Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. (1412 Views)

Are HIV Patients So Eager To Infect Others? / Some People Are Unaware That They Are HIV Positive / Help Me! Syphilis Wants To Finish My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by lawalosky(m): 7:37am On Aug 09, 2018
friends please what are the simple ways to ask a casual partner if him/her is HIV, Stds, syphilis etc free person (I.e a way it will not look awkward to him/her).
your kindy suggestions is really needed.
Cc:lalasticala
Re: How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by Blakjewelry(m): 8:36am On Aug 09, 2018
aba imagine if person ask you that kind of question. the way I do mine is to engage the person in similar topic like how people are afraid of going to the center to carry out test, how my first test was a bit scary when they asked if I can go and come back the next day for the sti but I told them to give me the HIV test result first bla bla bla. naturally they will share their own experience but if they haven't they will tell you so then you can suggests how about we go for a test together.

it work most of the time, I recall my was blunt she ask for a test result before she will have anything to do with her, since I value her there goes the me for test

1 Like

Re: How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by Dammylois(f): 9:54am On Aug 09, 2018
Ask in a polite manner the last time the person went for screening.... Then share your own experience too, if you guys want to be serious you both can go for the screening together again..... Fear the individual if he's scared of screening o.... Cos all those things you wrote up there are real and E go be like film trick when one test positive to any of those...... I recently went for screening and somehow I was gvn a wrong result..... I can't decribe the dilemma I was thinking of what I did exactly.................
Re: How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by gassbee: 12:36pm On Aug 09, 2018
lawalosky:

friends please what are the simple ways to ask a partner if she/he is HIV, Stds, syphilis etc free person that will not look awkward to him/she....
don't ask her, just take her to d lab for d 2 of u to be tested,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by ibori1(m): 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2018
hmmmmm
Re: How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by theachiever: 8:13pm On Aug 09, 2018
please friends what's the major symptoms of HIV in men
Re: How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by lawalosky(m): 8:23pm On Aug 09, 2018
Dammylois:
Ask in a polite manner the last time the person went for screening.... Then share your own experience too, if you guys want to be serious you both can go for the screening together again..... Fear the individual if he's scared of screening o.... Cos all those things you wrote up there are real and E go be like film trick when one test positive to any of those...... I recently went for screening and somehow I was gvn a wrong result..... I can't decribe the dilemma I was thinking of what I did exactly.................
tnx for the contribution
Re: How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by lawalosky(m): 8:23pm On Aug 09, 2018
Blakjewelry:
aba imagine if person ask you that kind of question. the I do mine is to engage the person in similar topic like how people are afraid of going to the center to carry out test, how my first test was a bit scary when they asked if I can go and come back the next day for the sti but I told them to give me the HIV test result first bla bla bla. naturally they will share their own experience but if they haven't they will tell you so then you can suggests how about we go for a test together.

it work most of the time, I recall my was blunt she ask for a test result before she will have anything to do with her, since I value her there goes the me for test
tnx bro
Re: How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by Blakjewelry(m): 10:46pm On Aug 09, 2018
Dammylois:
I use to be scared of this HIV stuff but right now, not so scared but being cautious. the fear is from lack of orientation, I remembered engaging a girl on this discussion very long time ago. actually it started with her saying if she contacted HIV from a guy, if any guy should just say hi, he is dead already Lol. so I asked her why and she said she is going to be on a revenge mission so I decided engaged her on the topic, at the end of the discussion it was already late as I get up to leave she shoot hand with me and there in her hand was cash which she said its for transport, I told her not to border but she insisted its just a token of her appreciation.
Re: How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by Blakjewelry(m): 10:52pm On Aug 09, 2018
theachiever:
please friends what's the major symptoms of HIV in men
HIV have many symptoms and it is not like everything is going to pop up automatically it varies and it also depends on how healthy the person is, the best way is to walk into one of the centres and do your test.
Re: How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by lawalosky(m): 9:34am On Aug 10, 2018
Blakjewelry:

HIV have many symptoms and it is not like everything is going to pop up automatically it varies and it also depends on how healthy the person is, the best way is to walk into one of the centres and do your test.
like if mistakingly someone got exposed to any of this diseases, is there any action/remedy such persons should take to make the virus ineffective, as in before it start to dominate the body system....
e.g razor blade cut, unprotected sex. within that seconds is there anything one can do??
let's learn in case.
Re: How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by ugomnaanny: 10:22am On Aug 10, 2018
lawalosky:

like if mistakingly someone got exposed to any of this diseases, is there any action/remedy such persons should take to make the virus ineffective, as in before it start to dominate the body system....
e.g razor blade cut, unprotected sex. within that seconds is there anything one can do??
let's learn in case.
yes run to the nearest government hospital for PEP drugs, it's a 1months drugs that fights the virus (that is if it is present , and if u are negative as at that moment)
Re: How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by lawalosky(m): 3:11pm On Aug 10, 2018
ugomnaanny:
yes run to the nearest government hospital for PEP drugs, it's a 1months drugs that fights the virus (that is if it is present , and if u are negative as at that moment)
alryt tnx for that
Re: How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by Dammylois(f): 5:01pm On Aug 11, 2018
Blakjewelry:

