Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Prisoner Of Love: The Story - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Prisoner Of Love: The Story (67201 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Why I Love The Color Black *a Short Story Of Sexual Abuse* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by skubido(m): 10:49am On Sep 17, 2018
Make Rachel behave wella ooo, Bayo no fit do wetin Tommy go do for her.. make she reason ham wells oo

make Tommy self dey reason her with better word time to time cuz woman brain dey wan kin.

Baba Agbalagba tanks a lot for the update oooo. More of GOD oooo

2 Likes

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by pacifust058(m): 3:09pm On Sep 17, 2018
Not for long?
Hmm, let's wait and see how it all ends

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by toyhin123(f): 4:13pm On Sep 17, 2018
skubido:
Make Rachel behave wella ooo, Bayo no fit do wetin Tommy go do for her.. make she reason ham wells oo

Abeg help me tell am o

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by ifiokjohn(m): 6:54pm On Sep 17, 2018
This is my first time commenting here and i want to say it is a beautiful story. I am spellbound when reading it.

Please o i want tommy to marry Rachel, a miracle can always happen in the aspect of a child without SS.

Even if Rachel marry bayo i know she will never love him like she love tommy and will never be happy with the marriage. they won't last long

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Kelvin4luck(m): 8:46pm On Sep 17, 2018
this story is mindblowing, eye opener, but pls mr James, these suspense is getting at me too much,so complete the story biko

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by afolabiwunmi: 9:43pm On Sep 17, 2018
Nice write up

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by izaray(f): 10:56am On Sep 18, 2018
But where is this Op self

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 3:41pm On Sep 18, 2018
Solomonakindoyin:
nice update bro... more ink to your pen

Thanks, Solomonakindoyin. Glad you are enjoying the story.
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 3:43pm On Sep 18, 2018
aprilwise:
I know the storm will not be over for Tommy nd Recheal as far as genotype is concern. thanks for the update

Hmmmmm!!! O ga ooooo.
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 3:44pm On Sep 18, 2018
toyhin123:
More ink to ur pen OP

Thank you so much, toyhin123.
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 3:46pm On Sep 18, 2018
Kendrick80:
That last paragraph tho lipsrsealed

I guess it's gonna be:
Tomiwa vs Bayo
Racheal vs genotype
Abigail vs Mama Rachael
Emotion vs reason

The next couple of updates r gonna be interesting...stay tuned.

Mr James nice 1

Kendrick80, I dey always gbadun your analysis. Your head is there, baba.

And thanks for the compliments.

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 3:47pm On Sep 18, 2018
devilmaycry1:
WoW WOW thank for the update hmmm

Thanks, devilmaycry1.
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 3:47pm On Sep 18, 2018
izaray:
Wow!! What a captivating update

Ride on Mr James Oluwa got ur back

Thank you so much, izaray.
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2018
skubido:

make Tommy self dey reason her with better word time to time cuz woman brain dey wan kin.

Baba Agbalagba tanks a lot for the update oooo. More of GOD oooo

Skubido, baba!!!! I see you.

Nice advice.

And thanks for the update. Was gbayi!
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2018
pacifust058:
Not for long?
Hmm, let's wait and see how it all ends

Thanks for your patience, baba.
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2018
ifiokjohn:
This is my first time commenting here and i want to say it is a beautiful story. I am spellbound when reading it.

Please o i want tommy to marry Rachel, a miracle can always happen in the aspect of a child without SS.

Even if Rachel marry bayo i know she will never love him like she love tommy and will never be happy with the marriage. they won't last long

Thanks, ifiokjohn for taking your time to comment. And I'm glad you are enjoying the story.

As for Rachael and Tommy marrying each other, that one no dey my hand oooo. That one na nature go determine am oooo.

I appreciate your compliments too.
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 3:57pm On Sep 18, 2018
Kelvin4luck:
this story is mindblowing, eye opener, but pls mr James, these suspense is getting at me too much,so complete the story biko

Hey Kelvin4luck, I'm happy you found the story mind-blowing.

As, for the suspense, I go try reduce am small.

You are welcome to My World...My Story!
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 3:58pm On Sep 18, 2018
afolabiwunmi:
Nice write up

Thanks, afolabiwunmi.

