Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,641 members, 7,801,867 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube (43986 Views)

Rema's 'Calm Down' 1st Nigerian Music Video To Reach 400M Views On YouTube / Top 16 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube In 2020 / Sinach - 'Way Maker' Hits 100 Million Views On YouTube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by badpitch(f): 12:31am On Aug 12, 2018
Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by Nobody: 1:55am On Aug 12, 2018
Babysho:
15. Tekno - Duro - 46million views

Tekno aka Slimdaddy's Duro came 15th on the list with 46m views. Duro produced by DJ Coublon video released just three years ago garnered so many views and could have a prime of 50m views at the end of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlJ33-6tPTE

14. Davido - Aye - 49million views

"She no want designer, she no want Ferrari" - popular lyric in the song by Omo Baba Olowo could have caused the video to garner 49million views. What do you think?
The rural rural setting video directed by Clarence Peters is 14th on the list and estimated to reach 55m views at the end of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ-_HIoEBE8

13. Davido - FIA - 50million views

Another hit song from the DMW HQ boss Davido has 50million views and rising. Expected to have 60m views at the end of the year. Just so you know, the video was released just 9 months ago and has fast risen to be one of the most viewed Nigerian music videos on YT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ORvJcpe2Oc

12. Psquare - Bank Alert - 51million views.

Nigeria's very own twin sensation Psquare released the visuals to this banger a year ago and has 51m views on YouTube with comments from fans all over the world.
Estimated to peak at 54m views at the end of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWSYCp-46h8

11. Maleek Berry - Kontrol - 54million views.

A bit surprised to see this on the list? Well, fast rising Nigerian pop artiste Maleek Berry's Kontrol visuals dropped two years ago and has quickly garnered views home and abroad with fans love comment from mostly UK and the rest of Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si0ZHJdlu9M

10. Psquare - Shekini - 60.3m views

Another energetic Psquare video directed by Clarence Peters is 10th on the list. Video released 3 years ago is estimated to have 63m views at the end of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCcuzqRRTHQ

9. Psquare - Collabo ft Don Jazzy - 60.6million views

Truly a collabo to remember! Third time appearing on our list is Psquare's Collabo which featured Navin record boss Don Jazzy. Video shot in S.A with crisp and beautiful scenes could reach 64m views at the end of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUvF7yj531A

8. Wizkid - Come Closer ft Drake - 61million views

Only Wizkid Star Boy music video to appear on this list is viral Come Closer which featured Canadian artiste Drake. Crisp visuals by Daps with 61m views is estimated to have 65m views at the end of the year. Personally, I was expecting more of Wizkid on the list but appears he has poor management of his YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqW18C4plZ8

7. Davido - If - 67million views

Stealing the Nigerian music scene attention is "If I tell you say I love you oo". Third time appearing on this list is Davido with If. Visuals to this worldwide hit dropped a year ago and expected to have 73m views at the end of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=helEv0kGHd4

6. Runtown - Mad Over You - 70million views.

Only Runtown song on this list is world wide hit song Mad Over You. This banger that was released a year ago garnered 70m views home and abroad and is estimated to climax 75m views at the end of the year. The video was shot in Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb4X1BWNO5k

5. Korede Bello - Do Like That - 71million views.

Pride of Mavin Record, Korede Bello is 6th on this list with energetic dance video to Do Like That. Song produced by Altims with video released barely 9 months ago could have 77m views at the end of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJBi780qFas

4. Tekno - Pana - 77millions views.

"Baby Pana!" Viral hit song by Tekno Miles garnered 77m views on YouTube with fan love comments from countries like Estonia, Malta, India, Morroco, Netherlands, Azerbaijan, Greece and alot more! The Asian themed video is expected to reach 83m views the end of the year and probably exceed 100m views at the end 2019.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YhAFBOSk1U

3. Davido - Fall - 79million views

"Cristiano, Mr Ronaldo, Omo Nintendo eh!". Viral hit song that caused world star footballer Cristiano Ronaldo to follow Davido on Instagram had its video released just a year ago and has gone ahead to garner 79m views with an expected pinnacle of 89m views at the end of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Iyuym-Gci0

2. Psquare - Personally - 84million views

The video dedicated to pop music legend Michael Jackson is second on the list. Fourth time Psquare has recorded a banger so good it has garnered so many views from countries all over the world with this one drawing attention from Asia as well. The former number one Nigerian music video on Youtube is bound to reach 90m views at the end of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttdU19Kwce8

1. Yemi Alade - Johnny - 93million views

Just wow. The song has managed to hit all corners of Africa and has garnered 93,222,000 views on it's video in the process. Getting fan love overseas from Brazil, Cuba, USA, France etc. A comical, rural setting video directed by Clarence featured top Nigerian actors, actresses like Bovi, Alex Ekubo, Beverly Naya etc. The video shot in Nigeria is expected to set a milestone of 100m views before the end of the year and hitting 160m at the end of 2019.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_XkTKoDI18

Notable mentions are ;

Timaya ft Sean Paul - Bum Bum -50m views as at February but the video has been deleted by YouTube probably due to the content.

