Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,981 members, 7,803,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! (13009 Views)

How Much Did You Save Before Quitting Your Salary Job For Your Own Business? / How Much Money Should I Save Before Quitting My Job? / Avoid These Phrases When You Are Quitting Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by Dilianne(f): 5:48pm On Aug 10, 2018
Many people dislike their current jobs and would do anything to quit, but their jobs gets the bills paid and keeps them afloat the poverty that tends to drag them into its misfortune.
Before you take the giant leap, here are some things you should do, or consider doing.

1. Stop thinking about what could go wrong
If you focus your attention on the negatives, you will inevitably attract them to your life, focus more on the positive side and think of all the great thing that await you as you take this giant step in your life.

2. Discover your passion
If you have not yet found something you are passionate about, this is an opportunity to look within; this would help you to determine the next direction you would go or the next step to take after quitting your job. If you don’t know quite yet what you’re obsessed about, just think of any activity you love or loved doing, then you can try it out, with time you’ll discover if you’re passionate about it.

3. Visualize what your future looks like
There is a great power in visualization, because, without seeing it with your mind’s eye, you would not be able to achieve it.

4. Find out what skills you need to acquire to become that person
When you know what you want to do next, it becomes easy to find out the skills you need to acquire, some you can acquire from your present job, others you have to learn. If it means paying for weekend classes now that you have a job, do it and you would get massive return on self investments.

5. Read books related to your passion
Reading books would propel you and set you on fire to achieve your vision. Like Warren Buffet said ‘The best investment a man can make is in his own self’. Read books related to your chosen field, and read consistently. Readers are truly Leaders.

6. Start living as though you no longer have a source of income
This would propel your creative mind and cause you to think outside the box.

7. Beware of opinions
Andrew Carnegie said ‘opinions are free, so beware of whose opinions you take’. Only talk to credible advisors, and not people that do not believe in you or have no idea what your life’s work is all about.

8. Take the bold step: Joyfully
Write down the date you intend to resign, if possible, type your letter beforehand, this would help you to avoid procrastination.

9. Leave a legacy behind
Now that you know you’ll soon be leaving, it is time to put in your best effort at work and aim to leave a great legacy behind.

To achieve this maximally, you can check out Olakunle Soriyan’s ‘Top life Top work’ series. This is guaranteed to change your work life.

You can also read on Mr. Rere Obaisi who quit his banking job to pursue the dream of owning the biggest Renewable energy company in Africa by clicking the link below!

https://dilianne.com/2018/05/a-rare-entrepreneur-redifining-success-rere-obaisi/

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by Yinxies(f): 7:02pm On Aug 10, 2018
Am I really FTC

2 Likes

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by KUSHKAMP: 7:02pm On Aug 10, 2018
2ND TO C0MMENT. I AM GETTING THERE. tongue 2ND TO C0MMENT. I AM GETTING THERE.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 10, 2018
Well... its not rosy out here, if you have not thought it through, kindly hold on to your daily bread no matter how little it is.

Its a dog eat dog world out here.. no salary date, no sitting pretty.

4 Likes

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by YenYo: 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2018
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by shogz89: 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2018
Think about hunger..

3 Likes

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2018
6, 7, 8, 9......
I had a fairly OK government job but wasnt maxing my potential. If you understand what it means to work in a Nigerian hospital with all the knowledge and smartness you possess yet don't have the basic equipment to help sick patients, you would relate. It really could be frustrating, monotonous and uninspiring.
7: When I took the decision, it felt like the maddest thing to do. Everyone discouraged me cos this is a job lotsa people are looking for.
8: Right on the money. I put pen to paper and notified management. No going back. I cannor coman underutilize my potential and be demoralized.
9: Yo baby, the "the we'll miss you brigade" came out in full force, telling me how the hospital would never be the same without me, yen yen yen. Abegi, make una park well. sad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by Yameater(m): 7:06pm On Aug 10, 2018
I’d be back

2 Likes

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by exporters101: 7:11pm On Aug 10, 2018
I like educative contents like this

1 Like

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by SenorFax(m): 7:13pm On Aug 10, 2018
That beard though

2 Likes

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by Seconsol92(m): 7:14pm On Aug 10, 2018
Nice tips

1 Like

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by Justbeingreal(m): 7:15pm On Aug 10, 2018
undecided

Some jobs are just crazy, its no different been jobless.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by Doerstech(m): 7:16pm On Aug 10, 2018
Good tips...

