Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ (35135 Views)

Iyanya Reconciles With Tekno And Ubi Franklin At His New EP Launch In Lagos / Lola Rae Cuddling Skye, Her Baby With Tekno (Photo) / Tekno And Regina Daniels In Lovely Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by noahnaira: 9:44am On Aug 11, 2018
... artiste-turned-Instagram blogger... Well done O
ednut1:
Tiwa has not said anything. The net just sidon fabricate this article
Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by InTime(m): 9:46am On Aug 11, 2018
Tekno Tekno, No Song To Sing Again.
Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by ednut1(m): 9:49am On Aug 11, 2018
noahnaira:
... artiste-turned-Instagram blogger... Well done O

undecided see my pic for profile. My legs alone tall pass d guy. So not me
Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by Techm8: 9:49am On Aug 11, 2018
Instagram ACCOUNTS with strictly Nigerian active followers for sale.

Can be used by bloggers/small businesses/upcoming artists can also be for personal use.

Zero8zerosix7seven9nine1nine3 (call/WhatsApp)
Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by safarigirl(f): 9:51am On Aug 11, 2018
omusiliyu:
But Ciara hailed you nah
glad you even have the screenshot.

This one just wants to trend on Ciara's head. Angry my foot

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 9:57am On Aug 11, 2018
Between Tekno and Techno, who chinko pass?
Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 11, 2018
2odd:
Just months after Tekno was called out by veteran group Danfo Drivers for an unauthorized use of their hit Jogodo in a remix of the same title, singer Tiwa Savage is on a warpath with Tekno for the same infringement.

Sometimes last week, American R&B diva Ciara announced a collaboration with the MMMG signed Tekno titled ‘Freak Me ’. It was apparent that being aware of the growing African music industry, Ciara tapped on one of the most known voice on the continent, Tekno. The video to the song was released almost simultaneously.

However, Tekno was conspicuously missing. In the same vein, unlike Ciara who excitedly shared the artwork for the single, Tekno refrained from doing so- which artiste-turned-Instagram blogger Tunde Ednut pointed out.

It didn’t take fans long to recognize the striking similarities between the new song ‘ Freak Me’ and a song on Tiwa Savage’s 2015 album RED titled ‘ Before Nko’.

NET can exclusively confirm that neither Tekno nor Ciara obtained clearance or permission from Tiwa Savage before infringing on her copyright, a move that has left the talented mother of one extremely aggrieved.

A member of Tiwa Savage’s camp who spoke to us exclusively on the condition of anonymity revealed the level of disappointment she has in Tekno, whom she considered a friendly colleague; not in the least because they both are Pepsi ambassadors and know each other well.

‘We were surprised that they went that route. They didn’t even just sample some strings, the beat and lyrics of the hook are basically the same. Tiwa is extremely upset because it seems like a rip off of her sweat.’

Asked if there were any enquiries from the Ubi Franklin led MMMG, the answer was negative. ‘They didn’t ask or inform us before the song was made. As a matter of fact, we reached out to them when we heard the song but they didn’t do us the courtesy of even responding.

This is not how to do things. Tekno himself is not sharing links to the song as much as his boss Ubi is. This is
wrong‘, our well-placed source said.

He added too that ‘It may not have been in Ciara’s place to know that the song belonged to someone else but the onus was on Tekno as the featured act and producer (who we believe gave the song to her anyway) to inform her.’
On our part, we contacted Ubi Franklin before filing this report. Calls were not answered and text messages sent to him were not replied at the time of publishing this.

Although Tiwa Savage (along with Don Jazzy, his brother
DPrince ) was listed as one of the composers on streaming sites such as TIDAL, she believes that does not suffice as ‘permission’.

It is the second time this year that Tekno would be accused of song theft. In May, the duo of
Mountain Black and Med Melon called him out for appropriating their early 2000’s hit Jogodo . Tekno did not deny the charge but soon after was seen with the singers in an apparent reconciliatory mode.

Last year, he was also criticized for interpolating parts of 50cent’s In Da Club in his Go single.

http://thenet.ng/net-exclusive-tiwa-savage-angry-with-teknos-blatant-rip-off-of-her-song-before-nko/

If ur song isn't registered as an intellectual property, Its legally not yours.

1 Like

Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by eyinjuege: 10:14am On Aug 11, 2018
Ignorance is never an excuse in law.
Tiwa, go and sue Ciara in Amelika, and you will be compensated with some millions, and more people will also be exposed to your music.
Win win situation for you.
Thievery of people's sweat should never be encouraged

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by olutop(m): 11:16am On Aug 11, 2018
balaclava:
Tiwa! Keep quiet there.

You also in the past stole video concept from Asinamali by Tumi for your Eminado video.

