Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,973 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! (76925 Views)

Traveling To Dubai With Virgin Passport / General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) / Ogbonnaya Kanu: First Nigerian Biker To Ride From Lagos, Nigeria To Austria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Ugosample(m): 5:14pm On Aug 10, 2018
Jonra:
I understand you very much and believe that this narrative must change. We must begin to see raw materials and it's entire value chain. And regardless of obstacles, build generational businesses

right

building generational businesses is the way.

But our people don't think long term, that's another problem

undecided
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by emmie14: 5:14pm On Aug 10, 2018
Sammiejo:

How is the shopping like? is it good quality? is it cheap? I wan start clothes business.
Turkey is very good for clothing business. Good qualities unlike china.

4 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by mobdeep(m): 5:50pm On Aug 10, 2018
Abeg Park one side with your negativity
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by hustla(m): 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2018
Jonra:

Fair point brother hustla, it takes something special to brave migrating to a new land. But if a collective 'inferiority complex' is the issue here, how can it be ultimately disrupted?

A better country perhaps..better conomy
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by planetx: 6:23pm On Aug 10, 2018
Ugosample:

it's not a heavenly paradise, but am organised society

What Nigeria will not be in 20 years, what am i saying 20 years?

in 50 years

A country where its leaders are commissioning borehole, street lights, mangoes, shoe makes kits and the list goes on grin

Yea I get it that Europe is overhyped, but hey, Africa/Nigeria is FAR FAR FAR FAR behind

so you cannot blame people for the hype they give Europe
Maybe all the 1 billion people living in Africa should relocate to Europe now since Africa is FAR FAR FAR behind, or what you think. Europe is the past and Africa is the future.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Ugosample(m): 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2018
planetx:
Maybe all the 1 billion people living in Africa should relocate to Europe now since Africa is FAR FAR FAR behind, or what you think. Europe is the past and Africa is the future.

Europe is the "past" indeed

Africa has prospects tho, that I cannot deny

But with too many deadwood in the populace, achieving meaningful stuff is difficult

Europe has the technology, and money and military to keep them going

3 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kechywillz(m): 8:12pm On Aug 10, 2018
Nna if u can help a brother travel out of this country,na God go bless u for me

2 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kismo(m): 10:21pm On Aug 10, 2018
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2018
Ugosample:

Europe is the "past" indeed

Africa has prospects tho, that I cannot deny

But with too many deadwood in the populace, achieving meaningful stuff is difficult

Europe has the technology, and money and military to keep them going

What have you done for Africa? How many companies have you started. How many people do you employ or feed?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Kylekent59: 11:30pm On Aug 10, 2018
placeofallure:

Good, we're all learning.
It should be: I live in the eastern part of....

Then, I think you should also learn the correct use of: Taught (past tense of teach) and Thought (past tense of think)

Thanks

Funny,you reasoning the other way.

inazuwa da ciki gobe
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Kylekent59: 11:34pm On Aug 10, 2018
freshvine:

At The Point Of Update, He Was Not In The East Anymore. Third Person Narrative.

what da hell are you explaining? ,and who taught you that??
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Rexnegro(m): 12:52am On Aug 11, 2018
Ugosample:

I'm glad yiu have the experience

Travelling opens your mind to so many things.

Its my best hobby.

You learn new languages, try new food, New music etc
yeah like my first too it was indeed an eye opener. flying was awesome mehn , sat beside a Nigeria man who said he's has been flying since 1972 or so when he was a kid with his father . meanwhile I confessed it was my first time , I was stupid for not asking for his contact.

4 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Rexnegro(m): 1:14am On Aug 11, 2018
kenevision:
A Little Introduction

Hello guys, I have been a member of this forum for quite a while now, and I believe I should give back to this platform by way of sharing my ideas. Perhaps someone might find it beneficial.

As a way of introduction, and as you may have rightly guessed from the title of my thread; I GOT A SHENGHEN VISA ON A VIRGIN PASSPORT. I had never traveled out of Nigeria before, but I have always wanted to. I had never entered a plane before, or even came to entering one, well apart from the AIR PLANE MODE OF MY ANDROID PHONE. In my 30s, and I was yet to dis-virgin my international travel life.

I would spend days reading about travel stories from around the world. I would spend hours on Nairaland travel section digesting the countless travel stories and experiences members shared. And when I felt down and depressed about how low we have fallen as a nation; how irredeemably bad living standard has become, and how lives are lost in droves fueled by the silence of the political elites; I would go to Explorers profile and read about the interesting developments around the world. Then I say to myself, “This world is a beautiful place, all hope is not lost!”

I wanted to see the beautiful world out there. I wanted to cross the boundaries of our country and see people of other races. I wanted to see how they live, how they work, what they eat, how they dress, how they love or un-love, their approach to certain issues of life and so on. If I could, I would have done a trip to Ghana, just to satisfy my curiosity, but my bank account strictly advised me not to cross River Niger cry . Oh, I live at the East.

