Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,802 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken (50009 Views)

Labour Strike Not In Nigerians’ Interest, Says Oshiomhole / 'I AM BACK!', Says Governor Umahi (photos) / I Didn’t Meet Tinubu In London, Says Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by savageee(f): 6:26am On Aug 11, 2018
dumo1:

That reminds me sef I no dey bear Fayose voice since his Mortal combat fatality at the polls. Unlike months leading to elections he was beating his chest like king Kong and was roaring about....
Thank God you know

1 Like

Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by eddyslim(m): 6:26am On Aug 11, 2018
Chai see finishing... This one weak me
Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by foreshore(m): 6:27am On Aug 11, 2018
Croesuscrown:
The Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki has replied the All Progressives Congress, APC, party Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, who had said that he (Saraki) would not only be impeached but would also be stopped from returning to the Senate after the 2019 elections.
However, Saraki who responded through his media aide, Yusuf Olaniyon, said Oshiomhole is behaving like rain-beaten chicken.

Below is the full statement:

“It is rather surprising that Mr. Adams Oshiomhole is behaving like a rain-beaten chicken, crying all over the place about Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, as if the Senate President is the apparition haunting his life and the sinking ship that he captains.

Having decided not to join the pigs in rolling in the dirt; we would not like to be involved in any meaningless exchange with the demagogue now in charge of APC. However, because he claimed that he was reacting to the issues raised by the Senate President during his World Press Conference, we thought it necessary to give the APC chairman some attention.

Alas, we found that instead of addressing any issue raised by the Senate President, his press conference merely showcased his obsession and those of his sponsors with Saraki’s removal, which he did without any decorum befitting of his age or his awarded office. He brimmed with hate, hurled abuses, threw tantrums, told lies, huffed, puffed. In the end, he said nothing.

It is indeed amazing that the same Oshiomhole, who is now describing Saraki as a politician of no consequence was the same one who only a few months ago was crawling all over the place pleading for Saraki’s support to become chairman. We are sure that those who took him to Saraki several times to plead his case must now be thoroughly embarrassed by his reckless and uncouth manner.
By his conduct and utterances, Oshiomhole, who accused Saraki of not acting in national interest needs to do more to convince Nigerians that his desperate desire to become party chairman is not simply to feed his over-sized ego.
The position of Oshiomhole and his cohorts in the APC that the Senate President must resign is a mere wishful thinking. They will continue to dream about their planned removal of the Senate President. They will need 73 Senators to lawfully remove Dr. Saraki and they will never get that in the present eight Senate.

The argument of APC that the Senate President must come from a majority party; that the Senate Presidency is their crown and National Assembly is their palace is only supported by ignorance and dangerous delusion. First, the issue of which party is in the majority will only be resolved when the Senate resume. Two, Section 50 (1) (a) of the constitution is clear that any Senator can be elected as Senate President. If the only thing left of the APC change agenda is to change the Senate President we can only wish them goodluck.

Perhaps, Mr. Oshiomhole needs to be better educated about our parliamentary history when he Stated that “For the first time in parliamentary history in Nigeria, we had a situation where the APC had majority of Senators and went on to elect a PDP as Deputy Senate President”. Where is Mr. Oshiomhole when Senator John Wash Pam of the Nigerian People’s Party (NPP) became Deputy Senate President in the Second Republic even when the National Party of Nigeria (NPN) had the majority. The same thing happened in the House of Representatives when NPP’s Rt. Hon. Edwin Umeh Ezeoke was elected Speaker in an NPN majority House. But then, it would require a level of education to understand these things.

What hypocrisy! To think that this same APC were jubilating when Rt. Hon. Aminu Tambuwal retained his position after he defected from the PDP and still retained his seat, even when his new party was in the minority. These are people whose standards of morality are infinitely elastic.
We are sure the remaining APC Senators need to do a lot of work to bring Oshiomhole up to speed about parliamentary practice. His ignorance are too clear in his comments about how the Senate was adjourned on July 24, 2018, the distribution of committee chairmanship in the Senate and the difference between the post of Senate President and Minority Leader.

