treatment for sickle cell anaemia had been discovered; something called bone marrow transplant. And now she felt like tearing herself into shreds for not given Tomiwa the slightest chance.
She wasn’t sure if she could still get him. She only hoped and prayed that she had not lost him permanently. It was time to act and she decided to call Tomiwa.

It was Saturday afternoon and Tomiwa was doing his laundry in preparation for work the following week. His phone rang and he was surprised to see that it was Rachael that was calling. ‘Rachael? Calling me after two months of incommunicado?’ He thought. He picked the call …

“Hello Rachael, Long time, no see.” He answered the phone with the liveliness that surprised Rachael. She had not heard him that lively in the past eight months. That was a sign that he had moved on and she felt terribly pained.

“Hello, Tommy, not even a single call for two months? What have I done that is so bad?” She asked soberly.

What had she done that was so bad? Tomiwa felt like pouring out his mind but on a second thought, he felt it was not necessary. He had gotten a wonderful African Queen and had moved on with his life. So, why open a can of worms? He answered diplomatically.

“Oh, I’m so sorry. I have been busy lately and you know how busy our job can get at times. Don’t worry I will make it up to you.”

Rachael knew he was only using being busy as an excuse. After all, he was usually very busy before now and that never prevented him from talking to her for hours even during the night. His priorities have simply changed; no more, no less.

“Okay ooo. If you say so. Anyway, how are you doing?” She commented.

“I’m doing fine and you?”

“Well, I don’t know if I am fine or not but I know that I am missing you.”

“Mm-hmmm?”

“Yes, I am dead serious …” She said and the line went off; she ran out of call credit. “Oh-oh! Not even a warning that I was running low on credit?” She muttered to herself. “These people can be funny at times!”

She quickly tried recharging from her bank account using the applicable short code but it wasn’t connecting. After several trials and deducting her money without crediting her phone twice, she decided to stop. She waited for Tomiwa to call back but he didn’t. That singular action confirmed to her that she had lost him.

The Tomiwa she knew would usually call back when such occurred. In fact, he wouldn’t even allow her to use her call credit in the first place not to talk of not calling back when it was obvious she ran out of credit in the middle of their conversation. She felt the pain deep in her heart. Later in the evening, after she was able to recharge her phone, she tried Tomiwa some more but he was too busy to pick the calls. The painful part was that he did not return the calls. So painful it was that she gave way to tears. That night she found it difficult to sleep.

The following day, in the afternoon, she called him again. She wasn’t sure he was going to pick the call but he did.

“Hello Rachael, how are you doing?”

“Hello … Not too fine…. I thought you were going to call back yesterday when I ran out of credit in the middle of our discussion.” She said in a voice that lacked any lustre.

“Ehn-ehn … I’m sorry. I thought you had finished talking…” It was obvious he lied.

“But I later called back and you didn’t pick my calls.”

“Sorry, I was busy …”

“Too busy to even call back later?”

“Hmmm … I’m sorry. I promise I will be next person to call first.”

“You promise?” She brightened up a little.

“I promise.”

“Okay, I will be expecting your call. So, when will that be?”

“Hmmm … Well, tomorrow if not tonight.”

“Okay, that will be fine. I will be waiting for the call ooo.” She ended the call with a smile.

She waited for the call and it never came. Each time her phone rang, she strongly hoped it was Tomiwa and each time it was not, her heart squeezed in pain. That happened for the entire week until another weekend came. The past week had been traumatic for her because, with each passing day, it became more obvious that she had lost Tomiwa. Each night, she had cried her eyes out before going to bed. Not even Bayo could cheer her up. In fact, he disgusted her now. He was responsible for her plight.

So, early Saturday morning, she sat up in her bed, thought for a while and dialled Tomiwa’s number. It was her call that woke him up. With sleepy eyes, he picked the call.

“Hello …” He then yawned out loud and continued, “Rachael, waddup? What’s making you call so early in the morning?”

“I woke you up, right?”

“Yes, you did.” He yawned again.

“Sorry about that.”

“It’s okay. So, waddup?”

“You promised to call me last week.”

“Oh, I was …” He wanted to come up with another excuse but Rachael cut him short.

