Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja (12564 Views)

Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) / FG Deactivates Sowore’s National ID Card, Voter Card, Passport - SR / Nigerian Soldier Flaunts His Voter's Card, Says He Will Vote For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by geek4k(m): 12:56am On Aug 11, 2018
So after much procrastination regarding the registration of my voter's card, i finally gave it a try today and would authoratively say it was a total waste of time and effort!

Sacrificed a supposed sleep + work hours to get mine after getting the cold warning it'll end up before next weekend.

Woke up by 5am, hurriedly went to the registration center (PW Pri sch Kubwa, Abuja. Precisely) where the registration takes place.

It's a norm to first fill a pre-form to obtain unique numbers, hence, proceed to the next phase where the main questionnaire will be issued for data entry.

I managed to get the number "142" as It was already crowded when i stormed in by few mins past 5am.

With the thought of "making sure my stay there worthwhile" i waited patiently and kept note of all that was happening around not to be left out in the dark.

Hours past, the INEC officials finally walked in at some mins to 10am.. Damn!! "This people are not serious with their jobs" i thought to myself* then i remembered the phrase [i]*This is Nigeria* [/i]which literally shut up my instances.

NB: some folks actually spent their night in the school just to get the least numbers. (the least your number, the better chance of getting registered)

Okay, could we get started already? Yes sure! They started calling out names and their respective numbers, the first set they called where up to 70.

Gosh! These guys where super slow! It was as if they were surfing with glo network on a mid evening. Worst! they're just two of them attending to several hundreds of us.

What's the time Bro? It's past 11am! Guess what? One of the INEC system got low on power and shut down, Oh didn't i mention? There's no electricity in the school and guess what? The INEC officials don't even have a generator!

Hol'up abit bro. As concerned Nigerians where involved, a man calming asked him if he could volunteer his generator and even fuel it for him to continue the work, "No" he said, he declined! And quietly walked out majestically with the excuse of going for prayers, spent more than 3 hours leaving the innocent Nigerians standing under the sun.

This act just portray incompetence, unprofessional, lousiness and laziness instilled in them. Got me wondering their training parameter; how they ended up public servants.

Truly! Nigerians are the problems of themselves. If we regard those little effort towards humanity it'll form a collection and then widespread, thus, the country will become soft and calm for everyone.

Anyways, after so much hassle and waiting consecutively, it was almost mid afternoon and most of the yet-to-be-registered folks got tired of waiting and started leaving angrily.

People where still much though and when the INEC supervisor came in she was acquainted on the situation of things. She welcomed the idea of generator that was volunteered.

To cut the story short, only a total of 120 persons was attended to. I left there exactly 4pm we where asked to come back tomorrow morning and start a new list all over again, yeh! That's the culture.

And yes! I've lost interest in getting mine.

This is my bad experience and i regret giving it a try in the first place because I lost not just the time and the effort we stood under the hot sun for hours, not even a shade built for this course and all classes were locked up.

Please note: this is just my personal experience and not a reason you shouldn't get you pvc. This is made solely for the relevant offices to make its service more efficient and flexible for Nigerians.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by alterswerve(m): 2:41am On Aug 11, 2018
Bro, I was listening to the radio some days back and many people laid complaints about this problem just like you in Lagos.

I haven't gotten my pvc, and I'm already discouraged about getting it on two grounds:

1. The attitude of these INEC officials

2. The fact that those who want. Nigeria to remain this way are more in population and power than those who actually want things to be better for the Nigeria.

This is the kind of post that should get to the front page.. In fact, we all should start a social media rant about this. Even though it may seem too late

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by ipobarecriminals: 3:12am On Aug 11, 2018
sad nah so everywhere oo.Even a security guard in one popular Fashola sec sch collected bribe from desperate peep to help dem slot/pass their name to Inec official. This is Nig.E go beta sha

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by techbloga: 10:00am On Aug 11, 2018
Front page!!!!
Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by TheUbermensch: 2:34pm On Aug 11, 2018
This is 2018.