He has made so much song and dance about Mr. Godswill Akpabio resigning as Senate Minority Leader when he left the PDP to join APC. For this, Akpabio has become his hero and a symbol of honour. He obviously does not understand that the post of Minority Leader is a strictly party affair. And the PDP simply decided who to give it as it is not even a position that was mentioned in the constitution. Whereas, the Senate President position is a constitutional creation, which required majority votes of all the members. Again, we don’t expect people whose only experience in politics is at the provincial levels to understand this. No wonder they are talking of crowns and inheritance.

The fair distribution of the Committee chairmanship is one of the stabilizing factors in the 8th Senate and has helped it in achieving more than all its predecessors.
We need to inform this divisive element who now leads APC that if he wants to know why the 2018 budget was delayed, he should ask the heads of the MDAs. We reckon that should be easy for him since he is now their ‘headmaster’, moving around with canes to whip ministers into line.

Oshiomhole once again demonstrated his lack of sense of history by talking of Buhari winning more votes in Kwara than Saraki. We are sure President Buhari himself will disagree with the APC chairman. We invite the APC chairman to look at the figures of votes secured by the President in 2003, 2007, 2011 and 2015 to know that the difference is clear, like a commercial advert stated.

We hereby assure this garrulous, tactless and reckless APC chairman that a million of Adams Oshiomhole cannot remove Saraki as Senate President. His illegal plots, can only feed his insatiable ego and keep him awake at nights. But it will remain an exercise in futility.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/saraki-fires-back-says-oshiomhole-behaving-like-rain-beaten-chicken/

This urgly chimpanzee that calls himself APC chairman is shameless
Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by deomelo: 6:28am On Aug 11, 2018
abbyguy:

let me address your points in the same manner from my view

1.APC may be in control of the country and some states but it's not definately in control of Kwara.
Saraki is in full control of kwara and his constituency.
I don't know which other control u are looking for if because of one man's defection .....the state Governor, deputy governor, speaker, all members of the house except one, all local government chairmen, all commissioners, all counsellors and many party members defected .
Again, saraki's leadership single handedly delivered Kwara to PMB in the last election.

2. It will be almost impossible for APC to deny his return to the Senate. Again, do u know that of the two Senate terms of saraki he neither for once campaigned neither did he post any poster or advert.
See as of today, the only thing that can make that guy loose his relevance in kwara politics is probably death.

3. He only betrayed that party and not the country. Looking closely you discover the man is ambitious and intelligent it's never about the greed or personal gains, that guy has known money all his life, when people like that notice you don't know their worth, overestimating yourself or underestimating them, they switch.

4. PDP may be a weak party the same way ACN was some months back, but it's not weak in kwara because of one man.

5. Let's wait till 2019, all I know is it's not going to be an easy ride for the PDP and APC will also feel the heat.

1. Saraki isnow a PDP member while his state,kwara state strictly belongs to the APC

2. Saraki's APC structure is gone, the APC dismantled it and the state's PDP chair and the state's PDP structure and members defected to the APC.

3. PDP is a minority party in Kwara and apart from the fact that the PDP can not win anything in Kwara state, his position remains even more precarious because he can not build any effective PDP political structure to compete with the APC in an APC state where PMB won hands down.PMB is still the candidate to beat in Kwara.

4. Even for the sake of argument saraki managed to secure enough votes to send him back to Abuja, he still cannot retain the SP seat because he won't have the majority needed to keep that seat since all his defected crew won't win re-election in APC/PMB states back to Abuja.

5. So, will saraki seat in the Senate as an ordinary member without the SP seat? No, he'll either resign or get forced out via impeachment.

Agina, Saraki is in a precarious position, he has ZERO political platform or structure to operate from, he's totally exposed and vulnerable and he doesn't have any kind of leverage to bargain with.