“Don’t bother. That won’t be necessary. Hmm … Tommy, will you be home today? I’m thinking I could come over. We have to talk.”

“Oh, I am sorry, I won’t be around today. Isn’t it what we can discuss on phone now?”

She hesitated for a minute and after a quick thought, she continued, “Well, it’s okay … hmm … I just want to talk about us.… You see, I have thought over our matter and I want to let you know I’ll like to continue with the relationship.”

“Are you saying the suspension is over and we can start planning the wedding again?”

“Yes … Yes …” She said excitedly and quickly added, “…Even if we have to get married this weekend, I’m ready!”

To be continued...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 7:29pm On Sep 29, 2018
izaray:
Op this was too risky na shocked you need to see how I rushed down here almost hitting my phone on the wall thinking it was an updatey cheesy

More grace and wisdom Sha!

sad sad sad Awwwwwww!!! So sorry, dear.

You have it up there now, anyways.

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by pacifust058(m): 7:38pm On Sep 29, 2018
This update is too short o, thanks anyway

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by izaray(f): 7:52pm On Sep 29, 2018
Even if we have to get married this weekend I'm ready grin cheesy
Tommy Tommy, it's now ur turn to show her shakara

Mr James God bless you jare!

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by afolabiwunmi: 7:58pm On Sep 29, 2018
Wao, this is serious o. Plz we are expecting more ooooo. Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by excelmerry: 8:04pm On Sep 29, 2018
Bro JamesKudooski, abeg tell us oo. She said it was just lust she felt for Bayo. So, abeg tell us whether Bayo "don do the do". I would like to read from Bayo's POV to know what's going on in his mind just like the other time he was trying to get her.

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by aprilwise(m): 8:07pm On Sep 29, 2018
Recheal is just fooling herself. She thinks she can do and undo.

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Uniquechild(f): 8:39pm On Sep 29, 2018
Rachael you see your life? Day don break abi? You think you can eat your cake and have it. Your matter tire me o. Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by toyhin123(f): 8:50pm On Sep 29, 2018
Racheal i hope u know u can't eat ur cake nd have it back sha

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by IAmXcessiz(m): 9:24pm On Sep 29, 2018
I know my Tomiwa so well that once he's in love, he can't double date!!!

2 Likes

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Ann2012(f): 9:36pm On Sep 29, 2018
Hehehehehe....see me oooooo grin

The almighty Rachael, ready to marry Tommy like right away cheesy.....
Tommy bobo, pls it's your turn to do shakara jare..
Rachael has Bayo na #Rayo

While my Tommy gat Blessing #Blemy
cool

Thanks for the update Sir

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Kendrick80(m): 9:51am On Sep 30, 2018
Ann2012:

cool

Hehehe

3 Likes

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Hantonia(f): 9:59am On Sep 30, 2018
Racheal is on a long tin

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Ann2012(f): 11:26am On Sep 30, 2018
grin

Kendrick80:

Hehehe

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by bigkuba(m): 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2018
grin now Racheal is feeling what she made Tommy go through b4, karma is a bitch, she has just started crying, her cry never reach

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 30, 2018
You don't know the value of what you have until you lose it. Simple.
Thanks a lot for the update James. Thumbs up.

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Hellen123(f): 7:13pm On Sep 30, 2018
uncle James, how far nah? abeg help us update oo

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by ifiokjohn(m): 8:19pm On Sep 30, 2018
Please come and update

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by skubido(m): 10:55pm On Sep 30, 2018
Yeye child.. Radaada

OP tanks a lot for the update jhor

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by IAmXcessiz(m): 11:23pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ann2012:

cool

O sha blem blem!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 5:03pm On Oct 01, 2018
pacifust058:
This update is too short o, thanks anyway

Oh-oh, please manager it, my brother.
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 5:05pm On Oct 01, 2018
izaray:
Even if we have to get married this weekend I'm ready grin cheesy
Tommy Tommy, it's now ur turn to show her shakara

Mr James God bless you jare!

smiley
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 5:05pm On Oct 01, 2018
afolabiwunmi:
Wao, this is serious o. Plz we are expecting more ooooo. Thanks for the update

Cooking...
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by aprilwise(m): 5:27pm On Oct 01, 2018
Make the updates quick ready I don wait taya
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 5:28pm On Oct 01, 2018
Hellen123:
uncle James, how far nah? abeg help us update oo

ifiokjohn:
Please come and update

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 5:29pm On Oct 01, 2018
Fresh Episode Loading...
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 5:48pm On Oct 01, 2018
Episode 38 (Chapter 30)

Tomiwa took a deep breath and said softly, “Rachael, that is too late!”

