Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,025 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) (46898 Views)

Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video / 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites / Ikeja Bus Terminal That Was Commissioned Has Not Been Completed. See Why (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by nedu2000(m): 10:57pm On Aug 09, 2018
It is a big lie,abandoned portion of the road/rail of the lagos/badagry exp way. People have even started using portions of the road to farm.
Finniger busstop.

3 Likes

Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by DSDLIVEREPORT: 11:00pm On Aug 09, 2018
Bolustical:
GEJ's Project

GEJ completed 95 per cent of this project, Ambode is just taking his glory.

-Typical ranting line of some wailers
Bros.do u know what u are saying? This is Laos not Abuja.It has nothing to do with GeJ or.the federal.It was world Bank assisted via loan to be paid back by taxed lagosians.
But my take is that 35yrs ago PMB stopped this project .A state that has been refused federal capital status started afresh with own initiative and coincidentally the man that stopped it and made 78m dollars go down is the one his administration is going to take the glory. What an irony!

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by adeoba2008(m): 11:05pm On Aug 09, 2018
I still don't know why Autojosh said this project is almost over. Nairalanders , Autojosh is now ambode Chief Press Secretary.

5 Likes

Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by DSDLIVEREPORT: 11:06pm On Aug 09, 2018
Omooba77:

Sir and you believe this lie; please tomorrow travel from Marina to Orile to First Gate to Okokomaiko and see for yourself.
Bro it's not a lie ,it's near completion but I can say I haven't seen is the coaches .The work is progressive except for few times okoko axis was suspended.I lost properties to this project in 2009..so I have interest in seeing it concluded.

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by Omooba77: 11:08pm On Aug 09, 2018
DSDLIVEREPORT:

Bro it's not a lie ,it's near completion but I can say I haven't seen is the coaches .The work is progressive except for few times okoko axis was suspended.I lost properties to this project in 2009..so I have interest in seeing it concluded.

You have not said anything different sir. What percentage is it now?

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by delvinmaya(m): 11:25pm On Aug 09, 2018
DSDLIVEREPORT:

Bros issa lie. I take these routes myself every day, and it's not near completion in anyway

6 Likes

Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 09, 2018
I would implore AutoJosh to confirm details before putting stuffs up, this project isn't near any completion going by the routes you stated they haven't even finished linking it properly, other places has been abandoned they jumped to the island I also heard its going to have a stop at Atlantic City. I don't know why people are praising Ambode, if this project dates back to the 1980s it goes to show Lagos has a master plan being followed so it's more of a mission than some personal glory.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by SternProphet: 11:27pm On Aug 09, 2018
DSDLIVEREPORT:
Bros.do u know what u are saying? This is Laos not Abuja.It has nothing to do with GeJ or.the federal.It was world Bank assisted via loan to be paid back by taxed lagosians.
But my take is that 35yrs ago PMB stopped this project .A state that has been refused federal capital status started afresh with own initiative and coincidentally the man that stopped it and made 78m dollars go down is the one his administration is going to take the glory. What an irony!

Stopped it 35 years ago but there have been IBB, ING, Abacha, OBJ, Yaradua and GEJ and none of them revived it why?. There are too many shallow people on Nairaland. How do you send your brain on leave.

Some more education for the ignorant, the project people were referring to was mono rail. Who started mono rail?. Alhaji Jakande, Governor of Lagos State.

It was never a federal project so all that Buhari probably cancelled was the FG loan guarantees when oil price fell to $9 a barrel.

Some more education for generation ignorant. Jakande became Minister of Housing for Abacha. He was the most trusted minister Abacha had..so why did he not get Abacha to complete his beloved project that he was passionate about?. Maybe because projects are revised financially for feasibility, pay back period and existing infrastructure support like power.

Anyway whatever the reason, the originator of the project did not do anything with his favourite project even when he was at the most advantageous position to do so. This speaks volumes.

My advice is this, anytime you are going to make comments, do your research first. If you are going to echo someone's comments like a tape recorder, think about the topic, ask yourself questions and in answrring them you can increase knowledge stock of the world.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by olajizz01(m): 11:35pm On Aug 09, 2018
nairavsdollars:
If not for Buhari’s thoughtlessness, this project would have been completed over 30 years ago. But some Afonja slaves are still hailing him. Proudly Biafra...land of the RISING CRIME.
I throughly see that you came from where crime was the order of the day.

3 Likes

Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 09, 2018
another potential monorail project in the making.
Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 11:59pm On Aug 09, 2018
ifymadu:
Nice one Lagos, the only state that seams to be progressing in Nigeria. It’s not about commissioning round abouts and flyovers like most states, especially my state (Abia).

Why mentioning Abia with your useless Lagos comparition, what's so special about the third world Lagos...get sense please.
Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by pfadom: 12:40am On Aug 10, 2018
nairavsdollars:
If not for Buhari’s thoughtlessness, this project would have been completed over 30 years ago. But some Afonja slaves are still hailing him. Proudly Biafra...land of the rising sun

What a shameless being you are!

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by tenmariner: 12:57am On Aug 10, 2018
nairavsdollars:
If not for Buhari’s thoughtlessness, this project would have been completed over 30 years ago. But some Afonja slaves are still hailing him. Proudly Biafra...land of the rising sun

You are absolutely right. He stopped it for sentimental reasons then. That's one of my reservation for PMB

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by inikamoze(m): 1:22am On Aug 10, 2018
OP, take a drive from Marina to the Okokomaiko you wrote and come back here to give us situation report. Light rail line that has been covered with grass and stinking dirt from Alafia down to Mile 2 Oke...abi is the train going to fly from Orile and Land in Okoko?

