Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC (56880 Views)

Saraki Has No Right To Circulate My Song Without Approval, Says K1 De Ultimate / Dr Bukola Saraki Has emerged the new Opposition Leader / Saraki Has Game Plan By Not Defecting – Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by Kingsmeal: 8:24pm On Aug 08, 2018
Following Senator Akapbio's defection from the Peoples Democratic Party to the All Progressives Congress, the Senate President has reacted.

The President of the Senate Dr Abubakar Bukola Saraki may be nursing a Presidential ambition for 2019. This is even as called the defection of Senator Godwill Akpabio to the All Progressives Congress as a non-important issue.

This was disclosed during the question and answer session at the World Press Conference addressed by Saraki over the siege on the National Assembly by operatives of the DSS.

Saraki who was asked by a representative of a foreign media if he would be vying for the highest office in the land, did not deny having such ambition.

He however said that today was a day to talk about democracy, adding that he would answer the question on another day.

“We are here today about the democracy of this country, and that is what is important to me and to all of us that are here.

“I think when the time is right I will talk on your issue but today, we are talking about democracy in Nigeria, to defend the rule of law,” he said.

On whether or not he would relinquish the position of Senate Presidency which he was ‘given’ under the All Progressives Congress (APC), Saraki stressed that he was not given the position but was elected by members.
He said that the Constitution allows any member of the Senate to stand for election as the President of the Senate irrespective of the party the person belongs to.
“I was not given the position as senate president, I was elected by members.

“According to our constitution, it says a member of the National Assembly who so wishes….. it doesn’t say you have to belong to any political party,” he said.

On the defection of Senator Godswill Akpabio to PDP, Saraki said that it is not an worthy of comment at the time.

He said that the press conference was called to discuss important National issues of which Akpabio’s defection was not party of.

“This happens from time to time, so I do not think it is a national issue for me to comment on,” he said.

NAN reports that at the end of the briefing, the President of the Senate got a rousing ovation and chants of ‘Oloye! Oloye! Oloye!

https://zenithnaija.com/saraki-breaks-silence-on-senator-akpabios-defection-to-apc/

15 Likes

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by Racoon(m): 8:29pm On Aug 08, 2018
Democracy must thrive while tyranny must die.Game on!

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by troublemakea(m): 8:30pm On Aug 08, 2018
I salute you the strongest man and the night mare of Buhari who even claim to be an Ex military general

now I know there's a big striking difference between having authority and having wisdom

228 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by wristbangle: 8:33pm On Aug 08, 2018
I don't have any atom of pity for these politicians rather the gullible fans.

Both APC & PDP fans got no shame. How many times will they know neither of these party rogues would thought of their evidence whether they win or not.

Honestly, I don't know what the masses want sef. Supporting two crooked parties that wrecked this nation. Smh undecided

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by Bethel4Life(f): 8:36pm On Aug 08, 2018
Saraki 100...
Apc -100...

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by sonsomegrigbo: 8:39pm On Aug 08, 2018
Anything Saraki,

. Pls ask AMAKA People dem

6 Likes

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 08, 2018
grin

Surprisingly
Akpabio defection made more news than the entire 15 senators

Despite Defection fatigue

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by Custaqueen(f): 8:56pm On Aug 08, 2018
I just tire for this country.. undecided....Guys abeg make una check my signature please..God bless..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by Waakanda: 8:56pm On Aug 08, 2018
Looking for how to financially explode grin

1 Like

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by tesppidd: 8:56pm On Aug 08, 2018
That was how they sang and beat the drums for GEJ, he got roundly beaten in 2015 even with his power of incumbency.

Then came Nnamdi Kanu; they sang and beat the drums for him. They gave him god-status and he enjoyed every bit of it, until he got demystified and destroyed.

Saraki enjoy your spotlight while it lasts.
When your comeuppance comes, these ipob youths and wailers clapping and singing for you will not save you.

In their minds now Buhari is the anti-Democrat while Saraki is democracy personified abi?

Lol, Mumus!

Kwara state is basically a family business for Saraki.
Two words which should never be found in one sentence are Saraki and democracy.

But no, Nigerians are tortoises.

A man who is richer than his state and who basically owns kwara state is talking about saving democracy.

Wao!

73 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by 9jaArea: 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2018
This guy should be in detention for treason.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2018
Saraki the modafoka, thief, rogue, killer.

Shame on you!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by olafunny(m): 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2018
TRANSFER UPDATES:

JUST IN: It's been a fantastic and intriguing season in the #NPL #NigerianPoliticalLeague. @APC_FC just successfully completed the transfer of world class defender @Akpabio from @PDP_FC for an undisclosed amount. The announcement was made by @APC_FC chief @AdamsOshio after the defender underwent medical in London during the weekend. The medical officer @Mbuhari declared the defender medically fit to play for the team.

Stay tuned for more reports

15 Likes

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by 3millionia: 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2018
modelmike7:
Saraki Buhari the modafoka, thief, rogue, killer.

Shame on you!

You mean Buhari FAAAA ?

Atiku & saraki for 2019 cool

9 Likes

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by thoniann(m): 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2018
He better keeps his mouth shut. The drama is yet to begin. That's why he's been watching his utterances.

