Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Millions Of Yahoo Accounts Hacked, Am I The Next? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Millions Of Yahoo Accounts Hacked, Am I The Next? (313 Views)

UNIBEN Students Throw Millions Of Naira To Celebrate Graduation (VIDEO) / Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions / Meaning Of Yahoo Boy [picture] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Millions Of Yahoo Accounts Hacked, Am I The Next? by HanryStewart: 8:16am On Aug 10, 2018
“In the wake of initial reports an year back stating that nearly 3 billion accounts were hacked, I got petrified.”

If the profile gets accessed by strangers, it is going to open up a large can of worms. It is not a strenuous job to protect your Yahoo account these days. Learn how you can secure your identity from the jockeys through the steps that are recommended below.

What is the first task you need to do?

The hacking has a direct connection with the password so first, change the code on every account. Start with the most vulnerable accounts i.e. Internet banking, email etc. Ensure that they are different.

Yahoo Technical Support helps with the protection of email accounts
1. Never reuse passwords: Web is a platform where password management tools and solutions are encrypted and rendered. If you are peeping for memorable phrases, include sentences made of words, numbers and even punctuations. In case you made a fault of using the code elsewhere, review the security settings and modify it accordingly.
2. Two-factor authentication: Turn on the 2FA for any account which supports it. This will prompt the one time use code sent via the message, phone call or an email. It must be an extra mark of protection that prevents the entrée of the hackers.
3. Don’t save emails, you don’t need them: As space is no longer an issue with most of the services, users never delete them. While it is extremely convenient, it is not a very good idea as it allows the hacker to discover what other accounts are tied up to. Consider cleaning the mailbox of welcome, reset notifications and a lot more. Make it a difficult task for hackers to actually hunt down your ID.

Beyond this, avoid clicking on the links, or downloading the attachment from the suspicious emails. For further assistance, quickly reach Yahoo Technical Support Australia @ +61-283173553 and get welcomed by our highly-qualified technicians who work to eliminate Yahoo related problems of people. We won’t make you disheartened!

(1) (Reply)

African Golden Girls Win Technovation Award In Silicon Valley / Remita Error Ref:po68 / International Scholarships At Hamburg University Of Applied Sciences, Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.