Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? (47887 Views)

Food Stuffs Supply Business In Nigeria / How To Set Up A Mini Kerosene Depot And Make Money / CBN Raises Cash Limit To N500k For Individuals & N3m For Corporate Bodies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by cavicent19(m): 2:26pm On Aug 01, 2010
Stagger,

i'll await the refund from plimu
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by OluwaKANYE: 6:05pm On Aug 01, 2010
@ stagger
Thanks for your help, I will appreciate if you could please answer these questions.
1) How much would it cost to start as a supplier (minimum)?
2) What's the profit like?
3) Do you know if it's the same process with gas supplier?
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by stagger: 7:43pm On Aug 01, 2010
i am sure those who spent their hard earned money buying the manual already know the answer to these questions. Not everything in life is a freebie.
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by deliceshop(m): 11:06am On Aug 02, 2010
stagger:

i am sure those who spent their hard earned money buying the manual already know the answer to these questions. Not everything in life is a freebie.

@stagger

Hello

Thank you I got the manual

my first question is in page 11 line number 2 under consultancy services.
does it stand for just using it and keeping a copy in case there is a control?
or using it to buy product only. could you throw more light into this?

Are you a marketer or can you recommend one?

Must you pay a marketer before delivery or payment on delivery?

What is the gurantee this is a sure banker and worth investing in if i want to have 4 location?

Can you do a training for a week on how to manage or operate this business, the mesure product on delivery, retails sales, the right material to use while selling to endusers (customer)?

when buying from a marketer what is the gurantee of deliver on time?

waiting to hear from you

Deliceshop
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by cavicent19(m): 1:26pm On Aug 02, 2010
Stagger,

am still waiting for plimus to refund my money since the transaction was canceled.

Please, assist me with plimus to get the money back.
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by stagger: 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2010
deliceshop:

@stagger

Hello

Thank you I got the manual

my first question is in page 11 line number 2 under consultancy services.
does it stand for just using it and keeping a copy in case there is a control?
or using it to buy product only. could you throw more light into this?

Are you a marketer or can you recommend one?

Must you pay a marketer before delivery or payment on delivery?

What is the gurantee this is a sure banker and worth investing in if i want to have 4 location?

Can you do a training for a week on how to manage or operate this business, the mesure product on delivery, retails sales, the right material to use while selling to endusers (customer)?

when buying from a marketer what is the gurantee of deliver on time?

waiting to hear from you

Deliceshop

Direct these and other questions to kero@2incstore.com and they will be addressed. I will however address these ones by email.

cavicent19:

Stagger,

am still waiting for plimus to refund my money since the transaction was canceled.

Are you very sure that the refund has not been done? Deliceshop had a similar problem as yours and he was refunded. He was able to re-order successfully. As it is, I cannot ask Plimus for a refund because I did not make the payment. The credit card used is yours and you have the details. So you should direct your complaints to sales@plimus.com and include all the details of the transaction so it can be sorted out today. I have already written them about your complaint.

Please understand that I do not work with or for Plimus. I just use them as my payment processor and I am charged for it. So just do what I have directed and I am sure like Deliceshop, your issue will be sorted out. Thanks.
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by deliceshop(m): 3:10pm On Aug 02, 2010
stagger:

Direct these and other questions to kero@2incstore.com and they will be addressed. I will however address these ones by email.

Are you very sure that the refund has not been done? Deliceshop had a similar problem as yours and he was refunded. He was able to re-order successfully. As it is, I cannot ask Plimus for a refund because I did not make the payment. The credit card used is yours and you have the details. So you should direct your complaints to sales@plimus.com and include all the details of the transaction so it can be sorted out today. I have already written them about your complaint.