I do not understand why getting voters card should be so tedious. Remind me again why we need quarter of a billion naira against next year elections? It's even easier in some African countries and some douchebags would have the nerves to call Nigeria the giant of Africa.

The process of getting the PVC is intentionally tedious. It's a way to keep very busy people off. .

Also what's the point of getting a PVC in a country where elections would still be rigged?

We should just accept that Nigeria has failed in every ramification and doesn't even deserve to be called a country.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by amebovillage(m): 2:34pm On Aug 11, 2018
i will back to comment
Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by exporters101: 2:35pm On Aug 11, 2018
This thing should be made easy to encourage voters
Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by Paulfroshman: 2:35pm On Aug 11, 2018
Ok
Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by nanauju(f): 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by megareal: 2:38pm On Aug 11, 2018
We can never get it right. What the heck is wrong with us a s a nation?

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by God2man(m): 2:38pm On Aug 11, 2018
I wanted to go but my colleague in the office gave me a nasty experience of fracas at the registration centre.
Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by Gregdcutie(m): 2:39pm On Aug 11, 2018
Just had the same horrible experience now........was asked to check back tomorrow
Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 11, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
E go beta sha

What does this statement mean? Are you saying that things will get better or are you consoling him? Because I don't understand how anyone can think Nigeria is going to be a "better country"

6 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by donestk(m): 2:41pm On Aug 11, 2018
grin
Despite all odds, I still got mine.

Go get yours!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by Raphael007(m): 2:41pm On Aug 11, 2018
Good day sir, well my candid advice to you is that you should find time and Go to karu at the inec office there and get it done ,without hasstle and wasting of time I did mine there and I have collected as well. I will say you try that place you do not have to go there as early as 5am just try and be there by 8am and the resume on time there as well thank you.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by guru03(m): 2:42pm On Aug 11, 2018
well done, had similar experience, in my case the gateman his to form just to bribe him, I was about leaving he called me back to give me the form, I wanted dealing with the gateman but on a second thought, if as a result he lost the job whats the benefit, I was immediately registered by the officer who observed I was a visitor.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by flexyrule(m): 2:43pm On Aug 11, 2018
Nigeria's public service system needs a COMPLETE overhaul. The downside is that many people would lose their jobs.

6 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by holuphisayor(m): 2:43pm On Aug 11, 2018
if a lot of people were actually registered by INEC and they went ahead to vote.

Do you think politicians will be able to buy votes?

INEC is working to frustrate people.

I live in the south west and a lot have complained the same.

9 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by Amedino99(m): 2:43pm On Aug 11, 2018
i got to inec office here in surulere at 7am i was no 199 on the list. the inec officials called the names to no 102 and he said the next batch will only be for 15 people still yet i waited after everything sha i finally did my registration at after 6 thanks to the official who decided to pity me

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by fatymore(f): 2:44pm On Aug 11, 2018
I swear it is everywhere .
Last weekend, they asked people to go home on Saturday and come back on sunday(nobofy registered o)
On Sunday we waited and waited, not until a woman leader called them and Told us they aren't coming to that school again, we should come to a far away place to register. .. It is really so painful and frustrating

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by Ovems(f): 2:45pm On Aug 11, 2018
The registration center in Zone 3 Wuse is far better. They register at least 200 people everyday. And their process is fair.

3 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by RexTramadol1: 2:45pm On Aug 11, 2018
Thank God I have mine.....................

That was bfr 2015 elections

I could have just decided not to get it again.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by ZKOSOSO(m): 2:48pm On Aug 11, 2018
These are done deliberately by INEC in collabo with Buhari People.
If u observe nationwide carefully, u will notice that where few Muslims population settled in FCT, this doesn't happen.
FCT population is mostly South and Middle belt with tiny HausaFulaniMuslims scattered. Most of the Okada/Keke Napep/water vendors /baba bolla (refuse boys) are maily from Chad, Niger Republic, Mali Senegal etc almajiris. Where the urchins are found in numbers are usually flooded with INEC registration centres.