3 Likes

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by antigaybiafra95: 7:17pm On Aug 10, 2018
It will be difficult to quit your job especially if you are the bread winner of your family.
Quitting means you have made enough from the job or you have gotten a reliable sponsor and you are ready to chase that dream.
If you don't have the resources and logistics to chase your dreams please don't quit your job.

1 Like

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by TissuePaper: 7:17pm On Aug 10, 2018
SenorFax:
That beard though

i tell you.. It caught my eye too

2 Likes

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 10, 2018
Yameater:
I’d be back
Venez ici mademoiselle!
Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by olafunny(m): 7:23pm On Aug 10, 2018
How can i quit a job i don't even have?

3 Likes

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by Buffalo2(m): 7:23pm On Aug 10, 2018
B4, you quit, inform someone looking for job
Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by qanda: 7:28pm On Aug 10, 2018
Ok
Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by Tboymessiah(m): 7:40pm On Aug 10, 2018
How can i quit a job i don't even have?

God will provide for you this month

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by webtutorr: 7:44pm On Aug 10, 2018
Nice one.
Before you quit, its much easier if your are single.
if you are married and wants to quit, save first.
So that while you are trying to fix yourself with some other areas of
endeavour that matters to you, your family can atleast see food chop.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by HenryThegreat1(m): 7:45pm On Aug 10, 2018
Buffalo2:
B4, you quit, inform someone looking for job
God spare us my position will be vacant by 26 January 2019, get ready.

1 Like

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by hybraheeem002(m): 8:08pm On Aug 10, 2018
Is it advisable to quit a job for a professional course or further education if your boss doesn't allow you to continue to work with the company

1 Like

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by OShepherd: 9:42pm On Aug 10, 2018
Dilianne:
Many people dislike their current jobs and would do anything to quit, but their jobs gets the bills paid and keeps them afloat the poverty that tends to drag them into its misfortune.
Before you take the giant leap, here are some things you should do, or consider doing.

1. Stop thinking about what could go wrong
If you focus your attention on the negatives, you will inevitably attract them to your life, focus more on the positive side and think of all the great thing that await you as you take this giant step in your life.

2. Discover your passion
If you have not yet found something you are passionate about, this is an opportunity to look within; this would help you to determine the next direction you would go or the next step to take after quitting your job. If you don’t know quite yet what you’re obsessed about, just think of any activity you love or loved doing, then you can try it out, with time you’ll discover if you’re passionate about it.

3. Visualize what your future looks like
There is a great power in visualization, because, without seeing it with your mind’s eye, you would not be able to achieve it.

4. Find out what skills you need to acquire to become that person
When you know what you want to do next, it becomes easy to find out the skills you need to acquire, some you can acquire from your present job, others you have to learn. If it means paying for weekend classes now that you have a job, do it and you would get massive return on self investments.

5. Read books related to your passion
Reading books would propel you and set you on fire to achieve your vision. Like Warren Buffet said ‘The best investment a man can make is in his own self’. Read books related to your chosen field, and read consistently. Readers are truly Leaders.

6. Start living as though you no longer have a source of income
This would propel your creative mind and cause you to think outside the box.

7. Beware of opinions
Andrew Carnegie said ‘opinions are free, so beware of whose opinions you take’. Only talk to credible advisors, and not people that do not believe in you or have no idea what your life’s work is all about.

8. Take the bold step: Joyfully
Write down the date you intend to resign, if possible, type your letter beforehand, this would help you to avoid procrastination.