6. The PDP pretty much is a dead party and all their potential presidential candidates combined lack the capacity to defeat PMB so where are saraki's power and relevance in the grand scheme of things?

The man is dead politically.

'
Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by MikaelsonRx(m): 6:32am On Aug 11, 2018
��

Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:38am On Aug 11, 2018
HungerBAD:
This is starting to get childish.

Adam's Oshiomole said they will impeach Saraki,and then stop him from coming back to the Senate if he contests again.

There were no personal attacks in his words,as his statements were pure political statements.

For Saraki to descend so low as to bring a private conversation between himself and Adam's into the public arena, shows how mature he is. What if Adam's Oshiomole had approached you privately for support?people talk to each other privately,and that is where it ends.

PDP begging Akpabio "on their knees" was a public affair, too.
Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by excel101(m): 6:40am On Aug 11, 2018
He's always barking like a castrated/impotent man
Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 11, 2018
Epic reply from a very intelligent man.
Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by tiwiex(m): 6:42am On Aug 11, 2018
HungerBAD:

Adam's Oshiomole said they will impeach Saraki,and then stop him from coming back to the Senate if he contests again.

There were no personal attacks in his words,as his statements were pure political statements.

For Saraki to descend so low as to bring a private conversation between himself and Adam's into the public arena, shows how mature he is. What if Adam's Oshiomole had approached you privately for support?people talk to each other privately,and that is where it ends.

I thought it was balanced and d message was relevant to Oshiomole. He raised the private conversation because he says Saraki is a politician with no political value. That was to expose his hypocrisy and there was no other way to do it.

I get your point. Silence could be golden but to some noisy people, it's a sign of weakness. Saraki's response has been quite measured and he addressed every issue. In the process, we all learnt something and also exposed Oshiomole's level of ignorance. Eg. The minority leader position. He didn't even need to resign.. You can't head a group you are no longer a part of. How can he head PDP group of senators from APC? I never knew how the position was created.

If we keep paying attention, these issues are showing Nigerians the inner working of government and teaching the younger ones. I have sadly not heard any major cerebral discuss from the APC in the last 3 years. Even Sagay and Keyamu that I thought had some stuff keep amusing everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by CapitalCee(m): 6:44am On Aug 11, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

Oshiomhole built which structures? How many senators or Federal House of reps members in Edo State did oshiomhole deliver to APC in 2015? What about the presidential elections? Did he deliver it to the APC? Oshiomhole only rode to power on the strength of his popularity as a former labour chairman.

Oshiomhole is no match for Saraki anyday or anytime. Saraki has always bested his opponents even with their so-called federal might.Just sit and watch as the APC will be disgraced in kwara state

Ok. 2019 is here. You people will cry foul again. Na here we dey
Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:47am On Aug 11, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

The Senate will reconvene on Tuesday. Come and impeach your grandfather let's see

I have a right to my opinion in public matters. And I think you should respect my opinion even if you do not agree with it. Only minions and lowlife scallywag would turn civil discussion into personal insult. What has my grandfather got to do with senate? Please if you can't be civic and respect another person, do not in your god forsaken life quote me again? You can shove your opinion into your as,s for all I care.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by kayceerilyn(f): 6:49am On Aug 11, 2018
I rarely comment on politics related issues, but my admiration for the senate president has skyrocketed. His brain power is very very high and it is exactly what we need around here not some "certificateless" human who does not understand basically grammar... Well,let the game of thrones continue

1 Like

Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by CapitalCee(m): 6:50am On Aug 11, 2018
deomelo:

1. Saraki isnow a PDP member while his state,kwara state strictly belongs to the APC

2. Saraki's APC structure is gone, the APC dismantled it and the state's PDP chair and the state's PDP structure and members defected to the APC.

