Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually (78500 Views)

How To Know What Works For You When Learning Programming / 13 Years Old Tanmay Bakshi World's Youngest IBM Watson Programmer In AI / [updated] Kpntunnel VPN Works For MTN Mpulse Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by olanshi: 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2018
I have met many of this young lads in France, Germany and Switzerland they are IT Guru believe me. Very young, smart and extremely brilliant, some of them works for the Military Intelligence Unit they can crackdown anything and they are well paid.. They didn’t learn all those things they do in school o, but they are very good!

I strongly believe that there are kids like that too in Nigeria but when light and basic amenities no dey how dey wan take be IT Guru?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by SaintChukz(m): 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2018
Seun:
How is he earning that much? I doubt this story.

You're not alone. I doubt that part of the story too. That kid ought to still be in school. By the way, shouldn't he also be paying taxes as an employee at that age. What exactly do the labour laws/regulations of that country specify in that regard?
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by bjtinz: 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by niggi4life(m): 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2018
Old news but still relevant..

Welcome to I.T world where your ideas is Fortune

1 Like

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by israelmao(m): 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2018
At this very tender age!
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by DrHighchief(m): 1:46pm On Aug 11, 2018
Merimental:
he is just lucky to be in an encouraging environs..we hav his type in naija but no enabling environs/sponsors..
like d girls that won award in America
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by spiritedtete: 1:46pm On Aug 11, 2018
DAntivirus:
To be honest, I feel sorry for this kid... cos his childhood has just been stolen...

I hope he doesn't end up like Michael Jackson... God bless him

You can say that again!

1 Like

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Switruth: 1:46pm On Aug 11, 2018
HungerBAD:
N450 Million?at 13?wow.

At 13, I was still selling cold water with cups( before satchet water started) in Oshodi.

We need to change this culture in Nigeria, of forcing children to be part of breadwinners in family,so that their potentials can fully be utilized.

At 13 my only dream was to have a bicycle,and some pocket money for Asaro(Porridge) in school. This N450 Million would have helped me a lot.
This really touched me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by InTime(m): 1:47pm On Aug 11, 2018
sparkle6:
Men! and am 17 and cant even get my inventory management system up and runing. Damn! this baby programmer just gave me the competition of a lifetime. Where is that stupid laptop? This thing is too much. No! i don vex.
NEPA will be like.. what is wrong with this one? Come code make i see u. lol.
Hahaha, Nepa Dey Craze Nw
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by KenModi(m): 1:47pm On Aug 11, 2018
Humchi:
First of all, let me say it is quite encouraging and motivational to many kids out there and here.

Taking or wanting this to happen in Africa we must change some of our mentality.

To be frank with you, alot of parents would scold their child who is taking a lot of time with a laptop than their schoolwork or even wouldn't want his/her child to have it.

Because there is this perception with africa parents that children learn alot of negative things with it and also waste their time.
They choose to criticize a child with a phone or laptop disregarding what the child is learning.

My point is we should allow the kids to explore also with making sure the kid isn't going a perverse way like fraud and all manner of illicit exploration.

According to the post, the kid start at the age of 5, many parents wouldn't let their kids have such privilege of having a laptop or a phone.

Another thing is environment

if you are in a place like nigeria, it is very slim to be like that kid.
At the age of 9, taking about ios, javascript, sql, injection, web development is more like talking garbage to an illiterate Nigeria parent. No support and no encouragement.

Also, availability of material, money and understanding people.

Another point is the perception of "you must go to school to make it big"

this is with Nigeria parents, they won't encourage you when you are having an idea of creating any internet stuff.
If this kid were to be a Nigerian, i can bet, the chance of being what he is today would be slim.

The thing is your environment and your culture.

If you want to be like this kid or someone great like bill gate or mark zuckerberg, in Nigeria here, you must go contrary to how people view things here.

Same parents who wld prevent their child(ren) from pursuing a career in entertainment or whatever they find interest in at a young age.

When u tell your parents you want to focus on music, comedy or sports, the way they violently reject your ideas and suggestions ennn!

We need a total overhaul of mentality in Nigeria; from old to young.

As much as we may want to blame Europeans and Americans for having a huge hand in our problems, Nigerians are a huge problem to themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by seangy4konji: 1:47pm On Aug 11, 2018
Age 23 self u still deh do jamb up and down.. No money shout from all street inthe neighborhood.

Things go just need extra extra effort before can be done in Africa.
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by gonkin(m): 1:48pm On Aug 11, 2018
Here In nigeria our teenagers are plotting to become yahoo boys.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by NnamdiN: 1:49pm On Aug 11, 2018
God na only 60m I need bikonu

1 Like

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by bluefilm: 1:51pm On Aug 11, 2018
The emphasis should be on the work he's doing and not on how much he is making.

But since this is Nigeria, I think I know why I can understand why the emphasis is on how much he's making rather than on the work he's doing.

Now for anyone who is interested in making that type of money, instead of wishing that your own will shine and Baba God will finally pick that your call, simply sit your ass down, bring out Thinking In Java by Bruce Eckel and get down to business.

It's a hard road but success lies at the end.

