Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,472 members, 7,801,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! (76922 Views)

Traveling To Dubai With Virgin Passport / General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) / Ogbonnaya Kanu: First Nigerian Biker To Ride From Lagos, Nigeria To Austria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by lordally(m): 10:10am On Aug 16, 2018
Kenevision how far? you go come back 9ja?
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kenevision(m): 11:20am On Aug 16, 2018
Ugosample:

Nigeria deserved every ridicule it gets; as a shameless country that it is.

So much chaos, poverty and wickedness in one space

A country abundantly rich in resources

You are right, not all lives in poverty, but most do

You are very right sir.

And even more unfortunate is the fact that the rich also cry in this country. Your wealth may not protect you when the herdsmen come calling. SARS will carry you and carry your wealth. The judicial system will deny you justice and damn the consequence.

If only our challenges in this nation were of an economic nature, then "making it" in Nigeria would have been a sweet song of victory. But even when you make it here, you still have to confront the political challenges, security issues and other maladies that pervades our dear nation, with no end in sight.

Whenever I get the opportunity to relocate abroad, I will grab it with both hands. Not because I cannot make it in Nigeria, but because I want to give a better start for my children and generations yet unborn, while enjoying the rest of my days in peace, safety and good health.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kenevision(m): 11:21am On Aug 16, 2018
lordally:
Kenevision how far? you go come back 9ja?

I don come back sir grin
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kenevision(m): 11:24am On Aug 16, 2018
nnamdiosu:

Shebi na u won use your own hands carry village people come meet you bah? Ok continue. Don't bind and cast that dream. smiley

grin grin grin Village people power no reach this side oooo. Can a witch even get a visa and pass through immigration? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by lordally(m): 11:30am On Aug 16, 2018
kenevision:

I don come back sir grin
Make sense ooo....How far you dey anywhere around Abia State?
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by EKPETI(m): 12:02pm On Aug 16, 2018
Op, I enjoyed every part of what u wrote. I know this year am leaving the shores of this country.

And to those looking at grammar, keep it up!

It is my New Dawn Era!

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Ugosample(m): 12:03pm On Aug 16, 2018
kenevision:

You are very right sir.

And even more unfortunate is the fact that the rich also cry in this country. Your wealth may not protect you when the herdsmen come calling. SARS will carry you and carry your wealth. The judicial system will deny you justice and damn the consequence.

If only our challenges in this nation were of an economic nature, then "making it" in Nigeria would have been a sweet song of victory. But even when you make it here, you still have to confront the political challenges, security issues and other maladies that pervades our dear nation, with no end in sight.

Whenever I get the opportunity to relocate abroad, I will grab it with both hands. Not because I cannot make it in Nigeria, but because I want to give a better start for my children and generations yet unborn, while enjoying the rest of my days in peace, safety and good health.

exactly

not to talk of the multitudes that are out to bring you down

the have not hate the haves SO MUCH in Nigeria (it's evident even on nairaland)

And will ruin you if they can

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Ugosample(m): 12:07pm On Aug 16, 2018
kenevision:

Bros na the food be that ooo grin. Believe me, you will love their dishes when you get used to them. And one thing I noticed is that you will hardly visit the toilet when you are on Austrian diet. Even when you do, na small thing go drop. Your body needs every thing you eat - talk about balanced diet.

Lol grin grin

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by LaudableXX: 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2018
krattoss:
bro, ur posts and updates are nice, but please don't ridicule Nigeria at the expense of it. Cos not everybody lives in poverty here and most of us prefer it, makes it, and likes it here.

Shalom cool
peacengine:
Bro this ur dream is sweet buh where the food? All I see is apple, banana and bread, you call this food!
I do not even like those things they call oyinbo food. I remember eating like 2 shepherd's pie for lunch after drinking two cups of tea, yet I still felt hungry throughout the afternoon. Chai! angry

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by JandyJ(m): 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2018
Wow what a super story.

U can write a book with this yr experience.