9. Leave a legacy behind
Now that you know you’ll soon be leaving, it is time to put in your best effort at work and aim to leave a great legacy behind.

To achieve this maximally, you can check out Olakunle Soriyan’s ‘Top life Top work’ series. This is guaranteed to change your work life.

You can also read on Mr. Rere Obaisi who quit his banking job to pursue the dream of owning the biggest Renewable energy company in Africa by clicking the link below!

https://dilianne.com/2018/05/a-rare-entrepreneur-redifining-success-rere-obaisi/
Easier said than done. Who dey use mouth drive no dey jam now. Abeg don't quit ur job without reading & understanding "before you quit your job" - R. Kiyosaki especially for this Naija system b4 Religious leaders say na evil spirit dey follow U
Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by lonelydora: 10:34pm On Aug 10, 2018
Salary is the bribe you are paid to forget your ambition.

Those ruling the world don't earn salary.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 10, 2018
Op you deserve a bottle of chilled palm wine for this post.
Absolutely beneficial advice. smiley

2 Likes

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by Dilianne(f): 11:19pm On Aug 10, 2018
NoDulling4here:
Op you deserve a bottle of chilled palm wine for this post.
Absolutely beneficial advice. smiley

Thank you very much. You can visit www.dilianne.com and get a lot of them!
Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by kams19(m): 1:19am On Aug 11, 2018
its not easy to quit. but only the brave succeed. I quit mine last month, it was a govt job. people said I am foolish but I know I'll get to where my passion is leading me. time shall tell

3 Likes

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by Xtianart(f): 4:36am On Aug 11, 2018
I quit my job recently. About 3 Weeks ago. I used to close from the work by 5pm, and go to church 3 times a week after closing. Most times, I would go home with workloads as well. Sometimes, I would go on Saturdays too.

Pls, where's the time to plan towards quiting. The 2 months salary couldn't pay for my house rent and the salary was majorly spent on food, I could barely save from it. Now, I work freelance. Writing and graphics design.

If I don't earn in a day at all, I earn 2k, there are other days that I have earned 4k and 5k. I get to choose when I want to work or not.

Compared to 30k salary job that didn't allow me focus on freelancing. I have started working on my business plan, that I have developed about 6 months ago, after spending several nights on it. There was no time to go out to do some necessary research. No time to even plan for my PLAN B.

Quitting your job without plan B is not advisable. However, if you are looking for the right time to quit, first of all, it will never come. Second of all, it will never come.

As long as you have something coming monthly, you won't be motivated and pushed to do something. You might end up spending years in that job.

You will keep hearing "appreciate what you have" "a bird in hand is better than a thousand birds in the forest" "look before you leap". They are all good advice but I just got tired of hearing them abeggi.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! by Ademat7(m): 9:38am On Aug 11, 2018
Xtianart:
I quit my job recently. About 3 Weeks ago. I used to close from the work by 5pm, and go to church 3 times a week after closing. Most times, I would go home with workloads as well. Sometimes, I would go on Saturdays too.

Pls, where's the time to plan towards quiting. The 2 months salary couldn't pay for my house rent and the salary was majorly spent on food, I could barely save from it. Now, I work freelance. Writing and graphics design.

If I don't earn in a day at all, I earn 2k, there are other days that I have earned 4k and 5k. I get to choose when I want to work or not.

Compared to 30k salary job that didn't allow me focus on freelancing. I have started working on my business plan, that I have developed about 6 months ago, after spending several nights on it. There was no time to go out to do some necessary research. No time to even plan for my PLAN B.

Quitting your job without plan B is not advisable. However, if you are looking for the right time to quit, first of all, it will never come. Second of all, it will never come.

As long as you have something coming monthly, you won't be motivated and pushed to do something. You might end up spending years in that job.

You will keep hearing "appreciate what you have" "a bird in hand is better than a thousand birds in the forest" "look before you leap". They are all good advice but I just got tired of hearing them abeggi.
Thumbs up

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA / Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? / Get Good Real Estate Income: Training & Employment Opportunity [Residual Income]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.