6 Likes

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by HolyBranches: 1:52pm On Aug 11, 2018
sparkle6:

True talk. Thats why we beat them to first class in their own varsity. If you have the resources then you only limited by your imagination. If you dont see electricity for 2 straight weeks how would your skills sharpen.
Nigeria is shit. We know but we can do better than excuses.
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by bejeria101(m): 1:52pm On Aug 11, 2018
Babyforever:
That's a huge amount of money......please someone help me with his contact.....His aunty wants to tell him something kiss

Aunty fire! Lol
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by ChiefAzubuike(f): 1:53pm On Aug 11, 2018
sparkle6:

True talk. Thats why we beat them to first class in their own varsity. If you have the resources then you only limited by your imagination. If you dont see electricity for 2 straight weeks how would your skills sharpen.
Beat them to first class? So out of a thousand first class in an american university, a single Nigerian out of about 100 Nigerians graduating also made first class. So you've beating them from your own perspective be that abi? Those people no be your mates for book o. If you go to Stanford, MIT , Harvard or those top schools , you will nearly die. Different nerds from all over the world you will meet there kid. Na to just maintain your lane respect yourself son.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by gaby(m): 1:54pm On Aug 11, 2018
HungerBAD:
N450 Million?at 13?wow.

At 13, I was still selling cold water with cups( before satchet water started) at Oshodi.

We need to change this culture in Nigeria, of forcing children to be part of breadwinners in families,so that their potentials can fully be utilized.

At 13 my only dream was to have a bicycle,and some pocket money for Asaro(Porridge) in school. This N450 Million would have helped me a lot.

You are very spot on bro.
Exactly what I talked about in my book "The irregular migrant : A story of perils, triumphs and karma"... link on my siggy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by EmekaBlue(m): 1:54pm On Aug 11, 2018
Brilliant kid i guess!
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by qanda: 1:55pm On Aug 11, 2018
Amazing talent!
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by AngelicBeing: 1:55pm On Aug 11, 2018
HungerBAD:
N450 Million?at 13?wow.

At 13, I was still selling cold water with cups( before satchet water started) at Oshodi.

We need to change this culture in Nigeria, of forcing children to be part of breadwinners in families,so that their potentials can fully be utilized.

shocked

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by SaintChukz(m): 1:56pm On Aug 11, 2018
fk001:

It is possible, they said annually

It's not in anyway possible. More experienced software programmers with more years in the US are likely earning around $135k - $180k per month. By this, I'm even talking of senior programmers with several years of lots of project experience.

If you do a breakdown, you find that this kid is earning around $100-$110k per month. What significant software projects has he undertaken at this age? The kid's brain is still developing at that age and if this happens to be true by any chance, are the labour laws actually in support of child labour in that country?
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 11, 2018
Our redundant society will never support young minds. How many of our brilliant young lads have ended in other countries? Let's call a spade a spade. The environment here mostly kill dreams and talents. That's why off our shores, we perform at our best.
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by ezewealth(m): 1:58pm On Aug 11, 2018
DAntivirus:
To be honest, I feel sorry for this kid... cos his childhood has just been stolen...

I hope he doesn't end up like Michael Jackson... God bless him
You way them no steal your childhood waytin u don achieve

3 Likes

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by meobizy(f): 1:58pm On Aug 11, 2018
vedaxcool:
grin Yet some nairalanders have vowed that they will become wealthy by collecting N30 per post from Corrupt PDP politicians, please have a rethink.
How do you people know these prices? I believe everyone who complains about this thing was a former pay-to-post candidate.
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by HungerBAD: 1:58pm On Aug 11, 2018
gaby:

You are very spot on bro.
Exactly what I talked about in my book "The irregular migrant : A story of perils, triumphs and karma"... link on my siggy.

Is the phone number there yours?your location says Amsterdam. I have followed the link and the book is N1200, would love to send you the money directly for a couple of the book.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by puretayo(m): 1:58pm On Aug 11, 2018
Don't drag pdp into this matter. Mr apc chieftain
vedaxcool:
grin Yet some nairalanders have vowed that they will become wealthy by collecting N30 per post from Corrupt PDP politicians, please have a rethink.

1 Like

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by chronique(m): 1:59pm On Aug 11, 2018
The only thing I want to ask is how someone can grow smaller again and start afresh cos this is intimidating to the marrow. My annual income come be like coins for where this guy dey and I been dey feel like say I dey try before. cry

Let me take solace in the storybook that I wrote at age 9 that never got published. Na only me and my playmates and my class teacher, read am. Will never forget that line "ture and turo, James is dead"... grin

3 Likes

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by DanseMacabre(m): 1:59pm On Aug 11, 2018
SaintChukz:

You're not alone. I doubt that part of the story too. That kid ought to still be in school. By the way, shouldn't he also be paying taxes as an employee at that age. What exactly does the labour laws/regulations specify in that country?

Ought to be in school, you say? did he learn any of these skills from school? Plus you heard him repeatedly say he is home-schooled, which to me is the best form of schooling.

Traditional orthodox schooling just cages one's mindset and narrows one's horizon.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by gaby(m): 1:59pm On Aug 11, 2018
HungerBAD:

Is the phone number there yours?your location says Amsterdam. I have followed the link and the book is N1200, would love to send you the money directly for a couple of the book.

Yes its mine, presently in the motherland.
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Humchi(m): 1:59pm On Aug 11, 2018
KenModi:

Same parents who wld prevent their child(ren) from pursuing a career in entertainment or whatever they find interest in at a young age.

When u tell your parents you want to focus on music, comedy or sports, the way they violently reject your ideas and suggestions ennn!

We need a total overhaul of mentality in Nigeria; from old to young.

As much as we may want to blame Europeans and Americans for having a huge hand in our problems, Nigerians are a huge problem to themselves.

that is it.

I think as time goes on, our mentality will evolve.

Alot of people has seen things clearly now. And next generation will exprience a little privilege.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary? / Why Waste 4 Years On Computer Science In University? / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.