Op God wen do yr own go do our own. Amen
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by nnamdiosu(m): 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2018
kenevision:

grin grin grin Village people power no reach this side oooo. Can a witch even get a visa and pass through immigration? cheesy

Emapoooo *hands on my head* this guy no know.o... U never hear of Edo airline...that works only at mid night? I'm sure your an oyibo guy smiley smiley no real black man will ask that o smiley smiley
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by peacengine(m): 2:49pm On Aug 17, 2018
LaudableXX:

I do not even like those things they call oyinbo food. I remember eating like 2 shepherd's pie for lunch after drinking two cups of tea, yet I still felt hungry throughout the afternoon. Chai! angry

I tire o. The first thing I'll do is to look for a Nigerian restaurant where I can eat until I'm full

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by omoola1101: 8:02pm On Aug 19, 2018
stagger:

Nothing to clarify. That is a bribe. Do you expect a crocodile in Nigeria to turn to a Komodo in Turkey?
I have a Dubai visa can I have a transit Visa for turkey?
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kenevision(m): 6:00pm On Aug 21, 2018
Sorry guys, the updates have been slow in coming. I have been busy at work. I have little or no time to pen down my stories.
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kenevision(m): 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2018
While at breakfast with my friend, he sternly warned me to handle my room key with care. I started taking him seriously when he listed different doors my room key could open. With it; I would be able to access the dining room and the reading room whenever I wanted to; I would also be able to open the front and back gate of the compound and access the hall way from outside. And while making use of an elevator, I would slot the key into the key hole to tell the elevator which floor to carry me to. Every other room key in the lodge can open all the public rooms above, but no key will open another private room. Hmmm, awesome technology. The government has the spare of all the keys, and only they can replace a lost key. I immediately made my room key my most cherished belonging followed by my international passport. Done with breakfast, I safely tucked my room key into my front pocket, my international passport into my back pocket and then I stepped into the streets.

The sun was hammering from above. Passers-by all walked so fast as if some invisible forces were pursuing them. I guess one must learn to walk fast, in order to live successfully here. Time management, I thought. I increased my pace and walked even faster glancing at the city map from time to time. I slowed down when, guided by the city map, I got to Linz City Centre. It was a magnificent sight to behold. I stood beside a statue of some sort and watched. Cars drove past. The tram (electric train) railed past at intervals. Cyclists littered the city centre, often performing some acrobatic stunts. Roller skaters rolled by happily. Many others stood at different corners puffing cigarettes smoke into the air. Young couples held hands and laughed as they walked along. Their minister of happiness must be doing a great job. What a happy people! kiss

I was now getting tired of the curious stares that people greeted me with. Perhaps, I was the only black man at the city centre. I bought a scoop of ice cream, took some pictures and moved on further into the city, walking more slowly. Accepted, I haven’t been to many other European countries, but I believe Austria ranks high on cleanliness in the whole of Europe. The streets were super clean, houses too. And people maintained great personal hygiene everywhere. Wastes were well disposed into the trash cans that dotted different corners on each street.

I walked on and on and on, only stopping to take pictures at intervals. And then I wanted to take a picture that was going to ruin my day. It was a tinted volkwagen salon car, carefully parked by the street corner. The inscription on the car boldly read POLIZEI. I knew it was a police car. An opportunity to take the picture of a lifetime with an Austrian police car. I was going to tell my friends back home how I was hanging out with Austrian police, how they took me round the city in their car and even posed for my camera. A selfie taken with the police car would make my story believable, I thought. So I stood near the car and lifted my phone up in a selfie mode to capture the car well. I smiled widely to my camera and was about to press the snap button when a siren sounded behind. I didn’t look back. I simply brought down my hand, straight into my pocket and walked on towards the direction I had come from. I was going home, straight home. No turning back. embarassed

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by vickifeanyi47(m): 6:17pm On Aug 21, 2018
kenevision:
While at breakfast with my friend, he sternly warned me to handle my room key with care. I started taking him seriously when he listed different doors my room key could open. With it; I would be able to access the dining room and the reading room whenever I wanted to; I would also be able to open the front and back gate of the compound and access the hall way from outside. And while making use of an elevator, I would slot the key into the key hole to tell the elevator which floor to carry me to. Every other room key in the lodge can open all the public rooms above, but no key will open another private room. Hmmm, awesome technology. The government has the spare of all the keys, and only they can replace a lost key. I immediately made my room key my most cherished belonging followed by my international passport. Done with breakfast, I safely tucked my room key into my front pocket, my international passport into my back pocket and then I stepped into the streets.

The sun was hammering from above. Passers-by all walked so fast as if some invisible forces were pursuing them. I guess one must learn to walk fast, in order to live successfully here. Time management, I thought. I increased my pace and walked even faster glancing at the city map from time to time. I slowed down when, guided by the city map, I got to Linz City Centre. It was a magnificent sight to behold. I stood beside a statue of some sort and watched. Cars drove past. The tram (electric train) railed past at intervals. Cyclists littered the city centre, often performing some acrobatic stunts. Roller skaters rolled by happily. Many others stood at different corners puffing cigarettes smoke into the air. Young couples held hands and laughed as they walked along. Their minister of happiness must be doing a great job. What a happy people! kiss

I was now getting tired of the curious stares that people greeted me with. Perhaps, I was the only black man at the city centre. I bought a scoop of ice cream, took some pictures and moved on further into the city, walking more slowly. Accepted, I haven’t been to many other European countries, but I believe Austria ranks high on cleanliness in the whole of Europe. The streets were super clean, houses too. And people maintained great personal hygiene everywhere. Wastes were well disposed into the trash cans that dotted different corners on each street.