Ol boy, na dia way be dat o. Always manipulative to sideline South and Christian population. It in them.

18 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by Pentools(m): 2:50pm On Aug 11, 2018
Hmmmmmm, omo no be small thing, PVC is not even the least thing on my mind right now not today, not tomorrow and never, cus it doesn't share a space thereof, I had my early morning jogging all the way from gwarinpa to kubwa and decided to just have a snoop on the PVC centre the crowd I saw there cemented my already made decision of not getting a PVC.

Funny enough asides from some engagements that might demand for it as the only means of identification any other reason such as voting as people proffer is a total waste of time,energy and in some cases money cus that shiiii won't count, the winner is well aware already, he's just awaiting on time for thorough and total manifestations.

3 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by Raphael007(m): 2:50pm On Aug 11, 2018
[quote author=TheUbermensch post=70186056]This is 2018.

I do not understand why getting voters card should be so tedious. Remind me again why we need quarter of a billion naira against next year elections? It's even easier in some African countries and some douchebags would have the nerves to call Nigeria the giant of Africa.

The process of getting the PVC is intentionally tedious. It's a way to keep very busy people off. .

Also what's the point of getting a PVC in a country where elections would still be rigged?

We should just accept that Nigeria has failed in every ramification and doesn't even deserve to be called a country. [/quote
Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by Raphael007(m): 2:52pm On Aug 11, 2018
[quote author=Raphael007 post=70186406][/quote
]Sir as bad as it is right now it will not always be like this , we shouldnt nurse the notion of what is the point of getting a PVC in Nigerian where election will be rigged. We have to have a different orientation this is what they want ud to believe but yet the have the majority in numbers in terms of PVC registration and collection we have got to take the chance if really we want to move this nation forward. America was birth on blood and sweat, it time we put this old men where they belong

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by Raphael007(m): 2:52pm On Aug 11, 2018
TheUbermensch:
This is 2018.

We should just accept that Nigeria has failed in every ramification and doesn't even deserve to be called a country.
Sir as bad as it is right now it will not always be like this , we shouldnt nurse the notion of what is the point of getting a PVC in Nigerian where election will be rigged. We have to have a different orientation this is what they want us to believe but yet thSir as bad as it is right now it will not always be like this , we shouldnt nurse the notion of what is the point of getting a PVC in Nigerian where election will be rigged. We have to have a different orientation this is what they want us to believe but yet they have the majority in numbers in terms of PVC registration and collection we have got to take the chance if really we want to move this nation forward. America was birthed on blood and sweat, it time we put this old men where they belong

3 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by Flango: 2:54pm On Aug 11, 2018
shocked

The process is deliberately programmed to ensure that the educated and informed citizens of the country will not have access to the voters card.

The card is for the jobless members of society who will give out their votes for #1000 or a bit more.

Especially in Lagos

11 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by TheUbermensch: 2:54pm On Aug 11, 2018
Raphael007:

Sir as bad as it is right now it will not always be like this , we shouldnt nurse the notion of what is the point of getting a PVC in Nigerian where election will be rigged. We have to have a different orientation this is what they want ud to believe but yet the have the majority in numbers in terms of PVC registration and collection we have got to take the chance if really we want to move this nation forward. America was birth on blood and sweat, it time we put this old men where they belong

What Nigeria needs is a revolution, not an election.

Let that sink into everybody's mind.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja by 042born: 2:55pm On Aug 11, 2018
angry
well, mine went smoothly... Only God knows why.
I went by 9, did mine around 11. So smooth and fast here in enugu

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aminu Tambuwal Speaks After His Victory As Governor Of Sokoto / Ovie Omo-Agege: Gulak's Murder Is Barbaric And Callous / LASG Resumes Federal Government Conditional Cash Transfer To Beneficiaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.