Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? (15811 Views)

Dating A Nigerian Woman Is Like Taking Care Of Orphans - Breggle Acha Derrick / Brothel Addiction: Depressed And Thinking About Suicide / Have You Ever Felt Relieved After Ending A Friendship Or Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by PastorAji(m): 5:07pm On Aug 15, 2018
I passed through that valley few months ago

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by 21Bandit: 5:09pm On Aug 15, 2018
happy200:
yea, drank battery acid i vomited a lot of blood after that i had severe heart burn for 6 months. My gullet were all damaged after the treatment even now i don't wanna stay alife but the fear of what i passed through then can't let me try it again.
They other ways to do it
Yours was too brutal.....
Can help you out with an easy process

3 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by elizbeth111(f): 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2018
hmm suicide and depression? very very real,i lost my friend a couple of weeks ago,she committed suicide.. I'm still in shock and in pain..she was intelligent, from a rich home, she had a wonderful job and the best guy..i still can't fathom what and why she killed herself.

she locked herself up and ended her own life by cutting her wrist and bled out.. please if you are in pain or passing through any problem,please speak out,i beg you

4 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by TheLoser: 5:26pm On Aug 15, 2018
21Bandit:

They other ways to do it
Yours was too brutal.....
Can help you out with an easy process
How

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by HardMirror(m): 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2018
PastorAji:
I passed through that valley few months ago
glad you are out
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by HardMirror(m): 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2018
TheLoser:

How
sure there are. But lets not use this thread to discourse that pls
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by elizbeth111(f): 5:32pm On Aug 15, 2018
i won't call mine depression because i've not thought of sucide yet..but i pray i pass through this phase and come out victorious.. i pray someone somewhere will come to my aid

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by HardMirror(m): 5:40pm On Aug 15, 2018
elizbeth111:
i won't call mine depression because i've not thought of sucide yet..but i pray i pass through this phase and come out victorious.. i pray someone somewhere will come to my aid
hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Dasherz(f): 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2018
I've tried and failed thrice now dad opens the door to my room first thing in the morning everyday to check up on me

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by iceybux(m): 6:04pm On Aug 15, 2018
jessca048:
yesterday night I slept before sleeping I prayed I should never wakeup again to face this world

someway or the other we av somewht been through shii.. I was hated life too.. but dearie pls dont do tjis again.. u can talk things over with me if u want.. if u on any social media just lemme know so we can talk.. theres still a purpose for u

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by iceybux(m): 6:07pm On Aug 15, 2018
theworldbest:
Always had dat suicidal thoughts...my daughter is wat is still keeping me

pls stay strong... life can be messer but dont give in.. write me .. slimsaint_ak@yahoo.com..
thanks
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Lily4star(f): 7:24pm On Aug 15, 2018
Ridhw0n:
Alright brothers I've read from page 1 to 3 and I've got something to say too

I'm really happy for those that have passed through this stage and survive and for those of us still in this phase of life i pray God be our guidance.

In a nutshell i would like to share my story too.

Firstly I'm an IT student here in Lagos for the period of six months.

It all started July 2018 exactly the day of Portugal vs Uruguay. My mummy sent me 100k to buy a laptop for my younger bro here in Lagos. It happened that i was so broke then that i can't even afford a plate of food. People around me were busy making money out of football by punting (betting). I quickly made a rash decision i could make some money too since i'm good at prediction and i could even do better by staking high on a relatively low odds. In no time i picked my phone log on to the internet and registered on bet9ja. I credited my bet9ja account with the money Mumc sent me and played some games. As devil would have it, i won all games making me more than 100k richer. I got so excited that i kept on punting throughout the whole week without losing a single game. By this time i had made more than 400k.

I decided to make a withdrawal of 190k so i could keep my bro 100k and have the 90k for myself. Within 24hrs the withdrawal was approved i got the money. By this time i had 250k left in my bet9ja account, so i was thinking of how to make it 500k and cease punting. I didn't know the devil was about to reason my matter. I used same strategy as before but the money continue deprecating as i continue to lose terribly. Within 4days i lost the whole 250k but i didn't give up as i deposited 70k from the withdrawal i made before. I lost the whole 70k within few days also yet i still believe i can make it by depositing the remaining 100k. Now back to square one with a burning desire and confidence to win but as devil wants it i lost it all. By this time i was -100k which means i was owing a debt of 100k.

I started making calls to friends and family to borrow money with different lies yet i was still losing it to this devil. I helped my sister changed her Gtb account transfer password so i know it off-hand. With the spirit that i can still make it, i transferred the sum of 120k from her account yet i lost it all same for Grandma's 50k.

By this time I've already learnt my mistake and realised the devil was using me but i need to get back all this money that ain't mine. This, was the only reason i continued to engaged in punting and when i lose i feel so depressed and suicidal.

