Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,469 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

What Did The FG Gain From The NASS Siege?. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Did The FG Gain From The NASS Siege?. (527 Views)

Breaking: Senator Okorocha Joins His Fellow Senators For The NASS Election. / Saraki Meets Al-Saudi Nasser With The NASS Twitter Handle (Photos) / Festus Keyamo Explains The Powers Of The NASS To Expose Corrupt Practices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did The FG Gain From The NASS Siege?. by Ehiscotch(m): 12:31am On Aug 09, 2018
Amidst, the reactions and counter reactions that have trailed the invasion of the NASS by the DSS - which includes conspiracy theories and finger-pointing -- I still cannot find a valid (or invalid, as the case may have been) reason as to why the FG with the concious awareness of PMB and PYO would deliberately sabotage the recovening of the NASS they pleaded for. I may not have info on all the happenings on that day but even with what I gathered it could never have been an impeachment move as they (APC) were largerly outnumbered; The FG are desperately in need of NASS approval on certain important issues and would only be kicking their own foot by sabotaging the process; It is too close to the election to be giving the opposition a louder voice and giving the indifferent minds a reason to doubt the authencity of PMB's democratic stance; It would be obviously and completely hyprocitical to have openly condemned it in Benue and play out a similar script in Abuja.
Re: What Did The FG Gain From The NASS Siege?. by Ehiscotch(m): 12:43am On Aug 09, 2018
Even as I find Saraki's involvement unthinkable I can understand to a point the rationale behind the assumption. We all saw how the place was heavily guarded, looked unbreachable and not even a fly was allowed to pass. How come a certain Saraki's house was in a similar situation and he cleverly sneaked out in a "rickety vehicle" (let us not even bother our minds about why a distinguished Senator should own one and deliberately choose it on that day). It would not be far-fetched to think that it was a plan to draw public sympathy. From Fayose in Ekiti, To Dino Melaye the drama has been an unending one. Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

1 Like

Re: What Did The FG Gain From The NASS Siege?. by FarahAideed: 12:48am On Aug 09, 2018
Bro you have low IQ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did The FG Gain From The NASS Siege?. by socialmediaman: 12:51am On Aug 09, 2018
@ehiscotch Do you remember what happened to Joshua Dariye of Plateau state? He was impeached by only 6 out of 24 lawmakers in Plateau State under heavy security protection. You can fight the rest in a prolonged court case while you end up with DSS and EFCC harassment and the legislature moves on. By the time you realize what’s happening, your influence in the house has diminished and some of your fellow legislators will compromise and move on. Nigeria is one interesting country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did The FG Gain From The NASS Siege?. by Ehiscotch(m): 12:59am On Aug 09, 2018
FarahAideed:
Bro you have low IQ
which is why I put my opinion out for enlightened minds like yours to put me through.

2 Likes

Re: What Did The FG Gain From The NASS Siege?. by Ehiscotch(m): 1:04am On Aug 09, 2018
socialmediaman:
@ehiscotch Do you remember what happened to Joshua Dariye of Plateau state? He was impeached by only 6 out of 24 lawmakers in Plateau State under heavy security protection. You can fight the rest in a prolonged court case while you end up with DSS and EFCC harassment and the legislature moves on. By the time you realize what’s happening, your influence in the house has diminished and some of your fellow legislators will compromise and move on. Nigeria is one interesting country
A similar move failed in Benue State. I think our democracy has managed the progress from that point. This one is a special case with many dead ends. Take it down one route and you end up realising you just made a 360: it is neither here nor there.

2 Likes

Re: What Did The FG Gain From The NASS Siege?. by Nogodye(m): 2:41am On Aug 09, 2018
Atleast they gain, Akpabio defection and Daura sacked which is long overdue...Best Gain of the season atleast.
Re: What Did The FG Gain From The NASS Siege?. by StillX10(m): 3:39am On Aug 09, 2018
they gained nothing actually

1 Like

Re: What Did The FG Gain From The NASS Siege?. by Nobody: 5:58am On Aug 09, 2018
It will be very foolish for anyone to link the seige to Saraki.
1. He will not want to get into another mess with the FG or police
2. Daura is more related to BUHARI and so will take orders from him.

Evidences that will prove Daura acted a script for FG cabals and APC chiefs are
1. DAURA will not be investigated
2. He will not be arraigned before any court
3. The matter will be swept under carpet very soon.
4. House arrest will be his highest punishment.

If Daura has been disobeying the presidency, its becuase Buhari has not been in charge of government and Daura is finding it hard to take orders from fellow CABALS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did The FG Gain From The NASS Siege?. by ashjay001(m): 6:06am On Aug 09, 2018
The truth is, the planners were just plain stupid n incompetent!

They probably got emboldened, by PMB's imbecilic reactions to his kitchen cabinets afronts.
Re: What Did The FG Gain From The NASS Siege?. by RevenGeMission: 6:37am On Aug 09, 2018
Why would he be investigated ??

For protecting NASS ??

So because Daura is related to Buhari , it means he can't be loyal to anyone else ?

FrancisDiote:
It will be very foolish for anyone to link the seige to Saraki.
1. He will not want to get into another mess with the FG or police
2. Daura is more related to BUHARI and so will take orders from him.

Evidences that will prove Daura acted a script for FG cabals and APC chiefs are
1. DAURA will not be investigated
2. He will not be arraigned before any court
3. The matter will be swept under carpet very soon.
4. House arrest will be his highest punishment.

If Daura has been disobeying the presidency, its becuase Buhari has not been in charge of government and Daura is finding it hard to take orders from fellow CABALS
Re: What Did The FG Gain From The NASS Siege?. by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 09, 2018
RevenGeMission:
Why would he be investigated ??

For protecting NASS ??

So because Daura is related to Buhari , it means he can't be loyal to anyone else ?

1. If you know Buhari very well, then you will know that he does not forgive.

2. Every corruption linked to his ministers and aids have been swept under the carpet.

This is just one of them. I respect your loyalty to whoever you choose but for me I owe nobody allegiance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did The FG Gain From The NASS Siege?. by Ehiscotch(m): 6:52am On Aug 09, 2018
StillX10:
they gained nothing actually
Which is why they could not have made the decision to instruct officers to take siege of the NASS. They had a lot at stake to lose - Nigeria had a lot to lose. Reason, I do not understand why people think they staged this.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Politicians And Pastors That Own Private Jets In Poverty Stricken Nigeria / Kwankwaso Billion Van / ‘Power Is Transient’; APC Women Leader Reacts After Attack In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.