Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,547 members, 7,809,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

FCTA Announces Abuja Rail Train Fares - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FCTA Announces Abuja Rail Train Fares (560 Views)

Lagosians Rush To Board Lagos Blue Line Rail Train In Marina (Video) / Lagos Tests The Blue Rail Train Service (Video) / See Abuja Rail Train Fares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FCTA Announces Abuja Rail Train Fares by Slayer1914: 9:53pm On Aug 08, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

FCTA announces Abuja Rail Train Fares; appreciate Residents for patronising free train services.

The Secretary, Transportation Secretariat, Comrade Kayode Opeifa has announced fares as approved by the Federal Capital Territory Administration for Abuja Train Services from one point of the Stations to the other with effect from Monday,13th August, 2018 signalling the end of one month commercial  free ride.
*A.     Abuja Metro to and from the Airport Station*
Adults - N1000 (One Thousand Naira only)
Children and physically challenged - N700.00 (Seven Hundred Naira only)

*B.     Abuja Metro to and from Idu Station, and Idu Station to and from Airport Station*
Adults - N500
Children and physically challenged - N300

TRIP specific ticket purchases will be done electronically at the Departure Lounge of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport and at all our Operating stations Viz: Abuja Metro, Idu and Airport stations from ticket dispensing Kiosks, Ticketers and provided POS Machines.

Payment verification system is also provided at all the stations to control and count passengers after payment have been made.

Comrade Opeifa also appreciated Residents of the Federal Capital Territory and Visitors who patronised the Train services during the one month free train ride services provided by the Administration to commute through Metro- Idu- and Airport Stations of the Abuja Rail Mass Transit Services.

The Administration had announced the commencement of one month free train services a day after the commissioning of the project on the 12th of July, 2018.

Many Federal Capital Territory Residents, visitors and tourists alike utilised the opportunity to savour the beauties of the train services.

The Administration enjoins the public to cooperate with it for the payment inmovation being deployed for the train services in the Federal Capital Territory.

Ifeanyi Ughamadu                                               
Assistant Director, Information, Transportation Secretariat.
Re: FCTA Announces Abuja Rail Train Fares by Asquare84(m): 10:07pm On Aug 08, 2018
It expensive
Re: FCTA Announces Abuja Rail Train Fares by saintjimos(m): 10:36pm On Aug 08, 2018
luxury

hahahaha
what's the diff with Uber or taxify
Re: FCTA Announces Abuja Rail Train Fares by SageTravels: 12:18am On Aug 09, 2018
Finally but the price is expensive o. inside the 1k, its not guarantee that you will seat down o. I heard there is a provision for passengers to stand.

From Area one where the metro station is to the airport is less than 500 (street price o)

I really like the terminal design. its very nice and neat. I was their last week but I didn't join the free ride. I will do that soon.

From what I saw on ground and the speed of the train, I think the Abuja to Kaduna is far better in all aspect.

You can read my Abuja - Kaduna Train experience here. https://www.sagetravels.com/train-experience-youll-meet-these-10-people-on-every-train-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Yes, Nigerian Do Well, But They Aren’t ‘most Successful’ Ethnic Group In US / Lady Shares Screenshot Of How A Taxify Driver Was Beaten By His Female Passenger / What's The Best And Smoothest Route To Drive From PH To Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.