You no get mouth Abeg.
Ignorance at its peak, Video concept is not done by the Artiste but by the video director, that is why any music video award goes to the Video director and in case of copyright case the video director is being sued, Clarence Peter is still in one case as we speak.....

1 Like

Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by Collins10(m): 11:17am On Aug 11, 2018
balaclava:
Tiwa! Keep quiet there.

You also in the past stole video concept from Asinamali by Tumi for your Eminado video.

You no get mouth Abeg.
There's what they called 'Video Directing'.
Eminando was directed by Clarence Peters.

If the video concept of Eminando was stolen from somewhere, you should be calling out Clarence Peters, not Tiwa Savage.

Her job is to pay Peters, and his job is to direct the video.
Hian!

1 Like

Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by princessyere1(f): 11:19am On Aug 11, 2018
he posted it

1 Like

Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by 2odd(m): 11:23am On Aug 11, 2018
princessyere1:
he posted it
Bro ,Ciara posted n Tagged him 3 days ago ,he just did 22hrs ago ...
Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by Awoo88: 11:24am On Aug 11, 2018
safarigirl:
So, who ripped it off? Cuz someone else claimed Tiwa was given credits.

Me, I cannot believe these people and their nonsense claims because more often than not, they sort their wahala out in private and they will not come and tell us that one

If Tiwa has case, she knows who to talk to. She is too big an artiste to be doing this press business
She was ignored because the song belongs to mavin and apparently don jazzy got some credit. Her problem should be with mavin which I doubt she has the balls to do. Or maybe she is trying to generate publicity around her to help promote her new single
Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by Chudum22: 11:48am On Aug 11, 2018
Why are bloggers like this?
See the way these guys rushed to rubbish Tekno’s name for song / content theft while smartly leaving the Ciara out.

And the annoying thing is that both Tiwa and Mavin were duely acknowledged...so i believed due process was followed prior to sampling of Tiwa’s song (Before nko)...so who says she is upset? And why is she upset?

Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by Dammylois(f): 11:51am On Aug 11, 2018
Wetin concern me Its not my top off
Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by Dammylois(f): 11:51am On Aug 11, 2018
Wetin concern me Its not my rip off
Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by tishbite41(m): 11:57am On Aug 11, 2018
mess yall
Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by obioraop(m): 12:30pm On Aug 11, 2018
I don't understand people's stupidity Share acknowledgement is different from permission Ciara acknowledged Tiwa but didn't get her permission before sampling her song in the first place Haba

1 Like

Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by balaclava: 12:41pm On Aug 11, 2018
olutop:

Ignorance at its peak, Video concept is not done by the Artiste but by the video director, that is why any music video award goes to the Video director and in case of copyright case the video director is being sued, Clarence Peter is still in one case as we speak.....

Why e come pain you Na. tongue
Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by updatechange(m): 1:01pm On Aug 11, 2018
Shakushaku1:
Una go dey alright, when talent finish na to dey tiff songs remain, weldone tekno.. Nothing has been original about u since day one,even ya name

Both the tiwa and Ciara tiwa track were trash anyways.. Buh theft is theft.

Ahah grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by Djinja: 1:29pm On Aug 11, 2018
safarigirl:
So, who ripped it off? Cuz someone else claimed Tiwa was given credits.

Me, I cannot believe these people and their nonsense claims because more often than not, they sort their wahala out in private and they will not come and tell us that one

If Tiwa has case, she knows who to talk to. She is too big an artiste to be doing this press business
This your post reeks of hypocrisy and hatred or bias against Tiwa, just look at your entire write up, you were just busy bashing the victim whose song was stolen without even making mention of the people who committed the theft, talk more of condemning them. To summarise this your epistle of hatred and bias, you're just saying;

1. Tiwa wasn't ripped off because "someone" said she was given credits

2. You can't believe Tiwa and her nonsense because more often than not she won't come out to tell you when they reconcile

* This is totally ridiculous, anything she says is nonsense and shouldn't be believed just because she won't inform you when she reconciles with Tekno? Really?

3. Tiwa is a big artiste therefore she shouldn't be complaining in the media if her song is stolen, really?

*where in the entire write up did you see the writer claim that it was Tiwa that came to complain to him or that she brought the matter to the media?

