Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Men Who Are Sweet - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Who Are Sweet (3470 Views)

Poll: How do you guard your heart?

If I trust someone, I will let them in, I think they deserve to know how I'm feeling.: 41% (15 votes)
If I trust someone, I will let them know how I feel but never let them sway me, I rarely like to show my emotions.: 41% (15 votes)
If I trust someone, I will make it very difficult for them to get in. I don't like to show my emotions.: 5% (2 votes)
I let nobody in.: 11% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Lagos Girls Are Sweet! / TEN Types Of Men Who Will Cheat On You No Matter What [must Read For Ladies] / Stolen Waters Are Sweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Who Are Sweet by topup: 1:34pm On Jun 22, 2010
Onchedu:

The elusive man. That's who U've described. Looks good and very desirable but trust me the end with him is usually sadness to U. Firm in decision and in control of his emotions means whatever he does for U, he does cos he wants to and not ever because U "made him do it;" and what he doesn't do he doesn't do because he has chosen to not do it and there really isnt a thing U can do about it. Which woman is there alive that doesnt enjoy the secret pleasure of knowing she can make her man do things she wants him too?

Do U know what happens to a woman that feels she's helpless in influencing her man's decisions? Do U realize that she spends the rest of her life and energy trying to "break him" even if being unbroken has never been a bad thing in the long run for them?

Women want a strong firm man but trust me the one's that find the few string firm men in the core sense of it hardly ever get validation of worth from him.

Men are not strong. We are weak somewhere even when we look strong and we need wives that understand just were and can help us stand there better than we would on our own.

Maybe I misunderstood your post. A decisive man that has an internal council of "elders" and has his emotions under control with out being in consistent touch with God and living in His perfect love is the most dangerous man anyone can come across. Very attractive but dangerous cos U can't say U have him and there's just no telling what he'l decide to do next.

I have not described the elusive man, you have. I do not want a man to do what I want him to like you've explained, unfortunately I am not one of those ladies, the only reason I can think why someone would want that is if the guy and the lady are not on par, and he is often doing things she doesn't like. But if they are heading towards the same goal, who cares if he applies for a job first or takes some certain decisions by instinct.

"Women want a strong firm man but trust me the one's that find the few string firm men in the core sense of it hardly ever get validation of worth from him."

I agree with this, and that is why I want a strong man, who can handle his emotions but hasn't barracaded them i.e. his heart is soft. I believe this should be a human quality. I think if a man has strong emotions but definitely has a passion and shares a little sensitivity when it comes to certain issues, many problems can be evaded. Afterall you can't teach a jerk why it's important not to demoralize beggars on the street, or why it's important to be polite to those who work under you.

"Maybe I misunderstood your post. A decisive man that has an internal council of "elders" and has his emotions under control with out being in consistent touch with God and living in His perfect love is the most dangerous man anyone can come across. Very attractive but dangerous cos U can't say U have him and there's just no telling what he'l decide to do next."

Then that would be my fault. Yes you have misunderstood, but that's not a problem, I don't mind re-explaining. The combination of all these factors are CRUCIAL. The average person here, seems to have a simplistic view of things - that's my opinion.

As soon as you say SOFT HEARTED they don't think of a kind and emotionally deep man, and if they do, they are unused to this idea. It is this stereotype of Nigerian and African or even just BLACK men, that many women say that they wouldn't mind dating a white man - white men seem to have eliminated this taboo to feel. Yes, you get a lot of softies, but you get some black guys who are softies too - who pretend not to be. The important bit is to be free with yourself, free enough to allow yourself to be vulnerable at times.

People are not silly, we can tell if someone is trying to hide something, and how painful would it be if my guy had to leave the house, slam the door everytime his emotions got overbearing. So imagine an extreme scenario, you're arguing about a really emotional subject - maybe you've been having trouble having a baby together, and you start to shout and get upset, you can't help it and your eyes moisten, he shouts back, and his emotions become overwhelming at seeing you upset and in such a state, so he results to the little boy, he starts shouting obscenities or insults, or the other option is to shout about getting angry, and then when most people would break emotionally, he instead is so preoccupied with hiding his emotions, that he can't wait to get out of the room, so he makes an excuse to leave, and he slams the door (there are two main extreme reactions, you either get really sad and upset, or you get really really mad) he looks angry, and possibly at you, he slams the door and leaves.

