Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy (26149 Views)

Why Nigerians Dont Need Free Wifi - Foreign Businessman (pic/video) / Wifi.. What's The Best Wifi Gadget To Get? / E-naira.. Things You Need To Know About The New Nigeria Digital Currency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by Jonra(m): 11:07pm On Aug 09, 2018
You're so low on joy... smiley

lanrexdo:
Simply go there and update all your gadget and also download plenty movies.. lol.. expercially series.. one terabyte of movie is not bad..video calls go plenty for there.
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by lanrexdo(m): 11:12pm On Aug 09, 2018
what do you mean? did you forget this is nigeria that people will spend 12.30am -4.30am to make free calls??

Jonra:
You're so low on joy... smiley

Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by kokomilala(m): 11:13pm On Aug 09, 2018
A taste of THE INTERNET OF EVERYTHING for 2020 with the launch of 5G.
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by BedLam: 11:13pm On Aug 09, 2018
lanrexdo:
Simply go there and update all your gadget and also download plenty movies.. lol.. expercially series.. one terabyte of movie is not bad..video calls go plenty for there.
Is this all you can dream of doing with internet ? Education has never been this cheap in the history of mankind and all you think is some repeated movies all year round ? Plenty of information and skills to set you above your peers but you think movies are the best. You people really deserve the likes of Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by Jonra(m): 11:14pm On Aug 09, 2018
I get your drift. Lucky will be the man who lives close to an open and working hi-speed Google hotspot. And wise is the man who builds himself with that gateway to the limitless library of the internet

lanrexdo:
what do you mean? did you forget this is nigeria that people will spend 12.30am -4.30am to make free calls??

1 Like

Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by itoopcoza: 11:15pm On Aug 09, 2018
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by BedLam: 11:16pm On Aug 09, 2018
Jonra:
Digital is the future, the future is now. In short it started yesterday (and we're already late). *John Legend mood*�

This could the spark that lights the fire of many disruptive innovations in the most populous black country.
Lie lie. Some people above think watching movies us best thug to do with internet.

Constant power supply is what will change the face of this country. That's is they don't waste it on movies too

1 Like

Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by islandmoon: 11:19pm On Aug 09, 2018
another Greek gift
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by Buffalowings3(m): 11:20pm On Aug 09, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

Expect low data rates not law suits!

It's a good thing Google is doing and every normal right thinking Nigerian will not only encourage it but embrace and appreciate it!!!

It will be of great help and relief to alot of people especially me.

Yeah it is a good initiative...
But I wouldn't expect low data rates when the regulatory body is glaringly anticompetitive. NCC pegged the data rates just a few months ago.
With Google coming in and eating into GloAndMtns market , I suppose they will be suing NCC rather than Google.
How do you stay competitive if the regulatory body doesn't provide a level playing field?

2 Likes

Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by Teedawg: 11:28pm On Aug 09, 2018
BedLam:
[b]The problem is who is taking the bulk of the profit?! Uber takes in money, Facebook from advertising and same as Google. Capital flight leaving the country in billions of dollars. Was it really difficult for all these people graduating from Andela to trail uber ? Took taxify years to step in and they've established themselves and still taking the profit to small Estonia.
You hear the programmers beating their chest and you think they are colonizing Jupiter already. No legislation because leaders cant swe the future. Those with enough money to bootstrap people with the ideas are rather employing miscreants to take pictures of them while gallivanting here and there from one man's built city and airline business.
We are in a long ride in this country. It will be for the longest of times.

By the way, there is nothing free. It has it's own price that mostly silly people don't even care to ask. Your information is for sale and anyone with access to that network can be malicious. Stay safe people, the only American you can trust is the one unborn. [/b]
sir I'm trying to grasp your point in this statement you're just dangling from here to there undecided
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by justtoodark: 11:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
una go regret having google in africa...

nothing is free in this world....

that you nigerians dont understand this simple fact is crazy....
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by Jonra(m): 11:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
Sure and in agreement with Jeremy Rifkin (principal architect of the third industrial revolution plans of the PRC and adviser to the EU) who proved that a new energy regime (constant power in our case), a revolutionary communication process (prolly Google free WiFi in our case smiley, and new (reliable) modes of transport are the prerequisites for any significant economic shift. Happened in both industrial revolutions.

...So we still need the trains and roads fixed

BedLam:
Lie lie. Some people above think watching movies us best thug to do with internet.