So I kept waiting and believing GOD.

Then opportunity presented itself for a trip to Austria, Europe. I was to attend a particular event in Austria. My friend over there sent me invitation letters from the organization organizing the event.

And then the visa processing started; schengen visa on a virgin passport undecided.

NB : What I will be sharing here are my personal experiences during the course of my travel. Should you not entirely agree with the information I put forward here, just understand that I am writing from my view and experience as a virgin traveler.
please bro where did you get your flight itinerary for the visa application? and how much did you get it please. it's urgent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Lhimeet(m): 1:33am On Aug 11, 2018
IamJix:
Lhimeet, men this thread is superb. my dream country has always been Spain. I wish to fulfill it one day.

coolcoolcool

Thank you Op.
Really

Lemme get my popcorn and chilled #20 Eve.

grin cool wink

2 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by MightyFortress: 11:20am On Aug 11, 2018
Your first post gives hope
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by MightyFortress: 11:22am On Aug 11, 2018
kenevision:
Documents Submission And Collection

Well in case you don’t know yet, Austria, and indeed most Shenghen countries don’t conduct interviews for those applying for short term visas. You only need to submit the required documents to the VFS either at Abuja or Lagos and then go home and pray. When they take a decision on your application (normally 3 weeks), they will invite you to come for your passport, whether the decision is positive or negative.

In my case, I submitted my documents at VFS Abuja.

The following were the documents I submitted:
- Invitation Letter (sent by the inviting organization)
- Medical Insurance Letter ( sent by the organization) ,but you can use a Nigerian Insurance company if you want.
- Bank Statement of Account (in my case, the organization agreed to take care of my living expenses in Austria, so they sent in their bank statement to back it up). If you are self sponsored, you will attach your statement of account, and make sure it’s fat.
- Flight Reservation – you need to show your flight reservation showing the day you enter and leave the Schenghen area. Just meet a trusted flight booking agent, they will make a reservation for you for a small fee. You don’t need to pay the flight fare till you get your visa.
- Schenghen Application Form – to be downloaded online from their website. Fill it carefully
- Letter Of Identification from your workplace (if you are a worker) or from your school (if you are a student)

Infact the whole documents needed are well listed here http://www.vfsglobal.com/Austria/Nigeria/Short_Stay.html

I submitted mine and after three weeks, I got a mail from them saying I should come and pick up my passport. I traveled to Abuja, got to the VFS, collected my passport and gently lifted it up to the Great Ruler Of All Things. I prayed fervently “ In case they didn’t give me the visa, Lord this is the time to do it. As I open my passport, I want to see my visa smiling back at me”. grin

Gently I opened my passport, the first page was blank, next page blank. I checked next, it was blank. Next, next, next – blank, blank, blank. I too went blank embarassed . Thank GOD for one fan ID guy (I just hope he didn't stay back in Russia as he said ) who I had been gisting with. He took my passport and gently scanned the pages, looked up with a big smile and said “guy GOD don do am for you, never come back to this country again”. Beholding my visa brought a big smile to my face. My heart started beating again. Austria Here I come. cool

UPDATE! I guess this is the best place to add this.

For those advising me not to disappear in Austria, I never planned on disappearing in Austria. My visa was for a month, but I spent two weeks and back to Naija. I still love my passport and the many open doors that will flow from it. Am sharing this experience from Nigeria.

informative

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by ERIN01: 12:33pm On Aug 11, 2018
sloye5:

I live in turkey and the both of you don't really know the load down

Let me give you the accurate info

If you have a valid schengen visa,USA, UK

All u need do is go online and buy turkish evisa for $40 and you can enter turkey if you want or you can buy it at the airport for the same price.. you don't need no transit visa and besides as a Nigerian you can only get transit visa from Turkish embassy9 in Nigeria.. let's always try and give out real info's

Thanks for comin to lecture us..dat is why we are here..

U just said no transit visa but buy turkish evisa online...sir, the evisa has a title n d title is transit visa

Talking about 40usd...pls educate us more

I have just booked an e visa for myself, wife n daugther n the charges were not 40usd each alone...
40 usd each for vis processing and another 60usd each for govt charges..making it 100usd per head

Pls advice on buying at the airport..wld it mean one can arrive turkey holding uk,shenghen, usa valid visa n purchase d e visa at istanbul airport without buying online b4 arrival at istanbul airport?
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Asquare84(m): 4:04pm On Aug 11, 2018
codemaniacs:

we cannot uplift ourselves overnight... we have to learn how to create "our own version" of the products we buy from them.. unfortunately, A lot of black people are content with been employees and consumers...

even if we uplift ourselves.... one war can set us back again especially if the innovators are killed...
even if we uplift ourselves.... there are people within the tribe/black-race who would gladly destroy or delay what we are trying to accomplish and build e.g buhari stopped lagos rail project despite not been Yoruba, only because he had "political power" to do so, unfortunately the same Yorubas voted for him again but this is not a political discussion...

but we have to keep learning and trying....

my battery is low...

