Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,519 members, 7,801,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Wonders Of Nature - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Wonders Of Nature (495 Views)

Dilapidated Nature Of Oyebanjo Street, Ketu Lagos That Swallowed Two Kids / The Wonders Of Ladder-like 240km-long Yaxi “skyroad” Expressway In China / Inside Lufasi Nature Park, Lekki-Epe Expressway (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wonders Of Nature by Jammy28(m): 11:01am On Aug 09, 2018
Laguna Colorada in the Altiplano region of Bolivia
In the southwestern corner of Bolivia, near its border with Chile, the 23-square-mile salt lake called Laguna Colorada stands out against the stark landscape. The shallow lake sits more than 2 miles above sea level on the Altiplano—the wide, high plain in the Andes Mountains that includes the Bolivian Plateau. While this image highlights the reflection of the surrounding mountains when they catch just the right kind of light, other perspectives cast the Laguna Colorada showing off its own vibrant color. The tomato hue is courtesy of salt water, sediments, and red algae, the latter a food source for flocks of the increasingly rare James’s flamingo, which wade in the lake feasting on the microorganisms.

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Apartments In France / I Used My Old Passport To Pay For My Visa Fee Can Any / South African (student Visa) Inquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.