Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,422 members, 7,808,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

The Viral Dinosaur Bones Found With Warning In Lagos Debunked - See Evidence - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Viral Dinosaur Bones Found With Warning In Lagos Debunked - See Evidence (694 Views)

Dinosaur Bones Found In Lagos, Warning Message Written On A Tablet (Photos) / Dinosaur Bones Found On A Construction Site In Mowe - Ibafo / Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Viral Dinosaur Bones Found With Warning In Lagos Debunked - See Evidence by apeiron24(m): 11:40am On Aug 10, 2018
Hello my fellow Nairalanders. I am here to debunk a post going viral about Dinosaur Bones found in lagos with an inscription "Adapt or Die" and a url of a website www.x3mshapeshifters.com.

I was surfing through Nairaland when i hit a post on the front page "Dinosaur Bones Found In Lagos, Warning Message Written On A Tablet (Photos)". Immediately i saw the handwriting on the Tablet, i knew this must be a stunt from someone who want popularity or someone who just want want to kid us all around. Hundreds of nairalanders already disagreed with the post and am not surprised about that. Many people on Nairaland are not really easy to play around with.

I decided to do a background check on the website url included in the Inscription alongside the bone and my discovery gave birth to the title of this post after a big Shock. I would have love to examine the bone and inscription personally, but you should know that even if i am currently in Lagos, i wouldn't be allowed to access it.

After my Background check, i found the following facts:

1. The Domain name "x3mshapeshifters.com" was registered on 27/06/2018 and will expire on 27/06/2019 on whogohost web hosting company. You can find out about the history and exclusive details of any domain name in this world on https://www.whois.com except if the owner protect his/her privacy. So if you go to https://www.whois.com/whois/x3mshapeshifters.com, you will find all the information about the url, the owner, name, address, email and even phone number. The owner is supposed to have protected this, but i guess maybe he doesn't have an idea how it works.

I had enough time and i would do anything for Nairaland (smiles), so i put a call through to the number i found on the whois page to confirm the stunt. The guy that picked the call claimed he doesn't know anything about it and that he is just an administrator handling the website and the information he has is restricted to what he is doing. Categorically, according to him, "i don't know anything about the bones or the inscription."

If that bone is of a Deity that has lived for over 200years then how could a 2 months old domain name be in there? Maybe its the future right? you decide in the comment box below.

2. The website "x3mshapeshifters" contains 9 slides

1. WELCOME TO SHAPESHIFTERS

2. WHO WE ARE
WE ARE AN ENERGETIC CREATIVE ORGANIZATION WITH AN AGELESS PHILOSOPHY
SHAPE SHIFTING

3. SHAPESHIFTING
IT'S ABOUT CONTINOUS TRANSFORMATION
IT'S ABOUT INCESSANT METAMORPHOSIS
IT'S ABOUT ALWAYS ADAPTING TO SURVIVE

4. "IT IS NOT
THE STRONGEST
OF BRANDS THAT SURVIVE, BUT THE ONES MOST RESPONSIVE TO CHANGE"
DARWIN'S BROTHER
THE ADVERTISING EXECUTIVE

5. TODAY'S PACE OF CHANGE IN BUSINESS CONDITIONS IS SURELY SPECTACULAR.
BRAND CUSTODIANS SHOULD EXPECT THAT IT WILL ACCELERATE FROM HERE

6. BUT LIKE MOST THINGS IN BUSINESS, RAPID CHANGE IS A TWO-EDGED SWORD - A THREAT BUT ALSO AN OPPORTUNITY FOR...
BRANDS WHO KNOW HOW TO SHAPESHIFT

7. BRANDS HAVE TWO OPTIONS
SHAPESHIFT OR DIE

8. X3MSHAPESHIFTERS
WE HELP BRANDS ADAPT TO BECOME
RELEVANT IN TODAY'S MARKET

9. HOW TO SHAPESHIFT ( i will drop the picture below- the fist picture is the 9th slide.)

From the above 9 slides, you should be able to discover what the website does.

3. The idea of burying bones and inscribing a website on it is just a publicity stunt and the person behind it is looking for brands to advertise for. They don't really budget a lot for the launching i guess. Because if they do, they would have paid more to protect their privacy, add SSL to their website even though it is free advertise their company on facebook of PPC. But instead, they are making head lines with a Dinosaur bone stunt.

Either the owners attempt to fool us all or not, i guess they already have the popularity they are looking for.

"LIKE" if you agree advertisement can take any form and "SHARE" if you think you don't have to fool people to be popular.

What do you think?

Mynd44
OAM4J
lalasticlala
Dominique

Re: The Viral Dinosaur Bones Found With Warning In Lagos Debunked - See Evidence by Oluwasaeon(m): 11:44am On Aug 10, 2018
Good job!
Re: The Viral Dinosaur Bones Found With Warning In Lagos Debunked - See Evidence by apeiron24(m): 2:34pm On Aug 10, 2018
Thanks
Re: The Viral Dinosaur Bones Found With Warning In Lagos Debunked - See Evidence by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 10, 2018
I'm beginning to think it's a hoax but why are people so jobless The culprits should be arrested & detained, imagine I thought they would have unearth the body & legs of the dinosaur, it's just this head I keep seeing. angry

Re: The Viral Dinosaur Bones Found With Warning In Lagos Debunked - See Evidence by Ajibolatao(m): 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2018
We all know it's fake in the first place.

Check my signature for your affordable and professional web design and development.

(1) (Reply)

How To American Book Free Download Epub | Best Books 2018 / Chief Of Staffs To Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah, Is Plus One Today. / Are Haier Thermocool Generators Good?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.