Dbanj - Oliver Twist - 46M views

Chidinma - Fallen In Love 45m views

Flavour - Sexy Rosey - 36m views

Psquare - Alingo 36m views

Patoranking - No Kissing ft Sarkodie - 33m views

Source : Me wink

where is Wizkid
Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by obstead200(m): 2:31am On Aug 12, 2018
Destroe:
P square and davido just dominate the whole list. This just shows that davido is the biggest music artiste in Nigeria now
you are right.
Problem is, I don't even see the reason why he is so popular. Zero talent, bad voice, boastful and obnoxious davido........
What do fans see in him sef?

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by LordNapoleon: 2:49am On Aug 12, 2018
emmyid:

Guy you need to chill already. Wizkid didn't attend the award concert. He didn't go, he hardly honours award shows, even when he won BET, he wasn't there. That's jus his thing. So, which Video did you want to see. Wizkid is a big boy who wouldn't even care to attend the Grammy even if nominated. Not his thing.
You're funny. Maybe you're talking about an imaginary Wizkid. The Wizkid I know never miss Headies Award.
Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by mediagenius: 2:50am On Aug 12, 2018
Clarence Peters Shot 80% of the videos...give it to the man please

2 Likes

Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by RockHard: 3:57am On Aug 12, 2018
Merimental:

yea she has hits cos u nigeran n frequently listen 2 her songs n Collabos..beyond d borders wat really matters is ur YouTube figures aite...Tiwa wil gladly giv up all dat hits 4 Yemi's Top spot..

What sort of weird logic is that? I get am before no be property. Nobody will give a sheet about your past works if you can't sustain that momentum today in whatever you do. That's just pure common sense dude.

4 Likes

Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by Aliupdatenews: 4:37am On Aug 12, 2018
Effyzie Music superstar Yemi Alade who is currently on a world tour in support of her “Black Magic” album, took time out from her busy schedule recently to visit an orphanage in Haiti and spread good cheer.use link to see more photos.https://www.aliupdate.com.ng/2018/08/yemi-alade-visits-orphanage-in-haiti.html

1 Share

Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by iomoge2(f): 6:03am On Aug 12, 2018
Perfectdanny:

Longest Time o dont u update ur diary again?
i do update o.
Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:39am On Aug 12, 2018
Masama:
Wow, korede bello's do like that has 71 million views shocked and some ignorant people will be saying he doesn't have any hit songs after Godwin
The first time I heard that song on radio, I thought the person singing is a foreigner not until I heard few Nigerian lingo. If that song could garner 71 million views within 9 months, I am sure that video will surpass Yemi Alade's Johnny video.

2 Likes

Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:52am On Aug 12, 2018
proeast:
Afonjas are very tribalistic in nature, tufiakwa!! Just look at how they keep mentioning Davido as the one topping when P square on the same tally but they chose to feign ignorance on that because they are Igbos. The truth is that Psquare are the biggest artists to emerge from Nigeria yet and they opened the doors for the rest to emerge on the global scene.
I just hope that one day Psquare brothers will reconcile because Africa and indeed the world is really missing them. I see Tecno also making exploits in no distant time.
Haha.. That is why Psquare couldn't win MTV Europe award which 2baba, Dbanj and Davido won. What about the world music award? They were no where to be found, the same award Dbanj won twice, the only international award they won is Köra which most Nigerian artistes have won during their time . Psquare did well during their time as a duo but they aren't the biggest Nigerian artistes to ever emerge from Nigeria. Next time say that ;"they are among the best artistes that emerged from Nigeria".

2 Likes

Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by Ficco(m): 7:57am On Aug 12, 2018
donnie:
Sinach, the Jesus woman with 68 million views is not on your list.