3. PDP is a minority party in Kwara and apart from the fact that the PDP can not win anything in Kwara state, his position remains even more precarious because he can not build any effective PDP political structure to compete with the APC in an APC state where PMB won hands down.PMB is still the candidate to beat in Kwara.

4. Even for the sake of argument saraki managed to secure enough votes to send him back to Abuja, he still cannot retain the SP seat because he won't have the majority needed to keep that seat since all his defected crew won't win re-election in APC/PMB states back to Abuja.

5. So, will saraki seat in the Senate as an ordinary member without the SP seat? No, he'll either resign or get forced out via impeachment.

Agina, Saraki is in a precarious position, he has ZERO political platform or structure to operate from, he's totally exposed and vulnerable and he doesn't have any kind of leverage to bargain with.

6. The PDP pretty much is a dead party and all their potential presidential candidates combined lack the capacity to defeat PMB so where are saraki's power and relevance in the grand scheme of things?

The man is dead politically.

'

The problem i have with these PDP apologists is their inability to put up strategic thinking. Saraki left APC because he knew his game is up, he reluctantly left the APC. Now he has brought unnecessary attention to himself just like Fayose. APC will frustrate him in his small kwara home state.
Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by lacidi: 6:52am On Aug 11, 2018
savageee:
Saraki u saw wat happen to fayose oh, be warn
Its be warned not be warn.
Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by Paruz1015(m): 6:52am On Aug 11, 2018
Take it or leave it, Saraki is a traitor with no respect of party rules and Agenda. You can't blame oshomole for talking . Saraki disrupted the party leadership and structure because of his personal agenda.
Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by tiwiex(m): 6:54am On Aug 11, 2018
ozento:
oshiomole shud be careful with his choice of words. its not edo state. he shud understand that saraki is not a baby wen its comes to politics.
No mind am. You meet someone in your time of need, then you go around shouting to impress your boss on how loyal you are by attacking them with zero points.

I listened to him on TV yesterday and APC just wasted a valuable position. This is not labour but serious politics. He rarely talks intellligibly. Saraki was forced to comment and state things we all already know. Sometimes, silence means consent and he was getting tired of the noise.

Wait for Oshiomole to deny begging Saraki. Maybe he even did not but Saraki get sense. Keeps pulling him out. And maybe he did and also Saraki get sense because he saw him as a bull in a China shop capable of harming APC.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by bestviewer: 6:56am On Aug 11, 2018
"They will need 73 Senators to lawfully remove Dr. Saraki and they will never get that in the present eight Senate."

Lol.. the useless APC don suffer cheesy

Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by tiwiex(m): 6:57am On Aug 11, 2018
Paruz1015:
Take it or leave it, Saraki is a traitor with no respect of party rules and Agenda. You can't blame oshomole for talking . Saraki disrupted the party leadership and structure because of his personal agenda.

The senate presidency is not based on party rules. There are senators from both sides of the aisle. Saraki winning senate was a wakeup call to Buhari and Tinubu. This is federal democracy and not state or military. You work within the constitution. If I may ask you, what is the huge advantage of having their candidate as senate president?

1 Like

Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by CSTR1005: 6:57am On Aug 11, 2018
I keep saying it.

ogbonnaya onu should have been elected as leader.

Oshiomhole does not have the intelligence or temperament to play this high level politics.
Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by Oluwabusobomi(f): 6:59am On Aug 11, 2018
God bless my able SP Saraki
Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by Stevegay(m): 7:02am On Aug 11, 2018
This is SPEAR and F5 by Saraki....my wrestling fans can relate. Osho baba hmmmm...I case my rest
Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by Redhot111(m): 7:03am On Aug 11, 2018
HungerBAD:

Wat is this one saying? Hunger is truly bad. Didn't you watch the other video where oshiomhole was practically insulting the late olusola saraki? Yet saraki didn't even reply rather it was ffk that replied him on that.
Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by tiwiex(m): 7:03am On Aug 11, 2018
mensos544:
Whatever, leave their seat. Gbam
The seat is not a party seat. You still don't get it.
Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by luizpippo(m): 7:03am On Aug 11, 2018
otherway:

Start preparing your suicide note cos Buhari has won already.

