Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Most Common Interview Blunders And How To Avoid Them - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Most Common Interview Blunders And How To Avoid Them (12946 Views)

Common Interview Questions And Answers Plus Other Interview Tips / 13 Common Interview Questions & Their Impressive Answers / How To Answer 18 Common Interview Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Common Interview Blunders And How To Avoid Them by Offpoint: 10:06am On Aug 09, 2018
Darkseid:
I'll like to ask something. Let's say you went for an interview with about three other people and each took about 30 minutes. During your turn, the interview went very well, the interviewers were happy and they really enjoyed the conversation but yours lasted only ten minutes instead of thirty; is it a bad sign?
Village people 1
you o

lol, it's a terrible sign my brother.
Re: Most Common Interview Blunders And How To Avoid Them by Darkseid(m): 10:09am On Aug 09, 2018
greygoblings:

Actually, it can be a bad or a good sign. When interviewers are quick to let you go, then, it might mean they have already selected their candidate or you were not interesting. On the other hand, it can also mean before you were invited in, they have already selected you as their candidate and felt no need to ask much based on your Resume or cover letter. But the earlier most often holds sway.
Okay, thanks a lot for your response.
Re: Most Common Interview Blunders And How To Avoid Them by Darkseid(m): 10:10am On Aug 09, 2018
Offpoint:

Village people 1
you o

lol, it's a terrible sign my brother.
grin grin grin
Not when I dey spray anti-villagepeople perfume.
Re: Most Common Interview Blunders And How To Avoid Them by Yinxies(f): 10:34am On Aug 09, 2018
I can design a website for your business in 3days for just 25k. Check my signature
Re: Most Common Interview Blunders And How To Avoid Them by MyExpression(m): 10:45am On Aug 09, 2018
[quote author=asuustrike2009 post=70119196][/quote]

Life isn't and has never been fair. Even God play favorites. Parents too.
Re: Most Common Interview Blunders And How To Avoid Them by PRINCEVICKEY: 10:55am On Aug 09, 2018
DONADAMS:
BTW
sorry for digressing... please how do I get a refund from
taxify? I paid for a fare in cash and when I got home
they still debited my account...I've been waiting since
Saturday buh they are yet to refund...please how do I
go about it?

report to SARS asap....because SARS handle anything in Nigeria dis days ...... even if u fight ur neighbor or have family issue ... u can still call sars....so far u have money to give dem ...
Re: Most Common Interview Blunders And How To Avoid Them by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 09, 2018
MyExpression:

Life isn't and has never been fair. Even God play favorites. Parents too.
If life isn't fair does that mean we should make it unfair?
How would you feel if you are been oppressed for something that belongs to you?
Re: Most Common Interview Blunders And How To Avoid Them by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 09, 2018
greygoblings:

My point exactly, this happens sometimes and it is the reality.

Then were is the integrity we clamour for?.
Re: Most Common Interview Blunders And How To Avoid Them by DONADAMS(m): 12:41pm On Aug 09, 2018
PRINCEVICKEY:

report to SARS asap....because SARS handle anything in Nigeria dis days ...... even if u fight ur neighbor or have family issue ... u can still call sars....so far u have money to give dem ...
chai..na wa oh..see as I run open the mention think say na better thing..and na una dey complain for buhari tyranny oh...Lol..everything no be with force na, thanks sha..
Re: Most Common Interview Blunders And How To Avoid Them by greygoblings(m): 12:42pm On Aug 09, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Then were is the integrity we clamour for?.

Lol! I think you need to understand that your knowledge and performance in interviews doesn't get you a job anywhere in this world. Body language, a word, your perfume, dressing...and just about anything not relating to how smart you are can make or mar you in an interview. So this has nothing to do with integrity. If I had employed my family member, then your comment might suffice.
Re: Most Common Interview Blunders And How To Avoid Them by greygoblings(m): 12:45pm On Aug 09, 2018
goodconscience:

Wow!

Anyway, I don't agree with you that most advertisers already have an 'internal candidate' to fill a position. Say a few, but never most.
I'm not surprised you gave the job to the lady though. I guess she was good enough for the job.

Really? lol. It is the truth. Many adverts are done to satisfy donor or funders requirements. The candidate to be taken is already on standby.
Re: Most Common Interview Blunders And How To Avoid Them by PRINCEVICKEY: 12:45pm On Aug 09, 2018
DONADAMS:
chai..na wa oh..see as I run open the mention think say na better thing..and na una dey complain for buhari tyranny oh...Lol..everything no be with force na, thanks sha..

BUH U STILL GAIN SOMETHING NAH
Re: Most Common Interview Blunders And How To Avoid Them by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 09, 2018
greygoblings:

Lol! I think you need to understand that your knowledge and performance in interviews doesn't get you a job anywhere in this world. Body language, a word, your perfume, dressing...and just about anything not relating to how smart you are can make or mar you in an interview. So this has nothing to do with integrity. If I had employed my family member, then your comment might suffice.
Now i see why many businesses are failing in Nigeria
Re: Most Common Interview Blunders And How To Avoid Them by kinggenesis(m): 3:25pm On Aug 09, 2018
In addition, job seekers should endeavor to understand basic laws in their field before going for an interview.

The interviewer may take you unaware with simple questions which can be really embarrassing. You go dey sweat under AC. cheesy

You can imagine being asked to state the 3 laws of motion or Ohms law (because you studied electrical electronics engineering) for the role of quantity surveyor.

Na there you go know sey your village people no sleep the previous night. grin
Re: Most Common Interview Blunders And How To Avoid Them by jaywhoco(m): 4:10pm On Aug 09, 2018
Kookny:

This is not an error in speech...
It is only an error in writing.
Pele

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chemonics International Job Recruitment 2017 (12 Positions) / Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? / Jobs I Can Consider For Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.