Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,358 members, 7,808,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Introduction To Learning German Language. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Introduction To Learning German Language. (5721 Views)

How To Start Learning German As A Complete Beginner / Learn At Sicher German Language Academy in Owerri and Aba / Learning German Language And Private Tutoring/lesson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by German4beginner(m): 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2018
hernandson:
hmmm bitte is please, your welcome is gern geschehen
gern geschehen can also mean it was my pleasure.

1 Like

Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by German4beginner(m): 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2018
permsec:
permsec reporting for duty.

ich been looking for a german language tutor. because ich liebe deutschland!!!!

i have various articles i downloaded from the youtube, but the use of die and das has been the issue.

certain objects require masculine approach, while some na woman. imagine using her for a cat.

I hope to learn from this thread sha........ Big ups to OP. Danke herr german4beginner grin grin grin grin
ja,You're right on time,we will be studying it next. Just follow the rules and it will definitely be simple to grab. Herzlich willkommen bei mir.(warm welcome from me).
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by hernandson(m): 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2018
German4beginner:
gern geschehen can also mean it was my pleasure.
danke. I noticed other words can mean same thing too
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by Saheed9: 7:27pm On Aug 15, 2018
i'm in

1 Like

Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by Emanex18: 7:32pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nice one... I am following aptly
A WhatsApp platform won't be a bad idea though.

1 Like

Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by MsFaith: 7:45pm On Aug 15, 2018
hernandson:
Duolingo is a good app for you if you have enough data,thank me later, also gives room to learn other languages with all you need
Thank you, I'll download it grin
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by hernandson(m): 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2018
MsFaith:

Thank you, I'll download it grin
your welcome, you'd get to chat too in form of group, when you do, let me know, so I can add you to my board, with your user name
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by German4beginner(m): 9:48am On Aug 16, 2018
Guten morgen,lasst uns anfangen.
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by German4beginner(m): 9:50am On Aug 16, 2018
Make sure you're always learning and mastering the glossary, because very soon we will only communicating here with German Language. smiley
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by German4beginner(m): 10:09am On Aug 16, 2018
Das Alphabet.

You must have noticed that i used the following Der,Die and Das attached to the main word. Ja! They are known as definite Article. Just like in English,we have articles (a,an,the) normally used with a noun in a sentence. It is same in German with slight difference. We have the English Definite article "the" represents German 3 definite articles "der" "die" "das". As in English, they are also placed before noun.
However, In German each of the definite article represent a gender.
>Der - It represents the gender "masculine"It
is placed before all masculine nouns.
Example : Der Lehrer ( The male
teacher)
>Die - It represents the gender " feminine "
and it is placed before all feminine
nouns. Example: Die Lehrerin(The
female teacher).
>Das - It is use for neuter (neutral). It is
placed before all neuter nouns.
Example: Das Buch (The Book).

1 Like

Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by German4beginner(m): 10:12am On Aug 16, 2018
NB: Please take note,they are for nouns in nominative case only.
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by German4beginner(m): 10:17am On Aug 16, 2018
PLEASE TAKE NOTE.
WE WILL BE TREATING, NOMINATIVE (NOMINATIV), ACCUSATIVE (AKKUSATIV) AND DATIVE(DATIV).
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by DusGerman: 4:19pm On Aug 16, 2018
I don't know why my main accout @german4beginner was put on hold.
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by DusGerman: 4:24pm On Aug 16, 2018
I can't post with it,so we will stick with this account for now. How can we grow with this kind of Altitude in Nigeria.
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by DusGerman: 4:26pm On Aug 16, 2018
I encourage everyone not to stop doing the right,find one way or another to impact knowledge/skill to our society for our growth. Danke
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by DusGerman: 4:31pm On Aug 16, 2018
German4beginner:
PLEASE TAKE NOTE.

WE WILL BE TREATING, NOMINATIVE (NOMINATIV), ACCUSATIVE (AKKUSATIV)
AND DATIVE(DATIV).
I stopped here.... There are some basic rules you must obey to identify the specific group of noun but as for now,you just have to memorize it to know which noun goes with which article.
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by DusGerman: 4:33pm On Aug 16, 2018
Also note,most nouns representing male and female beings will have "der" and "die" infront of the noun respectively.
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by DusGerman: 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2018
Examples:
1) Die Schüle (The School). 2) Der Freund (The male friend). 3) Die Freundin (The female friend). 4) Das Heft (The Exercise Book). 5) Der Füller (The pen). 6) Das Land (Country). 7) Die Landkarke (Country map). cool Die Antwort (Answer/reply) 9) Der Bleistift (Pencil). 10) Der Name (Name).
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by DusGerman: 4:56pm On Aug 16, 2018
I have exercises for you too. wink
Übung 1(Exercise): der,das,die? Fix it with the appropriate noun.
1)---Kontinent. 2)---Frau. 3)---Herr. 4)---Buch. 5)---Mann. 6)---Regel. 7)----Karte. cool----Vater. 9)---Fenster. 10)---Satz.
Alles Gute(All the best).
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by German4beginner(m): 11:05am On Aug 17, 2018
Guten Morgen.
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by German4beginner(m): 11:08am On Aug 17, 2018
Hope we are following up with the lecture, more update soon. My team are working on providing audio for our lesson,it will definitely help us in mastering German language faster and better.