No sane Nigeria will vote for the corrupt options we have at the moment.

Only f**lish people blame the present Nigeria situation on Buhari.
And a sane Nigerian would now vote Buhari? Oga, are you sane enough to know the meaning of being sane?

1 Like

Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by Redhot111(m): 7:06am On Aug 11, 2018
FOLYKAZE:
Oga Saraki reconvene the House make we know who be chicken and who be bird.

As the rain pours, we spectators will know that which will fly and that which will be drenched like a witch

You can also tell ur bubu to sign the electoral amendment bill sent to him make we know who be who.
Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by nelcliff(m): 7:07am On Aug 11, 2018
This is what I called TOKUNBO GREAT 1 finishing.

Osho how market.. grin grin
Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by tiwiex(m): 7:08am On Aug 11, 2018
CapitalCee:
Lol. I laugh when i see people hailing saraki and mocking Oshiomole, i just laugh. Most of these nairalanders dont know Oshiomhole. Let saraki be careful with him, he is capable of crippling saraki politically forever. He has the advantage, because he has time, federal might, experience, structure even money to strike. Go and ask mr Fix it. Saraki is not stronger that mr fix it . Most of you are new to politics.
You need a wits to accomplish this. Saraki showed from day one that federal might is not necessary right. With a tactless Oshiomole, he might just turn the federal gun on himself.
Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by luizpippo(m): 7:10am On Aug 11, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

You're sure one of the very numerous IGNORANT folks we got in this nation. With pple like you, I fear for the future of Nigeria.

These animals are busy toying with the future of millions of Nigerians and there you're adulating stupidity, praising a known corrupt FOOL's cunningness. Sad! undecided

You're busy barking the tune of the 'beautiful' politics being played while the nation is bereft of good governance due to these miscreants and cabals in the likes of Saraki...

When will the Nigerian youths take back and fight for their rights? No problem, it's become a norm for the average Nigerian youth to exhibit stark ignorance and stupidity. Keep it up! undecided

You should be ashamed of even trying to support a known generation of thieves (Sarakis and co.)
None of these animals mean well for Nigerians other than the President... even though he's not perfect but, he's a good man.

God save Nigeria!

Your president is not a good man. He is a part and parcel of the bad rulers we have. Himself and Saraki are cut from the same cloth
Re: Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken by Redhot111(m): 7:15am On Aug 11, 2018
itu404:
Right from the onset saraki has been into anti party activities like when he outsmarted the choice made by his party for the senate president. some childish youth just come here and make nonsense on this forum reasoning like they have no brains. why insult Osho as the party chairman it is his position to defend the party and point out the ills of saraki: where on earth will any one accept the frolicking of saraki, his betrayal and gallivanting with the opposition party?imagine some idiot supporting these ones on flimsy and parochial reasons. idiots, who ruined your country. it is high time you support good rather than evil. for now Buhari is the best. old or not anyone who tackles corruption is the best, for corruption is one reason we are are in this mess. FFK and Saraki are both birds of same feathers, born with silver spoon and educated in UK by the wealth of you and i. wealth siphoned by their corrupt fathers. why the hell would any sane Nigerians allow this breed to talk let alone rule them i beats me.
why should FFK not rally round saraki? are they not having similar history. We must breakaway from these ones if we must move forward as a nation. clicking nonsense here only aggravates matter .

See as this one brain just dey leak for ground follow am. According to you, it is in oshiomhole'to defend his party, so, is anybody arresting him for that? Isn't it saraki position to return any political arrow fired at him back to sender?

I honestly don't know own why you guys will just come here thinking from one side of ur brain. Wat goes around surely cones around. Wise up oga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP / Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos / Governor Ganduje At Father Mbaka's Church Event In Enugu. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.