When did buhari stopped Lagos to Ibadan railway
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Asquare84(m): 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2018
kenevision:
Pictures of the train station at Linz

This is exactly what buhari commissioned at Idu train station abuja God bless buhari

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by adeniyi65(m): 4:49pm On Aug 11, 2018
win2kwire:
It was doing ok until this happened "village people looking for ways to ruin my trip or even cancel it entirely" illiterate!

That statement alone is enough to ban this primitive African from any civilized country. 6th Century belief system incompatible in civilized world.

don't get it twisted pls.in literature we use our environment ideas and norms to captured the total stimulus of the reader.the op convey it in that way to make joke out of it . not that he really mean it. pardon my op.abeg let him enjoy his tour abi nah visit.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by adeniyi65(m): 5:35pm On Aug 11, 2018
Rexnegro:

yeah like my first too it was indeed an eye opener. flying was awesome mehn , sat beside a Nigeria man who said he's has been flying since 1972 or so when he was a kid with his father . meanwhile I confessed it was my first time , I was stupid for not asking for his contact.
grin
Rexnegro:

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by adeniyi65(m): 5:40pm On Aug 11, 2018
Rexnegro:

grin grin grin baddest!! looking för connection.
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Nwanna2588: 8:04pm On Aug 11, 2018
I will one day go to US.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kennyclassic: 8:47pm On Aug 11, 2018
win2kwire:
It was doing ok until this happened "village people looking for ways to ruin my trip or even cancel it entirely" illiterate!

That statement alone is enough to ban this primitive African from any civilized country. 6th Century belief system incompatible in civilized world.
I believe he was only trying to add some humor to his story. An illiterate couldn’t have narrated a story like this in writing.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Rexnegro(m): 12:19am On Aug 12, 2018
adeniyi65:
grin grin grin baddest!! looking för connection.
abi na it's part of traveling, you get to meet people.
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by BlueScholar(m): 12:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
Interesting thread you've here. Thanks for sharing
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by ooshinibos: 2:23pm On Aug 12, 2018
codemaniacs:

u guys are naive...

when a black person living in a run down neighborhood gets money he/she leaves that neighborhood to an already established place leaving that old place the same or worst...

most black people are conditioned by western media and their own media to turn against each other..
most black people are conditioned to be materialistic..

most black people don't own the major companies like car companies, phones companies e.t.c. so the money black people makes goes back into the hands of white people which leaves the "black economy" in a bad state even though there are many black people with money they are mostly consumers who don't buy or promote the "black owned version" of the products they consume.

how many Igbos outside Nigeria buy/ship Innoson's cars
how many Nigerians buy Nigerian created or assembled computers

Indians in Nigeria import Tata cars to Nigeria, Asians in Nigeria own asian made cars particularly from their countries, europeans in Nigerian drive european made cars.. so the money they bring into Nigeria goes back to into their hands by purchasing products created by their fellow countrymen/women in those countries.

Africans or black people are not "wicked".... they don't understand how economics works cry cry

when you leave your village/state/country you are taking money out of your country into another country that has no company/shop/mall owned by your fellow tribes-men/country-men so you losing unless you get a job there and send money back.

which is why european/american/chinese people set up businesses in the country they go to because they have the knowledge and they get the indigenous people's money and their own people money... luckily for Nigerians, many Nigerians now start businesses in other countries but not on the scale of foreigners.

white people are ruling Africa through indirect rule which means they just have to appoint presidents and tell them what to do..

It is left for the presidents to try to do their own thing and hope they don't get invaded by the same people that appointed them..

You are the naïve one ....do they put a gun to the Africans head for all the above stuff you talked about , the problem with us is that it is someone else fault when you cannot figure out how the world work ....take responsibility
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by marcondo13: 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2018
Bros,nor think am! Austria is tighter than even US that everyone is wailing about. They are always two steps ahead of you,in immigration issues.
You MUST apply from your country with admission letter,which is obtained with notarised documents from Fed ministry of education and Foreign Affairs,then the Embassy!

lifestyle1:

He can register for a course and get a study visa.

What about that ?

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by seunny4lif(m): 4:07am On Aug 13, 2018
Austria and Swiss cool cool money country but you need German to survive.
Swiss and Austria are the drug land of Europe.
Most Nigerians jobs in Austria and Swiss is selling drugs and cool money but the risk is lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by kenevision(m): 1:37pm On Aug 13, 2018
Rexnegro:

please bro where did you get your flight itinerary for the visa application? and how much did you get it please. it's urgent.

Any trusted flight booking agent around you can do it bro. I got mine for 5K or so. Even here on nairaland, there are many who can do it.

Chat @kagari up, I believe he can handle it.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigerians Who Absconded After Traveling To Russia For World Cup, Cry Out. Photos / See The Two States In Nigeria You Hardly Hear Of / American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.