Cheers.
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 3:59pm On Sep 18, 2018
izaray:
But where is this Op self

Ah! Izaray, I'm here!
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 4:02pm On Sep 18, 2018
Next Episode Loading...
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2018
Episode 25 (Chapter 24)

ON THE THIRD DAY, things went sour again! Bayo waved his magic wand and … taraaaammm … Rachael seemingly lost her senses again. Those two days that things went back to normal were days Bayo was on a casual leave. Immediately he came back and Rachael set eyes on him, the spark ignited once more and her feelings for him returned with a stronger force. Thus, Tomiwa became banished to the cold island of abandonment once again. This time, she did it with reckless abandon—she completely threw caution to the wind. She stopped wearing the engagement ring. She didn’t mind how Tomiwa would feel or gave a damn about what anybody or her mother would say. It is often said that no vacuum exists in space. That is true of hearts too—at least as Rachael’s case proved. As the gloominess and worries that took over her heart disappeared, strong feelings for Bayo started taking over their place. What she didn’t know was whether what she felt was infatuation or real love—all she knew was that she felt something strong for him. It looked like Bayo had cast a spell on her.

Nonetheless, she still had some reservations about Bayo. He looked more like a playboy to her. He was a frequent nightclub user and dated multiple ladies at once. He sent two ladies packing because he found one whom he perceived was better—her. What if he someday found someone supposedly better than her and decided to dump her like a piece of garbage as he did Bunmi and Anthonia?! Those were things to consider but there was no denying it that he was fun to be with. With these on her mind, she thought of holding on to Tomiwa while she explored her chances with Bayo. That way she could fall back on Tomiwa if Bayo messed up. That was the beginning of Tomiwa’s torment.

Tomiwa continued trying to find his way back into Rachael’s heart but it appeared that the barricade was too strong for him to penetrate. The treatment from Rachael got worse as each day passed and as each day passed, a part of his heart passed with it. Even at that, he tried to talk with her from time to time. After all, she had not officially ended the relationship.

He dialled Rachael’s phone number and as it rang he said a quick prayer for her to pick the call. It had become a frequent occurrence for her not to pick his calls. Surprisingly, she picked the call promptly this time. However, the way she answered made it obvious that she saw his call as nothing more than a disturbance.

“Hello Sweetheart, thank God you picked.”

“Hello … meaning what?” She answered sarcastically.

“I mean I wasn’t sure you were going to pick the call.”

“But you should know better than that now. You should know that I’m usually very busy.”

“And what happens to calling back when you see my missed calls?”

“Oh, sorry about that…. I get home tired that I sleep off immediately.”

“Baby, is it Bayo again? I thought we resolved this issue the last time we saw.”

“Bayo? But I told you I was going to end it with Bayo which I have done. I have stopped seeing Bayo if you care to know. It’s not about Bayo! The issue is that I need time to clear my head and I don’t want any distractions whatsoever!”

“Okay. But try to pick my calls when I call.”

“Okay oooo, if that is what you want … and if you are done, I want to go to bed. My eyes are heavy.”

“Alright. Sleep tight, Sweetheart.”

“Bye.”

“Hello? One more thing before you go. Baby, what happened to words like Sweetheart, Handsome and the like? You’ve stopped using any for me lately.”

“Tommy, can we suspend all that for now, please?” She lashed out at him.

“And what about my goodbye kiss, at least, can I get that one?”

“Can that too hold on till we resolve all this?”

“Well, if that’s how you want it’s no problem. Just note that I still love you.”

She rolled her eyes and without saying any further words, she ended the call and hissed disgustingly. Just then, Bayo’s call came in and a smile of satisfaction enveloped her face as she picked the call, “Hello lover boy …” She began and the discussion went on till about 2 O’clock in the morning.

If she had to keep Tomiwa on the reserve bench, then she had to be tactful enough to balance things. She had to keep him far and close at the same time. That meant she wouldn’t have to shut him out entirely. She had to act nice to him once in a while. Hence, one Wednesday morning, thoughts of Tomiwa crept up her mind and she decided to put a call across to him.

Tomiwa was surprised to see her calling. Rachael calling out of her own volition in this era? That meant something. By the time she heard his voice she didn’t need an oracle to tell her that he wasn’t well. That was one of the occasions that showed that deep down her heart, she still had some strong hidden affection for him.

“Tommy, what’s wrong with you? You sound not too good. You didn’t go to work?”

“No, I haven’t gone to work since the past three days. I’ve been down.”

“What?! You’ve been sick for the past three days and you didn’t tell me? That’s serious, Tommy!” She expressed deep concern and she wasn’t faking it. It was the hidden feeling deep down that was at work. She had wanted to call for the sake of keeping the relationship alive but what she felt after hearing him talk was real.