That's your entire post summarised. You stretched the imagination just to cast doubts on Tiwa's claim to any injury done to her, blame Tiwa for going to press if indeed anything was done to her and dismiss any claim Tiwa might have as nonsense because you won't be there when she reconciles undecided in all of your post Tekno and Ciara have no fault whatsoever, it's all on Tiwa. You just let your hatred and bias becloud your sense of reason, justice and fairness

3 Likes

Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2018
That’s why I stopped releasing like I used to and joined a service that gives you credit they just steal steal steal and it doesn’t even make sense even big uncles on the radio ideas rule the world really God pass them fire burn the haters
Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by safarigirl(f): 3:57pm On Aug 11, 2018
Djinja:

This your post reeks of hypocrisy and hatred or bias against Tiwa, just look at your entire write up, you were just busy bashing the victim whose song was stolen without even making mention of the people who committed the theft, talk more of condemning them. To summarise this your epistle of hatred and bias, you're just saying;

2. You can't believe Tiwa and her nonsense because more often than not she won't come out to tell you when they reconcile

* This is totally ridiculous, anything she says is nonsense and shouldn't be believed just because she won't inform you when she reconciles with Tekno? Really?

3. Tiwa is a big artiste therefore she shouldn't be complaining in the media if her song is stolen, really?

*where in the entire write up did you see the writer claim that it was Tiwa that came to complain to him or that she brought the matter to the media?

That's your entire post summarised. You stretched the imagination just to cast doubts on Tiwa's claim to any injury done to her, blame Tiwa for going to press if indeed anything was done to her and dismiss any claim Tiwa might have as nonsense because you won't be there when she reconciles undecided in all of your post Tekno and Ciara have no fault whatsoever, it's all on Tiwa. You just let your hatred and bias becloud your sense of reason, justice and fairness
This long epistle and you still wrote trash cry

1 Like

Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by derrydinny: 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2018
innocential3032:
Naija mentality, one cn nt tap blessing frm another again abi? Let me be observing na
go and steal lyrics abroad and you will end up running your career with court cases

all these unexposed nlanders sef

1 Like

Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by Dilianne(f): 9:09pm On Aug 11, 2018
Become your own celebrity! Reach for greatness.
Kindly click the link below.

https://dilianne.com/2018/01/sketching-your-way-to-greatness-the-jennifer-christian-way/

Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by Djinja: 9:18pm On Aug 11, 2018
safarigirl:
This long epistle and you still wrote trash cry
How won't you call it trash when you are not capable of comprehending simple English? I doubt you have the capability of judging anything right given the ridiculous and absolutely nonsensical position you took on the matter presented in the story

2 Likes

Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by tinubuUGLYwella: 2:38am On Aug 12, 2018
eyinjuege:
Ignorance is never an excuse in law.
Tiwa, go and sue Ciara in Amelika, and you will be compensated with some millions, and more people will also be exposed to your music.
Win win situation for you.
Thievery of people's sweat should never be encouraged
And Tekno sue her for "mailo" song. that's a rip off of Tekno Pana. Thief calling someone a thief.
Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by tinubuUGLYwella: 2:44am On Aug 12, 2018
Djinja:

The idea of the song is from Ciara and not Tekno that's why Ciara gave Tiwa some credit so you people should desist from mentioning Tekno, i know Afonjas feel threatened with Teknos talent that's why they wont drink water keep cup on his matter. Mean while the song Wizkid did with Tiwa Mailo is a rip off of Tekno's song Pana so shut the fk up jorr.!!

1 Like

Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by Djinja: 5:40am On Aug 12, 2018
tinubuUGLYwella:

The idea of the song is from Ciara and not Tekno that's why Ciara gave Tiwa some credit so you people should desist from mentioning Tekno, i know Afonjas feel threatened with Teknos talent that's why they wont drink water keep cup on his matter. Mean while the song Wizkid did with Tiwa Mailo is a rip off of Tekno's song Pana so shut the fk up jorr.!!
How is Malo a rip off of Pana? I don't blame you, how won't you think upside down when you are full of tribalism

2 Likes

Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by tinubuUGLYwella: 7:12am On Aug 13, 2018
Djinja:

How is Malo a rip off of Pana? I don't blame you, how won't you think upside down when you are full of tribalism
Shut up the beat sound the same even the bridge is like Tekno's part nwanyi oma nwanyi oma.. You Afonjas should let Tekno be, he is not the only artists in Nigeria, just because he is young and doing bigger thing should not create so much envy in your hearts.
Re: Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ by Djinja: 7:53am On Aug 13, 2018
tinubuUGLYwella:

Shut up the beat sound the same even the bridge is like Tekno's part nwanyi oma nwanyi oma.. You Afonjas should let Tekno be, he is not the only artists in Nigeria, just because he is young and doing bigger thing should not create so much envy in your hearts.
You're just a clown, so this pathetic tale you wrote above is your description of a copyright infringement? You're just an ignorant fellow and I will advise you to stop making a public show of your ignorance

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars / Rita Dominic's Outfit To Toolz Wedding (Photos) / Meek Mill Coming To Africa After Rating Shows Most Followers Were Lagos Based

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.