Please understand that I do not work with or for Plimus. I just use them as my payment processor and I am charged for it. So just do what I have directed and I am sure like Deliceshop, your issue will be sorted out. Thanks.
hello i have emailed you the question looking forward to you response
plus the manual is it just 11 pages cos i got email with download password? but no link to download

deliceshop
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by stagger: 3:19pm On Aug 02, 2010
do not worry. doesn't apply to u. Just check your email for answers.
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by stagger: 11:31am On Aug 03, 2010
cavicent19:

Stagger,

here is the message I got from Plimus this morning.

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

The transaction the customer is seeing on his bank account is NOT a charge. This is only an authorization to the card for the amount of the purchase that was ATTEMPTED. This is a temporary pending transaction which will drop off within a few business days when your financial institution realizes we have not "captured" that authorization.

Because we were unable to process the order and it was declined his card will not be charged.

We suggest that he check back with his bank or credit card company in a few days to verify the transaction is no longer pending. The exact amount of time this takes is dependent upon the financial institution and can be up to five business days.

If you still have issues with any charges after this period of time, please contact us with full details so that we can research the matter and assist you accordingly.

If he wishes to place an order again, he may do so at any time.

We hope this clarifies the situation but if you have additional questions on this matter, please let us know and we would be happy to assist you further.

Regards,
Robert-Plimus Support

There you have it.
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by deliceshop(m): 2:13pm On Aug 03, 2010
stagger:

do not worry. doesn't apply to u. Just check your email for answers.

I WILL LIKE TO KNOW AS @ 2 DAY IF YOU ARE TO SUPPLY HOW LONG WILL IT BE DELIVERED?

THE PRICE YOU WILL BE GIVEN US WILL IT INCLUDE TRANSPORTATION TO MY LOCATIONS IN LAGOS

WHAT IS THE PRICE FOR 1OOOOL OR 15OOOOL FOR LOCATION IN IKOTUN, IJEGUN, ISHERI OSHUN LAGOS, JAKANDE ESTATE OKE AFA ISOLO LAGOS

I have send you an email for more questions

DELICESHOP
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by fekwenugo2: 2:17pm On Aug 03, 2010
Good day,

Due to scam related oil transactions.
Where can my firm locate registered NNPC dealers in Nigeria that might have the
right to deal Bonny light Crude legitimately?

We are not interested in oil that has been bunkered by oil thiefs,
We require the official price as well,

Thanks.
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by stagger: 2:30pm On Aug 03, 2010
I have a company that is licensed to sell crude by one of the JV partners. However, after a NL brought a deal that nearly destroyed my relationship with these guys, i have learnt to be more careful.

You cannot get such a list. It does not exist. You should just pray that you get a contact in that sector that can change your life.
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by delampy(f): 4:23pm On Aug 03, 2010
@ stagger,

I've gotten the SMS you sent. I will pick up the package by tomorrow.Are you atill coming to Lagos this week?

I still have some questions for you but will take that offline.
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by stagger: 4:43pm On Aug 03, 2010
delampy:

@ stagger,

I've gotten the SMS you sent. I will pick up the package by tomorrow.Are you atill coming to Lagos this week?

I still have some questions for you but will take that offline.

Maybe u should call the number by 8pm today. We can address your questions.
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by stagger: 9:46am On Aug 04, 2010
deliceshop:

I WILL LIKE TO KNOW AS @ 2 DAY IF YOU ARE TO SUPPLY HOW LONG WILL IT BE DELIVERED?

THE PRICE YOU WILL BE GIVEN US WILL IT INCLUDE TRANSPORTATION TO MY LOCATIONS IN LAGOS

WHAT IS THE PRICE FOR 1OOOOL OR 15OOOOL FOR LOCATION IN IKOTUN, IJEGUN, ISHERI OSHUN LAGOS, JAKANDE ESTATE OKE AFA ISOLO LAGOS

I have send you an email for more questions

DELICESHOP

I have replied to your questions. Hope you find the answers helpful.