I use to be scared of this HIV stuff but right now, not so scared but being cautious. the fear is from lack of orientation, I remembered engaging a girl on this discussion very long time ago. actually it started with her saying if she contacted HIV from a guy, if any guy should just say hi, he is dead already Lol. so I asked her why and she said she is going to be on a revenge mission so I decided engaged her on the topic, at the end of the discussion it was already late as I get up to leave she shoot hand with me and there in her hand was cash which she said its for transport, I told her not to border but she insisted its just a token of her appreciation.
appre gini
Re: How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by Blakjewelry(m): 5:12pm On Aug 11, 2018
Dammylois:
appre gini
because with proper orientation you will realize HIV is not a death sentence as there a lot of diseases out there which are more deadly than HIV and there diseases which kills faster HIV beside HIV itself does not kill if manage properly.

though I am extremely carefully and don't pray I get it but if I have it, I won't beat myself about because I know with proper care I can live a normal life like any other person. being a HIV positive person doesn't make any more less than others.
Re: How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by Dammylois(f): 9:29pm On Aug 11, 2018
Blakjewelry:

because with proper orientation you will realize HIV is not a death sentence as there a lot of diseases out there which are more deadly than HIV and there diseases which kills faster HIV beside HIV itself does not kill if manage properly.

though I am extremely carefully and don't pray I get it but if I have it, I won't beat myself about because I know with proper care I can live a normal life like any other person. being a HIV positive person doesn't make any more less than others.
very true.... But some people now vow to share to everyone for whatever reason
Re: How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by theachiever: 10:01pm On Aug 11, 2018
Blakjewelry:

Thanks so much I av done the test two times like two months ND weeks interval was negative after exposure of unprotected sex but am still afraid due to I was constantly 3months sick but am getting better now, so what can you say please
Re: How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by Blakjewelry(m): 11:40am On Aug 12, 2018
theachiever:

Thanks so much I av done the test two times like two months ND weeks interval was negative after exposure of unprotected sex but am still afraid due to I was constantly 3months sick but am getting better now, so what can you say please
as for the being constantly sick aspect I will suggest you see a doctor for proper diagnosis to ascertain the real cause or it might just be psychological. the mind has a way of affecting the body, remember a healthy mind is a healthy body. take my case for instant if drink or it something then I figured the thing might be unclean instantly my body temperature will begin to rise and I might fall sick if I don't assure myself that it is OK.

so it might just be due to fear or better still see your doc to be sure.
Re: How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by Blakjewelry(m): 11:51am On Aug 12, 2018
Dammylois:
very true.... But some people now vow to share to everyone for whatever reason
that is as a result bad or mental conditioning. take an instance will you become an arm robber because you got robbed by an arm bandit or start killing innocent people because someone you love was killed? the answer is no rather you will join force will others to try and stop it from affecting others. same thing with hiv, all the religious book I know speak loving others as you would yourself so why hurt others because you were hurt that defiles the law of humanity
Re: How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by theachiever: 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2018
Blakjewelry:

as for the being constantly sick aspect I will suggest you see a doctor for proper diagnosis to ascertain the real cause or it might just be psychological. the mind has a way of affecting the body, remember a healthy mind is a healthy body. take my case for instant if drink or it something then I figured the thing might be unclean instantly my body temperature will begin to rise and I might fall sick if I don't assure myself that it is OK.

so it might just be due to fear or better still see your doc to be sure.
alduo I was infected but those two result tested staphylococcus
Re: How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by Zhirinovsky: 8:48am On Sep 05, 2018
Just look her straight in the eyes and ask "babe, you carry Aids?"
lawalosky:

friends please what are the simple ways to ask a casual partner if him/her is HIV, Stds, syphilis etc free person (I.e a way it will not look awkward to him/her).
Cc:lalasticala
Re: How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by lawalosky(m): 10:06am On Sep 05, 2018
Zhirinovsky:
Just look her straight in the eyes and ask "babe, you carry Aids?"
Lolx. It look some how na bros
Re: How Can One Ask His/her Partner If They Are HIV. Syphilis Etc.. by phyllispenn: 9:49am On Sep 06, 2018
if you really need to be cured call me or whatapp me on 08146677303 call on this 07054819297

(1) (Reply)

The Criminal Anthony M. Okeke / We Know It Kills, But We Still Get It Into Our Body, Why? / Any Cure For Pile?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.