You're left there on the living room floor, cuddling yourself, and protecting yourself, and you manage to calm down after crying everything out, he's gone. And when you stop crying you start to recuperate - ALONE, and then maybe a few hours back he returns home, and maybe a few apologies and words will be exchanged but the process of knowing and learning each other's truest feelings is missed.

----

Also, I definitely prefer a man who is consistent with God.

-------

Now, the guy doesn't have to be a cry-baby. So please can people stop putting down this 'guy', a man who has tears, and sometimes comes to breaking point IS NOT A CRY-BABY. There are signs for cry babies; immaturity, pettiness, foul spirited, or emotionally dependent on you; now what girl in the right mind wants to date a man who behaves like an 8 year old boy
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by baussy(f): 1:35pm On Jun 22, 2010
My guy is a sweetheart, tough when he needs be, gentle & soft when the situation calls for it, smiley. I've also seen him shed a tear or two a couple of times,& u knw what? It touched me deep down cos then i realised he was just as human as can be, @ least i knw he feels pain like i do & hurts like everybody else. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Creamish(f): 2:50pm On Jun 22, 2010
Minez rily tough . . hides emotions (but im making him soften up a lil) . . too much Macho sumtimes undecided
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Faher(m): 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2010
segzi cres:

when ladies say a guy is sweet then just know that he's a dummy.

Haha, very true cheesy
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by james1(m): 4:15pm On Jun 22, 2010
@faher.I agree with you.
99.99% of women like dummies.
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by IyaBasira: 4:30pm On Jun 22, 2010
Sweet is nice in a person's character but is often masked because it screams vulnerablility.

The sweetest ones are sometimes those who look the hardest on the outside. However I think that for most people, after having met someone they like,  try to make it easier for the other person to get to know them and not do things on purpose just to push them away. I heard some people do that though but it doesnt make sense to me anyway.

segzi cres:

when ladies say a guy is sweet then just know that he's a dummy.

That isn't true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Faher(m): 4:39pm On Jun 22, 2010
IyaBasira:

That isn't true.

Lmao, you almost convinced me. cheesy
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by IyaBasira: 7:51pm On Jun 22, 2010
Faher:

Lmao, you almost convinced me.  cheesy

How did I 'almost' convince you?
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Faher(m): 8:27pm On Jun 22, 2010
^^^ It means I don't believe you wink
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by chika98: 8:33pm On Jun 22, 2010
A man who is truly in love is a softie towards the object of affection.
It is just the way it is. All that machoness is just for show

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Who Are Sweet by IyaBasira: 10:14pm On Jun 22, 2010
Faher:

^^^ It means I don't believe you wink

*** Oh My God . . . I must have run out of that potion that the babalawo gave me so that no-one disbelieves whatever comes out of my mouth . . . I am DOOMED!***

(Back to reality)

But why? Why dont you believe me? cry cry
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Faher(m): 10:32pm On Jun 22, 2010
^^^ Okay, I've done a lot of arguing on this thread but I'll give you a straight honest answer

Most guys will attest to the fact that the tougher guys have it better with the ladies
The soft ones that get ladies are sometimes allowed to do so because they can be used as mugus

Any guy who has been in this situation will naturally learn his lesson and toughen up
But unlike what some ladies have said here; it's not a facade, neither does it mean that we just try to act tough.
What happens is that you become naturally tough over time because of your experiences.

Btw, a tough guy in this case is not a necessarily the tough-looking type.
It's simply a guy who has good control over his emotions and can be in control of his relationship.