I walked on and on and on, only stopping to take pictures at intervals. And then I wanted to take a picture that was going to ruin my day. It was a tinted volkwagen salon car, carefully parked by the street corner. The inscription on the car boldly read POLIZEI. I knew it was a police car. [i]An opportunity to take the picture of a lifetime with an Austrian police car. I was going to tell my friends back home how I was hanging out with Austrian police, how they took me round the city in their car and even posed for my camera. A selfie taken with the police car would make my story believable, [/i]I thought. So I stood near the car and lifted my phone up in a selfie mode to capture the car well. I smiled widely to my camera and was about to press the snap button when a siren sounded behind. I didn’t look back. I simply brought down my hand, straight into my pocket and walked on towards the direction I had come from. I was going home, straight home. No turning back. embarassed

Interesting story line. So the sound of siren chased you away... Lmao

2 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kenevision(m): 6:20pm On Aug 21, 2018
vickifeanyi47:

Interesting story line. So the sound of siren chased you away... Lmao

I no want commit nah as prevention s better than cure grin

4 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kenevision(m): 6:31pm On Aug 21, 2018
The remaining days I spent in Austria were all interesting. Each day had its own activities. I visited many other cities and villages. I went to Grieskirchen, Freidstadt, Perg, Mondsee and Salzburg. At Mondsee, I visited the Basilica of St. Michael where Sr. Maria and Oga von Trapp had their church wedding in the famous Sounds Of Music movie. The church was flooded with camera wielding tourists trying to get amazing pictures of the edifice. I was not left out as I took as many pictures as possible. A section of the church was set aside for candle light prayers. There, you could donate 1euro into the box provided and then light up a candle with which you offer your prayers to GOD.

As I held the lit candle, I prayed fervently for myself, that GOD will perfect all that concerns me. I prayed sincerely for my family for GOD’s continual protection on us. GOD knows I love my family. I could feel tears swelling up in my eyes when I prayed for my dear country. I wanted to tell GOD about so many evils going on back home, but I lacked words to express my feelings. I stood for a long while gazing at the crucifix hanging up on the altar, still speechless. cry Gently, I placed the candle on its stand and dried my eyes. He understands. Yes He does. I was about leaving the church when I remembered my flight back home. I will be entering an airplane again. Roughly 8 hours in the sky! embarassed GOD has to know about it. Well, He knows already, but I need to tell HIM again. I ran back hastily into the church nearly falling over a little kid playing on the isle. I reached back for my candle, the candle I lit a while ago. I held it firmly and prayed with the deepest fervour - O GOD PLEASE TAKE ME ON EAGLE’S WINGS AND LEAD ME HOME. My faith was strong. I felt my prayers answered. I left. cool

My trip to Salzburg was equally memorable. I visited the famous LOVE LOCKS BRIDGE! Standing over a gently flowing river, the pedestrian bridge is a home to tens of thousands of padlocks, each telling a permanent story of love. I stood on the bridge and thought about love. I thought of my love, the only woman I ever loved, now married to another man. Perhaps if I had come here earlier and locked our love, our union would have been permanent, sealed forever, just like every other key here. I watched men and women holding hands romantically on the bridge. From a far distance, I saw a couple kissing away the day. A young man, probably an Indian walked up to a lady whose gaze was fixed on the gently flowing waters below. He whispered some silent words into her ears and the echo of her laughter shook the bridge for a moment. He ran off in the rhythm of her laughter and she went after him. They ran for a short distance and he fell, quickly spreading his arms to welcome her. Willingly, she fell into his arms, in love. I too wanted to fall. I desperately wanted to fall in love, and then lock the love on the love locks bridge. I will find love again I said to myself as I made my way out of the bridge.

14 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kenevision(m): 6:45pm On Aug 21, 2018
EKPETI:
Op, I enjoyed every part of what u wrote. I know this year am leaving the shores of this country.

And to those looking at grammar, keep it up!

It is my New Dawn Era!

May GOD see you through bro...