Is she from Togo? ...Enh? OP

tongue
Abeg help me ask him o. Secular analyst angry angry angry
Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:02am On Aug 12, 2018
tinny898:

nah street tout they hear am but the best governors are inviting him to come and perform during their campaign o bro abeg just hold on to your sunny ade and barrister song you love listen to this new era grin
Olamide has that political connection just like most fuji musicians but that doesn't change the fact that most of his fans are thugs/street urchins. Olamide understands the street language than any other artistes in Nigeria. Though am not his fan, since he stops rapping, but I like his Kana video kudos to the director of that video.
Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by Merimental(m): 8:05am On Aug 12, 2018
RockHard:

What sort of weird logic is that? I get am before no be property. Nobody will give a sheet about your past works if you can't sustain that momentum today in whatever you do. That's just pure common sense dude.

stop being naive guy...it wil go down in history book in years if she holds dat spot..n hw does ones hit song relate to "i get am before no be property"
FYI ar u aware dat she's made n stil making tonne of money 4 every 1 million views on YouTube ??...go do som research Oga.
Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by Dollabiz: 8:07am On Aug 12, 2018
Oh
Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:09am On Aug 12, 2018
RockHard:

Tiwa actually has more hits than Yemi. 'Johnny' (which still has the largest Naija youtube views) is Yemi's only major hit till date. Her 'tumbo tumbo' style is mediocre.
But Yemi is concentrating more on Africa, following the footsteps of Yvonne Chaka Chaka and Brenda Fassi. Despite the fact she doesn't have hit songs after Johnny, but her concert outside Nigeria is selling out. The only thing I like about Yemi Alade over Tiwa is, she is a good performer. For now no Nigerian female artistes is as energetic as Yemi, the only person that is closer to her in that area is Niniola.
Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by Mission2prosper: 8:26am On Aug 12, 2018
LordNapoleon:
The video was able to get such views not because Korede Bello is a super star, but because he featured Kelly Rowland.
lol hates wen nor know anything. That video was already at 56 million views before he did a remix and featured Kelly Rowland. And even the remix has no video.

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by pweshdodo(m): 8:41am On Aug 12, 2018
Anduku:

Olamide fans get money to buy data weh dey go use watch YouTube? Majority of his fans are street touts

So all those artists are popular than him abi??

Check Rick Ross songs too,he always have little views

So shut up and sleep
Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by dangoteinlaw: 9:02am On Aug 12, 2018
[quote author=Anduku post=70189227]

Olamide fans get money to buy data weh dey go use watch YouTube? Majority of his fans are street touts [/quote chai!! Unrealistic truth infact I'm done with the internet today.

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by Abayor7: 9:13am On Aug 12, 2018
Destroe:
P square and davido just dominate the whole list. This just shows that davido is the biggest music artiste in Nigeria now

Who's Psquare BTW? cry
Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by AreaFada2: 10:05am On Aug 12, 2018
Cool
Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by gentlegenius(m): 10:47am On Aug 12, 2018
Anduku:

Olamide fans get money to buy data weh dey go use watch YouTube? Majority of his fans are street touts
I agree with you...

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by gentlegenius(m): 10:49am On Aug 12, 2018
Destroe:
... While P square is the richest.
Separation or no separation, they still remain the richest in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by LajaLaba: 10:55am On Aug 12, 2018
PrecisionFx:

where is Wizkid
Try borrow brain nah !!!
Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by LajaLaba: 10:58am On Aug 12, 2018
[quote author=dangoteinlaw post=70203002][/quote] grin
Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 12, 2018
LajaLaba:
Try borrow brain nah !!!

U started dishing out insults because u obviously don't have anything to say.
Run along buoy...grin
Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by Catastrophe1: 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2018
Yemi alade's Johnny is a banger. Remember back in 2015 me and Bae stepped into a spa immediately the Ethiopian girls there found out we Nigerians they turned the song on and started dancing and singing along cheesy cheesy
Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by Josdino(m): 12:44pm On Aug 12, 2018
Destroe:
[s]
Destroe:
[/s]
Destroe:
Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by sangresan(m): 3:58pm On Aug 12, 2018
gentlegenius:

... While P square is the richest.
Separation or no separation, they still remain the richest in Africa.

Because dem dey feed you or you know how fat their bank accounts are?
Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by gentlegenius(m): 7:46pm On Aug 12, 2018
sangresan:

Because dem dey feed you or you know how fat their bank accounts are?
Chairman... Why are you displaying your ignorance when you have Google right there in your browser? Why can't you make use of it and see whether P square remains the richest musicians in Africa or not?
Re: Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube by iomoge2(f): 11:44pm On Aug 12, 2018
Perfectdanny:

I wanted to ask u about sometin how do i get to you?
pm me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Youtube Rewind 2019: The Most Watched Music Videos In Nigeria / Where Is Tosin Jegede (And Others)? / 10 Hottest Songs In Nigeria Right Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.