I should also add; We feel emotions (pain, fear, etc) but control is necessary in most cases.
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by follypimpi(m): 11:11pm On Jun 22, 2010
We men are human afterall.
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by iice(f): 1:18am On Jun 23, 2010
Faher:

Any guy who has been in this situation will naturally learn his lesson and toughen up
But unlike what some ladies have said here; it's not a facade, neither does it mean that we just try to act tough.
What happens is that you become naturally tough over time because of your experiences.

It's simply a guy who has good control over his emotions and can be in control of his relationship.

I should also add; We feel emotions (pain, fear, etc) but control is necessary in most cases.

Thank you jare. grin
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by topup: 2:48am On Jun 23, 2010
Faher:

^^^ Okay, I've done a lot of arguing on this thread but I'll give you a straight honest answer

Most guys will attest to the fact that the tougher guys have it better with the ladies
The soft ones that get ladies are sometimes allowed to do so because they can be used as mugus

Lol, no guy friend of yours is going to admit that he shed a tear or two to his girlfriend LOL, so you probably won't have accurate facts.

And control over your emotions is a basic necessity for any human to survive really. I don't see what the big deal about it being a manly quality, children who can't control their emotions get bullied, same for adults - male or female.

iice:

I'm kinda like you when it comes to the independence and being opinionated.  But i don't attract the emotionally constipated ones (I wouldn't mind grin).  I get the emotional wrecks. 

Why do you think that is?
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by topup: 2:48am On Jun 23, 2010
follypimpi:

We men are human afterall.

Exactly!!
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Faher(m): 2:55am On Jun 23, 2010
topup:

Lol, no guy friend of yours is going to admit that he shed a tear or two to his girlfriend LOL, so you probably won't have accurate facts.

And control over your emotions is a basic necessity for any human to survive really. I don't see what the big deal about it being a manly quality, children who can't control their emotions get bullied, same for adults - male or female.

I think you're missing the whole point.

For example, I was at a close relative's funeral recently and all my relatives around me were female and they were all crying. In that situation, they needed a man who can control his emotions and be a shoulder for them to cry on.
Not a dude that'll cry with them grin.

Like I said, we feel the same emotions, but we control most of the ones you don't control.
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by iice(f): 3:35am On Jun 23, 2010
topup:

Why do you think that is?

The best i can come up with is. . .i have this thing that inspires protective instincts undecided That, and the challenge of changing a tiger into a leopard grin
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by topup: 3:43am On Jun 23, 2010
iice:

The best i can come up with is. . .i have this thing that inspires protective instincts undecided That, and the challenge of changing a tiger into a leopard grin

Hmmmm interesting tongue

(The tiger/leopard being yourself).
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by GL(f): 3:54am On Jun 23, 2010
i like guys who can express AND CONTROL their emotions, guys who are tough when they have to be, but are sweet and sensitive towards me.

iice:

I'm kinda like you when it comes to the independence and being opinionated.  But i don't attract the emotionally constipated ones (I wouldn't mind grin).  I get the emotional wrecks. 

vivaladiva:

i tend to attract guys who r seriously emotionally constipated and i think my personality doesnt help much
they mis interprete my independence and being opinionated as a high propensity to want to dominate a man if given the chance, the fact that i have dated mostly nigerian men doesnt help much

i've had experiences with both extremes, probably due to my personality also. i'm generally soft and agreeable, however, i'm not big on expressing emotions; it's hard to even cry in the presence of other people (i hardly ever cry anyway). i'm independent and can be quite opinionated.  the emotional wrecks are really annoying, as i feel irritated and uncomfortable when they get too gushy and touchy-feely. the other ones usually can't understand how one can be soft and firm at the same time. and since i'm agreeable most of the time and tough only when the need arises, they believe my toughness is either a result of bad influence or a front i put up when i'm most vulnerable. either way they become authoritative and insistent, then i feel like they're trying to break my resolve and i lose interest.
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by iice(f): 5:15am On Jun 23, 2010
topup:

Hmmmm interesting tongue

(The tiger/leopard being yourself).