Never give up!
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by cuteesthy(f): 9:24pm On Aug 21, 2018
Dis pictures just made my day,kenevision u re a gud writer keep it up bro. I alwaz luk forward to ur updates

2 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kenevision(m): 10:02pm On Aug 21, 2018
cuteesthy:
Dis pictures just made my day,kenevision u re a gud writer keep it up bro. I alwaz luk forward to ur updates

Thanks for your kind words dear... I really appreciate them. More Grace to you in all your endeavors.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Schwartz: 7:53am On Aug 22, 2018
[quote author=kenevision post=70490360]

Thanks for your kind words dear... I really appreciate them. More Grace to you in all your endeavors. [/quotle]
Your friend lied to you it's not only government that can open locks when you misplace your keys. You can call a locksmith but they are expensive. Except ofcourse he is living in social housing for the poor.
I have been to Salzburg myself. Did you go to Mirabbell palace where sound of music was shot? I have been to that bridg too.
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kenevision(m): 9:01am On Aug 22, 2018
[quote author=Schwartz post=70497011][/quote]

grin grin Well if that is true, then I guess he didn't want to incur unnecessary expenses.

The love locks bridge is the only remarkable place I visited while in Salzburg. I only spent few hours there.
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kunzzy4me(m): 9:10am On Aug 22, 2018
Kenevision...i dey enjoy ur stories.. But pls I shall need ur help on something...
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kenevision(m): 9:22am On Aug 22, 2018
kunzzy4me:
Kenevision...i dey enjoy ur stories.. But pls I shall need ur help on something...

I will gladly help once the solution is within my means. wink

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by nnamdiosu(m): 1:55pm On Aug 22, 2018
kenevision:

Thanks for your kind words dear... I really appreciate them. More Grace to you in all your endeavors.

You're a superb writer. Humor, truth, honesty and openness surround your write ups. I love the way you take off when you heard the siren. Lol...I laugh die. I felt tears swell up my eyes when you were at the church, thinking of how to report Nigerian's enemies to God.
I smiled when you ran back and almost tripped on the kid playing on the floor.

One question I have for you. Think deeply before you reply. Its a school of thought. I need you to confirm it.
Yes I know you had a wonderful travel time. Travelling is education too. You learned a lot etc. I know ...but
When you came back, did u feel sadder and troubled?.

I'll explain. You were in a place with constant light, security, everything worked. Did you feel Berra or worse when you came back to the opposite of the things you enjoyed?

In all, I lived this in diary. Please mention me in any future travel thread you open. I know you'll travel very soon again. Peace.

8 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by nwakaegoabisola(f): 12:32am On Aug 23, 2018
y . , .
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kenevision(m): 9:39am On Aug 23, 2018
nnamdiosu:

You're a superb writer. Humor, truth, honesty and openness surround your write ups. I love the way you take off when you beard the siren. Lol...I laugh die. I felt tears swell up my eyes when you were at the church, thinking of how to report Nigerian's enemies to God.
I smiled when you ran back and almost tripped on the kid playing on the floor.

One question I have for you. Think deeply before you reply. Its a school of thought. I need you to confirm it.
Yes I know you had a wonderful travel time. Travelling is education too. You learned a lot etc. I know ...but
When you came back, did u feel sadder and troubled?.

I'll explain. You were in a place with constant light, security, everything worked. Did you feel Berra or worse when you came back to the opposite of the things you enjoyed?

In all, I lived this in diary. Please mention me in any future travel thread you open. I know you'll travel very soon again. Peace.

Thank you so much brother for reading through my experience and equally enjoying it. Your reply means a lot to me.

As for your question bro, I was happy for the wonderful time I had abroad. But entering Naija made me sad. I will bring you the full story shortly.

Vielen dank grin

9 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by cuteesthy(f): 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2018
kenevision am waiting for ur updates

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by lowisz: 6:04pm On Aug 24, 2018
kenevision:
A Little Introduction

Hello guys, I have been a member of this forum for quite a while now, and I believe I should give back to this platform by way of sharing my ideas. Perhaps someone might find it beneficial.

As a way of introduction, and as you may have rightly guessed from the title of my thread; I GOT A SHENGHEN VISA ON A VIRGIN PASSPORT. I had never traveled out of Nigeria before, but I have always wanted to. I had never entered a plane before, or even came to entering one, well apart from the AIR PLANE MODE OF MY ANDROID PHONE. In my 30s, and I was yet to dis-virgin my international travel life.

I would spend days reading about travel stories from around the world. I would spend hours on Nairaland travel section digesting the countless travel stories and experiences members shared. And when I felt down and depressed about how low we have fallen as a nation; how irredeemably bad living standard has become, and how lives are lost in droves fueled by the silence of the political elites; I would go to Explorers profile and read about the interesting developments around the world. Then I say to myself, “This world is a beautiful place, all hope is not lost!”

