Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:04 AM

APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! (3520 Views)

Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ / Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition / APC Senators All Smiles As They Pose With President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by wingmanII: 5:55pm On Aug 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Law is not mathematics. Law is language. The law stipulates 2/3 MAJORITY of the members of the house and not 2/3 OF ALL the members of the house

So any senator absent on a particular day ceases to be a member of the house?
Mu
Mumu Sagay is clearly misleading many of you. Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by Butterflyleo: 6:01pm On Aug 10, 2018
wingmanII:

So any senator absent on a particular day ceases to be a member of the house?
Mu
Mumu Sagay is clearly misleading many of you. Nonsense!

Many of you are a disgrace to education.

We try to explain it to you and you still refuse to learn.

The total number of the senators are 109

Half of that number is roughly 54

A simple majority means 54 or above. Say 55 , 56, 57 senators present .

That number becomes the simple majority of the members of the house. The constitution does not say 2/3 OF ALL the members of the house and neither does it say 2/3 OF THE ENTIRE members of the house.

That simple majority forms a quorum because it is already above 1/3 of the total membership of the house and they then effect his impeachment with the votes of 2/3 of the simple majority present.

This isn't hard to understand so just in case you are still struggling to understand what I just typed, then read it again.

1 Like

Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by Roger3D(m): 6:02pm On Aug 10, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:

Bloodykiller, cursedabiola, Isaabubakar, shakazullu, tigerclaws..you again ?

You just registered this grin. Have they banned apanapiaigwe ? We have to get rid of rapists and pedophiles which is what you promote all the time

NgeneUkwenu, please take note. Always report him for harassment. We got the mods to ban 5 out of the over 50 monikers he uses. He confessed he's an ex convict who was jailed for molesting a minor.
so you too are aware of that cry baby bloodykiller guy with his boring antics? The jobless guy has almost a hundred different monikers spewing the same rehearsed line
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Half if that number is roughly 54

That number becomes the simple majority of the members of the house.

That simple majority forms a quorum because it is already above 1/3 of the total membership of the house and they then effect his impeachment with the votes of 2/3 of the simple majority present.

This isn't hard to understand so just in case you are still struggling to understand what I just typed, then read it again.

This is what Sagay is trying to say.

Stop making it up as you go along

You can’t run a country like that
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by Chuksonyeike: 6:07pm On Aug 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

That number becomes the simple majority of the members of the house. The constitution does not say 2/3 OF ALL the members of the house and neither does it say 2/3 OF THE ENTIRE members of the house.

Bros enough of the interpretation. Go and impeach him already. Keypad warrior
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by BlackPantherxXx: 6:08pm On Aug 10, 2018
Roger3D:
so you too are aware of that cry baby bloodykiller guy with his boring antics? The jobless guy has almost a hundred different monikers spewing the same rehearsed line

Yes i even tolerated him for the mindless anti Buhari rants after all, Buhari is greater than his entire generation can be.

But when he confessed to being a rapist, that was it for me. I reported him and that's why you can't see the other monikers active for now.

Shakazullu,olaotu1 and tigerclaws are the active ones this paedophile uses. Just report him, the MODs know him. Mynd44 is a fair MOD

1 Like

Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by babytoun: 6:08pm On Aug 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Law is not mathematics. Law is language. The law stipulates 2/3 MAJORITY of the members of the house and not 2/3 OF ALL the members of the house

can you state the country's constitution you are referring to......i need to be sure .

Is that why you sent Dss there so that only 30 senators are allowed in and all 30 vote saraki out ?

You guys are just shameless....see desperation....see warped interpretation.

I know Apc' s game plan ...it is to remove saraki by illegal means and use govt might to delay the court process for redress......by the time the courts pronounce saraki the rightful Senate President it is already April 2019 ....IT WON'T WORK
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by ejihand(m): 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Good move but too rigorous.

The law is simple.

All that is needed 1/3 of the simple majority to form a quorum and effect his impeachment.

This is why PDP senators were sleeping at the senate to stop that to happen and that was why the DSS ex boss was also involved.

The senate would reconvene in a few days and I foresee a serious fight would occur on that day because everybody would be geared up for war especially the PDP senators bearing in mind that they are a minority now.

However, I expect a tactic like a meeting being called in the senate and a time of 11am given while the APC senators would arrive much earlier and conclude the impeachment before the arrival of anyone else.

All i personally want is for saraki to drop that position he fraudulently got

Ngeneukwenu, reason better than you do. I suppose you an adult but unfortunately, you are so childish, so incoherent in thought and worst of it all no honor. Do you think politics is for feeble nitwit like you?

Little wonder, TonyeBarcanista no longer engage you in discussion because he found out that you are totally empty upstairs
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by Butterflyleo: 6:10pm On Aug 10, 2018
krendo:

Stop making it up as you go along

You can’t run a country like that

Legal language is everything.

