Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:46 PM

Is this the real feminism? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is this the real feminism? (259 Views)

Sexual Harrassment: Feminism And The Dangers Of "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" / Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship / My Opinion About FEMINISM... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is this the real feminism? by Ksatriy: 11:40pm On Aug 10, 2018
It’s probably been almost a decade now that millennials and non-millennials and everyone who gives a crap about social interactions started this thing about feminism.

And as I type that word, NL feminists emerge from their ******* and NL trolls emerge from their °°°°°°°, preparing to do battle.

If you found the former offensive, but the latter funny, I will get to you people soon.

The term “ FEMINISM" and all of its derivatives have such loads behind them, it is now time to clear this fog from them.

Beware, I am not taking a side here.

If you ever talk to a NL feminist about something egregious a so-called “feminist” did in the name of “feminism”, you will get the usual response.

“That’s not REAL feminism.”

And guess what? They’ve got a point.

Go to Oxford dictionary and look up
feminism; it’s a typical definition. It has nothing to do with man-hating or gender-bending or whatever. It’s just female advocacy.

They FAKE feminists misrepresent what most of what feminism’s goals are.
It’s analogous to me calling myself a rapper and only doing R&B relating music. I can call myself a rapper all I want to, but my actions misrepresent my affiliation.

Feminism’s goal were (and to some extent still aresmiley

*to pull women out of the home.

*to get them more representation in the public.

*to push them to use their voices.

It’s how people use the term “FEMINIST” that makes all of those past advances blur.

An entire wave of new people have shanghaied the word, stripped it of it’s meaning, and used it as a symbol of a radical culture change that puts women as the dominant gender and lowers men to nothing more than scapegoats.

Again, not what the feminist movement is supposed to entail. However, if feminism wants to gain it’s respect back and return the word “feminist” from pejorative to proud description, REAL feminists need to take action and forcibly take it away from FAKE feminists.

Let people know that what other “feminists” advocate for is not the way for equality.

The more attentions the radical side gets, the less powerful the real feminist movement gets.

At the end of the day, if your idea of feminism tries to exclude anyone for gender purposes or race or any other identifying features, it’s not real feminism.

If it scapegoats ANYONE because of their skin, religion, gender identity, sexuality, etc., it’s not real feminism.

If it tries to gain “equality” by forcing people to believe that other genders are not as good as women and do nothing to support women, it’s not real feminism.

If it makes other people who don't support feminism misogynists, it's not real feminism.

If it's bent on forcing people into being feminists, it's not real feminism.

Real feminism is bringing everyone together, to achieve a better future so that everyone can live in a world when no one gets put on a lower level because of their gender or skin color or religion.

Everyone has a part in the feminist movement.

SayNoToFakeFeminists

(1) (Reply)

Am Coming For You Babe / Dinner For Two-part Two (18+) / The Only Relationship Where You Will Never Have Your Heart Broken!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.