Well, the manual has almost been exhausted. If you were unable to get it when ot was at rock bottom price, I cannot help you anymore. Window of opportunity is virtually closed.
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by delampy(f): 9:48am On Aug 04, 2010
@ stagger,

i'm just reading your reply. Can we reschedule the call for 8pm today?

thanks
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by stagger: 10:05am On Aug 04, 2010
I will send u an SMS now.
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by atuagbo: 1:47pm On Aug 04, 2010
I made a payment of $15 for " How to Setup Profitable Kerosene Business" since yesterday but am yet to received my manual.

Receipt for my Payment is (Ref# 53632952)

Pls, what is the problem oooooooo?
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by atuagbo: 1:56pm On Aug 04, 2010
@ stagger,

Am yet to received my manual.
paulpurpose2000@yahoo.co.nz
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by stagger: 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2010
Ur manual was sent to your box yesterday evening. If it is not in the Inbox, check your Bulk mail folder
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by atuagbo: 3:29pm On Aug 04, 2010
@stagger,
there is nothing in my box and bulk mail.

This is the only mail I received

Dear Paul akhidenor,

Thank you for your recent purchase using the Plimus.com Online Store.

Plimus is under contract with Pecotrac Ltd to process orders and collect payments.

If you have any content-related or technical questions about the product, only the manufacturer can provide proper support, please contact
Name: Pecotrac Ltd
Email: legsceo@gmail.com

If you contact the seller, please be patient and allow them 2 business days to respond.

If after two business days the issue remains unresolved, Plimus will be happy to assist you directly. To make a customer service inquiry regarding this purchase please visit:

We have received your order and your credit card charge has been authorized.

Use the link below to request product support, see your order information online, retrieve your receipt, obtain an official invoice, request refund or to have your product/registration keys resent (if applicable), do not reply to this email as your reply will go unread:

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future. Please find the receipt for your order at the end of this message
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by atuagbo: 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2010
@stagger,

I also received this mail,

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your purchase of:

(1) - How to Setup a Profitable Kerosene Business - Full Version

Licensing information will be sent to you within 48 hours.

Should you have any questions please contact us at: legsceo@gmail.com

Sincerely,

Pecotrac Ltd
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by stagger: 7:08pm On Aug 04, 2010
I personally sent an email with the manual from ceo@2incstore.com to two of you. One to you and another guy from Kaduna. Really surprised to hear that you did not get it because the email did not bounce back as unsent. So i am resending it. Check again.
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by atuagbo: 8:31am On Aug 05, 2010
@stagger,

Thks, I 've received it.
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by newworldcapital(m): 2:03pm On Aug 05, 2010
Hi,
I am looking for a business partner who has capital of N2, 000, 000 to partner with me.

I'm currently in Enugu State for a 5 month and wish to venture into a business which is the importation of laptops at an affordable rate from China.

I have gathered a lot of information about the business and the manufacturer I have in China.

Recently there has been a consistent increase in the number of laptop purchase in Nigeria.

This is a lucrative business which does not require too much of marketing because I already have a ready market for the product.

Attached is the pictures of the Laptops I have made inquiries and have the proforma invoice for 25pcs.

If you are up for the idea please contact me. 07053186048 or greatdl766@gmail.com

Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by stagger: 2:44pm On Aug 05, 2010
newworldcapital:

Hi,
I am looking for a business partner who has capital of N2, 000, 000 to partner with me.

I'm currently in Enugu State for a 5 month and wish to venture into a business which is the importation of laptops at an affordable rate from China.

I have gathered a lot of information about the business and the manufacturer I have in China.

Recently there has been a consistent increase in the number of laptop purchase in Nigeria.

This is a lucrative business which does not require too much of marketing because I already have a ready market for the product.

Attached is the pictures of the Laptops I have made inquiries and have the proforma invoice for 25pcs.

If you are up for the idea please contact me. 07053186048 or greatdl766@gmail.com

You are truly a slowpoke!

