Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:58 AM

Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! (76742 Views)

Traveling To Dubai With Virgin Passport / General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) / Ogbonnaya Kanu: First Nigerian Biker To Ride From Lagos, Nigeria To Austria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Neddyogu(m): 9:20am On Aug 10, 2018
So after all dis plenty gist, no pinshure?

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Exclusivebae(f): 9:21am On Aug 10, 2018
Interesting......
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by DKM123: 9:21am On Aug 10, 2018
Okay. Following.
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by madridguy(m): 9:23am On Aug 10, 2018
Safe trip bro.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by jolak5(m): 9:24am On Aug 10, 2018
Who go send me invitation now embarassed

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by dustydee: 9:25am On Aug 10, 2018
olujastro:
Your post was interesting until I read... "Guy, God don do am for you, no come back this country again".
Is that your plan, to not return on a visit visa? That'll be bad of you. It'll make it harder for other Nigerians to obtain visit visas to schengen.
In addition, Schengen is not the US, no hiding place in schengen. You better not try it. They'll find you and ban you for ten years.

I recommend you visit Budapest, Hungary if you have time. I was there two weeks ago. It's about 2.5hrs by bus from Vienna. You'll fall in love with it. I preferred it to Vienna by far.
It's built for tourism, super cheap and the Hungarian forint is like the naira.
Enjoy
Come on, he was just narrating what someone told him. No where in his write up did he suggest or appear to suggest that he isn't coming back. Your tone was unnecessary.

89 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 10, 2018
BigSarah:
;DCongrats meanwhile
Check my signature
awwwww...smiles...beautiful u, I mean really pretty...
if I said anything hurtful in public I think I should praise you in public too...i'm also a student of UNILAG...hope u gud ma'am. happy weekend
@ op this is interesting
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Larryslim(m): 9:27am On Aug 10, 2018
Congrats!
God will do it for all of us too

2 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by MzTunechi(f): 9:27am On Aug 10, 2018
You have escaped briefly grin
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by olujastro: 9:28am On Aug 10, 2018
lifestyle1:

He can register for a course and get a study visa.

What about that ?

No, he can't. Visit is visit and study is study. Two different things. He has to go back to naija and apply for a study visa before he can return.

18 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by mavinc4u(f): 9:29am On Aug 10, 2018
congrats. you are just lucky.
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by babajeje123(m): 9:29am On Aug 10, 2018
Phinity318:
I have plans to visit 3 west African countries next year.. But I think it did be fun if we were in group.. Say NL'ders exploring Africa should be opened and then we can discuss logistics.. What say you?
I'll be interested. August next year will be ok

2 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by vicholas(m): 9:29am On Aug 10, 2018
Am happy for you bro....
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by olujastro: 9:29am On Aug 10, 2018
dustydee:

Come on, he was just narrating what someone told him. No where in his write up did he suggest or appear to suggest that he isn't coming back. Your tone was unnecessary.
Yeah, I know. I was just disappointed that that's the first thing that comes to the mind of a typical Nigerian, his friend in this case.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by redsquare(m): 9:32am On Aug 10, 2018
Congrats bro. Abeg upload pinshures sharp sharp.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 10, 2018
Anything to escape Naija.... this thread will be flooded soon and turned to visa enquiry section.

My Naija people, I hail thee!!!!

24 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by SamoaUmaga: 9:33am On Aug 10, 2018
Where him dey na, no make me wait fr D's Story oo, bfr I call Magu Fr U
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by imurboss: 9:33am On Aug 10, 2018
Very Interesting....congratulations
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by busky101(m): 9:34am On Aug 10, 2018
nnokwa042:
my daughter is 11 years old in that picture 2016 this her 2017
lmao, u automatically made the guy a pervert in a matured fashion... Thumbs up bro

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by amolak: 9:35am On Aug 10, 2018
nnokwa042:
my daughter is 11 years old in that picture 2016 this her 2017
Chisus! Eleven what?
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Ugosample(m): 9:36am On Aug 10, 2018
olujastro:

Yeah, I know. I was just disappointed that that's the first thing that comes to the mind of a typical Nigerian, his friend in this case.

You can't blame them

Naija issa $hithole for now undecided
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by suncity: 9:37am On Aug 10, 2018
Quite interesting...I am enjoying your style of writing...
following....what next...Greetings

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 10, 2018
I like this thread I look forward to a beautiful vacation outside Nigeria some day.. Op!! Don't forget to share photos..