Constant power supply is what will change the face of this country. That's is they don't waste it on movies too
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by Jonra(m): 11:35pm On Aug 09, 2018
I'd like to hear your arguments against this development?

justtoodark:
una go regret having google in africa...

nothing is free in this world....

that you nigerians dont understand this simple fact is crazy....
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by Innov8ve1: 11:35pm On Aug 09, 2018
there are some ulterior motives behind this free wifi thingy
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by justtoodark: 11:38pm On Aug 09, 2018
Jonra:
I'd like to hear your arguments against this development?

i dont have to argue anything....

just know that nothing is free in this world....
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by justtoodark: 11:38pm On Aug 09, 2018
Innov8ve1:
there are some ulterior motives behind this free wifi thingy

they dont get it....
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by haryomikun(m): 11:48pm On Aug 09, 2018
Buffalowings3:
Expecting lawsuits from MTN, GLO and others
Are you dum.b? How does free Wifi equate to illegal doings?
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by inyenejo(m): 11:49pm On Aug 09, 2018
GOD PUNISH APC
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by Singalong: 11:49pm On Aug 09, 2018
Hello I'm new on nairaland.. From my time of being a guest. I have to commend chief azubike for a job well done

1 Like

Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by Neoviper147: 12:06am On Aug 10, 2018
We are paying the Bill's. The taxes we pay here na die. Up to the food we eat, they tax it. So, enjoy the Google thing guys, it's our money.
Leun:
I once heard Google wifi isn't openly free in the states but it's the reverse here in Nigeria. People shouldn't complain about future job loss from our various network providers, because imagine Google spreading their tentacle all over the states, they're already a threat to them. We all know that someone somewhere is paying the bills and there are no free gifts.
Newton law states that for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction.
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by BedLam: 12:10am On Aug 10, 2018
Teedawg:
sir I'm trying to grasp your point in this statement you're just dangling from here to there undecided
I guess you don't have skin in the game. So kindly move on.
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by BedLam: 12:14am On Aug 10, 2018
Jonra:
Sure and in agreement with Jeremy Rifkin (principal architect of the third industrial revolution plans of the PRC and adviser to the EU) who proved that a new energy regime (constant power in our case), a revolutionary communication process (prolly Google free WiFi in our case smiley, and new (reliable) modes of transport are the prerequisites for any significant economic shift. Happened in both industrial revolutions.

...So we still need the trains and roads fixed

Yes. Movement of goods abs people are some of the key things that drive an economy. The city of Dallas is far from any water body but that city became big because of railway that was built some years ago. This is why the Chinese aren't relenting in their development of rail systems. Hitler capitalized on the rail tech to wage his war. It was the backbone of the nazi.

1 Like

Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by felarity(m): 12:54am On Aug 10, 2018
Nice development

Digital Marketing
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by Topmaike007(m): 1:07am On Aug 10, 2018
Custaqueen:
But its not available in agbara nah undecided

youguys should please check my signature ooo ....it would mean
Alot to me. cry.thanks
I dey tell you oo dem just blank people like us wey dey stay Ijanikin
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by bournegreat: 1:56am On Aug 10, 2018
It's good this has come, no more network glitches...
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by YankeeCap: 1:58am On Aug 10, 2018
No.1 is spot on. If only more people could know the opportunity that the internet provides for business, we would be quite advanced.
qanda:
While this is a good development. Did you know that Google major intent is to make more internet money from Nigeria - this is not bad. You'd find that the service will be provided in the City Centers were the MONEY is. The Questions you should ask yourself:

1. How can I use the access to internet to better my business?
2. How can I acquire more useful knowledge of how the internet aid successful businesses?
3. Can I create an internet based business>
4. Can I master how the internet works and consult for other businesses?
5. Besides advertisements, how else does Google makes money?

Kindly have a look at Q and A App (Download Q and A App from Google Playstore), We built it to provide every knowledge seeker the information they seek. The available resources include O'level materials, Professional Exams resources, Job Test Resources and Business & Entrepreneurial resources. Our own way of making the internet useful for you.

You sure can make more from the internet than you are currently doing. What are you doing with the internet...? I want to know
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by richestjozy(m): 2:15am On Aug 10, 2018
Edu3Again:
If u are Christian u need to remember.

Revelation 13 (KJV)
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

This is the system for the Anti-Christ's system is going to be based on the internet!
If u dont have his name, u can't log on and hence cant buy or sell.

Why do u think everything is being pushed to the web?

Thanks so much for this. GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY.

1 Like

Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by JaneYave(f): 2:25am On Aug 10, 2018
What a good news ! When will it kick off?
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by StellarJo(m): 2:38am On Aug 10, 2018
Leun:
I once heard Google wifi isn't openly free in the states but it's the reverse here in Nigeria. People shouldn't complain about future job loss from our various network providers, because imagine Google spreading their tentacle all over the states, they're already a threat to them. We all know that someone somewhere is paying the bills and there are no free gifts.
Newton law states that for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction.

Law 3! Na So!!
And we all should nt forget THIS IS 9JA.
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by israelmao(m): 3:14am On Aug 10, 2018
This is really a good step forward.
Re: Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy by biggyG(m): 3:29am On Aug 10, 2018
Happy birthday to a young niaralander who left Gombe unrewarded in Nysc after winning the state Nysc service award.Nysc Gombe 2016. A wonderful band leader, your leadership Stride's will never go unrewarded

Biggy you touched lives in Gombe.

We need Young leader's like this to change this country...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of The Most Worst And Common Passwords Of 2016 / E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria / Take A Screenshot Of Your Music Player And Share With Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.