1 Like

Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by German4beginner(m): 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2018
Our lesson for yesterday's lecture,i was expecting to see answers to it,unfortunately i didn't. The student would have won a gift from Dus German.
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by German4beginner(m): 2:10pm On Aug 17, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4681507/assessment-day-ubung we will be posting our answers(Assessment per day)on the thread above.
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by VanTee20(m): 3:19pm On Aug 17, 2018
DusGerman:
Übung 1(Exercise): der,das,die? Fix it with the appropriate noun.
1)---Kontinent. 2)---Frau. 3)---Herr. 4)---Buch. 5)---Mann. 6)---Regel. 7)----Karte. cool----Vater. 9)---Fenster. 10)---Satz.

Der kontinent

Die frau

Das herr

Das buch

Der mann

Das regel

Der vater

Die karte

Das fenster

Die satz

1 Like

Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by German4beginner(m): 5:30pm On Aug 17, 2018
VanTee20:

you tried but didn't get it all.

The answers to Übung 1...
1) Der Kontinent . (The continent).

2) Die Frau. (Mrs).

3) Der Herr. (Mr).

4) Das Buch. (The Book).

5) Der Mann. (The Man)

6) Die Regel. (The Rules).

7) Die Karte. (The map).

8- Der Vater. (The father).

9) Das Fenster.(The window).

10) Der Satz.(The sentence).
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by hernandson(m): 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
DusGerman:

Übung 1(Exercise): der,das,die?
Fix it with the appropriate noun.

1)---Kontinent.
2)---Frau.
3)---Herr.
4)---Buch.
5)---Mann.
6)---Regel.
7)----Karte.
cool----Vater.
9)---Fenster.
10)---Satz.

1) das kontinent
2) die frau (the woman)
3) ----herr
4)das buch (the book)
5)der mann(the man)
10)das satz(the salt) don't know the other words meaning, so I answered the ones I know
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by German4beginner(m): 8:05pm On Aug 17, 2018
hernandson:

1) das kontinent
2) die frau (the woman)
3) ----herr
4)das buch (the book)
5)der mann(the man)
10)das satz(the salt) don't know the other words meaning, so I answered the ones I know
Gut gemacht (well done)
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by map96(m): 8:01am On Aug 18, 2018
There are plenty of good reasons to learn how to speak German. No Matter your Age or your Career.
Not sure whether you should study German? Here are 5 great reasons to study German.

1. Communication: Developments in media, information and communication technology require multilingual communicators. A wide range of important websites are in German and worldwide, Germany is ranked number 5 in terms of annual publication of new books. Knowledge of German therefore offers you extended access to information. [Wikipedia, 2014]

2. EDUCATION
Who says you have to spend a fortune to get a decent education?
It costs £9,000+ a year to study in the UK. American students, meanwhile, can end up saddled with a six-figure student loan. In Germany? Tuition is free in most universities. Some institutions charge around €500 a semester and there’s no sacrifice in quality that comes with that. Many German universities are in the World’s top 100. Germany awards a generous number of scholarships and other support to study in Germany.
Why not learn German and get a free education?

3. BUSINESS
Did you know that Germany is the largest European trading partner with the US (and has a ranking of fifth overall)? Germany exports everything from vehicles and machines, to chemical products and metals. Its also home to many international corporations, such as Volkswagen, Allianz, Birkenstock, Mercedes-Benz, Siemens and stacks of other brands that are recognised globally.
Knowledge of German increases your job opportunities with German and foreign companies in your own country and abroad. Proficiency in German helps you to function productively for an employer with global business connections.

4. Arts and Music
What do Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Schubert, Brahms, Schumann and Wagner have in common? Apart from being famous composers, they all spoke and wrote in German. About 80,000 new books are published in Germany each year. Only a small percentage of these are translated into other languages. All these books are only accessible to those who have a fluent grasp of German. Plus, you'll be able to read Snow White and Seven Dwarfs, The Three Piglets, Hansel and Gretel as they were originally written, with nothing lost in translation.

5. German is the Most Spoken Native Language in the European Union
With an estimated 175-200 million speakers worldwide, German is the eleventh most widely spoken language in the world.
Having German language skills on your CV can help your career in so many ways.

6. YOU KNOW GERMAN ALREADY.
Here's a little known fact: German and English belong to the same language family tree. That's why German is easy for English speakers.
Unlike French, Italian and Spanish, which are Latin, both English and German belong to the Germanic branch of the Indo-European language family. Some German words and expressions are still used regularly in English, such as kindergarten, kaput.
Not convinced?
Here is a free German lesson
Mein Name ist .. My Name is
Bruder - brother, Wasser water, Freund friend.
You'll be surprised by how many words you already know if you choose to learn German as a foreign language today.

ENROLL TODAY@ German Language School Ibadan @08184083083 or 07968439874 to learn German Privately with a Timetable tailored to your needs.

You can join us on Whatsapp to Learn on the go too @08184083083.

You're at an advantage.

1 Like

Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by German4beginner(m): 9:57am On Aug 18, 2018
[quote author=map96 post=7038072 [/quote] You should have created your own thread for this.
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by German4beginner(m): 9:57am On Aug 18, 2018
[quote author=map96 post=7038072 [/quote] You should have created your own thread for this.
Re: Introduction To Learning German Language. by German4beginner(m): 10:01am On Aug 18, 2018
Guten Morgen Alle zusammen. (Good morning everyone).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If You Used This Book, Then You Are Too Old (photo) / Unilag Banking And Finance Cut Off Mark? / Anambra State University 2nd Batch Admission List Z Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.