2 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by hustla(m): 9:39am On Aug 10, 2018
Oh boy see crowd for this thread
Na like visiting visa e collect na grin

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by eleojo23: 9:40am On Aug 10, 2018
The mods should have waited for this guy to upload pictures and finish his story before moving it to the front page.
Now the thread will be derailed and we won't read the end of this beautiful story

God, this happens every time! angry

4 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Ugosample(m): 9:41am On Aug 10, 2018
ooshinibos:
why can't a brown man develop and stay in his own country , this is why the black man will never be respected -no economic power and no presence even they have been given everything

The same reason why Europeans left Europe to America and Africa to loot and cart resources back in the day

What you typed makes no sense at all.

Africa/Nigeria is neck deep in the ocean of ignorance and foolishness

The black folk who tried to effect a change is sabotaged by that same poor, ignorant and "deplorable" populace he is trying to save

So the smart, resourceful and smart ones are fleeing in their droves to climes where they will be more useful

That's just the truth.

Ignorance, wickedness, tribalism and barbarism that is prevalent in Africa is hindering the progress, and the frustrated ones leave

Now not all of Africa is barbaric, but a huge huge chunk is (60-70% in my conservative estimate)

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by MARKETfund: 9:41am On Aug 10, 2018
olujastro:
Your post was interesting until I read... "Guy, God don do am for you, no come back this country again".
Is that your plan, to not return on a visit visa? That'll be bad of you. It'll make it harder for other Nigerians to obtain visit visas to schengen.
In addition, Schengen is not the US, no hiding place in schengen. You better not try it. They'll find you and ban you for ten years.

I recommend you visit Budapest, Hungary if you have time. I was there two weeks ago. It's about 2.5hrs by bus from Vienna. You'll fall in love with it. I preferred it to Vienna by far.
It's built for tourism, super cheap and the Hungarian forint is like the naira.
Enjoy

Oh, been planning of doing my honeymoon in Budapest next year ever since I saw the city ad on CNN.
Like you said, it seem that city is built for tourism. Their largest public swimming pool comes to mind.
My fiancee wanted Paris (I love Paris too and we have someone there), but I want Hungary more.

Pls do you know any way I can get around it in terms of affordable accommodation, Invitation, etc?
Would love to get a help if you're in a position to offer. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by oneunited(m): 9:43am On Aug 10, 2018
kenevision:
Documents Submission And Collection

Well in case you don’t know yet, Austria, and indeed most Shenghen countries don’t conduct interviews for those applying for short term visas. You only need to submit the required documents to the VFS either at Abuja or Lagos and then go home and pray. When they take a decision on your application (normally 3 weeks), they will invite you to come for your passport, whether the decision is positive or negative.

In my case, I submitted my documents at VFS Abuja.

The following were the documents I submitted:
- Invitation Letter (sent by the inviting organization)
- Medical Insurance Letter ( sent by the organization) ,but you can use a Nigerian Insurance company if you want.
- Bank Statement of Account (in my case, the organization agreed to take care of my living expenses in Austria, so they sent in their bank statement to back it up). If you are self sponsored, you will attach your statement of account, and make sure it’s fat.
- Flight Reservation – you need to show your flight reservation showing the day you enter and leave the Schenghen area. Just meet a trusted flight booking agent, they will make a reservation for you for a small fee. You don’t need to pay the flight fare till you get your visa.
- Schenghen Application Form – to be downloaded online from their website. Fill it carefully
- Letter Of Identification from your workplace (if you are a worker) or from your school (if you are a student)

Infact the whole documents needed are well listed here http://www.vfsglobal.com/Austria/Nigeria/Short_Stay.html

I submitted mine and after three weeks, I got a mail from them saying I should come and pick up my passport. I traveled to Abuja, got to the VFS, collected my passport and gently lifted it up to the Great Ruler Of All Things. I prayed fervently “ In case they didn’t give me the visa, Lord this is the time to do it. As I open my passport, I want to see my visa smiling back at me”. grin

Gently I opened my passport, the first page was blank, next page blank. I checked next, it was blank. Next, next, next – blank, blank, blank. I too went blank embarassed . Thank GOD for one fan ID guy (I just hope he didn't stay back in Russia as he said ) who I had been gisting with. He took my passport and gently scanned the pages, looked up with a big smile and said “guy GOD don do am for you, never come back to this country again”. Beholding my visa brought a big smile to my face. My heart started beating again. Austria Here I come. cool

Please how did your friend see their visa on your passport which u didn't see, do they hide their visa on passports?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

See The Two States In Nigeria You Hardly Hear Of / Nigerians Who Absconded After Traveling To Russia For World Cup, Cry Out. Photos / 10 Nights in Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.