Rachael’s eyes almost bulged out of her head and the phone almost dropped out of her hand but she summoned her last strength to hold on.

“Tommy, have you found another lady?” She asked softly.

“Yes, Rachael. She’s equally beautiful and wonderful just like you. She found me when I was languishing in sorrow and shattered to pieces. She picked me up and put the pieces together to make me whole again. She means a lot to me. I can’t break that innocent lady’s heart because of you.”

She closed her eyes tightly and tears trickled down from the corner of her eyes. She held her breath for few seconds and said, “I don’t blame you, Tommy. If the lady is what you say she is, then, I wish you all the best. Please tell her I said she is the most fortunate lady the world has ever known.”

With that, she ended the call, buried her eyes into her pillow and wept inconsolably. It was as if the torrent of tears was waiting for her to end the call. It flowed without any restraints until the pillow became soaked in her tears, her eyes turned red and she started having hiccups. Tomiwa, for some time, felt for her but there was nothing he could do about it. She had her chance and she blew it.

Throughout the weekend, she was dejected. She locked herself inside her room, for the most part, brooding over her loss. She blamed herself as the feeling of quilt nearly ripped her heart into two. She couldn’t blame Tomiwa for she was the one who said he was free to love another person and moreover she really didn’t make life easy for him to do otherwise. The blame was all hers and she had to live with that throughout her entire life.

Tomiwa was the man any lady would ever pray for and there was no doubt he was going to make a very good husband to any lady. She had taken things too far. She thought she would continue to have him. That lady who found him, whoever she was, would now be the most fortunate lady on the surface of the earth while she would be the most stupid of all women. There was nothing she could do now than to wish them the best.
Tomiwa deserved the best and it was very obvious she wasn’t the best for him, otherwise, she wouldn’t have been so foolish to throw him at the feet of another lady! Perhaps, God knew she wouldn’t be that was why He allowed her to make this mistake she would regret throughout her stay on earth. After entertaining all these thoughts during the weekend, a part of her still wanted her to try harder—she shouldn’t just give up like that—even though the other part wished Tomiwa and his newly-found love well.

Mrs Jackson too was equally pained. She was happy for Tomiwa on the one hand but strongly wished he could have ended up with her daughter, Rachael, on the other hand. There was little she could do this time around other than to console her daughter but not before letting her know she was solely responsible for her woes.

“Mummy …” She said with teary eyes. “Tommy is finally gone. I don’t think he’s coming back this time.”

“And how are you so sure of that?”

“He has found another lady and the way he spoke of her, I think she is an amazing lady. I’m happy for him though, but I can’t just imagine how chuckleheaded I have been.”

“Well, in fairness to him. That boy really tried. He waited for you, pleaded with you and tried everything within his power to reconcile but you were too busy with Bayo to give him a chance. Instead, you made his life very miserable.”

Those words brought her more pain and in no time, tears flowed freely down her cheeks.

“It’s okay, dear. All hope is not yet lost. What will be will be. It is too early to back out. I know Tommy loved you beyond what words could describe. Who knows? You could strike a chord in him. You never can tell.”

“You are right, mummy. I will try some more.”

On Tuesday afternoon, Tomiwa was at work when Rachael called him. He picked the call but he had not talked much when Mr Popoola, the Branch Manager, called for his attention. He told Rachael that he had to attend to his Branch Manager and promised to call her back but he never did. Rachael waited for the call throughout the whole day but it didn’t come. The following day, she called him again and just like the previous day, he had to cut her short because a customer came in that he had to attend to.

“Excuse me, Rachael, please let me quickly attend to a customer. I will call back immediately I’m done.”

At that, Rachael felt so bad. She felt that he was only cooking up excuses to avoid her.

“No, Tommy, please I know you won’t call back … That was the same thing you said yesterday and throughout last week. I know you won’t call back.” She said almost crying.