I wanted to see the beautiful world out there. I wanted to cross the boundaries of our country and see people of other races. I wanted to see how they live, how they work, what they eat, how they dress, how they love or un-love, their approach to certain issues of life and so on. If I could, I would have done a trip to Ghana, just to satisfy my curiosity, but my bank account strictly advised me not to cross River Niger cry . Oh, I live at the East.

So I kept waiting and believing GOD.

Then opportunity presented itself for a trip to Austria, Europe. I was to attend a particular event in Austria. My friend over there sent me invitation letters from the organization organizing the event.

And then the visa processing started; schengen visa on a virgin passport undecided.

NB : What I will be sharing here are my personal experiences during the course of my travel. Should you not entirely agree with the information I put forward here, just understand that I am writing from my view and experience as a virgin traveler.

Bro I greet u ooh, I have been following ur thread from the beginning, am about to make similar trip to austria, Graz precisely in two months time would really love to have ur contact, already sent u a mail via naira land, pls let's exchange contact
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kenevision(m): 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
Every other part of Austria I visited was simply amazing. From Grieskirchen to Perg to Freisdstadt and other unnamed villages, life was simply good and living conditions were amazing. The transportation system here is top-notch. Depending on your destination, you can make a choice between a taxi, a bus, a tram or railjet. You can also opt for a bicycle. Now I don’t want to tell you how expensive some of their bicycles can be. I didn’t see much SUVs here. Almost everyone drove normal cars, which of course were well maintained. As a rule, every car must be examined every year and certified road worthy before it hits the road again. Long haulage vehicle were very scarce on the roads, except roads connecting different countries. Containers and petroleum products are transported by rail for maximum safety. Of course, they have different rails from passenger rails. Traffic laws are well obeyed here, which highly reduces the occurrence of accidents. Whenever there is a traffic gridlock, you would see vehicles drifting to either sides of the road, leaving the central lane free and empty. You know why? Just in case there is an accident or emergency up ahead, the ambulance or fire service would pass through the central lane to rescue the situation. A nation of sane minds!

I very much enjoyed Austrian cuisine. Hardly would you be served any dish without fruits and vegetables. Most meals are three coursed. On one dining occasion, almost everyone queued behind the fruits and vegetables table. I could not understand why they left the yummy cakes slaying from the other end of the table . I went straight there and moved two slay cakes into my plate tongue . Eyes turned on me as my friend smiled uneasily. I should have gone for fruits first, take the main meal and cakes last cheesy . But I couldn’t care less, after all, is it there stomach? undecided I didn’t bother to learn names of their foods, but I learnt that looks can be deceptive. Some of the foods with the most appealing looks are the ones you might not want to eat beyond the first bite. The ones with the worst looks are the ones you would eat 2 plates and come back for the third. And Austrians have a popular dining rule which says you must finish every food you dish out. They don’t care how many times you approach the sharing table, but ensure you finish whatever food is served into your plate. Wastage is strongly frowned at.

I didn’t have any reason to patronize their hospital, but the ones I passed by were all majestic structurally. You could easily mistake a hospital for a hotel. I also heard everyone is mandated by law to go for a health check up at least one a year. They take health very seriously. Their ambulance services are awesome. You would hear the ambulance blaring siren from time to time attending to an emergency situation. I suspect only the ambulance, the fire guys and perhaps the police are allowed to use sirens here. No other person uses siren no matter how highly placed. Everyone is under the same law, rich or poor.

The family system here in Austria is perhaps not the most admirable, as some would argue. Most couples are contented with a child or two, which in my opinion is amazing. However, majority of them choose not to bear children. Someone told me in a relaxation park one day, as I watched a couple playing with their beautiful dog; “isn’t it funny?” he said. “Husband, wife and dog – that’s a normal Austrian family” shocked . I looked more inquisitively at him as he continued “Some might even add a cat to make the family bigger”, he laughed scornfully stealing a look at the couple. “But they only realize their mistake when they get old”, he concluded. I remembered few days earlier in Perg, I visited the old peoples’ home there. It didn’t seem to me the smiling faces I saw there were regretting. All their needs were taken care of by the institution. That is how their system is designed. When you get old, you sign up at the old peoples’ home, your pension goes to them and they in turn take care of all your needs. So at old age, childless couples don’t bother about who will take care of them. They are fine!

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Nigerians Who Absconded After Traveling To Russia For World Cup, Cry Out. Photos / See The Two States In Nigeria You Hardly Hear Of / American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.