“Well, I wasn’t sure if you cared anymore. More so, if you did, you would have noticed that I’ve been offline on the system in the past three days.”

“Oh … sorry about that. Guess, I wasn’t paying close attention … So, have you been to the hospital?”

“Yeah. The doctor gave me some drugs and a couple of injections. Anyway, I will be fine. So, how are you doing?”

“I am fine.”

“That’s nice to hear. Babe, please can I call you later. I feel so weak right now and I am feeling sleepy.”

“Alright. Please take care of yourself.”

In spites of her strange behaviour, Tomiwa enjoyed periods of momentary congeniality once in a while. Acts like this sometimes made it difficult for him to place where she really stood and it gave him a glimpse of hope to cling onto from time to time.

It was that hope he held on to when out of the blues one day Rachael called him and requested they see to talk. She had been extremely nice to him in the past few days. She had called him frequently, picked his calls promptly and sounded very warm and inviting when they talked. This went on with a consistency that fuelled his hope and made it grow stronger. He was beginning to hope things were getting better. Perhaps, the saying that ‘time heals all wounds’ was proving true in their case.

Therefore, it wasn’t surprising that he went up to meet her full of hopes. He had thought over all that had happened and he felt he could freely forgive her for all the pains she had made him pass through if she turned around as he suspected she was going to do by the time that met. To mark the new beginning he had set Kelly Handsome’s My True Love song as caller’s ring back song for her and planned to reveal it to her to prove how much he still loved her.

They met at an eatery. Rachael was looking astonishingly distinguished in her grey trouser-suit that looked tailor-made to fit her structure perfectly. Her face was looking radiant with her light makeup. Her hair was wonderfully styled in a way that adored her charms even more. The fragrance of her perfume took over the atmosphere and Tomiwa nostrils basked in the aroma. It was the same beauty that had brought him both indescribable joy and unimaginable pain in the past! She was full of smiles—her usual disarming smile—and Tomiwa’s head spun in circles a million times.

To be continued...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Ann2012(f): 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2018
Rachael!!!!

Call yourself to order, my Tommy won't take this ill treatment for long.

Thanks Boss JamesKudooski
But the update is small sha cry

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by izaray(f): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2018
JamesKudooski:

Ah! Izaray, I'm here!
You're highly welcome boss cheesy

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 4:52pm On Sep 18, 2018
Ann2012:
Rachael!!!!

Call yourself to order, my Tommy won't take this ill treatment for long.

Thanks Boss JamesKudooski
But the update is small sha cry

Oh! Okay I will try to add small jara on top.
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Kendrick80(m): 5:19pm On Sep 18, 2018
My future son if ur reading this pls for the love of wat u believe in "FEAR WOMAN"..I don talk my own shocked
Tommy u just gotta go cus when she eventually accept u back,it would based on pity and no guy wants that bullpoo.
Her heart is fixed on Bayo pls leave her ASAP.

NB: Tomiwa is Mr James in real life wink
Nice 1 bro...salute

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by babajeje123(m): 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2018
Op, make this story into a movie. It will be a blockbuster.

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Ann2012(f): 5:22pm On Sep 18, 2018
JamesKudooski:

Oh! Okay I will try to add small jara on top.

Thanks Sir smiley

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Favouritetega(f): 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2018
Oh dear undecided

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 5:45pm On Sep 18, 2018
Episode 26 (Chapter 24)

After exchanging pleasantries and placing their orders, they began to talk. The atmosphere at their table was warm and inviting as they both spoke freely, smiling and laughing at intervals like old times. The warmth in her voice was soothing and oh, how Tomiwa had missed it.

“Tommy, I called you here so that we could talk about us. You know I told you I needed to clear my head and think things through. I have done that and I think I should let you know what I came up with.”

“Okay, I am glad to know that. At least, we will both know where we stand.” Tomiwa replied having butterflies in his stomach. If he had to count, he could count millions of them! Despite that, he was somehow hopeful that Rachael’s decision would be positive because her behaviour in the past few days seemed to be pointing in that direction.

“Tommy, you are such a wonderful man and a God sent. Any lady that is fortunate enough to have you is one of the most blessed ladies in the world and I will be ever grateful to God that I was privileged to meet you …”

Tomiwa clasped his fingered together on the table as he listened intently to Rachael.

Rachael continued, “But in the light of recent developments, I will like us to SUSPEND this relationship for now!”

Tomiwa’s eyes widened and goose pimples overtook his entire body. What he was hearing was way far from what he expected to hear. He wouldn’t have been such surprised if not for the geniality that Rachael displayed in the past days that heightened his hopes. He immediately became light-headed but he was able to put himself together.