Just last week i won about 140k which gave me hope that things are getting back to normal but my debt was 350k so i needed to punt more so i could win more and pay off all debts and say bye bye to devil. But in less than a day i lost it all and back to square one.

By this time i had no means of getting money and friends are calling me already for there money. I've to block most numbers and most times switched off my phone to avoid calls or messages. Now i look so wretched and sick from drepession because till now grandma and my sister are not aware that i had transferred all there savings and by October is my sister's freedom from her place of work. So as days goes by so does the intense of my depression and suicidal thoughts.

Yesterday Mumc sent me 45k, 20k for the balance of the laptop and 25k for Grandma to celebrate sallah. I thought i could use the money to punt and win some amount of money so i could buy the laptop but yet again i lost it all.

Right now suicide is the only option i have left as i think I'm possessed or been cursed.

I've the desire to quit but what about the money i'm owing which is about 400k. I've lost everything and now i realised albeit I'm a first class student in academics I'm nothing but a loser in real life.

In the end if I'm lucky to survive this I'll notify this group, if not know i had taken a bold decision. And i hope somebody learnt one or two things from my post. Please be contented with whatever you've and don't be greedy.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for sharing. The Lord is your strength. Please quit as it is now and don't ever get tempted back

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 15, 2018
I'm just a teen, 17. But i've been depressed since i lost my dad the year 2009. So many things has contributed to my depression which i will list below.

1. Mom treats me like second class. My elder brother always gets that first class treatment. I get all the blames, i'm always misunderstood and insulted. She claims i'm the source of her troubles. But whenever my brother's gone to school, she begins to show love.

2. My brother bullies me almost everyday through physical abuse(he's muscular) and verbal abuse. He uses me as a punching bag and he claims there's a demon in me.

3. Family debts. Mum is planning to take a loan to pay my brother's school fees, we haven't even paid last year's rent. Right now, i don't know if i'll go to school if my admission clicks.

4. I have no friends.

I have resolved several times to take my life but i just can't. What painless method can i use? i'm sick and tired of this world. I'm super lonely and i have no life in me.

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 15, 2018
Thanks ma'am
I'm putting in some effort
Lily4star:

Thanks for sharing. The Lord is your strength. Please quit as it is now and don't ever get tempted back
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by HardMirror(m): 8:58pm On Aug 15, 2018
Lalasticlala Seun i think this thread needs more exposure

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by HardMirror(m): 9:06pm On Aug 15, 2018
IamTeen:
I'm just a teen, 17. But i've been depressed since i lost my dad the year 2009. So many things has contributed to my depression which i will list below.

1. Mom treats me like second class. My elder brother always gets that first class treatment. I get all the blames, i'm always misunderstood and insulted. She claims i'm the source of her troubles. But whenever my brother's gone to school, she begins to show love.

2. My brother bullies me almost everyday through physical abuse(he's muscular) and verbal abuse. He uses me as a punching bag and he claims there's a demon in me.

3. Family debts. Mum is planning to take a loan to pay my brother's school fees, we haven't even paid last year's rent. Right now, i don't know if i'll go to school if my admission clicks.

4. I have no friends.

I have resolved several times to take my life but i just can't. What painless method can i use? i'm sick and tired of this world. I'm super lonely and i have no life in me.

Hello, this is what happens when you have not discovered yourself.

You are too hinged to your family and you think you are too young to step out.

Get a job. Step out!

Hinge yourself to those who would inspire you. I know guys who are your age and are into graphics design, video editing, music production etc. They inspire each other. Go to ijesha along apapa way and see guys hustling. Go to computer village and learn how to repair phones, laptops etc. You can sponsor yourself to school. You can build your life. Dont just stay under that roof everyday and expect to be inspired. Your life is worth as much as you value it

6 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by HardMirror(m): 9:37pm On Aug 15, 2018
Ridhw0n:
Thanks ma'am
I'm putting in some effort
you have messed up. I have lost nothing less than 5 million to betting now but i wont bother telling my story. But just move on. Admit your fault already and stop trying to recover

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by labake1(f): 10:10pm On Aug 15, 2018
HardMirror:
Most times when we talk about suicide or discuss people who committed suicide, we often blame them or label them cowards. It is also popular to hear people say those who commit suicide would end up in hell as punishment.

Let us not be quick to judge those who commit suicide.

Depression is real and it can be very overwhelming.
Truth is it hurts when a loved one takes his/her life but we should not be quick to use that single act to judge such people.