Simple MAJORITY of the members of the house means that those who would be seated MUST exceed half of the numbers of the house and not 2/3 of the entire members of the house.

However, the impeachment itself can only be effective when 2/3 of that MORE THAN HALF THE MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE support it.
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by wingmanII: 6:10pm On Aug 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

We know those with half education.
Keep interpreting trash, wait for the constitution to write ALL before you know all members are implied.
You and your APC masters can go ahead and destroy the country, I don't care much. Given up on this shithole long before now.
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by Butterflyleo: 6:11pm On Aug 10, 2018
babytoun:

can you state the country's constitution you are referring to......i need to be sure .

Is that why you sent Dss there so that only 30 senators are allowed in and all 30 vote saraki out ?

I know Apc' s game plan ...it is to remove saraki by illegal means and use govt might to delay the court process for redress......by the time the courts pronounce saraki the rightful Senate President it is already April 2019 ....IT WON'T WORK

You are clearly in error.

Legal language is everything.

Simple MAJORITY of the members of the house means that those who would be seated MUST exceed half of the numbers of the house and not 2/3 of the entire members of the house.

However, the impeachment itself can only be effective when 2/3 of that MORE THAN HALF THE MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE support it.
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by duality(m): 6:11pm On Aug 10, 2018
FOLYKAZE:

Bros this is is the part where we disagree by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of the members of that House.

The emboldened is from the law you quoted. If Lawal was to mean business like I assumed, he will proceed on the impeachment process and let the court what the law mean by "two-thirds majority of the members of that house. Court will explain if that clause mean the ⅔ of the 109 members or ⅔ of the ⅓ sitted. By then he would have gone and the legal battle can go on.

And the next person will be impeached almost immediately.

See, you know the truth but you're being emotional.
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by Butterflyleo: 6:12pm On Aug 10, 2018
ejihand:

Ngeneukwenu, reason better than you do. I suppose you an adult but unfortunately, you are so childish, so incoherent in thought and worst of it all no honor. Do you think politics is for feeble nitwit like you?

When moróns speak I can tell by their shallow sense of reasoning. Thanks for the attention though
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by wingmanII: 6:14pm On Aug 10, 2018
babytoun:

Funny enough the idiot has even convinced himself.
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by Grayxme: 6:35pm On Aug 10, 2018
Saraki has caused a lot of damage in this administration and he has lost his respect and integrity in the process, but i believed that the APC are the people with integrity, they will never go through illegal means in removing the senate president, i believe that Saraki will be removed when the time is right.
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by tesppidd: 6:41pm On Aug 10, 2018
Lol

Even though I want to see Saraki disgraced and removed, or removed and disgraced,

Anyone that comes first I don't bloody care!

But the fact is that the constitution says;

2/3 of the members OF that house

NOT

2/3 of the members IN that house

OF and IN are very key words here.

OF would require 73 senators

IN would require 25 senators
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by tesppidd: 6:41pm On Aug 10, 2018
But having said that,

Buhari is slow sha

That's one difference between him and OBJ

OBJ is mean and cold

A man like OBJ would have capitalized on this lacuna

Impeached Saraki with 25 members and damned the consequences

Another senate would be inaugurated by june before the court cases would be decided.
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by donttouchme: 6:43pm On Aug 10, 2018
Apc have not recovered from the two attempt they made to impeach him. Lol.
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by Butterflyleo: 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2018
tesppidd:
Lol

Even though I want to see Saraki disgraced and removed, or removed and disgraced,

Anyone that comes first I don't bloody care!

But the fact is that the constitution says;

2/3 of the members OF that house

NOT

2/3 of the members IN that house

OF and IN are very key words here.

OF would require 73 senators

IN would require 25 senators

The constitution says 2/3 OF THE MAJORITY of the members of the house.

The members of the house is 109

Majority of the members of the house means that those who sit to effect the impeachment must be more than half the total number of the members of the entire house.

It is that more than half of the whole house that 2/3 of their votes are required to impeach saraki.

APC senators already meet that criteria in the constitution of 2/3 Majority of the members of the house and that is why saraki called a recess after he defected and that is also why the PDP senators have been conducting vigils at NASS and that is also why the sacked DG was used to cause a barricade.

Saraki knows what the constitution says and he knows that his impeachment is already done but is just trying to hang on by any thread of deception, cowardice and manipulation he can get.

The key term is MAJORITY
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by tesppidd: 6:55pm On Aug 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Majority of the members of the house means that those who sit to effect the impeachment must be more than half the total number of the members of the entire house.

It is that more than half of the whole house that 2/3 of their votes are required to impeach saraki.

APC senators already meet that criteria in the constitution of 2/3 Majority of the members of the house and that is why saraki called a recess after he defected and that is also why the PDP senators have been conducting vigils at NASS and that is also why the sacked DG was used to cause a barricade.

Saraki knows what the constitution says and he knows that his impeachment is already done but is just trying to hang on by any thread of deception, cowardice and manipulation he can get.