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by adecz: 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2018
undecided

Selfish, arrogant, covetous, corrupt....

That is the story of this man.

He can go to any lenghts to compromise
any System, using Kwara State as his
own personal ATM.

Before now, the Saraki
family survived on Shareholders funds of
Societé Generale Bank, destroying life
of poor depositors. angry

If the Buhari crew weren't a dumb, flatfooted
bunch, they would have taken this man out
years ago.

Now he has become a clear & present
challenge to the very existence of APC. undecided undecided sad sad sad

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by kerry57: 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2018
Na una una. Enjoy ur drama politifian

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by Munzy14(m): 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2018
A liberal intelligent democrat.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by Abfinest007(m): 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2018
'leave that confuse slowpoke along'leave that confuse slowpoke along'leave that confuse slowpoke along

1 Like

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by Peter4naz(m): 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2018
bye bye
Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by StillX10(m): 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2018
a non-important issue"
I love that

1 Like

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by canalily(m): 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2018
See how buhari is watching Saraki waka

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2018
3millionia:

You mean Buhari FAAAA ?

Atiku & saraki for 2019 cool
Your problem in life.
Vote for whoever you want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by RealNaijaQuin: 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2018
NAN reports that at the end of the briefing, the President of the Senate got a rousing ovation and chants of ‘Oloye! Oloye! Oloye!

Lemme add my own ‘Oloye! Oloye! Oloye ‘Oloye! Oloye! Oloye
a Yoruba person should quote me and translate the ‘Oloye for me smiley

Meanwhile, job opportunity at the WHO, please apply now.
Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by Born2Breed(f): 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2018
Kingsmeal:
Following Senator Akapbio's defection from the Peoples Democratic Party to the All Progressives Congress, the Senate President has reacted.

The President of the Senate Dr Abubakar Bukola Saraki may be nursing a Presidential ambition for 2019. This is even as called the defection of Senator Godwill Akpabio to the All Progressives Congress as a non-important issue.

This was disclosed during the question and answer session at the World Press Conference addressed by Saraki over the siege on the National Assembly by operatives of the DSS.

Saraki who was asked by a representative of a foreign media if he would be vying for the highest office in the land, did not deny having such ambition.

He however said that today was a day to talk about democracy, adding that he would answer the question on another day.

“We are here today about the democracy of this country, and that is what is important to me and to all of us that are here.

“I think when the time is right I will talk on your issue but today, we are talking about democracy in Nigeria, to defend the rule of law,” he said.

On whether or not he would relinquish the position of Senate Presidency which he was ‘given’ under the All Progressives Congress (APC), Saraki stressed that he was not given the position but was elected by members.
He said that the Constitution allows any member of the Senate to stand for election as the President of the Senate irrespective of the party the person belongs to.
“I was not given the position as senate president, I was elected by members.

“According to our constitution, it says a member of the National Assembly who so wishes….. it doesn’t say you have to belong to any political party,” he said.

On the defection of Senator Godswill Akpabio to PDP, Saraki said that it is not an worthy of comment at the time.

He said that the press conference was called to discuss important National issues of which Akpabio’s defection was not party of.

“This happens from time to time, so I do not think it is a national issue for me to comment on,” he said.

https://zenithnaija.com/saraki-breaks-silence-on-senator-akpabios-defection-to-apc/

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by Kennyfancy(m): 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2018
it is well
Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by adisabarber(m): 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2018
This guy looks smart and acts smart but I have already given up on APC and PDP so he can't get my vote.
Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by elmisti(m): 9:01pm On Aug 08, 2018
hm

one thing we can all agree on is this man intelligence. in front of a free press, he performs better than majority of our politicians.

7 Likes

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by Deo1986(m): 9:01pm On Aug 08, 2018
wristbangle:

Both APC & PDP fans got no shame. How many times will they know neither of these party rogues would thought of their evidence whether they win or not.

Honestly, I don't know what the masses want sef. Supporting two crooked parties that wrecked this nation. Smh undecided
Don't injure yourself bro, the drama they are playing is fun enough.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by pol23: 9:01pm On Aug 08, 2018
My main man.
If na one person dey your back for now ....na me...
Democracy must thrive...
Dictatorship must die.

Note:I might fight Saraki tomorrow,if he choose a path against democracy or fairness of our country like the APC are currently doing.
For now ,I stand the same path with him...and I will fight anyone against us.

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC by Efewestern: 9:01pm On Aug 08, 2018
wristbangle:

On a normal basis, People like saraki should be stoned. These politicians only care about themselves, after destroying Kwara he wants to package Nigeria in his pocket.

Thieves, they are worst than Satan the devil, worst is the average poor Nigerians killing themselves for these rogues, shouting APc and PDP on empty stomach, they don't realize that party means nothing to these evil set of people, provided their interests is being protected.

#Spit#

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Moment Peter Obi Forgot All He Crammed For The CNN Interview! / Policy Documents: Moment Buhari's Ministers-Designates Picked One Bag Each (Pix) / Sudan: Nigerian Students Boarded Buses According To Their States Of Origin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.