I have suffered depressing at several points of my life and i understand how it can be. It only ends in suicide when:

1. You keep to yourself: share the problem with friends.
2. Have close friends and family members that you can share your burdens with.
3. Look at the big picture. Your problem most times is not as bad as you think. Ask yourself 'What is the worst thing that would happen?'
Then ask yourself aint there people in worse situations?
4. Laugh at yourself and call yourself stvpid. yeah we all very stvpid. You broke? Damn! Laugh at yourself. Your bf/gf just broke up with you? Laugh! In serious debt? Laugh!
5. Consult with others on the problem, get different perspectives even if you dont let them know you are the one in the situation

Have you ever had suicidal thoughts? Share with us here

Yes my first heart break made me think of suicide. I drank sniper but nothing happened then I believed that I am on earth to do something great

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 15, 2018
Thanks brother
I've learn and would try to move on. I'll try to involve my parents even though it'd be toughest decision i ever made.
HardMirror:
you have messed up. I have lost nothing less than 5 million to betting now but i wont bother telling my story. But just move on. Admit your fault already and stop trying to recover

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by HardMirror(m): 10:15pm On Aug 15, 2018
labake1:

Yes my first heart break made me think of suicide. I drank sniper but nothing happened then I believed that I am on earth to do something great
not worth it. If anyone breaksup with you it is a victory for you. Only shows it was not meant to work. So you move on.
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by labake1(f): 10:22pm On Aug 15, 2018
HardMirror:
not worth it. If anyone breaksup with you it is a victory for you. Only shows it was not meant to work. So you move on.

I can't cope with heart break. I over love and that is my problem

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Agp19(m): 10:29pm On Aug 15, 2018
hmmmmm!!! Am presently passing through shit ryt now that the only option that keep poping in my head is what am i doing in this world..my own story is ranging from academics to health, family, finance and a whole lot that i cannot share as if am the only one carrying the whole problems in the world...but something is still keeping me "hope of a better tomorrow" and a "Dream"

3 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by HardMirror(m): 10:48pm On Aug 15, 2018
Ridhw0n:
Thanks brother
I've learn and would try to move on. I'll try to involve my parents even though it'd be toughest decision i ever made.
great people always make mistakes in life. Only average people live uneventful, unadventurous lives. Most big thinkers are big risk takers. You succeed -good. You fail -you are finished. That is life. Billionaires you see today did not get there by playing by the rules. If they had failed with the risks they took many of them would have totally ruined their lives. Balance is key! You have a great mind. Risk only what is yours and you can afford to lose, dont stop taking risks, only take calculated risks

3 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by HardMirror(m): 10:55pm On Aug 15, 2018
labake1:

I can't cope with heart break. I over love and that is my problem
always remember they are humans not angels

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 15, 2018
In summary don't be a greedy risk taker.
By and large, what comes easy don't last likewise what last don't comes easy.
I've learnt the toughest way, failed people that trust me so much and those that are looking up to me. But i pray i successfully get back on my feet and move on with life.
HardMirror:
great people always make mistakes in life. Only average people live uneventful, unadventurous lives. Most big thinkers are big risk takers. You succeed -good. You fail -you are finished. That is life. Billionaires you see today did not get there by playing by the rules. If they had failed with the risks they took many of them would have totally ruined their lives. Balance is key! You have a great mind. Risk only what is yours and you can afford to lose, dont stop taking risks, only take calculated risks
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Diamond23(f): 12:07am On Aug 16, 2018
fcnaxo:
seek Help
Found solace here tongue
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by nanakgh(m): 12:11am On Aug 16, 2018
Bluezy13:
Yea...

The very day I had an F-grade in the university.
Since I never did carry out the act, nothing else has and would ever make me feel that depressed again.

You would understand if you knew how brilliant I was academically in high school and then expectations that followed suit from the school, friends, family, Myself, the society at large.

The memory makes me realize how stupid I was when the society does not even give a fvck about my existence let alone wellbeing.

damn. Thank you.
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Nobody: 1:14am On Aug 16, 2018
jessca048:
yesterday night I slept before sleeping I prayed I should never wakeup again to face this world
oh babe why na, u can talk to me, oya come to daddy come on come on.
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by kentebemoney: 8:01am On Aug 16, 2018
theworldbest:

Thanks guys...una do well
Sweerie u no see me for here? sad
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Goodlyhrt(m): 8:15am On Aug 16, 2018
TheLoser:
What will be will be What if there is nothing keeping you Nobody to live for no Parents no Wives no Lover, no friends, no Child nothing

You have you and some cvnts to prove wrong

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by paschal47(m): 8:38am On Aug 16, 2018
Dasherz:
I've tried and failed thrice now dad opens the door to my room first thing in the morning everyday to check up on me

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Sister we have to keep our eyes on you

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by HardMirror(m): 8:46am On Aug 16, 2018
Image123:

Suicide is like the atheist normal plan B. Don't commit suicide please.
as you can see from comments here over 80% believe in god and most likely christians. You can see their prayers and stuff cant you? Stop being silly

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ghanaian Actress Goes Raw In New Photos (photos) / Why Do Girls Like To Be Held While Sleeping. / How To Quit A Relationship With Ease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.