The key term is MAJORITY
Just read again and it says two-thirds majority

Now let's think about it;

1. Two-thirds majority

2. Two-thirds of the majority

Are 1 and 2 the same?

Lol.
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by Butterflyleo: 6:57pm On Aug 10, 2018
tesppidd:
Just read again and it says two-thirds majority

Now let's think about it;

1. Two-thirds majority

2. Two-thirds of the majority

Are 1 and 2 the same?

Lol.

Read it in full.

It says and I quote

(c) if he is removed from office by a resolution of the Senate or of the House of Representatives, as the case may be, by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of the members of that House

It clearly says 2/3 MAJORITY of the members of that house.

This means those who sit to effect the impeachment must be more than half of the total members of the senate (OF THAT HOUSE).

But the actual impeachment requires the votes of 2/3 of that majority that is already seated such as 55, senators or above which shows MAJORITY of the numbers of THAT HOUSE.
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by killsmith(f): 7:03pm On Aug 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

The key term is MAJORITY
Take it easy, else you die of crying....
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 10, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
Saraki went into the National Assemby Complex with only 50 Senators and got himself selected as the Senate President, what are the APC with over 60 Members and other sympathizers from other smaller parties in the senate, waiting for to get the traitor axed?

Impeach him now!

The only reactions afterward will only be:

Useless press releases from Saraki.

endless tweets from Ben Bruce (the account being managed Reno Omkri)

PDP will issue press releases and copy UN, Trump, Israel, FIFA, CaF, UniCef etc..

Endless threads on Nairaland, on how our democracy is in danger.

But after 1 week, everybody will move on. There will be realignment of power within the National Assembly.

Nigeria progress being scuttle by Saraki and his PDP felonies will be brought back in full force.

Miss Ngene

Why not invite the military to take over because you are that PAINED?

Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Read it in full.

It says and I quote

It clearly says 2/3 MAJORITY of the members of that house.

This means those who sit to effect the impeachment must be more than half of the total members of the senate (OF THAT HOUSE).

But the actual impeachment requires the votes of 2/3 of that majority that is already seated such as 55, senators or above which shows MAJORITY of the numbers of THAT HOUSE.

Even a supposed SAN n Sagar could not interprete the constitutional requirement. The 2/3 OF the House means 2/3 of 109, which is 73. It does not mean 2/3 IN plenary sir!
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by Butterflyleo: 7:31pm On Aug 10, 2018
Amitez:

Even a supposed SAN n Sagar could not interprete the constitutional requirement. The 2/3 OF the House means 2/3 of 109, which is 73. It does not mean 2/3 IN plenary sir!

Why are you mixing things up?

It says 2/3 MAJORITY of the members of that house

And not what you typed.

Sagay is very very correct.
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by engineerboat(m): 7:46pm On Aug 10, 2018
Some people just talk without reasoning.
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by Chuksonyeike: 7:54pm On Aug 10, 2018
tesppidd:
But having said that,

Buhari is slow sha

That's one difference between him and OBJ

OBJ is mean and cold

A man like OBJ would have capitalized on this lacuna

Impeached Saraki with 25 members and damned the consequences

Another senate would be inaugurated by june before the court cases would be decided.
But OBJ in all his gragra could not impeach Naaba.That guy showed him hell
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by thinksense: 8:39pm On Aug 10, 2018
They guy is corrupt and he has corrupt others arround him
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by nopains: 11:15pm On Aug 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Half if that number is roughly 54

That number becomes the simple majority of the members of the house.

This is what Sagay is trying to say.

u have dragged this more than necessary. the constitution says simple majority can elect a senate president but 2/3 majority can remove the senate president. the clause " simple majority" means that it is simple to elect a SP with just 55 of 109 senators.then next clause " 2/3 majority" means it is more difficult to remove the SP because it takes the 73 of 109 senators to do that. the constitution intends to ensure a strong sense of stability to the office of SP. now going by your analysis, do u want to remove SP by a more ridiculous simpler clause of 2/3 majority of a simple majority? haba! how does that sounds to u?
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by brown116: 11:31pm On Aug 10, 2018
krendo:

Sorry dear this is not about PDP

It is about the law

If APC want to break the law and launch a coup against Saraki they should go ahead

The man will not resign
that guy is criminal afonja Muslim.
Re: APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! by haaryobhami: 12:02am On Aug 11, 2018
it seems the criteria for becoming a buhari is dat u must be dull nd uneducated.
a SP can be elected through simple majority but it will take an ABSOLUTE majority(72)to remove him.
ngene nd co should keep crying cause come 2019 saraki will still maintain his position
y'll think saraki dont av ally among apc senators must be really dull.
apc are just majority on paper��

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Releases Its Own Official Counter Statement On Result Collation / Polls: Enugu Govt Declares Friday, March 8 Public Holiday / #ENDSARS: Buhari Will Take Action In Few Hours – monguno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.