Tomiwa could feel the pain in her voice and he felt a great deal of pity for her.

“Rachael, I promise, I will definitely call back this time around. I will call immediately I am through with this customer. I promise.” He said reassuringly.

“Okay, I hear you. Please do.” She begged like a child begging her parent for candy with pity written all over her face.

A few minutes later, Tomiwa was done attending to the customer and he thought about Rachael. Her last statements lingered in his mind and the strain in her voice touched him dearly. He picked up his phone and dialled her number. When Rachael’s phone rang and she saw it was Tomiwa, she almost screamed for joy. Though Tomiwa sounded very reassuring when he told her he would call back, she dismissed it as one of those promises he never fulfilled. So, it was understandable how happy she felt when Tomiwa’s call came in. How ironic? This was the same call that would have disgusted her two and a half months ago!

“Hello, Rachael …”

“Hello, Tommy … you called back?” She couldn’t hide her surprise and joy. She sounded like someone who just won a jackpot.

“Yes, I called back. You didn’t believe I would?”

“Not that, it’s just that you’ve promised to call back several times before now without calling.”

“Eyah, pele. I’m sorry about that.”

Then, the excitement left her voice. It was replaced by a sober tone. “Tommy … please I know you told me you have someone else … but please is there nothing we can do about it? I don’t want to lose you, please.”

Tomiwa was touched by those words but there was nothing he could do; it was truly too late! Blessing came when he was just struggling to get out of a heart wreck caused by Rachael. She had given him the love, attention, and joy that had hastened the healing process. She had not done anything wrong but helped him when he needed it most. How could he break her heart simply because Rachael came back begging? No, that wouldn’t be fair on the innocent Blessing.

“Rachael, see, for as long as I would have wanted to help you, my hands are tight…. True, my new relationship is still very fresh and it might be easy to think that if I ended it now it would not hurt much, but why would I want to do that? The innocent lady has not done anything wrong to deserve that. She’s equally nice and beautiful. Additionally, she is AA, so I don’t have to worry about children with sickle cell anaemia. Why would I want to throw all that away? Furthermore, you know me so well, Rachael. You know I don’t have the heart to break someone’s heart without any good reason …”

“I know, Tommy. I am sorry for bringing this up…. What was I even thinking? I’m sorry once more.… Tommy, all I want for you is the best and if this lady is the one that will bring you the happiness you deserve, then may God bless your love …” She then forced out a smile that Tomiwa could sense was riddled with pain. She continued ruefully, “I just can’t stop wondering how foolish I was. I know I can never get someone like you ever again and I know I will forever live with this pain but let’s just say that’s the punishment for my stupidity.”

Tomiwa was short of words. The pain in Rachael’s voice was too evident to be missed. He was touched, he felt her pain but the best he could do was to empathize with her. He sat back in his chair and thought about the scenario. Everything appeared to him as if he was watching a Nollywood movie. He never believed that such things happened in real life. Here was a lady that loved him dearly and their love was like one forged in heaven—a love story that would have brought out the jealousy in Romeo and Juliet! However, with an alarming suddenness, she changed course and the amazing relationship went south with an incredible speed! She treated him like a piece garbage and fed him sorrow, anguish, pain, and misery. Surprisingly, here she was back begging him for the place she once occupied in his heart with the same suddenness with which she made his life miserable! What a life!

He shook his head. “Life can truly be a movie at times!” He said to himself. Just then, he turned and caught sight of Blessing’s portrait on his desk. She was smiling at him. He smiled back, picked up his phone and dialled a number. His face brightened up immediately the person at the other end picked up the phone.

“Hello, Sweetheart …” He spoke into the mouthpiece. It was Blessing and they spoke for a long time amidst smiles, laughter and teases.

To be continued...

4 Likes

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by IAmXcessiz(m): 5:57pm On Oct 01, 2018
I knew this moment in Rachael's life will surely come lol

You can't eat your cake and have it

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by YINKS89(m): 6:18pm On Oct 01, 2018
Good for racheal.... Dat serves her ryt nd by d way is bayo's role over in this story? james please answer dat

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

........rebbecca......... / Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ / The Den Of Delilah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.