Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,381 members, 7,800,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom (35957 Views)

This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom / 10 Morning Wood (Erection) Facts You Probably Didn't Know / Underwear Mistakes You Are Making As A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by Uranus1: 2:35am On Aug 10, 2018
The toilet is one of the most used part but least taken care of. Bathroom etiquette is essential for a healthy living space so here are 7 common mistakes you probably make in the bathroom.
There are some of the things you thought you were doing right but trust me after going through this list, you'll be surprised.

1. Flushing the toilet while the lid is up
According to Charles Gerba, a microbiologist from the University of Arizona, Fecal matter and urine can fly as far as six feet away from the toilet bowl during each flush. Close the lid before you flush to keep those gross particles in your toilet and out of the air.

2. Sitting on the toilet seat too long
People tend to use their toilet time to books, magazines or scroll through social media. Sitting on the ceramic throne for too long can cause hemorrhoids because the seated position places a lot of pressure on the veins in your lower rectum which can swell or bulge.
The most common symptom of hemorrhoids is rectal bleeding but you may experience itchiness or discomfort around the rectal area. This is just a quick reminder that the toilet isn’t the place for personal time.

3. Keeping your toothbrush too close to the toilet
Toothbrushes should be kept about four feet away from the toilet because, as noted earlier fecal matter and urine can fly from the toilet bowl when you flush and live the lid open. It should not also be placed on the sink due to splashes from soap and dirty water.

4. Not washing your hands long enough
According to the CDC, all it takes is twenty seconds to give your hands a proper scrubbing with soap and water. 95 percent of people don’t wash their hands long enough to effectively kill germs based on a Michigan state university study with the average hand-washing time of only six seconds.

5. Forgetting to clean your toothbrush
Researchers have found that about 10million germs of icky bacteria like E.coli on the average toothbrush. It’s important to rinse your toothbrush well after each use and occasionally soak it in vinegar for about 30 minutes to get rid of any leftover bacteria, making your toothbrush replacements every three months.

6. Overwiping
The number one rule of wiping: Less is more. One or two wipes are usually all you need to clean yourself up after using the toilet. But wiping too much can irritate your anus and cause small abrasions that trigger inflammation and itch. If more than one wipe won’t suffice, switch to wet toilet paper or an unscented baby wipe to decrease the irritation and friction from wiping.

7. Placing the toilet brush back into its holder immediately after use
Germs and moisture breed and multiply every time you put a toilet brush back into its holder right after each use. Always allow the brush dry completely after you’ve finished cleaning the toilet bowl so you’re not scrubbing the same bacteria back into your toilet the next time you use it.

https://www.pulse.ng/lifestyle/beauty-health/7-common-mistakes-you-probably-make-in-the-bathroom-id8704036.html

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by Nobody: 2:36am On Aug 10, 2018
Very good thread.
We learn everyday.

I have never done number one before.
I'll try it today!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by josielewa(m): 11:09am On Aug 10, 2018
na dat overwiping me dey do....but i prefer to "tamba" that is use water and your hand...........tissue no go clean am well...

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by alphaconde(m): 11:10am On Aug 10, 2018
josielewa:
hmmn
golamike:
Very educative! Thanks OP
abegi

1 Like

Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by Oluwasaeon(m): 11:10am On Aug 10, 2018
2. A clean and neat toilet seat is actually one of the best places on God's green Earth to kush, reason your life, surf the web and play games.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 10, 2018
Nawa o..... Make I No Chat For Toilet � Again?

1 Like

Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by kullozone(m): 11:11am On Aug 10, 2018
But an average Nigerian family home toilet doesn't have lids na!

I prefer cleaning with water than tissue oh! nor be say I be Ajepako, but I feel "cleaner" using water and washing my hands with soap afterwards.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by eluquenson(m): 11:12am On Aug 10, 2018
josielewa:
na dat overwiping me dey do....but i prefer to "tamba" that is use water and your hand...........tissue no go clean am well...
you be original afonja like me grin

24 Likes

Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by experimentist: 11:12am On Aug 10, 2018
Shitting in wash sink cry
Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by akeentech(m): 11:12am On Aug 10, 2018
ZubbyGodson:
Nawa o..... Make I No Chat For Toilet � Again?
Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by Johnboom: 11:12am On Aug 10, 2018
You are on point
Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by madridguy(m): 11:13am On Aug 10, 2018
Message fully copied.
Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by Oluwasaeon(m): 11:14am On Aug 10, 2018
josielewa:
Kai dat 'tamba' word dey always disgust me

6 Likes

Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 10, 2018
Wetin person no go hear

Later we go see tutorial on how to shit very well

3 Likes

Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by allanphash7(m): 11:14am On Aug 10, 2018
Mistake dey bathroom again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by bigtt76(f): 11:15am On Aug 10, 2018
Correct! But make sure you wash your hands more than the stipulated 20 seconds grin

josielewa:
Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by Nedfed(m): 11:16am On Aug 10, 2018
That means I suffered Yetunde so much in the bathroom.
I gave her heard by making sure she hold the WC seat while I pull her bum bum out in form of doggy style. We had the sex for almost 30min just like the way Teddy A gave it to Bambam.

1 Like

Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by zicoraads: 11:16am On Aug 10, 2018
How about giving 'head' wrongly? undecided tongue
Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by golamike: 11:18am On Aug 10, 2018
Very educative! Thanks OP
Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by exporters101: 11:19am On Aug 10, 2018
That's cool read
Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by Lilimax(f): 11:21am On Aug 10, 2018
ok
Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by emmyN(m): 11:22am On Aug 10, 2018
See thread grin. News is finished on nairaland
Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by Yewandequeen(f): 11:24am On Aug 10, 2018
No where I enjoy my candy Crush game more than in the toilet tongue

Comfort in clean personal toilet is bae#ifuknowuknow

3 Likes

Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by bisi16(m): 11:25am On Aug 10, 2018
8. Singing in the shower believing they 're R.kelly
Re: 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom by deepwater(f): 11:27am On Aug 10, 2018
lol

i actually completed my chemistry textbook on that sit grin

The understanding was better than that of the class room

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mentally Challenged Man Smoking Weed By Roadside In Ibadan (Photos) / How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? / Baby Favour Regains Sight After Surgery (before And After Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.