Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Two In, One Out And Chelsea Are Once Again Contenders - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Two In, One Out And Chelsea Are Once Again Contenders (763 Views)

Who Have Advantage Of Wining Premier League Title Among Top Three Contenders / Kylian Mbappe Names Top 5 Contenders For 2018 Ballon D'or, No Messi! [Full List] / Countries That Have Qualified For Russia 2018 World Cup & Possible Contenders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two In, One Out And Chelsea Are Once Again Contenders by Alexcharlz(m): 5:24am On Aug 09, 2018
The tables have turned in chelsea’s favour as the club completed two big signings in just 24 hours and still have time for more !!

Thibaut courtois finally got his £31.5m move to Real Madrid after the goal keeper went AWOL in a bid to force a move to his dream club and wow, he succeed.

Chelsea deadline transfer
Chelsea however won’t be worried one bit as they already have a replacement in bound. Atletico Bilbao’s 23 year old goal keeper Kepa arrizabalaga was signed by the London blues for £71.6m making him the world most expensive keeper, just few weeks after Liverpool’s Allison Becker held the same title. What a relief that must be for the manager Maurizio sarri.

Chelsea deadline transfer
Chelsea then went the extra mile, to get something out of Thibaut Courtois’s deal with Mateo Kovacic moving to the opposite end on a season long loan. The Croatian who reportedly rejected a bid from Manchester united after claims he was unimpressed by the playing style of the manager may yet have the time to assess them when they go head to head, with the league to kick off in hours.

It’s not over yet, as reports claim the London blues may yet have to sign another, this time a winger. Manchester united are reportedly ready to break the bank to sign Willian for a sum of £80m, that’s a lot for Chelsea to reject giving the fact they just spent £71.6m on a goal keeper. Chelsea are bound to accept the deal this time, but have just a few hours to find themselves a replacement.

Few hours more and Chelsea suddenly come alive in the window to put themselves back as contenders for the premier league title with the season to kick off soon. Chelsea transfer deadline moves continues in full swing and the clock is ticking.

source: https://skyxports.com/chelsea-deadline-transfer-two-in-one-out-and-they-are-once-again-contenders/
Re: Two In, One Out And Chelsea Are Once Again Contenders by Nobody: 5:32am On Aug 09, 2018
So we won't get another striker this season again but still depending on Costa Morata?
Issokay.

1 Like

Re: Two In, One Out And Chelsea Are Once Again Contenders by Oluwasaeon(m): 5:37am On Aug 09, 2018
modelmike7:
So we won't get another striker this season again but still depending on Costa?
Issokay.
Which Costa ?
Re: Two In, One Out And Chelsea Are Once Again Contenders by Nobody: 5:38am On Aug 09, 2018
Oluwasaeon:

Which Costa ?
Morata, I mean.
Re: Two In, One Out And Chelsea Are Once Again Contenders by Oluwasaeon(m): 5:42am On Aug 09, 2018
modelmike7:

Morata, I mean.
Okay. I really do not know who we expect to finish off the chances Hazard, Jorginho, Barkley, Fabregas, Kovacic and the likes will create. Our midfield right now doesn't deserve Morata. What a pity!

1 Like

Re: Two In, One Out And Chelsea Are Once Again Contenders by Nobody: 5:45am On Aug 09, 2018
Oluwasaeon:

Okay. I really do not know who we expect to finish off the chances Hazard, Jorginho, Barkley, Fabregas, Kovacic and the likes will create. Our midfield right now doesn't deserve Morata. What a pity!
It's just really appaling and sad.
71 million pounds for a keeper? ( A keeper worth 18millions pounds in January, so I heard!)
When we all know a World class striker is what we need urgently, that can bring out the work of all those world class midfielders.
Let's wait and see how it all goes tho.....
Re: Two In, One Out And Chelsea Are Once Again Contenders by Oluwasaeon(m): 5:55am On Aug 09, 2018
modelmike7:

It's just really appaling and sad.
71 million pounds for a keeper? ( A keeper worth 18millions pounds in January, so I heard!)
When we all know a World class striker is what we need urgently, that can bring out the work of all those world class midfielders.
Let's wait and see how it all goes tho.....
The money is outrageous but... Same time no club is willing to part with their prized asset.
I don't know how we go take do the striker matter this season, Batshuayi is on way to Valencia now, according to rumors. We've just Morata and Giroud...
Re: Two In, One Out And Chelsea Are Once Again Contenders by Nobody: 5:58am On Aug 09, 2018
Oluwasaeon:

The money is outrageous but... Same time no club is willing to part with their prized asset.
I don't know how we go take do the striker matter this season, Batshuayi is on way to Valencia now, according to rumors. We've just Morata and Giroud...
Hope you know that is the 2nd keeper for Spain national team?
He was at the world cup but didn't play any part throughout.
He is good tho, that is not the point in talking of now.
(I did some research about the deal and found out that on the long run, it is really worth it.)
The striker is the main thing.
We wait and see what happens.
Re: Two In, One Out And Chelsea Are Once Again Contenders by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 09, 2018
modelmike7:

Hooe you know that is the 2nd keeper for Spain national team?
He was at the world cup but didn't play any part throughout.
He is good tho, that is not the point in talking of now.
(I did some research about the deal and found out that on the long run, it is really worth it.)
The striker is the main thing.
We wait and see what happens.
at least 92% of Spanish fans were clamoring for him but the coach just decided to stick with De Gea maybe because of Man U level or something.
Re: Two In, One Out And Chelsea Are Once Again Contenders by larsmo35(m): 7:06am On Aug 09, 2018
COURTOIS WRITES HEARTFELT MESSAGE TO CHELSEA FANS AFTER COMPLETING MADRID MOVE

[url][/url]https://zenoxsport./2018/08/08/courtois-writes-heartfelt-letter-to-chelsea-fans/

Re: Two In, One Out And Chelsea Are Once Again Contenders by hi3: 7:15am On Aug 09, 2018
What a relief...the skirt one is gone

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Tottenham @8pm Today / CAF CL: Wydad Casablanca 0 Vs Lobi Stars 0 Full-time / Today's Transfer News (TTN)----ALL DETAILED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.