Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,745 members, 7,806,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet (12646 Views)

Picking The Perfect Necklace Length For You (women’s Edition) / 5 Tips On How To Protect Your Natural Hair This Harmattan Season / These 5 Tips Will Make Picking The Perfect Wedding Decor Easy For Any Bride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet by Opinionated: 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2018
When shopping for shoes, you want to have more than just fashion in mind. You’ll also have to consider keeping your feet in good shape. Jumia, the online store you can trust, shares tips to help you choose the right shoes.

Take a tracing of your foot with you

Place any shoe you think you might buy on top of the tracing. If the shoe is narrower or shorter than the tracing, don’t even try it on or attempt to purchase it.

Stand in the shoes

Press gently on the top of the shoe to make sure you have about a half-inch of space between your longest toe and the end of the shoe. This provides enough room for your foot to press forward as you walk. Wiggle your toes to make sure there’s enough room.

Trust your own comfort level rather than a shoe’s size or description

Sizes vary between manufacturers. And no matter how comfortable an advertisement claims those shoes are, you’re the real judge. So, make sure you are comfortable in the shoes rather than the shoe’s size or description.

Have someone measure both feet

Every time you want to buy a new shoe, get your foot measured. Feet change with age, often growing larger and wider. If one foot is larger than the other, buy a size that fits the larger foot

Pay attention to width as well as the length

If the ball of your foot feels compressed in a particular shoe, ask if it comes in a wider size. Buying shoes that are a half-size bigger — but not any wider — won’t necessarily solve the problem.

Check the soles

Are the soles sturdy enough to provide protection from sharp objects? Do they provide any cushioning? Take note of how they feel as you walk around the shoe store. Try to walk on hard surfaces as well as carpet to see how the shoe feels on both ends.

Source: 5 Tips for Picking the Right Shoes for Your Feet

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet by exporters101: 7:08pm On Aug 10, 2018
Nice tips

Write on how to avoid smelling shoes, many will be interested

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet by maureensylvia(f): 7:09pm On Aug 10, 2018
AKUKO...jux for shoe o

3 Likes

Re: 5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet by Sunnynaz: 7:09pm On Aug 10, 2018
lawmakers in a fight in Abuja, National House of Assembly .... Pls Get Ur PVC coolcoolcool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXGxfHdWjPg
Re: 5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet by eleko1: 7:10pm On Aug 10, 2018
cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet by Chidinma867: 7:10pm On Aug 10, 2018
Nice one OP, I really love this smiley
Re: 5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet by Fianze93(m): 7:10pm On Aug 10, 2018
Why not jus put your leg inside the shoe... And save ur self d stress of going through these

5 Likes

Re: 5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet by Gr8lex(m): 7:11pm On Aug 10, 2018
OP, are you fucking kidding me? abeg tell
me something new.
Re: 5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 10, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet by originals1(m): 7:11pm On Aug 10, 2018
Space booked
Re: 5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet by Loveworld12: 7:12pm On Aug 10, 2018
Everything is now mov to front page, haba! U mean I have to learn how to select my personal shoe? Omoh.

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet by asawanathegreat(m): 7:13pm On Aug 10, 2018
I don't have shoe size oo, I need capantal to make my own size.
Re: 5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet by theoldpretender(m): 7:14pm On Aug 10, 2018
Excellent advice OP.

Especially for people like me with flat feet!
Re: 5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet by HypocriticalMod: 7:14pm On Aug 10, 2018
Noted
Re: 5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet by exporters101: 7:15pm On Aug 10, 2018
maureensylvia:
AKUKO...jux for shoe o
Yeah, it's that important for us
Re: 5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet by yanmiri(f): 7:16pm On Aug 10, 2018
Fianze93:
Why not jus put your leg inside the shoe... And save ur self d stress of going through these

He's basically saying the same thing as you

Try on the shoes while checking for most of the points
Re: 5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet by Yinxies(f): 7:17pm On Aug 10, 2018
And it made FP
Re: 5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet by badoo64: 7:27pm On Aug 10, 2018
Nice write up

Re: 5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet by Oxtertee(m): 7:37pm On Aug 10, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
grin
Pls suggest a mod I should buy this shoe for...
lalasticalala
Re: 5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet by HotMario: 8:03pm On Aug 10, 2018

Thank you

Re: 5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet by blackaxe78: 12:05am On Aug 11, 2018
Reminds me 1845 when I got my first leather shoe
Re: 5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet by blackaxe78: 12:06am On Aug 11, 2018
asawanathegreat:
I don't have shoe size oo, I need capantal to make my own size.

Hit a Nike accredited store

(1) (Reply)

100 Supper Stylish And Creative Ankara Skirt And Blouse Styles Forafrican Ladies / Busty Well Dressed Nigerians Girls On Twitter(no Oloshos Included) Photos!!! / Toothpaste Can Get Rid Of Pimples Overnight.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.