Since when did kerosene and computers go hand in hand? Did you not see the computer section to post your thread, or can't you start one yourself?
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by omotititi: 4:03pm On Aug 05, 2010
I am happy to be part pf this forum.

Stagger ,please save my soul.I started this business of kerosine peddling sometimes last year and I have stopped temporarily because of the challenges I encountered.I have a tank of 16000 capacity and a disperser powered by generator.I invested about 600k to set it up and have my DPR permit.I ventured into this business as second source of income cos I work somewhere currently.

these are the challenges I encountered:
1.My sales people were always cheating and stealing my money.When I ask that they sell at the going rate/price in the market,they would rather sell at a price slightly higher to make some margin for themselves and thereby tie down my product for a very long time.
2.Product shortages- I was sourcing my product initially from Benin depot and most of the time when i buy between 10000 and 15000 litres,i always record shortages of upwards of 500 litres per trip.It became like a nomr for all purchases
3.Government and tax officlas-These people were always coming with all sorts of tax payments and all that
4.Instatbility in product pricing-This is actually the biggest issue that frustrated me out of the business.Most of the time, the product one buys at a higher price was sold at a low price because of sharp changes in prices.

In a nutshell,the business is a bit risky and the margin is around 2-3 per litre and if you factor your shortages and the theiving staff,you will have to source for money from other sources to buy your next product.

Please advise me on how to revive my kerosene peddling business and make it profitable.I would be happy if you can send the manul to me too
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by stagger: 10:17am On Aug 06, 2010
omotititi:

I am happy to be part pf this forum.

Stagger ,please save my soul.I started this business of kerosine peddling sometimes last year and I have stopped temporarily because of the challenges I encountered.I have a tank of 16000 capacity and a disperser powered by generator.I invested about 600k to set it up and have my DPR permit.I ventured into this business as second source of income cos I work somewhere currently.

these are the challenges I encountered:
1.My sales people were always cheating and stealing my money.When I ask that they sell at the going rate/price in the market,they would rather sell at a price slightly higher to make some margin for themselves and thereby tie down my product for a very long time.
2.Product shortages- I was sourcing my product initially from Benin depot and most of the time when i buy between 10000 and 15000 litres,i always record shortages of upwards of 500 litres per trip.It became like a nomr for all purchases
3.Government and tax officlas-These people were always coming with all sorts of tax payments and all that
4.Instatbility in product pricing-This is actually the biggest issue that frustrated me out of the business.Most of the time, the product one buys at a higher price was sold at a low price because of sharp changes in prices.

In a nutshell,the business is a bit risky and the margin is around 2-3 per litre and if you factor your shortages and the theiving staff,you will have to source for money from other sources to buy your next product.

Please advise me on how to revive my kerosene peddling business and make it profitable.I would be happy if you can send the manul to me too

As someone who has been in the business since 1992, I weep when I hear stories like this. It is because of these kinds of issues that I came up with that manual so that those who purchase it can have access to getting advice from me on how not to fall prey.

Before anything, I would advise you to call me today by 6pm on 08027601655 so that we can talk at length.
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by omotititi: 10:29am On Aug 06, 2010
Thank you Stagger.I will sure call you.I need to bring back that business because I have not made anything from the capital invested at all
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by stagger: 10:46am On Aug 06, 2010
Ok. I will expect your call at 6pm on the dot.

cavicent19:

Stagger,

I take it you have been refunded? If you have, you can try getting the manual again. The window of opportunity is almost closed.
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by cavicent19(m): 11:12am On Aug 06, 2010
Starger,

thanks, though am yet to receive the refund but plimus said it might take 5 buz day for the refund from my bank but i paid for another copy which i've received 2 days ago.

thanks.
Re: Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? by stagger: 11:23am On Aug 06, 2010
Oh ok.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

How A Pregnant Lady Extorted Money From Customers At A Bank / List Of Hot Selling Products-buy And Sell / Dangote Is Selling Dangote Flour Mills For N130 Billion ($361.11 Million)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.