5 Likes

Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by Kabaka100: 2:07am On Aug 10, 2018
krattoss:
Naija to the world cool
Still far behind though! We should have been farther off in terms of infrastructural development. By the way, how many naija companies are involed in this project? Probably zero naija company is involved in this project. So this is China to the world cos na Chinese companies handling this project. Imagine how much money Lagos state and fed govt could have saved and also the number of jobs that could have been created if this project was handled by naija companies.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by Kabaka100: 2:13am On Aug 10, 2018
DSDLIVEREPORT:

Dsorry to hear that. Hope u were compensated for the properties u lost in this project
Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by EmekaBlue(m): 2:25am On Aug 10, 2018
The pics reminds me of d one in Nanjing, China
Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by educhigo: 3:03am On Aug 10, 2018
nigeria self dirty country i'm still searching for the metro line i thought that metro line is underground why nigeria own is dragging road with buses hmmm,come to china and see metro,this second hand thing you call metro another governors will still come to power and award it again bunch of thieves

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by KBrown: 4:52am On Aug 10, 2018
iammo:
Economically Feasible project, not some politicaly motivated metro that its passengers would pay as high as 1k to payup bloated Chinese loan

Instead of this bad Belle, you should have enquired to know how much people pay for cabs for the same Central business district to the Abuja airport by taxi (N7000) compared to the N1000 by train.

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by ifymadu: 4:52am On Aug 10, 2018
NgwaManNaija4LF:

Why mentioning Abia with your useless Lagos comparition, what's so special about the third world Lagos...get sense please.
Truth is bitter Mr plenty sense, the last time I checked I had every right to refer to any state. Learn how to approach issues and critic constructively without being insultive. God bless you
Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by badman007(m): 5:37am On Aug 10, 2018
Oyel money
Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by seguno2: 6:09am On Aug 10, 2018
Bolustical:
GEJ's Project

The joke is on you, bro. grin
APC says that PDP wasted 16 years but then they built the Abuja metro and the Kaduna-Abuja railways, which Buhari has completed.
Tinubu, Fashola and Ambode are all in APC and for 20 years plus billions of dollars in World Bank loans, they cannot build one small light rail.
Even Buhari has not completed the Lagos-Ibadan express road started by Jonathan.
Any sensible Yoruba person should be asking serious questions from Buhari, Tinubu, Fashola and Ambode instead of joking around.
Are you sensible
Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by shugabasbn: 6:13am On Aug 10, 2018
35km of obsolete rail is taking lasg more than century to construct from Tinubu to Fashola, now Abode n intra country modern rail in China to India more than 1000km took them less than a year.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by donqx: 6:19am On Aug 10, 2018
ohh
Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by AutoReportNG: 6:58am On Aug 10, 2018
AutoJosh, with due respect to you and your team, I think you guys need to be proactive and learn to be investigating... The story you touch is way more like you take a segment of Marina and you call it completed, as in seriously?

You guys can do better biko

Respect bro
Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by tosinet(m): 7:11am On Aug 10, 2018
A form of crowd funding can be used to raise fund for this kind of projects. For instance, the N70b needed for this project can be raised with;
70000 people X N1m = N70b
7000 people/businesses/cooperative X N10m= N70b
700 individuals/businesses/investors/financial houses X N100m = N70b

Also, govt can focus on construction and management of rail lines, while individuals and groups can buy/own train cars to run as business on the rail line where they pay a percentage to the govt from their income.

For instance, a group like dangote owing 100s of trailers, large transport companies owning several luxurious buses or other capable individuals can buy and own train lines to run on govt/investor's railway with govt managing and regulating to ensure and maintain set standards.

This model can be adopted at the national level too, for instance, let's assume we want to build a 10000km railway line, there are individuals, group of companies and other investors that are capable of investing cost of construction of 1, 5, 10, 50km etc of the rail line thereby being part owner of such infrastructure with govt being the regulator in managing the entire system.
Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by Sagay212: 7:24am On Aug 10, 2018
Lol...useless liars. They keep deceiving the gullible
Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by Harrynight(m): 8:11am On Aug 10, 2018
Op i saw this project almost everyday That project doesn't look like what can be completed in the next 10-12 months am sure!

Don't say ALMOST COMPLETED
Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 8:30am On Aug 10, 2018
ifymadu:
Truth is bitter Mr plenty sense, the last time I checked I had every right to refer to any state. Learn how to approach issues and critic constructively without being insultive. God bless you

Shut the hell hole, are you from Abia? If yes, you are a disgrace,if not then shut up...God bless you too.
Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by 13october: 8:30am On Aug 10, 2018
Bolustical:
GEJ's Project

WHICH GEJ THIS PROJECT IS FINANCED BY STATE GOVT.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by NASTYNASOSO: 10:00am On Aug 10, 2018
Bolustical:
GEJ's Project

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

THIS IS HOW IT STARTS NEXT STOP MENTAL HOME .
CONTINEU

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) by Obainoneandonly(m): 10:04am On Aug 10, 2018
d only portion Dats completed is from national theatre to mile2..I was among those dat started d project way back in 2010...we are 9years into d project now,and I can tell you authoritatively that the project wont b ready by dis time next year..even the road project has been abandoned by d Chinese.. ply dat road and see d hardship people pass through,even on Sundays..what they should have done is commence operations from national theatre to mile2 since its d only completed rail portion

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Prays For Grandson In Rivers, Washes His Head, Feet Ahead Of Visit To Kano / How A Nigerian showed kindness to an Old woman in Canada's airport / 3 Americans Dead, As Plane Crashes Into House In Ukraine (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.