“Suspend? Or did you mean call off?” Tomiwa needed to be clear.

“No, I mean suspend. We are not calling off the relationship; we will only suspend it for some time. The relationship still stands but we are just going to be friends for the period of the suspension. The condition is that since I called for the suspension, I am not free to start another relationship with anybody else but you are free if within the period you find someone you like. If that happened I won’t hold you responsible and if after the suspension period I want to continue then I will let you know.”

Tomiwa couldn’t believe his ears. “Rachael, this is ridiculous! I haven’t heard of such arrangement or condition before. All I’ve always known is that it is either you are ending the relationship or you continue with it but this your condition? I don’t think I understand it.” He paused a little and then continued again, “Just tell me if you want to end this relationship. Though, it won’t be easy for me … I don’t even know if my life will remain the same … but I won’t hold it against you.”

“Noooooo, Tommy. I’m not ending it. All I want is a suspension to give all this time.”

“So how much time are we looking at here?”

“I don’t know how long it might take.”

“Oh, Jeeeeez! So, what you want is an indefinite suspension that could take as short as one week and much as six months or even two years?”

“Exactly so.”

“Rachael, see, you have crafted this thing in such a way that I am the one at the losing end—whichever way it goes, you will win at last. Let me expatiate. Suppose, I decide to wait for you and after say two years you decide to continue and come back to me, you win. If on the other hand, you decide to end it, you still win because either way you will get want you want! But what about me? What if after waiting for two years you decide to leave, what happens to me? Where will I start from then?”

“That is why I said that if you cannot wait and you find another person you like you can go ahead and I won’t blame you.”

“And what if I decide to wait or I do not find someone else I love?”

“Then the choice is yours. I have been fair enough.”

“If you asked me, Rachael, I’d say we should just end this relationship so that we can be both free to live our lives without being bogged down by some weird conditions. It won’t be easy though but I think it is better that way.”

“I didn’t say I wanted to end the relationship ooo, ehn-ehn. I only said I want time off ooo. Why even end it without giving it time in the first place? You never can tell, it may not be as long as you fear.”

Tomiwa heaved not a sigh of relief but that of agony. Rachael had carefully crafted her conditions in such a way that boxed him into a corner. She knew how much he loved her and how difficult it would be for him to love someone else when she was still somehow in the picture. She knew and respected Tomiwa for his lofty moral standards. She knew he couldn’t keep two relationships at a time. She insisted on a suspension so as to make it appear that he was the one who ended the relationship and called off the wedding if he insisted otherwise. And if at the end of the indefinite suspension he eventually lost Rachael he wouldn’t be able to put the blame on her because she had already made it clear he didn’t have to wait for her—what a clever proposition! The condition was simply a hoax to cover up the real intent behind her proposition.

In the real sense of the matter, all she wanted to do was to keep Tomiwa as a Plan B in case her relationship with Bayo failed. Furthermore, Tomiwa’s type was rare to come by and she didn’t want to throw him away completely.

Tomiwa stared at the comely figure who sat down in her nimbus of glamour across the table in front of him. He realised that the perfect image of his ideal woman that he had carried in his head since his teenage years was slipping off his hands. He was overcome by strong emotions and he almost cried. But he was a man and had to prove he was one. So, he held back the tears and tried hard to comport himself but the sadness that took over his countenance was still evident no matter how hard he tried. Rachael looked at him in the eye and noticed the emotions that were welling up within him and how hard he was trying to conceal them. She couldn’t stand it so she quickly turned her eyes away. She felt pity for him but what had to be done had to be done—what had to be had to be!

That was the moment his life took a free fall and his life changed for the worst!

To be continued...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by aprilwise(m): 5:49pm On Sep 18, 2018
In relationship I always hope for the best nd prepare my mind for the worst. The depth of Recheal's of love for Tommy is very shallow that why she is acting in that manner.

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by ifiokjohn(m): 7:09pm On Sep 18, 2018
JamesKudooski:

Thanks, ifiokjohn for taking your time to comment. And I'm glad you are enjoying the story.

As for Rachael and Tommy marrying each other, that one no dey my hand oooo. That one na nature go determine am oooo.

I appreciate your compliments too.
then nature should be benevolent then

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by afolabiwunmi: 8:59pm On Sep 18, 2018
Is as if to be crying for Tomiwa but such is life. All will be alright Tommy just take heart.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

........rebbecca......... / Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ / The Den Of Delilah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.