Yes. . .stripes can't turn into spots cheesy

@GL well said
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Nobody: 5:44am On Jun 23, 2010
Faher:

you misunderstand the type of men that are out there. i am not afraid of being hurt (unlike you) so i've always gave myself 100% to the right woman. if you think that i am a mugu because i am real to myself and her, so be it. the catch is that the passion/bond that this gal and I gonna share, you will never come close to that in any of your relationships.

yes you have to be in control of your emotions when you just meet someone or when you are not 100% secure with that person but the minute that you know that she is the one, then you have to let it out and liberate yourself in showing that gal the fantastic person you truly are in and out!

are you saying that you wouldnt show your emotions to the woman you are about to marry?! or the gal you spent few good yrs with?! what a waste of time!!!!
yes, be in control of your emotions at work or with strangers but when you are on a one on one with the person you decided to share a part your life with, dont be afraid to show your true emotional self!

imagine living life feeling pain but not being able to let it out just because you wanna act strong, while you aint and therefore suffering inside. it can never be good for any long term relationship/union because your actions wont match your being so your partner will never understand why you are pissed off or not in the mood for whatever.
you can put on an"happy mask" but your demeanor wont match.

the only way to truly love someone is to fully open up and put your heart on the table (at the mercy of being hurt). if you hold yourself because you are afraid/worry that she might hurt you then you will NEVER truly bond or love that person!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Who Are Sweet by madlady(f): 5:55am On Jun 23, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

you misunderstand the type of men that are out there. i am not afraid of being hurt (unlike you) so i've always gave myself 100% to the right woman. if you think that i am a mugu because i am real to myself and her, so be it. the catch is that the passion/bond that this gal and I gonna share, you will never come close to that in any of your relationships.

yes you have to be in control of your emotions when you just meet someone or when you are not 100% secure with that person but the minute that you know that she is the one, then you have to let it out and liberate yourself in showing that gal the fantastic person you truly are in and out!

are you saying that you wouldnt show your emotions to the woman you are about to marry?! or the gal you spent few good yrs with?! what a waste of time!!!!
yes, be in control of your emotions at work or with strangers but when you are on a one on one with the person you decided to share a part your life with, dont be afraid to show your true emotional self!

imagine living life feeling pain but not being able to let it out just because you wanna act strong, while you aint and therefore suffering inside. it can never be good for any long term relationship/union because your actions wont match your being so your partner will never understand why you are pissed off or not in the mood for whatever.

the only way to truly love someone is to fully open up and put your heart on the table (at the mercy of being hurt). if you hold yourself because you are afraid/worry that she might hurt you then you will NEVER truly bond or love that person!

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Faher(m): 12:24pm On Jun 23, 2010
@MrBrownJay

Whatever floats your boat cheesy
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by petebor02(m): 12:29pm On Jun 23, 2010
there always time 4everything.time to be hot and time to be cool on certain issues.
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by follypimpi(m): 1:47pm On Jun 23, 2010
topup:

Exactly!!

It's a fact,who cares if the lady in question thinks me being human is a crime or being a Pum,i really wouldn't care.Once i spot the person my heart longs for i go all out without holding back,love,cater to her to my very best.
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 23, 2010
topup:

I have not described the elusive man, you have. I do not want a man to do what I want him to like you've explained, unfortunately I am not one of those ladies, the only reason I can think why someone would want that is if the guy and the lady are not on par, and he is often doing things she doesn't like. But if they are heading towards the same goal, who cares if he applies for a job first or takes some certain decisions by instinct.

"Women want a strong firm man but trust me the one's that find the few string firm men in the core sense of it hardly ever get validation of worth from him."

I agree with this, and that is why I want a strong man, who can handle his emotions but hasn't barracaded them i.e. his heart is soft. I believe this should be a human quality. I think if a man has strong emotions but definitely has a passion and shares a little sensitivity when it comes to certain issues, many problems can be evaded. Afterall you can't teach a jerk why it's important not to demoralize beggars on the street, or why it's important to be polite to those who work under you.

"Maybe I misunderstood your post. A decisive man that has an internal council of "elders" and has his emotions under control with out being in consistent touch with God and living in His perfect love is the most dangerous man anyone can come across. Very attractive but dangerous cos U can't say U have him and there's just no telling what he'l decide to do next."

Then that would be my fault. Yes you have misunderstood, but that's not a problem, I don't mind re-explaining. The combination of all these factors are CRUCIAL. The average person here, seems to have a simplistic view of things - that's my opinion.

As soon as you say SOFT HEARTED they don't think of a kind and emotionally deep man, and if they do, they are unused to this idea. It is this stereotype of Nigerian and African or even just BLACK men, that many women say that they wouldn't mind dating a white man - white men seem to have eliminated this taboo to feel. Yes, you get a lot of softies, but you get some black guys who are softies too - who pretend not to be. The important bit is to be free with yourself, free enough to allow yourself to be vulnerable at times.

People are not silly, we can tell if someone is trying to hide something, and how painful would it be if my guy had to leave the house, slam the door everytime his emotions got overbearing. So imagine an extreme scenario, you're arguing about a really emotional subject - maybe you've been having trouble having a baby together, and you start to shout and get upset, you can't help it and your eyes moisten, he shouts back, and his emotions become overwhelming at seeing you upset and in such a state, so he results to the little boy, he starts shouting obscenities or insults, or the other option is to shout about getting angry, and then when most people would break emotionally, he instead is so preoccupied with hiding his emotions, that he can't wait to get out of the room, so he makes an excuse to leave, and he slams the door (there are two main extreme reactions, you either get really sad and upset, or you get really really mad) he looks angry, and possibly at you, he slams the door and leaves.

You're left there on the living room floor, cuddling yourself, and protecting yourself, and you manage to calm down after crying everything out, he's gone. And when you stop crying you start to recuperate - ALONE, and then maybe a few hours back he returns home, and maybe a few apologies and words will be exchanged but the process of knowing and learning each other's truest feelings is missed.

----

Also, I definitely prefer a man who is consistent with God.

-------

Now, the guy doesn't have to be a cry-baby. So please can people stop putting down this 'guy', a man who has tears, and sometimes comes to breaking point IS NOT A CRY-BABY. There are signs for cry babies; immaturity, pettiness, foul spirited, or emotionally dependent on you; now what girl in the right mind wants to date a man who behaves like an 8 year old boy

is this your script 4 bollywood or nollywood producers to read? undecided
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by lallafati(f): 3:39am On Jun 24, 2010

We are weak somewhere even when we look strong and we need wives that understand just were and can help us stand there better than we would on our own.

Onchedu, beautiful,  just beautiful  kiss
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Nobody: 3:47am On Jun 24, 2010
Sweet men I'll take. Sensitive men, not so much.
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by vivaladiva(f): 4:02am On Jun 24, 2010
i used to lov dating the so called tough guys, dey always break in the end, which was always fun 4 me
a bit like breaking a wild horse, u get this sense of achievment
right now i cant b bothered, its so fcking time consuming and it rearly pays off when u want it to
usually its when am bout leaving, thats when they start talking shit bout how they have always loved me, but cldnt bring them selves to say it or show it cos they hate feeling vulnurable
my taste, not too bloody sweet n not too fcking sour either a bit like lemonade
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by iice(f): 4:30am On Jun 24, 2010
vivaladiva:

i used to lov dating the so called tough guys, dey always break in the end, which was always fun 4 me a bit like breaking a wild horse, u get this sense of achievment

looooool cheesy I call them the sheep in wolf clothings.
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by topup: 4:30am On Jun 24, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

You sound like my ideal guy!!!!!

Now that's what I'm talking about!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Luv Her Bt I Cant Date Her because I Saw A Tattoo On Her Laps Unknowingly 2 Her.. / MORENIKEJI Must Be bleeped..... / Are You Currently Cheating On Your Partner? If Yes?, Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.